More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:37:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: January 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: January 09  (Read 190445 times)
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: January 09
« Reply #50 on: 2009 January 05, 05:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faizah I love the look, very nautical with the round windows and what look like ships rails. Would be very nice at the beachl.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 January 05, 08:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, some amazing houses! Love the casbah one, Minena..  and Kattenijin's woodsy one, (I'm a sucker for forests).
You guys are so fast! I moved some Sims into mine, and kept playing them while building. It IS a fun house to play!
Just wondering now how to make the witch cauldron stay behind when I move out, so far I've moved the Sims out 2x, and each test move made the cauldron disappear. Maybe if I kill the Sim.  Wink Ah well, it doesn't really HAVE to have the cauldron.

Here's a pic of mine, still in progress. Should be done in a day or two.

why be normal?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 January 05, 09:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmm, very witchy cottage. If you find out how to make the cauldron stay, do please let me know, I'm also making something for witches.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 January 05, 10:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be interested in finding out if killing the witchsim or all sims would leave behind the cauldron.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 January 05, 11:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I did it. Got the cauldron to stay, with no killing of Sims involved.
I made my lot a community lot. My witch Sim bought the lot. She went there and left some test items: cauldron, money tree, witch light, and some crafted flowers. She went home, and sold the lot. I turned the lot into residential. All items stayed!! Yay!
I even did a test packaging, and placed the lot back down, items still there. So I'm assuming one can leave just about anything on a lot using this method.

.. back to building!

why be normal?
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 January 05, 14:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember where I got this from but I have witch things in buy/build mode..it makes all the witch stuff regents, potions, lights, thrones, cauldrons, books available in catalog...some stuff shows up in random places though, like I believe the regents are in hobbies

edit: found where I got it from, it is by XPTL297 at InSim  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=97344

I have had no issues with it, but maybe someone awesome can check it out

* WitchThingiesInBuild&Buy.zip (2.93 KB - downloaded 366 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 05, 15:33:04 by mistyk » Logged

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 January 05, 16:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's more than just the witch things. there are other al things in there, plaques and what not. i used simpe to delete everything but the witchy items when i figured that out.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 January 05, 16:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's more than just the witch things. there are other al things in there, plaques and what not. i used simpe to delete everything but the witchy items when i figured that out.
thanks, I hadn't noticed that since I have unlockers for career rewards and such I thought the plaques were part of that...I have never used simPe...so i have no idea how to make any changes to it

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 January 05, 16:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Quaint Residential, yours for only 106,800 (give or take a few simoleans)!"
Three stories, five bedroom six bath.

Moar pictures, with descriptions

Download Link
I have all expansions, Teen Style Stuff, Mansions and Gardens, Kitchen and Bath, Happy Holiday Stuff, and Glamour Life
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 January 05, 17:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my entry, it is §79k furnished, no CC and has 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Living room, kitchen, separate dining area. Desk is in living room, stairs not closed off, but can be easily done. No nursery included this time. On the second floor there is a games room area. All EPs/SPs used. I will add more pics when I properly playtest this evening. Pics are kinda dark, sorry.

Download here.

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2009 January 05, 17:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, that back-garden fence is a good idea. In my lot, no matter where I put the back door, everyone visiting plus the paperboy/girl uses that as opposed to the front door. I put it in the most ridicules place, and visitors still used it! Like as if they live in Holland, where nobody uses their front door.

why be normal?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2009 January 05, 17:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always fence off the back door when playing as I can't stand things being dropped there. I don't usually fence the front garden off though, unless there is something there I don't want guests messing about with. I don't mind pets digging up the ground as that is the only way I get my sims to dig for stuff. No holes-no digging!

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 January 05, 19:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a horrible feeling this is going to be a clone of what's already been posted, but here goes nothing.

Dundreamin House comes in at $112,627. It would have been a little dearer if I'd remembered to put in a phone. It's a two-bedroom, three bathroom house. Ground floor accommodation includes lounge, dining room and bathroom, all open to guests. In addition there is a private kitchen, and large nursery which could be converted into a decent en suite bedroom when reproduction is no longer required. Entry to the family's private accommodation is via the gym, with stairs to the first floor. There is a master bedroom with bath/shower room en suite, a twin children's bed and bathroom, and a large family room.

I'm not sure if this meets the letter of the law or not. The path is there, you just can't see it for all the paving.

Sample pictures:

Download here: http://tinyurl.com/648pyj

File cleaned by Clean Installer. Countertops and bathrooms cleaned by Traveller family testers.

ETA: I've got all EPs, and no SPs apart from M&G.

[Having now read the thread, I can see I did mess up with the path requirement. Have kicked the cat, and feel better now.]
« Last Edit: 2009 February 08, 23:46:34 by jim » Logged
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 January 05, 20:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they keep coming. More adorable entries. Cozy, well appointed, attractive.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 January 05, 20:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm enjoying working with a smaller lot for a change so I thought I'd post a picture of the work in progress. I've gone a bit back to front this time and finished the exterior before really starting on the interior so it's a lot less finished than it looks! It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can complete and upload it as I must stop being distracted and write an essay for uni.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 January 05, 21:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eevilcat, I love the colours you used. The roof looks great and I love the little summerhouse in front.

originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 January 05, 21:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this is why I never put anything up.  Dear Goddess can one be any more intimidated right now?  Oh well, before the end of the week I guess.

@Faizah and chobeegal - I figured it would require patience which I lack, but I'll give it a shot the next time, thanks!

@SalixTree - yoinking immediately!  I think I have all your entries in game.  If this is a little intimate cottage I'm going to be SO happy.

@aubreylaraine - off topic but your avatar always makes me smile.

@emma and jim - see: intimidation

@eevilcat - I really need to try those roofs myself one day.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 January 05, 21:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this month's title is a misnomer, I don't know how phail a house can be when it inspires so much beautiful work.  Anyway, here is the first of two remodels that I've done.  The second version, which is actually the first one I started on, needs to be furnished and playtested before I upload it.

1097 Stars Boulevard

Third Floor/Attic:  Finished sewing/craft room, half bath and unfinished space that is currently being used as a makeshift game room/ballet studio. 

Second Floor:   Master bedroom with attached bath, common bathroom, teen room, child's room and small double twin room for guests or sims who don't deserve their own bedroom.  There is also a central common area with television and stereo.  The space above the first floor living area is open, but can easily be closed off into another room.

First Floor: The open entry has the One Desk, piano and the main living/reading area.  There is also a nursery with attached bath, a large kitchen/dining area and an enclosed porch for skilling/storage.

Yard:   Fishable pond, space for a small orchard or garden, and plenty of flowers to keep a nature sim happy (and sweaty) for hours. 

Disclaimer:   I playtested it a bit with a large family, and fixed all the issues that they turned up, but I know I forgot the burglar alarm.  I have all EP's, SP's and most of the store items. 

The way I did the roofing makes the lot look like total crap in the neighborhood view, just in case that's something that you look for in a house.

Download Link:   1097 Stars Boulevard Wanded to $67,998
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 January 05, 22:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Batelle, that is gorgeous! I love the red, white and blue theme.

FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 January 05, 23:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have got to get M&G now. There's so many of these houses I want to download and can't! Sad
Plus, seeing the beautiful gardens everyone's made makes me want the stuff in my game.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 January 06, 00:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to look at any houses till I'd finished mine, so I wouldn't find myself copying other people's ideas. Now I have looked at them all, it does look as if this month's going to be great. It's amazing we've got so many good lots already. What stands out to me is (are?):

@Jorganza: This will look good in my Japanese hood. They're all Tai Chi experts, so they'll be flocking to your pagoda to show off. It has a really sumptuous colour scheme.

@Emma: I can't believe you can get all that for $79k. That's within reach of your average brooding bachelor. It's so moody - and so made for pleasure.

@Batelle: This is definitely my favourite. I usually like to play big lots, but you've somehow made this little house feel big. It looks very liveable. That blue and white bedroom is just lovely.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2009 January 06, 01:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faizah I love the look, very nautical with the round windows and what look like ships rails. Would be very nice at the beachl.

Ooh, I just realised what you were referring to -- the round things are lights. I just put them all the way up on the exterior because I thought they looked nice.

-----

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting is because I've made another already... I present to you, 1097 Castle Court. It costs 56,862 simoleons, thanks to the magic wand. I may have gone slightly overboard with the trees...

Exterior:

Downstairs:

Upstairs:

The Pool Room:

Nursery:

As before, I have all EPs and several SPs (Holidays, FFS, GLS, Celebrations, H&M, I think.)

Download it here.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 06, 01:18:58 by Faizah » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 January 06, 02:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gone a bit back to front this time and finished the exterior before really starting on the interior so it's a lot less finished than it looks!

Interesting comment. I always do the exteriors first. I just do a rough room layout inside so I know where to put windows, check the doors, then do all the exterior of the house. Whether I do the house interior or the gardens next really depends on my mood of the evening, I often alternate.

@Everyone else: WOW!

Kangaroop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 January 06, 04:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering now how to make the witch cauldron stay behind when I move out, so far I've moved the Sims out 2x, and each test move made the cauldron disappear.

http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/6049797.html

This tutorial explains an amazingly fast and easy way to decorate lots with career rewards and unlockable items such as the witch cauldron, and upload them without need of moving out or killing the sims living inside. I built a laboratory and a school set a few weeks ago and was able to upload them without losing the biotech station, the cowplant and all other career rewards I used to furnish them.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 January 06, 04:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thanks. Now I knew this could be done but I've always been too lazy to suss out how to find the lot number.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: