More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 04:15:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help! Darleen's Baby's in Limbo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help! Darleen's Baby's in Limbo!  (Read 5433 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Help! Darleen's Baby's in Limbo!
« on: 2005 November 10, 10:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Darleen Dreamer (resurrected by loving hubbie Darren) has had her wish, and at approx. 3 am she had her baby boy, who stayed suspended in mid-air for hours with no name, and buy/build modes disabled.  Baby Boy is unclickable, although the option to bathe him comes up on the sink, but disappears again.  Darleen, although quite active, still has a bulge, and Darren is still able to Talk to Belly.  It's now 2.00 pm, and nothing further has happened - is Darleen expecting a second baby?  What is going on here?

Well, it's now early evening!  I used the teleporter to teleport baby Boy Dreamer to the lot, and he was clickable.  Then Dirk started feeding baby no. 1.  I can't buy another crib, Darleen's still pregnant and has no memory of having had a baby, and Clear all Visitors doesn't work!  I still have both nameless babies!  I think I may have inadvertently created identical twins!  Should I save and exit in the hopes that reentering the house will find the problem is righted itself, or what?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 11:01:49 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Help! Darleen's Baby's in Limbo!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 11:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was going to have twins, you might have created triplets.

Could she be stuck because she didn't have room to put down two babies? Did you notice the message? For natural twins, the message that comes up says something about having two babies on the way (can't remember exactly, but something at the beginning that makes it obvious.)

I hate deleting babies, but I think I'd try force resetting everyone (including mother) and if that didn't work, deleting them so they enter by the mailbox and see if that fixes it.

(I don't know anything about how the game really works, so if my suggestion blows your game up, I'm really sorry.)

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 11:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just got the message that the baby was on the way - then nothing.  I can't delete either baby as I can't use buy or build mode.  I guess boolprop will be the only chance!  It's really just crazy!  Darleen still gets the "Darleen has the day off today" message, she can only wear maternity clothes, now they are taking care of both babies autonomously, but I only have one crib!  And only one baby appears in the family menu.

Update:  Tried resetting Darleen and both babies, to no avail!  I find now that I can't save and exit, the whole house is in limbo!  I suppose I'll have to close the game down from Windows Manager!
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 11:43:56 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 11:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ouch, hopefully it won't take you back far. and won't blow up. wish I could think of something helpful...

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 10, 11:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've done it - but I can't remember when I last saved the game, so maybe they haven't even remarried yet!  so many hours of play! Cry

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 10, 11:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried JM's Lot Fixer? The Re-enable Controls option.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 10, 11:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried everything else, never thought of that one!  Slaps wrist!  Too late now, I've closed down everything and restarted my PC!  If it happens again, I'll try that!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 10, 12:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be slightly off-topic, but I'm wondering which method of resurrection did you use, resurrect-o-nomitron or SimPE? I'm asking  because every single time Darleen woohoos in my game (she was brought back via SimPE, before I read about her being the only one that could be brought back by the phone), the 1st woohoo cut scene will play. Didn't matter that she's had another child (tried for a baby the old fashioned way) since her resurrection, the game doesn't seem to remember she's no longer a virgin Tongue, which makes me wonder if something is wrong with her character file, maybe it's incomplete or some such, or if I just didn't do a good job of bringing her back Undecided.

I try to play out a sim's pregnancy before moving on to other lots, saving before the impregnation and maybe only save again when they go into labour. That way, I could be sure nothing's gonna go wrong, and if it did, I don't waste too many hours of gameplay. It also helped that I have backups to go back to before the pregnancy. It's a bit tedious, backing up before every gameplay session, but it's helped me out a few times when my pregnant sims just wouldn't give birth. I haven't experienced the bug where a birth would disable controls, it's only overdue pregnancies so far. Hope things turn out well with your Darleen's pregnancy the second time around Smiley.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 10, 13:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's re-enable controls. Insimenator has an option to re-enable saving too. Also next time you could try messing around with changing the lot zoning and doing boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false and see if any of that enabled saving.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 10, 14:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had baby-frustrations in the past, too. When I first resurrected Bella, Joe got her pregnant, she had Justin, was back in her red dress, then later I teleported her off the lot. Or maybe I had Joe tell her goodbye. I don't remember. He invites her over the next day, and she's hugely pregnant again, and has their daughter as soon as I made her selectable (I think I was using the Mind control mirror for that? This was last April or May before the shift-click option worked), back to red dress, buh-bye Bella and thanks for the baby. Next day, same thing, another daughter named Colleen. When she tried to have yet another baby the next time she came over, I decided enough was enough and left the lot without saving (luckily I'd saved after Colleen, so I didn't lose her). I re-entered the lot, called her over and she was not pregnant, this time. But, Jeez, if Joe were a human he'd have gone running for the hills if his one-night stand kept coming over and depositing babies on his lawn like a Pez dispenser! I never figured out what happened, there. And, of course, Bella and Joemuch later had those other 11 babies with no glitches whatsoever. Don Lothario is a bit bewildered, though.  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 10, 15:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm pretty sure the Darleen files are messed up, since ther are two of them, one in daywear, one in nightwear, with completely different personalities, one remembers being married, the other doesn't etc. etc.  I brought Darleen back with the Resurrect-o-mitron, and Darren paid the full 10,000 simoleons for her and she was fine up until the pregnancy went wrong.  (I have loads of couples since NL who get the Special Event camera for each woohoo, but it doesn't go in their memories each time and I also had it in previous installations, always when in bed it's been really devoted couples, so I think it has something to do with the three lightning bolts).

Anyway, I reloaded, and luckily I had saved after she got pregnant, in fact the morning before tha baby half-arrived.  When I checked out the crib, it was supposedly faulty, so I've taken it out of the game for now and put in a Maxis instead.  This is the first pregnancy I've had go the full term since NL, so I haven't used Cemre's cribs in a while, so maybe they haven't updated very well.  I'll try them again and check them out with another less problematic couple!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 10, 17:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to update, the baby arrived without a hitch this time, and it's a girl.  Both parents are delighted and so far not a hitch in the baby-minding!   (I did have Darleen regenerate after giving birth though, she needed a bit of help to get through the day!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 13, 06:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy cow!  I read your posts and am always wondering, 'what on earth do you do to that game?'  LOL!  I'm glad your baby problem's finally sorted.  It's stories like these that keep me saving my game at least twice per sim day. Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 13, 14:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think it may be because I resurrected her, and her file isn't perfect.  (There were actually two Darleens, one in daywear, the other in a nightie, but their characters were entirely different.  One had the memores (the nightime one) and the daytime one didn't.  It's the daytime one, though, that was the ghost and was buried on the lot, so when Darren resurrected her, that's the one he got!  But I haven't a clue what Maxis did with those files!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: