More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 335113 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #200 on: 2008 October 03, 19:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyway of fixing that stupid thing that happens to all not flattened Apt lots when a Sim moves in? The lot sinks a few levels into the ground and if the lot is on low level land there is floating water above the lot. The same thing happens with beach lots re-zoned to apts. I've read on MTS2 that there is a way to fix each lot individually with SimPE, but i'm a moron when it comes to SimPE.

It's a simple problem to fix with SimPE, but I don't know enough about writing mods (.package) to create one myself.  Here's what needs to happen to fix it:  When a family moves into an apartment building, the cloned lot is created with the wrong Z (elevation) value in the lot description in the neighborhood package.  So, during or after the cloning process, the mod would have to find the correct Z value from the apartment base and replace the incorrect value in the apartment sublot.  I just don't know whether it's possible to fix this in-game.

Alternatively, I could write a C# .NET program to fix all apartment sublots in a neighborhood.  You'd have to save and exit the game after moving the family in, then run the program to fix the lot, then run the game to continue the move-in process.  Not a perfect solution, but it might be easier than SimPE?

I suppose that there's one more option: to write an unofficial patch to the game.  I notice that someone (Dizzy?) has already done this for another bug...

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2008 October 04, 19:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, it did turn out to be a CEP issue.  I found and installed the updated version, and now my colors are back.

Pardon my blondeness.

I'm all for giving credit (and blame) where due.  It isn't a CEP issue.  It was a CEP (thanks prior to FatD) fix of an EAxis issue.

My experience seems to contradict this.  I've never had any form of CEP, and all the colors of the Ergo windows were still available after installing AL.  The already-bought windows did revert to red, but I was able to change them back to black with the design tool.
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 October 05, 14:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[This isn't a patch "clash", this is just the normal behavior of the game when resetting offlot. Sergeant Box has a "Fix Afterpatch" which will prevent missed work/school.
[/quote]

where can i find this fix/patch?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 October 05, 14:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sergeant Box, AKA Macrotastics.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 October 06, 14:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when they dance Sumggle, on the icon (top-left of the screen) appear a yellow box as explanation of what they are doing is it correct or it's my game that is screwed up ?  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 October 06, 19:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it has anything to do with anything I did, but the icon of the smustle is irrelevant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 October 07, 07:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes but a yellow box have nothing to do with a kind of dance..IMO
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 October 11, 07:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be the 'Smustle Controller' most likely, it's a yellow box icon. 

- ElenaRoan
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 October 11, 08:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

looks like the maxian become really lazy, they recycle the icon :p
maybe they are thinking alot on ts3  Lips sealed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 October 11, 10:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much that the icon is recycled as it is that the "yellow placeholder box" is the default model used to present objects that normally do not appear in the game, such as offworld "Controllers". Normally, actions are pushed using a different object as the "Icon Object", but sometimes EAxis slips and uses the wrong icon. Usually this is not noticeable, but sometimes you notice some particularly odd icons being chosen for actions. As the icon is purely cosmetic, no one cares enough to rewrite a ton of code to fix it.

Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 October 13, 17:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the fixes it says no longer required to greet gypsy (impossible)

Does that mean that with this fix we can no longer interact with  the gypsy on community lots as now all i get if i click on her is cast spell or dismiss . I cannot ask her for a blind date
« Last Edit: 2008 October 13, 17:19:50 by Celestra » Logged
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 October 13, 20:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was coming to ask about this too.

"8.  No longer required to greet Gypsy(impossible) or employees<->customers."

I see no change with this file in my downloads folder as I still find the gypsy matchmaker ungreetable. The only option non-witches get is 'dismiss'.

On a side note the new detective career has returned to us the glitch where a Sim will receive a pay cheque of $-30,045 upon first promotion. Do EA employ dyslexics to do their coding?
I mean no offence to dyslexics as I am one myself.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 October 17, 00:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. I will attempt to reproduce this issue the next time I find a gypsy.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 October 17, 01:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note the new detective career has returned to us the glitch where a Sim will receive a pay cheque of $-30,045 upon first promotion. Do EA employ dyslexics to do their coding?
I mean no offence to dyslexics as I am one myself.

It seems more likely that they have inadequate procedures.  No one is responsible for making sure that fixes included in the various patches actually make it back into the primary code base.  So, they just keep having to fix the same problems over and over and ...

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 October 18, 06:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems more likely that they have inadequate procedures.  No one is responsible for making sure that fixes included in the various patches actually make it back into the primary code base.  So, they just keep having to fix the same problems over and over and ...
I have no idea why these things even happen. When *I* fix something, I DESTROY the old defective version to prevent its use in the future. It's one of the important teachings of the Cortez School: Burn the boats!

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 October 19, 22:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have hacks or CC in your game?  Does this happen in a plain-vanilla game?  You might want to make a new thread in the podium or in Oops! You broke it.  That way, we can ask questions and try to help without spamming the UALP thread.  You were very polite, though, and that will stand you in good stead.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 October 20, 14:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just come back from playing a business lot and I still have to greet my customers if I want to do anything not in the 'Sale...' option as the first interaction.
The hack conflict detection utility isn't saying I have anything conflicting.

I've also seen the Gypsy three times since my last post and still couldn't interact with her. She was stalking a couple on a date. She was at every lot they went to.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 October 20, 15:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem with the Gypsy too. AL plus EA patch plus AL Fixes.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 November 04, 11:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed latest AL official patch and was forced to back it up back again (I mean the object.package) because I had an issue with that
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=97800

Also I have a bug with Gypsy - she comes in community lots and rings the door then wanders around.

As I do not use official patch can you extract some fixes from that to apply them separately?

1. Social Groups now generate significantly less NPCs  - I have many new new social NPC generated and they are all male.
can you also make a single fix like the official patch has?

tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 November 04, 12:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I have a bug with Gypsy - she comes in community lots and rings the door then wanders around.

Noticed this too.  Downtown at the Crypto Nightclub - or whatever it's called.
I'd seen the gypsy before at some cafe just waiting near an entrance portal... maybe she rang the bell that time too.
Just have the option to 'dismiss'.
I've not noticed the gypsy at any residential lots so far.

That's with ALp2 and alfixes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 November 04, 13:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to reproduce any unusual gypsy behavior, but alfixes doesn't modify the gypsy behavior itself, so whatever it is, I had nothing to do with it. If I see the behavior, I'll do something about it. As for the "all social group townies are male/female" thing, I know why that happens, too. Fat Gwilly People currently are playing with a fix for that.

Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 November 04, 18:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At last I decided to install latest official patch to test it one more time.
the bug with blackened tenant's object (http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=97800) is not in every block fortunately.
So I guess The patch is OK for now. Smiley

I have another strange BHAV with visitors on community lots. Some of them arrive and just stand like a dummy with nothing doing but their needs are getting low. Some of are OK they are talking, playing etc. Some of them are just standing on one spot. No errors occurs (I always play with the developers cheat)
Do you have something like this too?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 November 04, 22:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Push "Fix Broken Autonomy" on the Batbox. This is a known bug that triggers for some unknown reason.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2008 November 05, 15:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I still install this over the second patch? 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 November 05, 20:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Push "Fix Broken Autonomy" on the Batbox. This is a known bug that triggers for some unknown reason.
Excuse me? Batbox? Huh
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: