More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:12:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More FUBAR Than You January: Gameplay Glitches
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More FUBAR Than You January: Gameplay Glitches  (Read 92171 times)
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: More FUBAR Than You January: Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #75 on: 2009 January 29, 06:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(snip image)
This glitch disturbed me greatly. Why would anyone want to eat V?

The answer to your question seems obvious, but I don't think they can DO that in the sims.  Either that, or Pescado is making more than a babbyroaster, and all our sims should RUN.

ETA: The quote.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2009 January 29, 18:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal. Macro>Eat will show the icon of the sim they're stealing inventoried food from before they steal the inventoried food.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 January 30, 06:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel pretty...

I had two sims change outfits simultaneously--and they swapped clothes!
This alien guy was supposed to be wearing a space suit... instead, he ended up with his roommate's dress.

Officially Weird
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2009 January 30, 10:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel pretty...

I had two sims change outfits simultaneously--and they swapped clothes!
This alien guy was supposed to be wearing a space suit... instead, he ended up with his roommate's dress.

I'm torn between wanting eyebleach and wanting to recreate this in my game.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 January 30, 10:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had switched outfits two times in the last few days.   Married adults transitioning to Elder at the exact same time, the Clothing Tool pops up to give them new options on clothes. The other was twins transitioning to teen and i have them both get new outfits from the Clothing Tool at the same time. 

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 January 30, 16:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No pics, unfortunately, because I didn't think to take any. The AL reputation bonuses can be borktastic. I never seem to get a usable blind date. In Darlington Shores, a sort of social experiment 'hood, Angelica Goldhammer offered the (married)mayor a blind date during their new resident interview session. The date? None other than Pollination Tech #88. The date was declined. Angelica ended up winning the right to move to the 'hood and upon moving her in I got the message that she and #88 were no longer friends. Thankfully #88 didn't show in her relationship panel.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 January 30, 17:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just happened to me around ten minutes ago, so I took some pictures and thought I'd share. For some unknown (to me) reason, the textures of everything in the house swapped around. Fun stuff like my sim's pajamas now as the kitchen floor, etc. It looked pretty ridiculous. I took lots of pictures.

So, first, here is how everything is SUPPOSED to look:

Then I switched floors, and when I came back, it had ALL gotten effed up:

It looks like he's covered in wires.

And when you zoom in, it looks totally different, and you can see that his pajamas and TORSO are on the floor.

And there are strange shadows on the wall... and what really bothers me is that they don't tile properly.

The entryway now appears to be carpeted in the front porch, complete with newspaper.

Meanwhile, the living room now is covered in his head. It's kind of creepy.

The education bookshelf of glory is now covered in the kitchen wallpaper + some stripes.

While the book textures have migrated themselves to the nursery floor.

And perhaps the back porch, though I can't really tell because of the snow.

Windows are totally fucked up too, look:

All in all, an utter disaster.

Fortunately the batbox fixed it. (You can see it there in that last picture, covered in snow and just waiting to be used.)

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 January 30, 17:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No pics, unfortunately, because I didn't think to take any. The AL reputation bonuses can be borktastic. I never seem to get a usable blind date. In Darlington Shores, a sort of social experiment 'hood, Angelica Goldhammer offered the (married)mayor a blind date during their new resident interview session. The date? None other than Pollination Tech #88. The date was declined. Angelica ended up winning the right to move to the 'hood and upon moving her in I got the message that she and #88 were no longer friends. Thankfully #88 didn't show in her relationship panel.

I also don't have pics, but I recently had a business owner give a raise to her townie cashier, who then offers my Sim, her boss, a job with the company she works for, in the oceanography career.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 January 30, 17:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just happened to me around ten minutes ago, so I took some pictures and thought I'd share. For some unknown (to me) reason, the textures of everything in the house swapped around. Fun stuff like my sim's pajamas now as the kitchen floor, etc. It looked pretty ridiculous. I took lots of pictures.

Hey, how did you get an advance copy of Sims 3?

I love the manly six-pack floor, but be careful if the room gets cold... someone might trip.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 January 30, 21:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely lost it when I saw his belly button on the floor next to his dining chair.  Does it tickle when people walk on there?
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 January 31, 01:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Snip*

Damn...I mean, just damn. There is no other words for it. I would have freaked if that happened to my game.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 January 31, 01:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did your sim do while you were gone!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 January 31, 01:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the book textures have migrated themselves to the nursery floor.

That looks like my apartment. Only more orderly.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 January 31, 04:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<lots of pictures>

I hereby declare you the WINNER.  Shocked

Now I would pay real money just to have it happen in my game, too damn hilarious!
Uh, wait, I will really pay money for that... Sims 3.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 January 31, 05:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 January 31, 16:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely lost it when I saw his belly button on the floor next to his dining chair.  Does it tickle when people walk on there?

Just imagine if the floor started convulsing from ticklishness while you walked across it!

I would have freaked if that happened to my game.

Well, it wasn't bad compared to the NPC slowdown bug... at least I could still PLAY while this was happening.

What did your sim do while you were gone!

Skin themselves to make horrifying floor coverings and then cover their pancakes in snow? Perhaps he wants to be sent to the asylum challenge lot. He would deserve the miserable death he would get there, too.

That looks like my apartment. Only more orderly.

Hahaha, yes, parts of mine are covered in books too. I acquire them much faster than I can reasonably expand shelf space.

Now I would pay real money just to have it happen in my game, too damn hilarious!
Uh, wait, I will really pay money for that... Sims 3.

Sims 3 is likely to be so borked we will need to come up with a stronger word to describe the borkitude.

< pirate cat >

If that's directed at me, I don't pay for my downloads. Why are we talking about this?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2009 January 31, 16:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lurk moar.

(Pirate Cat was directed at the post directly above Pirate Cat.)

Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 January 31, 18:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say that as wonderful as these glitches are in general, the textures bork is one of the most delightfully bizarre things I've seen in a long time.  Thank you! Cheesy
[/delurk]
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 January 31, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think eaglezero wins this category hands down. LOL!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
LadyDeft
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 February 01, 21:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eaglezero not only wins but also gives us a very clear view of what we can expect from TS3. If there was a Sims 3 Bork-pool this would have to go in there.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 February 02, 20:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eaglezero not only wins but also gives us a very clear view of what we can expect from TS3. If there was a Sims 3 Bork-pool this would have to go in there.

If this were Sims 3, that would be INTENTIONAL.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 February 02, 22:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have suggestions for February? I suggest Wrong place at the Wrong time. As in not exactly glitches, but Sim's odd reactions to things. For Example, I once had a sim owned a business, and someone decided to browse in front of the cash register. Then someone else tried to get to the cash register, and when he couldn't he looked like he was on the verge of tears. It was almost as funny as the time Goopy trapped my sim in the toilet stall by standing in front of it, and refusing to budge. I ended up having to command his husband to beat Goopy up. It was lucky he was a gay sim, or I would have never saved him.

If not we could do AI glitches, like stalkers, and the whole standing in front of toilet stalls thing.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2009 February 02, 23:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about glitches caused by bad hack conflicts/tight pants/etc.?  Although, I guess there'd be no way to prove that they weren't intentional.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 February 04, 18:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late to the party, and these aren't really *gameplay* so much as anatomy glitches, but I wasn't sure where else to post them.

You'd think the book would fade out with the body. Instead, this camera angle made it look like Sim State Dorm has a poltergeist.

I have no idea why this happened. He just stood there staring with his abs eating his wrist for a few Sim minutes before finally snapping out of it and putting the plate in the dishwasher.

I thought I zoomed in closer on both of those, but it's enough to get the gist, right?
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 February 06, 05:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you were the first to suggest it, Parrot, then you will be the one to start February's FUBAR thread.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: