More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:23:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: January 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: January 09  (Read 189318 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: January 09
« Reply #150 on: 2009 January 14, 02:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very nice family home. We'll have to take a brownie point off for losing the curvy path though!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 January 14, 04:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's been a few months since I've done one of these houses, but I wanted to give this one a try. I hope you like green, because that seems to be where my mind was.

The house ended up with 3 bedrooms (plus nursery), and 3 baths. It's not entirely awesomespec, but it's close. I liked the way I did the stairs on the ground floor, so I didn't want to close them in. I play tested it and everything seems fine. For $125,971 (not wanded), your sims can see if I'm telling the truth.

Front

Top Down Views

Front Yard

Family "Room"

Rec Room

More pictures

Download here.

ETA: I have all EPs and the Glamour Life, Teen Style, and Ikea stuff packs.

Also, I wanted to mention that I've loved just about every entry this month, but I haven't said anything because I'm annoyed that I can't download a single one. You people with your M&G SP are just killing me.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 January 14, 04:34:22 by leaths » Logged
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2009 January 14, 06:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leaths, I download those lots anyway. I don't own any stuff packs, so I get the lot with a few missing items. Most seem fine without those items.(Except Witch's lots, which really needs all the neat stuff!)

why be normal?
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 January 14, 06:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? That's good to know. I figured that since M&G worked more like an EP than a SP, it would be required for lots built with it. Now I can happily go on a yoinking spree. Thanks!
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 January 14, 07:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@leaths - It's a very nice house and I do love the way you have the staircase! And the green only adds to the very earthy/homey feel of your house.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2009 January 14, 16:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I wanted to mention that I've loved just about every entry this month, but I haven't said anything because I'm annoyed that I can't download a single one. You people with your M&G SP are just killing me.  Smiley

I don't have M&G, so there's at least three lots up for grabs there... Nor am I planning to get M&G in the near future. (And yes, that means I do not intend to Arr it. Actually purchasing it never even rated consideration.)

PearlRose
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 January 14, 18:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I just used M&G for the garden of my house and not anywhere inside, so perhaps the garden will be a bit bare, but the house should be in good shape.

As for the other houses posted, well, I can just say it's a good thing I have a bunch of Uni grads in my 'hood who are going to need new houses soon, because I just yoinked several for use in my game.

leaths, I really adore your house. It's really pretty, and I especially love how you've done the yard, especially without use of the garden-friendly M&G pack.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 January 14, 18:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question, though: Because M&G stuff is technically a mini-expansion, wouldn't houses built with M&G become unusable for those who don't have the M&G stuff pack? As I read it, M&G is considered a mini-expansion because of the new building cheat. I hope they're compatible.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 January 15, 00:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question, though: Because M&G stuff is technically a mini-expansion, wouldn't houses built with M&G become unusable for those who don't have the M&G stuff pack? As I read it, M&G is considered a mini-expansion because of the new building cheat. I hope they're compatible.
The most important thing is not whether the latest pack is considered to be an EP or an SP.

The important thing is whether the latest pack actually changes the internal structure of records within the lot package.  If a record is in an unknown format (ie, the format from a later pack), the game will usually crash.

So far, I haven't found any internal changes in the lot packages between AL and M&G.  Therefore, there is some hope that a lot created with M&G can be used in a game without M&G but with AL.  Of course, any M&G-specific meshes could be a problem.

FYI: Both Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff redefine the lot package internals, but then EA got wise and started using the Pets structure for all SPs except M&G.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 January 15, 02:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess the only thing to do is to try it and see what happens. I'll download something soon and report back if no one else gets to it first.

@Faizah--I'll have to go back and look through the thread. I must have missed yours. Or at least not noticed that it didn't include M&G.

@starlady and PearlRose--Thanks. I don't think it compares to some of the clever things others have done with this house, but I like how it turned out for the most part.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2009 January 15, 05:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are all on the first few pages, I think. There's a red and white modern apartment lot. A cabin in the woods with a billion trees. And a castle type lot, with throne room, and optional hedge maze.

SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2009 January 15, 07:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I downloaded a variety of houses using stuff packs, and my game didn't crash.
For example, Minena's Casbah house uses all packs except Holiday, and what I got had missing doors and things, which I can easily replace using CC, and the lot will still look similar to what she made.

why be normal?
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 January 17, 01:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rassin' frassin' Verizon and work.  Ok, here goes:

@starlady - I really like your kitchen.  I have a fondness for that diner combo.  I also like how you put the skilling items in the hallway.  I'll have to try that, it's different from the usual places.

@witch - I really like art nouveau but am having issues with the Maxis interpretation.  It's so - movie theatre-ish.  I love, love, love what you did with the front stairs!  I have a 3 witch family this will work for.

@Minena - Yoinking this, so all-American looking which I can't build for diddly. 

@eaglezero - I like little courtyards like that, never tried one like that.  Cute.

@Bliss - Yay for neutrals!  I really, really like that kitchen.

@PearlRose - I never would have thought of putting the stairs there.  Ditto to witch's comment on your kitchen.

@realmscat -  Orderly.  I like orderly.  Orderly is really good.  So is white.  Love the master bedrooms.  Really nice object placement.  How's it play?

@leaths -  Got this one.  Love how you did the garden/greenhouse.  I'm a sucker for a badass garden.

I promise to upload mine tomorrow. Between internet connection issues at home and the little Malaysian boy slacking on the job here at MATY I didn't even try.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Loaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 January 17, 02:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fantastic houses this time round - I just hope I'm not letting the side down by delurking  Wink

1097 West Factory Road

I'm not entirely sure why, but this house seemed to scream 'factory conversion' to me. Mixing industrial architecture and modern decor, the building has become the perfect home for a bachelor sim or a rich young couple. The gound floor is almost totally open-plan, with a good-sized bathroom and greenhouse, whilst the bedroom area and access to a small balcony are to be found on the upper mezzanine level.

Upper -

Ground -

The garden is slightly landscaped, but not much, and there is a small patio area outside the front door. Outsite the perimeter fence is far less cared for than the factory itself, but the car can be worked on and restored - you just need to put it on a driveway piece once it's complete. The lot costs 107,990 and has been fully playtested and scanned with the clean installer. More images can be found at http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/ryukrolld/1097%20West%20Factory%20Road/

The lot itself - http://www.box.net/shared/2x3mxktcss

Enjoy!   Cheesy

EDIT: Forgot to add which ep/sp combo - I have all ep's, family fun, glamour life, IKEA stuff, and M&G - apologies for forgetting this!
« Last Edit: 2009 January 17, 02:42:37 by Loaf » Logged
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 January 17, 02:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ loaf - Oh HELLS yeah!  Yoinking this immediately!

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 January 17, 05:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@originalhalf -- Thanks. I actually did the landscaping first this time instead of leaving it until the end. I think it made a difference because I wasn't in a hurry to just get it done already.

@loaf -- That is awesome. You did a great job of sticking to your theme and making it everything work together. The only thing I would change is moving the TV off of a diagonal. I don't think sims can watch it properly that way. (They stay standing up instead of sitting their rears on the couch.) But that hardly matters.

*yoinks*
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 January 17, 06:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice Loaf, I have another converted factory apartment  - pbox's? - near the four factories that Notovney made, this will fit nicely in the area. Well themed. Cheers.

Thank god I have my Internet back, I'm planning to go and get all the lots from the previous months and file them properly, my competition downloads are all over the place and I'm sure I'm missing some beauties.

mrowcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 January 17, 21:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not as impressive as some people's houses this month, but here's my version. I wanted to use textures, especially on the walls, that I normally don't. I'm not sure about the results, but here it is.

Front view

Overheads - Downstairs is the foyer, living room, sunroom, kitchen, dining, nursery and powder room.

Upstairs are the master suite, second and third bedrooms, second bath and a craft/skilling room.

More pics

Download here I have all ep's and all but Family Fun, Holiday, H&M and Ikea stuff packs installed.

originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 January 18, 04:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here goes.  I have all the EPs, but only the Ikea and M&G stuff packs.  Oh, and the store stuff from here.  It's far from Awesomespec as I don't play that way, but is easy to adapt.  Extending the rail at the top of the stairs with a gate and locking the back door limits the movement of visitors.  I did try it and it worked well.  The one desk is on the ground floor in the family room.

Exterior front.

Ground Floor Plan.  Yes, Cecil gets his aquarium.

First Floor Plan.

Second Floor Plan.

I went picture happy so I'm only posting a couple of my favorites.  The rest can be found here:  http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/originalhalf/January%2009%20House%20of%20Phail/  (yeah, I'll work on fixing that link length later).

Entryway Garden.  The little fairy is soooo cute.

Emma's Concertina Windows.

Spawn Area.  I adore those sun god lamps.

Private Balcony with hot tub.

I never use this many decorative objects (except for landscaping) so that was a huge challenge.  I tend toward strictly utilitarian and don't do frou-frou.   I highly recommend you run it through Clean Installer - I did, but as I'm an igmo with some stuff I can't guarantee I knew what I was doing.

Piss, almost forgot the file.  It's here  http://www.mediafire.com/?2dy10dzzxxn

« Last Edit: 2009 January 18, 04:47:35 by originalhalf » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 January 18, 11:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@mrowcat: I can see where you were going with the brick and siding mix. It makes for a bit of variety and some lines to break the height. You've got a good family home there, if a trifle dark for my taste in a couple of places. I like the sunflower seat.

@originalhalf: You just have so much SPACE! Granted it's a two-bedroom, three-floor house, but even so, a sauna!?!  Cheesy I like the colours, the wood and the open-plan living. Very modern, I don't think it's frou-frou at all.

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 January 18, 11:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's the kind of house I like. Clean lines, lots and lots of windows, modern and open. I can admire the cottagey makeovers, and marvel at the post-industrial ingenuity, but they always seem too twee or too dark to actually play. It's not long before I'm redoing the walls, sticking in more windows, just butchering the original idea.  This is right up my street.

ETA: It plays very nicely. I moved in a couple with two kids, and they're making full use of the facilities.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 18, 16:06:07 by jim » Logged
Cucumberpie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 January 18, 14:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my entry. It's pretty much Awesomespec except that there's only one crib in the nursery. I have all EPs up to Seasons and the Family Fun and Glamour Life stuff packs.

Exterior pictures:

Ground floor plan: entry with the One Desk, living room, dining room, kitchen, nursery, bathroom.

First floor plan: Skilling area, master bedroom with bathroom, twin bedroom, another bedroom, bathroom.

Living room.

Dining room and kitchen.

Master bedroom.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ngq5ixmuz3/HoFJanuary.rar
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 January 18, 16:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@mrowcat - like the stone, I have trouble mixing it with other materials on the exterior.  I like the formality of your foyer, very upscale.

@Cucumberpie - primary colors ftw!  Cool working balcony on the front.  Sucks the lot is the way it is and the play stuff has to be in front.

@jim - eaglezero, leaths and of course Salix inspired this garden with cc stuff - my poor attempt at indoor-ish cottage-y. 

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 January 18, 17:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@orginalhalf -- I really like the modern look of your house. I can never seem to do modern very well, so I always download those type of houses. Like Emma, I really like those concertina walls. And that cc garden is gorgeous. I really love the hot tub deck too.

@mrowcat -- I think that the contrast between the stone and the siding on the exterior works really well. I also like the fenced off portion of the back garden. I would so sit in that garden seat on a sunny afternoon. I don't know about that heavy, Victorianish wallpaper in the sewing room. I think it conflicts with the rest of the house. It's still a nice looking house, though.

@cucumberpie -- Nice primary colors. I attempted a version that was mainly primary colors and it ended up looking like Superman exploded all over the house, so I am impressed that you pulled it off. I think the dining room carpet is my favorite part.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 January 18, 21:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@originalhalf: These are the things I notied when playing the house. It runs a bit slow at times, more then likely due to my machine it is above the requirements yet it is still not high end. The Diagonal couch has its' issues as far as wanky animations when played on, and at times they will walk through it. Other then that the only real fubar was the telescope. I hadn't noticed right way but the great divider is in the way of looking through it. Everything else ran smoothly though I personaly think the AI for using doors is a bit warped. I have always thought that which is why I usually remove any door but the front door. So I did notice they used the side door to often for my likings.

@Witch: Oops! I deserve to loose the points, I should read the rules throughly instead of skimming over them. Now I feel truely blonde.   Huh Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: