More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:02:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes  (Read 334983 times)
Owaiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Unofficial AL Patch - Assorted Fixes
« Reply #50 on: 2008 September 03, 17:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i pmed Hysterical Paroxysm of modthesism2 about this and she said

"597 is not any sort of game-bogging slowness and you end up with something over 400 NPCs in Belladonna Cove - even without ever having loaded a lot, if you have all EPs. This has been discussed in previous threads - the game can easily handle over a thousand character files with no issue. The problem is with changes to the engine itself."
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 September 03, 17:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

~600 is definitely by no means a "bad" case, though it is a pretty big amount.  My instructions are more to diagnose and catch the issue if it (and most likely is) happening, before it gets out of hand.  As far as I can tell, amount will always increase, well into the thousands.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 September 03, 18:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasantview is my most populated 'hood, with all avaliable subhoods (bar LFT and ALT universities) and is currently at somewhere in the region of 700 sims (Have not touched since installing AL, which adds about another 126 I think. No CAS sims either, and very few babies have been born so far). 800 and something sims is a reasonable amount and won't cause any significant slowdown. My barely populated neighborhoods run very similarly to my most populated, bar a small difference in loading times and a reduction in lag if you have only one of each NPC.

But anyway, the game will add 800 or so sims by default (with all eps), which, although undesirable, is normal and not really a VBT. The thing that will cause problems is redundant, sim character file clutter, which can corrupt your hood. And of course, the lag caused by the game continuously generating new sims. Simply having 500 sims in the folder won't cause any major harm though.

I do get the feeling that a lot of people who are just counting the character files for the first time are seeing large numbers and freaking out. And why bother checking? Just download the damn fix! Preempt it instead of actually letting the game generate more clutter.
cynconzola
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 September 03, 18:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about 2000 plus? Are we talking problems here yet?

Where do I find the fix? I had the one for bv, but since then have a new hard drive and have lost all my fixes. Sorry, don't remember where I got it. Will the one from bv work on this one?

cyn
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 September 03, 19:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In all honesty, the amount depends on how powerful your computer is and how many you feel alright with having.  I had almost 1300 before I plugged the issue.  I thought about actually letting it get to 1500 before putting in the hack just to inflate my neighborhood some for the hell of it.  Hell, my only scare about it was the amount of hard drive space it was going to gradually eat since I am a tad limited at the moment.  The one thing though is if you have a thriving neighborhood most of the townies end up being redundant as you have enough playable sims to make community lots feel really populated and varied.  At which point constant new townies would be flat-out annoying.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 September 03, 19:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about 2000 plus? Are we talking problems here yet?

Where do I find the fix? I had the one for bv, but since then have a new hard drive and have lost all my fixes. Sorry, don't remember where I got it. Will the one from bv work on this one?

cyn
I believe the current fix is notownieregen.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 04, 16:23:10 by Alex » Logged
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 September 03, 22:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I would like to thank you for all the work you have put into making our games more playable Smiley
Secondly I would like to say....my mobiles are still being eaten Sad
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 September 04, 00:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far assim populations go, my most poulated town is Pleasantveiw, which I have added all of the pre-AL core neighborhoods to using a tutorial I found somewhere around here.  Before installing AL, it had about 1300 sims, including townies and CAS sims.  I'm just worried that AL will balloon it into something ridiculous, like 10,000 with the frequent spawing of useless "social group" townies.  During play, I have yet to actually see more than maybe 12 or so of these new ones.

May the Force be with you.
mickeycollins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 September 04, 01:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im not sure but this patch is sposed to fix the mailbox problem right because i am still having the problem where when i go get the date note the mailbox changes and i cant get the note. but the phone dont disapear anymore anyways i have all EP and SP i have the moneyorder hack the college clock hack the New Lifetime Wants EP8 hack the pet collar at home hack and this one and that is all.

thank you for your help
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 September 04, 06:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im not sure but this patch is sposed to fix the mailbox problem right because i am still having the problem where when i go get the date note the mailbox changes and i cant get the note. but the phone dont disapear anymore anyways i have all EP and SP i have the moneyorder hack the college clock hack the New Lifetime Wants EP8 hack the pet collar at home hack and this one and that is all.

thank you for your help

Um...huh?

I realize I hog a lot of periods for my ellipses, but I honestly didn't really understand this post.  Which hacks do you have?  I got lost after "i have all EP and SP".

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 04, 08:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im not sure but this patch is sposed to fix the mailbox problem right because i am still having the problem where when i go get the date note the mailbox changes and i cant get the note.
thank you for your help

Yes, it does fix the issue with the date note and mailbox. 
Taken from the first post...
2. Receiving NL-mail at an apartment now works, no longer renders mailbox
   unusable and dooming your sim to eventual eviction.
mickeycollins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 04, 11:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im not sure but this patch is sposed to fix the mailbox problem right because i am still having the problem where when i go get the date note the mailbox changes and i cant get the note.
thank you for your help

Yes, it does fix the issue with the date note and mailbox. 
Taken from the first post...
2. Receiving NL-mail at an apartment now works, no longer renders mailbox
   unusable and dooming your sim to eventual eviction.

so do you think one of these hacks that i have in my downloads is messing with it

moneyorder 
college clock 
New Lifetime Wants EP8
pet collar at home
mickeycollins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 04, 11:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you for your help

Um...huh?

I realize I hog a lot of periods for my ellipses, but I honestly didn't really understand this post.  Which hacks do you have?  I got lost after "i have all EP and SP".

Like i said i have all EP and SP and i have these hacks in my download folder also the moneyorder hack, the college clock hack, the New Lifetime Wants EP8 hack, and the pet collar at home
i just wanted to know why this hack was not working and wanted to know if it was one of these hacks i had messing it up.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 04, 12:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the 'new lifetime wants EP8' hack, and where did you get it?  I'd suspect that one messing things up, frankly, as Pescado's hacks pretty much always play nice together.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mickeycollins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 04, 12:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the 'new lifetime wants EP8' hack, and where did you get it?  I'd suspect that one messing things up, frankly, as Pescado's hacks pretty much always play nice together.

I got the 'new lifetime wants EP8' hack over at InSIMenator. It is by Squinge. I'll take it out and try it. Thank for your help.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 04, 12:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's Squinge's hack to enable the Uni careers as LTWs, you'll find a better version here in the AL hacks directory -- Pesc's uni_ltws_sns hack.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mickeycollins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 04, 13:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's Squinge's hack to enable the Uni careers as LTWs, you'll find a better version here in the AL hacks directory -- Pesc's uni_ltws_sns hack.

Ok Thanks. If Squinge's hack is causing the ploblem then I'll use Pesc's hack.

Thanks so much

Edit: Nope that was not the problem. Still having the mailbox problem. Ok well no biggie I just wont date while my sims are living in an apartment.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 04, 13:28:28 by mickeycollins » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 04, 14:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using any hacks pertaining to phonecalling?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 04, 14:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you download any houses from the Exchange? You may have had a hack sneak in with the package.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 04, 15:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A good thing to do, before pointing the finger and saying something doesn't work, is to remove all CC except for the hack in question. Then see if it's not working as advertised.

Also, for anyone who is saying they have absolutely no CC and the hack doesn't work, make sure you have CC enabled in-game. The game disables them by default, as it is an intrusive little bugger.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 05, 16:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having problems receiving NL mail at apartment mailboxes.  I pulled everything except the alfixes hack and had my sim go on a date to generate a new love letter delivery.  Same error as before, and I reset her.  I'm still able to get and pay bills so it's not entirely game-breaking but it's annoying as hell and I'd like to be able to send my sims on dates if they live in apartments  Undecided

As I said, NO cc at all except this fix and I made sure that cc was enabled.  Error log is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 05, 23:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using any hacks pertaining to phonecalling?

Not sure if you were asking me lol but I'll answer anyway
autoyak
phonehack
phonehack talkmodule

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 06, 01:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 06, 02:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I thought the disappearing cooking skills was caused by my use of the hacked computer. I always use it to max the cooking skill of newly-made sims, so I just figured it's lack of updatedness was the cause. Thanks for the fix. Again.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 06, 12:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I tried it again...still no go. So I took all of my hacks out and tried with just the patch but it's still being eatten Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: