More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:23:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: January 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: January 09  (Read 189328 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: January 09
« Reply #175 on: 2009 January 18, 22:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Cucumberpie: love the primaries. Also the dining room carpet is my favourite, but the twin bedroom is a close second. I like the tidy organisation of the house too, with the little corridor leading to the stairs.

@originalhalf: That looks really tranquil.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 January 20, 10:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I BSOD for the 4th time:

http://www.4shared.com/file/81569304/83c6c3ad/1097_West_Dreaming_Drive.html

Top floor - each apartment is divided by colour.

2nd floor - Bedrooms

Ground floor - entry point and kitchen/dining for all apartments.

It has been playtested - but only the Yellow apartment.

Next one is coming soon.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 January 20, 11:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cor blimey crikey girl! Are you after my title as monster house builder?!?  Cheesy

Love the colour coding idea, instead of trying to puzzle out which room belongs where.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 January 20, 20:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got kinda bored of decorating after the first floor.  Lol.  Hence the reason that the master bedroom in the green one is just bare - save for a chest of drawers and a divider.

The empty square area in the purple master bedroom is ment to hold another 1-tile chest of drawers / wardrobe - I just totally forgot about it.

The green apartment also has exclusive access to the very top roof - complete with spa and telescope.  So they're the ones to be friends with  Wink

Still to come:  A log cabin and a cottage.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2009 January 21, 08:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1097 Cottage Hill

It costs 49,401 simoleons.

It has two 4x4 bedrooms, three 2x3 bathrooms (toilet + shower/tub) and a dual occupancy nursery.

Finally, the house I've been wanting to do. A sturdy brick exterior, and a light and cosy interior. It's great for a small family, though, of course, there's always room to expand upwards. The nursery can be easily converted to a bedroom, or general purpose room.

I've done a lot more landscaping than I usually do...

Paintings are scattered throughout, as well.

Download it here. I have everything except TSS, Ikea, and M&G. AL required.

I forgot to add lights. Please redownload!

The lot at night:
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 16:19:28 by Faizah » Logged

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 January 21, 13:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cottage, Faizah. It's simple, but cozy. Where did those windows come from? I don't recognize them.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 January 21, 14:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just realised that I forgot to put in lights. It's so hard to tell what will light up a room when lights don't actually work in build mode, and so easy to overlook them. Bleh.

If you hit L (?) in build mode, it will go into night mode. Go to Buy Mode and place your lights. They will be lit.

I love the little gate in the middle of the shrubs. Very pretty. Very rustic. It also looks like it would make a good Three Lakes vacation home.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 14:56:29 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2009 January 21, 15:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cottage, Faizah. It's simple, but cozy. Where did those windows come from? I don't recognize them.

I want to say Glamour Life Stuff, but I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. Not particularly cottagey, with the gold in there, but nice, in an 'I never use these, I should use these' kind of way.

I've just realised that I forgot to put in lights. It's so hard to tell what will light up a room when lights don't actually work in build mode, and so easy to overlook them. Bleh.

If you hit L (?) in build mode, it will go into night mode. Go to Buy Mode and place your lights. They will be lit.

I love the little gate in the middle of the shrubs. Very pretty. Very rustic. It also looks like it would make a good Three Lakes vacation home.

Ohhh! You have to place them in night mode. (And yes, it is L. I just tested in game.) I knew about night/day switching, but I always installed the lights in the day mode. Heh.

---

Lights added. Uploaded. Link (and picture) in my previous post.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 16:04:48 by Faizah » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2009 January 22, 06:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Leaths & Faizah-Those are Sims2 Store windows, dunno which set they come from though.

Faizah, very pretty cottage, I love how you've placed the paintings over the dining table.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2009 January 22, 07:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they're store windows, I got them from a link posted somewhere on here. I'm afraid I can't be more specific. I know I do have some store items, but I don't remember when I acquired them, or where, beyond MATY. I just guessed Glamour because they have the gold trim. I see metallic/gold, and I think of the Glamour pack, it had so many metallic things in it.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 January 23, 23:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow I've ended up with 3 quite different entries for this month and now need to test them all. It looks like I've a busy weekend ahead of me!

kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 January 24, 01:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to build the house with octagon roofs, but found out that they don't work very well with the roof slope slider. Anyways, here is what I got (I would have posted it a week ago, but MATY would not load Sad  ):

front

back

floor plan 1st floor

kitchen

living

dining

floor plan 2nd floor

master bedroom

the house can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5549021a99dc212cd1014a7a667fa2b4e04e75f6e8ebb871

I have all EPs and SPs, and there should be no CC.
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 January 24, 20:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bah here's my attempt for this month.....

front of house;

1st floor;

2nd floor;

slideshow is here;http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/ajcrawly/1097/?action=view&current=26a186fc.pbw

download is here; http://www.mediafire.com/?ggqngnzxwmw

I have all EP's and SP's.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 28, 18:46:19 by ajcrawly » Logged

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2009 January 25, 00:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took me so long to get back here.  I got sick and had to go to the hospital after I posted the picture.  I'm doing a lot better now, but I just haven't had the desire to work on the house much more.  I do feel it is as done as it's going to get, so I figure before it's too late, I'll go ahead and post it.

§94,221
2 bedrooms
nursery
2 bathrooms
balcony
pond

This requires all EPs + Family Fun, Celebration & Mansion & Garden

* 1097 West Dreaming Drive _twoflower.rar (564.08 KB - downloaded 372 times.)

Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2009 January 25, 05:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My attempt at an EAxis House of Phail. It's Pseudo-Awesomespec. Linked because the file is so bloated.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 January 25, 13:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate it when people neglect to give the top floor ceilings!
It's not that hard. Just put floortiles directly under the roof, and it will generate ceilings below.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 January 25, 18:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that hard. Just put floortiles directly under the roof, and it will generate ceilings below.

Roll Eyes It really isn't that big a deal to me. I can easily go in and add them myself if they've been forgotten. But maybe they aren't forgotten at all. Maybe the person doesn't have AL and so doesn't know how to make ceilings show up for it. Grin

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 January 25, 21:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use ceiling tiles very often, so the top floor doesn't get any.  Get over it.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 January 26, 01:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me either. To be honest, I don't ever look at ceilings. Why would I? There's nothing to see.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 January 26, 01:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ceilings are overated unless you like making movies or taking lots of Sim real photos. I never look at them either, they get in the way of my playing.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 January 26, 01:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use ceiling tiles very often, so the top floor doesn't get any.  Get over it.

Yeah. What she said.  Tongue

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 January 26, 21:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've ended up doing three houses this month probably because the first one was an absolute sod to finish and I'm still not happy with it. This is number 2 of 3, otherwise known as 1097 Barclay Square. It's designed to be a home entertainment/recreation business so there is a ticket machine and open/close sign ready to go... all you have to do is get on the phone and register a home business. It's essentially a house of two halves with most of it open to the public and a private two storey flat that is accessed from the middle floor.

Front - outside is a large swimming pool and play area for the sim brats.

Ground Floor - public recreation area with male/female toilets and a shower room. There are a couple of vending machines and even a waste bin for neat sims to dump their rubbish in.

Middle Floor - public gym area and two balconies, one with sun loungers and the other a hot tub. There is the entrance to the private flat with a kitchen dining area on its lower floor.

Top Floor - private bed/sitting/bathroom and access to private balcony with sun loungers.

More pictures in slide show: http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/spacedcat/Lot%20Building/1097BarclaySquare/?action=view&current=415e23e6.pbw

Created with all EPs/SPs (except teen/celebration stuff). Download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=293267ffc45b6ab9d2db6fb9a8902bda

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 January 27, 11:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yoinked. I always like your buildings, and this is no exception.

My last offering is 1097 Blue Horizons, which is completely unAwesomespecs. There's no provision for children, or for keeping people from wandering wherever they want to. It's for popularity or romance sims, who just want to have fun, entertain, make out etc., with no contingent increase in the population. The garden is largely given over to a barbecue/party area, opening off the lounge, though there is also a fishing pond, and an attempt at a stepping stone path (using green linoleum, not very successfully.) I haven't had a wolf circling for a long time, so there's no anti-wolf fencing, but there's room for it if they do start showing up.

This lot seems so shaded and dark to me that I've made it virtually all windows, which is boring from a building point of view, but the only way I know to get enough light into this house. Downstairs has a large dining/chess/piano/TV area, with separate kitchen, hot tub, and bathroom. The hot tub and bathroom have windows to the ground, like the rest of the house, so I've used planting outside to give an effect of privacy. You'd probably want a 'perfect plants' hack to maintain them - or substitute some decent CC blinds. There's quite a bit of lighting scattered round the lounge, so it is very bright at night. Personally I like it bright, but I'll admit it does glare a bit. There are three solar panels on the roof, to help offset the electricity bills.

Upstairs there's a twin guest bedroom, a music room, a bathroom with twin showers, and a double bedroom. The verandah area has a treadmill, and there's a large landing with seating and bookcase, for anyone who needs a break from partying. No ceiling tiles on this floor (to keep the cost down.)

It comes in at $114,553. I have all EPs and just the M&G SP.

Front:

Ground:

Upstairs:

More pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/dk5d9s
Download here: http://tinyurl.com/djgmpp

If I never play another building with diagonal walls, that's fine by me.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 January 27, 15:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always like the look of your houses, Jim. I think my favorite part of this one, for a reason I can't quite put my finger on, is the way the border of the front patio alternates between fencing and garden areas. I also like the way you used the table booth seats for a couch. I don't know why, but it wouldn't have ever occurred to me to use them like that.
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 January 28, 20:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Completely illegal and ineligible offering as it is bloated with custom content.  Contains the little garden I posted awhile ago.  Directly inspired by SalixTree and eaglezero.  I have had no internet access at home for over a week (*throws firebomb at Verizon) but will tomorrow (*cheers to Comcast).  Will upload actual house file then and edit this post if anyone is interested.  More pics can be found here http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/originalhalf/Jan%2009%20House%20of%20Phail%20Custom/

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmzjgjhdgzg/1097G.Sims2Pack
« Last Edit: 2009 February 05, 00:08:50 by originalhalf » Logged

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: