More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2010-06-29
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2010-06-29  (Read 143922 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL)
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 21, 17:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the long pause. Here are three more shiftables:

Alarms: burglar/fire
Speakers: All the wallspeakers. ( I don't think there's a problem with having these inits as one package even if one doesn't have the corresponding  EP's. If I'm wrong just tell me and I'll split them up.)
Wall vents: They were floor objects, besides the shifting I changed them to go on walls.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 11, 06:46:06 by Goggalor » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-21
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 21, 17:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mirrors I would have a real interest in being movable would be the ones that clip into counters. Some of my favorite mirrors can't be placed over counters. Shame really.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 21, 18:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mirrors I would have a real interest in being movable would be the ones that clip into counters. Some of my favorite mirrors can't be placed over counters. Shame really.

I'm in the process of changing the properly functioning ones, it'll be done later today. Except if there's new ones in Mansion & Garden of course.

Think you'll be doing the other wall mounted TV? I noticed that can't move either.

Ah,  the swingarm one, forgot about that. Here it is.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 11, 06:46:24 by Goggalor » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 21, 21:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, here's the mirror hack.

I decided to enable shifting for all wallmirrors through a semi-global, and then disable it for the ones that didn't work as they should.

This means that most CC mirrors will be shiftable as well. However this also means that if there are custom mirrors cloned from the problematic ones they might jump and snap into a locked position when you try to shift them. In that case just rebuy it.

List of the non-working ones (including the three full-wall mirrors):

Deceptico Plano Glass  -UNI
Modart Noudeco 1&3 tile  -NL
Bigger is Better  -NL
Functional Eloquence  -OFB
The Eleafquent Mirror  -AL
Charming Reflections -Glamour Life
Fancy Sycophancy -Glamour Life
KRABB Mirror (the small one) -IKEA

The taller mirrors from IKEA stuff pack only move slightly up and down.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 11, 06:46:48 by Goggalor » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-21 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 21, 22:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers!  Cheesy

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-21 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 22, 20:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are all awesome, Goggalor. I love the feature and it boggles my mind they didn't enable it for anything that goes on a wall in the first place.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 25, 18:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for the wall vents Goggalor. They should be much easier to place now.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 25, 20:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's a tiny and silly thing, but the toddler drawings from the FT play table are also unshiftable.  They'd be so cute to plaster walls with.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-21 Now with mirro
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 26, 01:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I'll third that request.  I have a babby-crazy family sim who needs new wallpaper.   Cheesy

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 26, 13:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, of course, the drawing. I wonder how many more things I've forgotten about  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 December 11, 06:47:07 by Goggalor » Logged
ShadySentinel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-26 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #35 on: 2008 December 02, 20:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When positioning wall lights lower on a wall, do they light up properly with this mod? It irks me that I can't have lights that stair-step up with staircases since the ones that are lower are basically just dark blobs. Tongue
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-11-26 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #36 on: 2008 December 03, 03:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When positioning wall lights lower on a wall, do they light up properly with this mod? It irks me that I can't have lights that stair-step up with staircases since the ones that are lower are basically just dark blobs. Tongue
´
No, sorry, this doesn't do anything to the lights. Some of the items here have that problem of going dark when moved as well. I wouldn't know how to fix it either or if it's even possible.
rhondacathey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 December 09, 18:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is fantastic!! I'm having a problem downloading the files though...maybe someone can help me...When I click to download the file.. I click open..then I get a message wanting to know which program I want to use to open the file..I have winrar and also the Sims2 Clean Pack Installer..when I try with winrar I get a message that the files are damaged and it cannot open. When I try with the clean pack installer, there are no files to install...is there something I'm doing wrong?  Undecided  I really would love to have these mods in my game!

Thank you So Much!!
                                                                                                               Big Hugs,
                                                                                                            Rhonda Cathey
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 December 09, 18:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to open the files at all, just save them and copy to your downlods folder.
CountessCrazy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 December 10, 00:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, they are package files, not zip or rar  Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 December 10, 05:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you So Much!!
                                                                                                               Big Hugs,
                                                                                                            Rhonda Cathey

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda. This is a forum, not a letter writing class. We know who you are, we can see your username. We do not like thanks, we do not like hugs. Please take this as a pleasant warning.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 December 11, 01:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so that's 12 files so far.  Is there any more to come? Smiley

A zip in the first post would be good.
And some of these files have 600+ downloads!
Looks like a "Taster's Choice" to me.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 December 11, 06:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so that's 12 files so far.  Is there any more to come? Smiley

A zip in the first post would be good.
And some of these files have 600+ downloads!
Looks like a "Taster's Choice" to me.

There were a couple of items I had issues with but I have pretty much given up on those for now, so hopefully not any more. Or were you thinking of anything I have overlooked?

Yeah, collecting them in an archive is probably a good idea now. Will do.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-12-11 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #43 on: 2008 December 11, 08:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I didn't have any in mind.  Very thorough.

* tuna nabs the archive from the first post

ettenan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-12-11 Now with mirrors.
« Reply #44 on: 2009 January 04, 15:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a chance windows could be made shiftable? Some of them clip into the roofs at the top, or are just too low...just asking... Smiley
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 January 05, 02:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way they make holes in the wall, would make me believe it would glitch up when tried.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
Re: Shiftable signs, paintings and photos (AL) UPDATED 2008-12-11 Now with mirro
« Reply #46 on: 2009 January 05, 02:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way they make holes in the wall, would make me believe it would glitch up when tried.

Aren't holes made by wallmasks? No reason why the wallmask can't just shift along with the window mesh. Unless the two are more separate than I'm thinking. It's been a long time since I've tinkered with creating anything, and I never tried windows.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 January 06, 12:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it, but I doubt the wallmask can move since it's applied to the whole area of the wall. I'll make an attempt anyway as it's not hard and it would be very useful.

EDIT: Like I thought, the wallmask stays in place.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 06, 17:45:29 by Goggalor » Logged
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 January 07, 01:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these updates.

The souveneir shelf ("Shelf of Glory"?) doesn't shift either. I always think it's too low, and hoped this would be fixed with AL. It isn't, in case you'd like to add it to your list.
ettenan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 January 07, 03:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for trying the windows.  I appreciate it! Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: