More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:41:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic  (Read 171574 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Obligatory Hate/Love Topic
« Reply #25 on: 2008 August 27, 19:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the house too much (other than the fact it has no fucking front doors)! It's kinda unique. What really sucks is how bloody difficult it is to get to it...

At least they didn't put a premade family in there.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 August 27, 20:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody else finding that you can't use the walk in closets they put in every single bedroom on apartment lots? Only options you get are to change into work clothes or to woohoo if there's an appropriate partner available. I had my Sim buy a bunch of new clothes and when I got her back home she had to buy a dresser to be able to change into any of her new outfits. Not like there's a lot of extra room in those bedrooms for dressers, and besides what's the point of having walk in closets if you can't use them?

Hope I'm just overlooking something simple. It seems somebody would have mentioned it by now.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 27, 20:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how the sun shines when good witch is getting rid of the rain Smiley

And I hate how the wheels in the trailer park don't touch the ground, because they just can't be lowered any more.

EDIT: Sim, who lives in the trailer park, just served mac and cheese to the whole neighborhood, both outside and inside. She lives alone + roommate. Now this I really hate.  Oh, and apperently sims can freely sleep in a strangers house. He won't mind at all.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 27, 20:26:41 by blackcat » Logged
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 August 27, 20:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love:

The packaging.

Hate:

The error message... 

Error transferring TSData\Res\User Data\Neighborhoods\E001\Lots\E001_Lot141.package

Do you want to Retry, even though that'll NEVER work...or be pissed off for hours trying to manually install?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 August 27, 20:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Maxed out good witch (infallibly good witch) = pretty. The new skintone is subtle with the little sparklies and the sparkling effect is KEWL.
And laggy. I moved both witches in and my game is hell. I'm officially wanting a nowitchsparkling hack D:
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 27, 20:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No question about it, it's Baba Yaga's house of the chicken feet.  Funny how that's filtered into American culture so thoroughly that it's immediatley recognizable.  Fits with the theme, but wow, it's a fairly small and trivial lot.

- Gus
Ah! That hadn't even occurred to me. I'm not terribly familiar with Russian fairy tales, but I did read Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. I had pictured the hut as more of an ungainly oblong. Plus, did they miss that the Baba Yaga tale includes furryism?

EDIT: Sim, who lives in the trailer park, just served mac and cheese to the whole neighborhood, both outside and inside. She lives alone + roommate. Now this I really hate.  Oh, and apperently sims can freely sleep in a strangers house. He won't mind at all.
Need a paws-off hack. Or something of the sort. I can't think of a good name, except maybe, "nokittythatsmypotpie" by that's kind of long.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 27, 20:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Biggest disappointment thus far: The "I Can Has Cheezburger" spell was renamed something dull in the final release.
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 27, 21:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"backoffgetyourownsandwich"

Also too long. Cartman reference is much funnier.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 27, 21:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nosoup4u

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 27, 21:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoyed; at the toy dog which is really only a hamster.

Annoyed that someone can steal the apartment garden gnome, but my sim can't place it back down there after retrieving (I am sure there must be a cheat for that).

Also the vending machine seems to place my sims under a spell and they just stare and stare at it without purchasing anything. c'mon it's not a TV set despite the pretty lights.

Love; most of the clothing, especially for the ladies, the witches are awesome too, most of the included furniture is nice, and the waste disposal system is cool too.

<------- time to crawl back to my sick bed now

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 27, 21:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two questions:

How do the spiral stairs compare with Marvine's? (By which I mean - right and left? Matching railings?)

How are the apartments set up? I was wondering if some of the houses that make good dorms might also make good apartments. Conversely, I've got some good "apartments" that make lousy dorms (darn that elevator bug!), but I've been hanging on to them in case they'd actually make good apartments for AL.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 27, 22:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the "very cool hidden lot". It might make an interesting House of Fail one day:
image snipped

Oh, I get it - it's meant to be a hut on chicken legs.  I wondered what that was about when I read someone's description.  Well, that kinda makes sense.  Kinda.  Still, it looks crap.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 27, 22:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No question about it, it's Baba Yaga's house of the chicken feet.  Funny how that's filtered into American culture so thoroughly that it's immediatley recognizable. 

Somebody at EAxis is a Hellboy fan -- that kinda looks like how Baba Yaga's hut appears in the Hellboy comics.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 27, 23:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love

- The new outfits (although slightly disappointed they copied the 'nerdy' outfit from FT, but not the bohemian one for adults, just for teens and elders (don't have FT))
- Build mode stuffs, especially the new fences. Was squealing with glee when I spotted those.

Hate

- Lag
- Me having to uninstall AL already because of it. Loading an unoccupied, empty lot took ages, and after 5 mins or so I'd get a pop-up from windows informing it had run out of virtual memory. Pc just can't take the strain. I'll give AL another try after I buy a new machine. Those fences are worth it.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 28, 00:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sooo... what is the verdict on securom? (since it seems those more awesome than me are installing the game straight out the box  Undecided)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 28, 00:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sooo... what is the verdict on securom? (Since it seems like those more awesome than me are installing the game straight out the box  Undecided)

What gave you that idea?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 28, 00:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sooo... what is the verdict on securom? (Since it seems like those more awesome than me are installing the game straight out the box  Undecided)

What gave you that idea?

hmm, just assumed since the game came out yesterday/today(?)...off to check Arr'd threads...
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 28, 00:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sooo... what is the verdict on securom? (since it seems those more awesome than me are installing the game straight out the box  Undecided)

Uh duh it's called a no-cd crack.

REALLY Tasha!1!!! THANKS.!!!1111!!!!!    Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 28, 00:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! That hadn't even occurred to me. I'm not terribly familiar with Russian fairy tales, but I did read Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. I had pictured the hut as more of an ungainly oblong. Plus, did they miss that the Baba Yaga tale includes furryism?
In Soviet Russia, fairy tales are familiar with YOU!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 28, 00:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh duh it's called a no-cd crack.

WTF?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 28, 00:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was trying to be funny or something. You aren't the only one confused.

In Soviet Russia, fairy tales are familiar with YOU!
I'm uncomfortable with that particular fairy tale being familiar with me. *glances furtively about for grizzly bears*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 28, 01:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF?

I think that was e-sarcasm.

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 28, 01:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the hell do you get a witch to teach witchcraft?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 28, 03:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the Le Bateau family, the daughter has been skillinating body in the communal gym.  They also have a butler who leaves food on the table before he goes for the day.

Now the neighbours are complaining about the smell.  All night they've been coming up, banging on the door, waking the daughter up to complain about stink.  All 3 neighbours have come several times to complain, waking her up each time.  At 5am I told her to macro/caffeinate, and she has been interrupted from that twice already at 6.30am.  It's a queue stomper too.

Not sure if it's the food left out by the butler or the stink from the daughter.  But the non-stop complaining is extremely annoying.  Will fire the butler and keep the daughter working on body, to see whether it's the food or the daughter they're complaining about.

EDIT to add: I fired the butler, he left with "it's an honour to serve you", and he's back in the kitchen making more food.  And there's no option to "dismiss" or "end services" on him. 

Second EDIT: Ah, it appears to be because I inventoried the breakfast he'd made before he'd left the lot completely.  That constant drive to serve food (whether anyone is home or not) is going to stop me from hiring any more butlers.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 03:21:28 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 28, 03:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only managed to play for a very little bit to check things out, but thus far I can say...

Annoyed by:

Ceilings (yay?). If they disappeared with the walls with the wall down options I could deal with them.. but a floating floor with no walls attached? Might be just me...

"Shadow people" in non playable apartments. Furniture, etc, disappears but you can still the occupants standing idle inside the dark apartment.

Closets:
I know there are clothes inside. I don't need to see them AND the closet door blocking all my click paths.

Very like:

Most of the new build/buy mode objects.

...little list so far. I just installed!
« Last Edit: 2008 August 28, 03:26:33 by myskaal » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: