More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:41:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09  (Read 164407 times)
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
« Reply #100 on: 2009 February 09, 13:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crunk, here's a pic of your hallway and back door.
I tend to think more real-life. I have a veggie garden myself, and it would be a long way around if I had to use the front door, as opposed to my kitchen door. So I do the same in Sim's houses, even though it doesn't really follow that they would go to the garden to pick herbs or cabbages during dinner-making.
It's a sweet house, I moved Tosha Go in, cause she likes nature.

why be normal?
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 February 09, 23:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to settle on something I like with this one this month.  I dunno, we'll see.

@Bliss - yoinked all of them, I can't say anything else but I liked each one.  The apartment was best as I can't seem to do really workable apartments.  Thanks for that.

@crunk - I like that roof over the bay windows.

@loripanori - nice exterior color scheme on the first.  Cool modern look on the second.  It reminds me of some of the 70s houses here in the States.

Strangel - I have nfc why I've never thought of doing the dog house like that.  When I have one I always put it in the backyard.  Reminds me of Mob Rule.

@Emma - that's almost too regal for that itty-bitty lot.

*slips Tingeling another unauthorized cookie

@twooflower - WIN!  Yoinked!  Loving the complete rustic theme/color scheme.

@SalixTree - yoinked just because it's Salix.  No, for real I like the whimsy.  I want a whimsical neighborhood (although I'm far too anal retentive to actually make one) so I'll hold it until I can create one.  I miss the old Salix avatar though.

@pbox - WIN!  I'd live there m'self.

@Anebrd - yep, good for a lower, lower class family or a Fortune Sim that needs to be punished with poverty.

@Kyna - Those are among THE BEST windows EA has come up with yet.  I love how orderly it all is.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 February 10, 04:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I messed up the first challenge by moving the walls for the bedroom, I thought I would try again. Again very cheap, under 20,000. No walls moved. No trees moved. the path only modify a little.

Added a link http://www.mediafire.com/file/mznnynndqkz/2 Oak Street.Sims2Pack  If it fails, let me know. First time uploading.
Tried to get it more stylish than the last one.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Faizah- I like the railing idea.
MistyK- That cabin is just beautiful.
Eaglezero-Very pretty. I like the color scheme on your house and apartment.
Borkedforlife-adore the prison. Might be good to grab for the asylum challenge I think
theresatv- I like it. Creative use of trees
Isil-I like the color scheme.
Bliss- I like your spa and took the Tudor. I know a over populated Capp family that will adore it.
Quetzkotl- I like your cabin. Also I learn a sink will fit on a cheap counter and look neat as well.
Salixtree- Love it Very Magical Feel
Minena-Very Classy looking. See a few ideas I am going to snag when I do the insides of my sims houses.
Crunk- I like your house. Seems Like a kindly old witch's home after she's retired.
Loripanori- Like the inside of both of your houses very much
Strangel- Has several ideas that I may use in the future. Plus I like the color scheme
Tingeling- I think I am going to grab both your houses for a pair of rich farts in my game.
Twooflower-Very nicely country
Kyna-Very nice. Looks very chic.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 12, 03:48:41 by Anebrd » Logged
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 February 10, 08:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a few ideas for this house this month so another may be forthcoming. For this one; I decided to mix things up a bit.  Entry is on the 2nd floor which is also the living-room area.  1st floor is the kitchen and dining area.  And the basement is the master bedroom.  I tried to keep the trees in the same locations except were I was unable to, and I switched out the cypress tree for a willow tree. 

Front of house;

2nd floor;

1st floor;

Basement;

Download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1d2gq4ztuzf/10 Oak reverse_001.Sims2Pack

I have all EP's and SP's.

** Edited to update link to a clean file**
« Last Edit: 2009 February 10, 19:14:28 by ajcrawly » Logged

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Cucumberpie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 February 10, 13:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my entry. I haven't moved any of the trees. It's not playtested (as usual), but everything should work. I have all EP:s up to Seasons and the Family Fun and Glamour Life stuff packs.

Ground floor: entry/dining area with the one desk, kitchen, living room, half-bath, lockable stairway.

First floor: master bedroom with bathroom.

The basement is empty; it can be made into spawn rooms or skillination area.

Picture of dining area.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yd5wejnwntw/HoFFebruary.rar
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 February 10, 13:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ten Oaks is intended as a holiday home, which is my excuse for not adding a nursery, or making it awesomespecs. There is a lockable kitchen, but, that apart, it's liberty hall as far as visitors are concerned.
Thinking back to some of the houses we rented for holidays when we had little children, I've made the decor comfortable, but a bit dingy - it's probably the closest to twee I've managed, with flowery wallpaper, and dull colours.

Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two sitting rooms, one lockable kitchen, and an outside dining/sitting area. It did rain during my tester's first dinner party, but nobody seemed bothered enough to stop eating, even when the fire brigade turned up to put out a lightning strike they'd failed to notice. On the ground floor decking areas there is a treadmill, chess table and easel, for skilling. 'Mature' garden, with the requisite inconvenient trees, fishing pond, tent for sleepovers, bird cage for nature lovers, and a fence that's more for pretty's sake than for actually keeping out any passing animals.

I have all EPs, and M&G SP.

Sample pictures (apologies, mostly taken at night, so a bit dark):

Front:

Side:

Ground layout:

First floor layout:

Lounge:

Kitchen:

Decking:

Garden:

More pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/cnuyg2
Download here: http://tinyurl.com/648pyj

Price (wanded): $49,828
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2009 February 10, 14:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice JIm, I like the colour scheme. I guess I just like dull, dingy and twee Cheesy

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 February 10, 15:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna - Oh so modern! I like white lots. The landscaping is a little plain but in keeping with the house.

Salix, thank you! I've added a backdoor to the lot in my hood.

Anebrd - your second attempt is adorable. It looks like a quaint shabby house out in the woods.

ajcrawly - I'm not so sure about the set up of the house, but it might work - they have to go from basement (bed) to kitchen (food) to exit in the morning, hmm? Interesting. Also interesting use of the art deco doors with Second Empire windows.  I might have dug down outside of the house somewhere so that I could add some light to the basement.

Cucumberpie - I didn't think to enclose the trees with building - nice greenhouse! Also, I'm in love with white and red color combination. Over all nice lot. The bridge is a good touch out back.

Jim - if its a vacation home, then wow! It looks very formal and like it should be stuffed full of antiques. It would appear that I am dull and boring, as I really enjoy your color scheme. One thing, though - is that carpet on the deck?

I'm working on a dingy three apartment building on this lot right now. A bit crowded, but I think it might work.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2009 February 10, 15:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anebrd, really cute! Love the red and white exterior.Is there a download link?

Ajcrawly, nice house! But on installing it with the clean installer, I noticed about a hundred recolors of something or other. You should really be more careful with what attaches itself to your package. No idea what the things were, but I'm sure you didn't use them all in your house.

why be normal?
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 February 10, 19:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Salix - I uploaded a clean link.  For some reason from time to time extra stuff attaches itself. Usually I check with cleanpack before I upload but I forgot last night.  It should be fine now!

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 February 10, 20:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice JIm, I like the colour scheme. I guess I just like dull, dingy and twee Cheesy

It's the Goopy effect. It may wear off.

One thing, though - is that carpet on the deck?
No, it's tiles - though in other lots I have used carpet for paths, and lino for living rooms, to get the right colour. Blame my lack of SPs, which sometimes forces me to make silly decorating choices, just to get a decent match. I might not be much of a builder, but I do like the furnishings colour co-ordinated, at least.
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 February 12, 13:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anebrd is proud to present
RED NINJA'S HOUSE OF GAMING

Gaint Red Ninjas stand guard over RED NINJA's HOUSE OF GAMING

The payphone doesn't work but other than the sims being whiny little brats when it came to lining up for the electro sphere I haven't encounter any problems. I took one of those "Lets go downtown and spend your money" groups and it wasn't laggy (to me).
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 February 13, 08:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here is the second one for this month.  Decided to make a family home since my last two really weren't.

Neighbourhood View;

First floor layout;

Basement layout;

Hopefully a slideshow with more pictures is here: http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/ajcrawly/10oak2/?action=view&current=8dc30389.pbw

And the download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jm2wmdmzzdn/10OaksFamily.Sims2Pack

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2009 February 14, 14:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been hanging on to this one for a week, because something just wasn't right. I went in today, finally, and decorated it. I used the same street name as one of my lots last month, and I think I'll do this in future, build little 'theme' sets of House of Fail houses.

Anyway, here it is at last, 10 Cottage Hill. It can be yours for just $44,190!

(Yes, every tree and shrub is in its original place.)

Downstairs:

(The three 'nursery' rooms can be converted to single-bed bedrooms and/or bathrooms as needed.)

Upstairs:

Download it here. (I have all EPs, FFS, GLS, K&B, H&M)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 15, 09:16:37 by Faizah » Logged

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2009 February 15, 09:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a quiet day (hurrah!) and an idea rattling around in my head, so I've made another already... 10 Pond Row costs $31,896. It was inspired by O'Neill's cabin in Stargate, though at best it's just a vague likeness.

Obviously I took out all of the trees, replacing them with different trees, in different places. I did try to preserve the feel of the lot, though.

Upstairs:

Downstairs:

Download it here. (I have all EPs, FFS, GLS, K&B, H&M)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 15, 09:26:57 by Faizah » Logged

Borkedforlife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 February 15, 15:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anebrd, that's very cool! I love the contrast between the exterior and the interior.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2009 February 16, 08:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, Faizah. I love Stargate! Nice looking house. Good for my woodsy neighborhood.

why be normal?
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 February 16, 18:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my pitiful effort for this month. It is definitely NOT awesome specs; I didn't even really try since I was aiming for a couples' or singles' hide-away. All trees and the path were left in place.

Slideshow available @ http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/February09/?albumview=slideshow
I hope y'all like it.

Edit: I forgot to say that I have ALL EPs and SPs. Also, I used MenaceMan's fix for the lunatech light, but other than that it is completely CC free.

* 10 Oak Lane.rar (546.8 KB - downloaded 348 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 March 16, 04:57:14 by chobeegal » Logged

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2009 February 16, 21:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your link isn't working.  It would be better to put one or two pictures in the thread, too.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 February 16, 21:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your link isn't working.  It would be better to put one or two pictures in the thread, too.

The link works for me, but I can't seem to get the pictures to go into the post. That's why I linked to the slidshow.

tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 February 16, 21:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link does not work for me either.

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 February 16, 21:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this one work?
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/?albumview=slideshow
« Last Edit: 2009 February 16, 23:36:40 by chobeegal » Logged

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2009 February 16, 22:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now it shows only the front cover of your "album", and seems to require registration to view more.  Not worth it.  Have you tried using ImageShack or Photobucket?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2009 February 16, 23:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't start new accounts at places JUST to view someone else's screenshots. In fact, most of MATY doesn't. We all either buy/borrow server space, or use Imageshack or Photobucket. Neither of these require anyone to do more than click to view.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 February 17, 01:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw it fine with no registration or anything. Odd.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: