More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:17:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Spore Vehicles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spore Vehicles  (Read 26122 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Spore Vehicles
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 23, 13:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't actually know where the door ship came from, just something random. The four right after it were created specifically for races, the rest just came from me mucking about in the creator. Sometimes I think that the creator is more entertaining than the game!

I've had a bit of a play with the 'bug, and I kind of like the colour I've given it - though it looks much better on planet than in space - but the back legs were too far forward.

Mark 2:

Still some issues, but I might stick with this one for a while. (It actually fit one race, who'd gotten a really stupid-looking slapped together ship that I never even bothered to upload. So, yay.)

EDIT: If that's too bright in space, here's a slightly different version:
« Last Edit: 2008 September 23, 14:16:27 by Faizah » Logged

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 29, 01:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have at 'em:  sporeCivPacks.zip

Just a pack of  vehicles, buildings, and spacecraft I've been using in my games as of late. It's sliced up into three subfolders, the Brutal Battallion, which is a set I used for Millitary Civilizations, the Erbzen Spice Corporation (Economic), and the Brotherhood of the Rising Tide (Religious)

Some of the vehicles are tagged as "sprinters", who are 100%-Speed vehicles intended to grab  Spice Geysers quickly, or shift assets  across the map at a prodigious rate Once at their destination, they can be shifted into the "siegebricks" , which are mostly built at 50% Attack Power, 50% Health. The siegebricks typically also have small blocks of body in them that are color coded, and can be  yanked out for a quick redesign; for instance the Brutal Battallion Siegebricks  have long red rectangular blocks that stick out the sides for this purpose.

There aren't any Economic Siegebricks; I went for 50% Economic Power, 50% Speed with those.

I'd have to say that the most entertaining thing I've watched in the Space Stage was a Civ-Stage Planet using the Thunderhead Blimps as the main vehicles in their Worldwar.  There was just something stately and menacing in their attacks that this video can't properly convey.

Yes, sometimes they gyrate wildly. Unsure why. And no, I didn't make the buildings. Official Spore grabbed them autonomously.

As for why a Killsat appears in the video, the planet used to be one of my colonies until I bombed my cities, and plonked a monolith down to eventually create a ten-city planet I could subsequently conquer. Though my colonies died, the Killsat, the Spice Storage, and Bio-Protectors remained until I took the planet back.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 29, 05:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those look pretty decent.  If I were still playing, I'd definitely install them.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: