More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:59:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A fine example of EAxis' quality items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A fine example of EAxis' quality items  (Read 12379 times)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
A fine example of EAxis' quality items
« on: 2008 September 30, 01:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Apartment Life "Gearhead" social group clutter.

Dear God, I wish I was kidding. Freaking paper wrenches.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: A fine example of EAxis' quality items
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 30, 05:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "dirty clothes" objects that came with TSS are 2D as well. I couldn't believe it when I saw them in the screen shots. I was thinking, "Are they actually proud of that?" Then I realized they probably were.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 30, 09:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those tools look like shit. I don't think the clothing 'rugs' are supposed to be all flat like that though-I think they've done the rugs wrong. Rugs are not supposed to be completely flat. Roll Eyes

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 30, 12:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nice.   I bet my 4 yr old could draw those.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 30, 15:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder why sims suck at repairing. With tools like that.

For some reason it reminds me of those people who paint their clothes on. Sims just paint their clutter and objects.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 30, 15:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder why sims suck at repairing. With tools like that.
Heh. Good point.

I don't really like any of the new clutter except for the books. Same with the FT clutter. It's all very shoddy work.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 30, 16:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing it's been done to reduce poly count and prevent the game from running like a camel in molasses.
Clutter objects need to be low poly since there tends to be lots of them on a lot.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 30, 16:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing it's been done to reduce poly count and prevent the game from running like a camel in molasses.
Clutter objects need to be low poly since there tends to be lots of them on a lot.

Enough with the sense-making!

Plus, I bet they don't expect people to zoom all the way in to examine something that would normally only be 5 pixels long.

I mean, I hate a lot of the shit EA pulls as much as the next guy, but let's have some reasonable expectations.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 30, 18:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when is it legal to mention 'reasonable expectations' and EA in the same sentence?

Expect nothing! Never be disappointed again.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 30, 20:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are sims left handed? I just noticed that vernier caliper is left handed.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 30, 20:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they probably did it to reserve space, but 2D alpha's are way too extreme.  You can make a low poly wrench or screwdriver (what do sims use when repairing objects again?  Don't these things already exist in game?) Roll Eyes  with only a few faces per side.  What gets me is how many faces someone will give a flat object.  Something is flat regardless of whether it has 4 or 4000 faces - if they just cut back in areas like this, they could lower the overall poly count without losing detail.  And another thing, never underestimate how far a decent texture will go.  Those super cars that range 30000 - 90000 in face count?  Much uneeded.  And I have found plenty of high poly foods as well, with every detail and crevice sculpted out.  Who pays that much attention to what's on the damn plate!!??

Of course this rant is mainly against custom cc, but the fact that Eaxis couldn't manage low poly tools is pretty lame in itself. Undecided
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 30, 21:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Between this, and the borked shadows, I wonder if their object makers are always getting drunk? In fact, I bet everyone there is always drunk! Have you seen some of the family trees for the new families in Apartment Life? I saw one where someone appeared three times in the family tree! Cheat happy much? Also, what about the glitches! They must be ripping out code everywhere!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 30, 21:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Between this, and the borked shadows, I wonder if their object makers are always getting drunk? In fact, I bet everyone there is always drunk! Have you seen some of the family trees for the new families in Apartment Life? I saw one where someone appeared three times in the family tree! Cheat happy much? Also, what about the glitches! They must be ripping out code everywhere!

Oh dear, the family trees... *falls on floor laughing*

I swear I saw one that was a GRID. A bloody GRID. I don't even want to fathom how that happened.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 30, 23:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw one where someone appeared three times in the family tree!

Yeah, I fixed that one with good ol' Simpe.  I-forget-what-her-name-was somehow got linked as the child of her child and the parent of her parent.  I wonder if they don't staff the testing crew well enough to evaluate every aspect of the game.  A simple family tree check could have found this problem, look how easily it was found by us.  They just didn't look. Undecided
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 01, 01:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw one where someone appeared three times in the family tree!

Yeah, I fixed that one with good ol' Simpe.  I-forget-what-her-name-was somehow got linked as the child of her child and the parent of her parent.  I wonder if they don't staff the testing crew well enough to evaluate every aspect of the game.  A simple family tree check could have found this problem, look how easily it was found by us.  They just didn't look. Undecided

I have this genuine hope that all the good programmers have gone on to number 3, and we're just left with this. I really don't want to have to deal with any of 2's borkiness plus more in the Sims 3. Maybe I'm being idealistic - frack knows that it's all we can hope for.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 01, 01:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suddenly have this mental image of "I'm My Own Grandpa".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 01, 02:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lulz... nice. Roll Eyes

Sadly, this fine piece this content is better than 99.99999999879994299939% of the stuff on TSR. I should know... I calculated.

No, not really. Tongue

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 01, 03:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they blew their poly-wad on the drill and had to slapdash the rest together. That, or they had the rest mapped out but didn't finish it. Either way, lameness.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 01, 15:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are sims left handed?

All of mine are.

All your base are belong to us.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 01, 16:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What have gearheads got to do with tools?  I thought gearhead meant junkie?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 01, 17:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gearhead = grease monkey = mechanic

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 01, 18:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are sims left handed?

All of mine are.

Sim computers have their mouses on the right side, though.  Maybe they're ambi?

Now asbestos-free.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 01, 19:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim computers have their mouses on the right side, though.  Maybe they're ambi?

Ambidexterity is a common trait in schizophrenics.  It would explain a few things...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 01, 21:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit, you mean I really have to be worried about those voices in my head? I always figured they were okay as long as they didn't have different names.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 02, 06:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit, you mean I really have to be worried about those voices in my head? I always figured they were okay as long as they didn't have different names.
I wouldn't worry about them, as long as they're giving you appropriately lulzy instructions. It's only time to stress when they start bossing you around with questionable orders like "Stab that guy" or "Vote Republican".

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: