More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:08:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467811 times)
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #550 on: 2008 September 07, 23:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really a bug per-se, but I have built an apartment in one of my universities, and it appears that regular ol' adult townies can live within the apartments going unaffected. I know this, because when she came out, she was playing basketball in the backyard and the voice did not sound like the YA/teen voices at all. I was really hoping for the neighbors to be YA's, but I suppose the neighbors are pre-determined once you've finished building your apartment.

Anywho, I shall make her selectable the next time I load up my game, and see if she either has a "job" or a major.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 05:31:26 by fway » Logged

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2008 September 08, 10:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment neighbor passed out in front of the common use staircase.  Now my sims can't leave their apt, and their daughter cannot come home.  I had the daughter knock on the neighbor's door to use his toilet, shower, and kitchen.

Yeah, I know that I can use moveobjects to  delete the neighbor, but they shouldn't be passing out and blocking stairs.  Can a mod be made to prevent that.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2008 September 08, 11:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not think that neighbours' motives are supposed to drop if no interaction is happening with a controllable sim.

If there is a stereo outside you could try turning it on, that always wakes sims up. Otherwise use cheats to place a stereo if you can.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2008 September 08, 13:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use some mod (or just the testing cheats) that allows you to take control of non-playables, and tell the sim to wake up.

@FourCats: do you have 'nouniprotect' in your game?  I'm curious if that's affecting tenants as well...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2008 September 08, 15:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really a bug per-se, but I've built an apartment in one of my universities,

I thought this wasn't possible.  Or at the least, it wasn't recommended.  Huh

@FourCats: do you have 'nouniprotect' in your game?  I'm curious if that's affecting tenants as well...

I'm curious about this as well.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2008 September 08, 16:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the resurrection always result in a zombie? If so, it might be an 'evil' spell, thus unavailable to good witches. Also, if there is a good version of the spell (there should be, but this is EAxis...), check that the good witch has a high enough magic skill, and high enough alignment. ('Check abilities' on the spell book, skill and alignment are shown above the abilities list.)

The resurrection of the EVIL witch does always result in a Zombie.  It's supposed to as per EAXIS spec. 
There is supposed to be a matching spell for the GOOD witch which is supposed to result in a perfectly normal Sim being resurrected. 
It says in the spell book that the witch has it (I've trained them up and beyond actually - they get it at level 8 or 9 and I've trained them all the way to level 10).  supposed to take two each of three ingredients, I believe it was magic dust, moonbeams, dragon scales.  Made sure they had two or three of each and every available ingredient (in fact one of the good witches I tried it with has 10 -20 of each - they have a magic store and they manufacture a load of the stuff...) No matter whether I try it in my regular installation or the second one (yes I have two sims folders with all the neighborhoods, etc. that I rename for test purposes right now so I can test with and totally without hacks).  Neither one has the spell for the good witch.  doesn't show up with or without downloads in. 
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2008 September 08, 16:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that only evil witches can do the zombie spell.  It wouldn't be available for good witches.

I've had the school bus come on EA built apartment lots.

EHEM.... that's precisely it- I didn't WANT a Zombie.  Otherwise I could have just had the evil witch take care of it since HIS spell certainly worketh fine
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2008 September 08, 18:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use some mod (or just the testing cheats) that allows you to take control of non-playables, and tell the sim to wake up.

No, what does that one do?   I downloaded the DC, and picked through it and put in the ones that I knew what they did, deleted the ones that didn't interest me, and held onto the ones that I wasn't sure about.

I ended up deleting the sleeping sim in front of the stairs, yet my sims still can't use the spiral stairs.  They stomp with pics of stairs in their thought bubble.  This is the DeBateau maxis family in a fancy apt building.

Are there any reports of the spiral stairs being borked? or did I break the game by deleting the sim?  She lives in a neighboring apt.

Edit:
Woops!  I deleted that neighbor before I read this:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12941.0.html
I wonder if I should just move them out, and to a new home?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 01:56:28 by FourCats » Logged

May all your fears & worries come true.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2008 September 08, 18:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for the record, spiral stairs are surprisingly flawless in my game. And my, how I do love them. They make having basements MUCH easier, as you don't need to play around so much with awkward basement stairs placement. Plus they stack!  Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2008 September 08, 19:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouniprotect turns off the 'protection' for dormies, so their motives actually drop if they don't take care of themselves.  After a bit you'd see them sleeping in their food, on the floor, pretty much everywhere, which is why I was curious if you had it and if it was affecting tenants.

The spiral stairs in the game work great!  I'm probably going to dump the maxine spirals I have in the game (never was fond of her animation for them) and replace any I used with the EAxis ones.  Just wish sims could run on them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2008 September 08, 20:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the resurrection always result in a zombie? If so, it might be an 'evil' spell, thus unavailable to good witches. Also, if there is a good version of the spell (there should be, but this is EAxis...), check that the good witch has a high enough magic skill, and high enough alignment. ('Check abilities' on the spell book, skill and alignment are shown above the abilities list.)

The resurrection of the EVIL witch does always result in a Zombie.  It's supposed to as per EAXIS spec. 
There is supposed to be a matching spell for the GOOD witch which is supposed to result in a perfectly normal Sim being resurrected. 
It says in the spell book that the witch has it (I've trained them up and beyond actually - they get it at level 8 or 9 and I've trained them all the way to level 10).  supposed to take two each of three ingredients, I believe it was magic dust, moonbeams, dragon scales.  Made sure they had two or three of each and every available ingredient (in fact one of the good witches I tried it with has 10 -20 of each - they have a magic store and they manufacture a load of the stuff...) No matter whether I try it in my regular installation or the second one (yes I have two sims folders with all the neighborhoods, etc. that I rename for test purposes right now so I can test with and totally without hacks).  Neither one has the spell for the good witch.  doesn't show up with or without downloads in. 

There isn't a resurrection spell for the good witch. If you are on the lot when the sim dies, a good witch can "Banish Death." If you get there after they are dead however, there is nothing you can do. It sounds like it works just like pleading, except that you always win and doesn't depend on relationship, just magical skill.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 08, 23:52:37 by mandapotpie » Logged

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2008 September 09, 00:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I have the issue with the save dialog not coming up for about 7 seconds after clicking save. It only happens in apartment lots.
I also have the problem with the gypsy only having the 'dismiss' option on community lots. I wanted a date damnit!
And I had a sim max out her creativity skill and fulfill the max a skill want then I checked an hour later and the last point in her creativity skill had reset. This wasn't an apartment lot, either.
Oh and the picture changing feature is nice but when my sim got electrocuted by the microwave it was a head spinning moment.

Also why do the hobby club members have to come in the middle of the night? I sit here half asleep watching the sims sleeping saying "damn I should be doing that!" and had the camera zoomed in then suddenly this tech dressed mess walks past my screen and I'm like "was that the terminator?!"... no its the games hobby club leader.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 01:17:08 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: 2008 September 09, 01:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From page 7...

Yet ANOTHER bug found.

AL broke vacations. The locals will NOT gesture at all, instead they do the 'greet' which is the handshake which crushes your queue.

Also, tourists don't show up except in rare situations...

So, EAxis broke BV with AL.

Just wanted to confirm that this is happening in my game, too.  Hotels are sad and lonely without the tourists.

Also, the maid just stood next to the checkout desk the whole time instead of doing his job.  Oh, and he also didn't have a face.  Fun stuff.

Edit:  Now I'm totally confused.

Test 2:  Tourists showed up at hotel right away, just like they normally should.

Test 3:  No tourists at the hotel, even after waiting two whole days.  They show up just fine at the community lots, though.

Edit #2:  After returning from the community lot, some tourists finally showed up and checked in.  WTF?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 02:51:31 by BrokenRobot » Logged
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2008 September 09, 08:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't a resurrection spell for the good witch. If you are on the lot when the sim dies, a good witch can "Banish Death." If you get there after they are dead however, there is nothing you can do. It sounds like it works just like pleading, except that you always win and doesn't depend on relationship, just magical skill.

AH!  Ok, I was thinking logically if the spell of the evil witch makes a zombie the good witch gets the resurrection.  The spell descriptions all are more cute than explanatory, so I didn't figure that banish death meant literal banishment. That's right next to worthless then...  I mean how often is a good witch actually present when a sim dies, unless each and every one IS a good witch.    My, I shouldn't think logically where EAXIS is involved...
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2008 September 09, 08:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That friggin' smustle has caused my stairs to get blocked many times.  Down with smustling!  Sad  Some kind of hack that would prevent any activity within a a couple of squares of a stairway would be terrific!

getting back to the tombstone problem:

Very interesting. Here's an idea; try looking at the lot inneighborhood view. Can you see a tombstone near the phone? You may need to visit the lot several times for it to appear. For some weird reason Olivia Riley's tombstone is, by default, at the Belladonna Cove Art Museum. However you need to visit the lot several times before it will actually show up (so it can be interacted/moved). You can see the neighborhood imposter od the tombstone before it appears on the lot though.

The Goodie's tombstones are not visible from hood view; they've simply disappeared -- no doubt causing some kind of mess with character files which will eventually blow Belladonna Cove to smithereens.  Or am I exaggerating?  Tongue  Not that I much care at this point because this is just an explore-n-test-throwaway-hood anyway.  As for Olivia Riley's, it did appear when I had John Riley visit the Art Museum for the first time, so it's now in his inventory.  But this was after I'd first loaded the lot directly from the hood, noted said stone, and moved it to the side of the museum, just to get it out of the way.

I wonder what the game is using to find destinations for the tombstones?  This is really bugging me, especially since they're not even staying in the same hood they get generated from but are ending up all over the place.  I can't see how this would allow a hood to even be playable down the road unless it's fixed.   Sad
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2008 September 09, 11:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim that dies should just become an urn inside their current apartment.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2008 September 09, 12:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed!

It took ages to find out that my now death sims grave was on the... 'secret society' lot from the university...  Angry
The sim that died had only 1 family member and that was his son. His son was in college when he died, but wasn't even close to getting allowed into the 'secret society'...

Is it possible that the game tries to put the tombstones at the lot were some family lives, but fails big time at finding where they actually live?

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2008 September 09, 15:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. I don't generally use the hobby lots, but my family in my OFB 'hood, Onoway, was going to take the girls to the hobby lot as a field trip for instruction from the guru (they are home schooled) and to see if I could find a boy for the eldest. The family is two adults, a teen, and a child. All are high on nature enthusiasm (at least 6 out of 10). The adults had their membership cards, but the teen had just transitioned the night before and hers hadn't triggered. The child did not have her card. I directed one of the parents to walk to a community lot and chose the hobby lot. Everyone starts off. When they get to the portal, the youngest daughter goes invisible/visible, and starts walking back and forth. I couldn't retrieve the missing adults with the debugger. They wouldn't come back. I couldn't save. The hobby lot wouldn't load.

I then tried having one parent bring just the teen with him. The same thing happened to the teen, but eventually the hobby lot did load. The teen was there as a visitor, not as a companion.

Have we never been able to bring non-members to hobby lots? I thought I remembered doing it in the past.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2008 September 09, 15:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been nice if we could at least choose whether we want to move the tombstones and/or at least where to move them to. But EA don't do nice.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2008 September 09, 17:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have we never been able to bring non-members to hobby lots? I thought I remembered doing it in the past.

According to the FT manual, you should be able to bring non-member friends to hobby lots. And I remember my romance sims bringing their non-member lovers there, too. I haven't tried since AL, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2008 September 09, 18:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobby lots are supposed to be like secret BV lots in that the sim with the applicable card or map can take a group of sims along. I hate the hobby lots though so after playing about 3 of them when I got FT Ii have ignored them ever since.

More F than you
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2008 September 09, 19:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate them in general, too. I had redone a bunch in a past 'hood, but the ones I have in play are dumb EAxis ones. I just have no community lots yet, so it's the only way (except for stalking the sidewalk or on harvest days) that my sims can meet anyone. I like glancing at compatible mates with TJ's crystal ball but not summoning them.  It turned out not to matter, as all subsequent times I sent sims there, no townies showed. I just got the remaining members of the household. None of my 12 townies must be high on nature enthusiasm.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2008 September 09, 23:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better yet, the spouse/heir's inventory, the inventory has been in every EP since nightlife. Angry Stupid EAxis, moving the graves to random places.

Oh yes, the hotel borks. Well, I have a different situation. My sims were already checked into another hotel, but I had built a hotel/restaurant for families to visit in Twikkii Island. Now, my family goes to visit the hotel for the first time all these townies show up, however the hotel clerk doesn't even show up, but I click the "check in" option just for kicks, and whaddya know, an invisible clerk. I get the message about needing to check out from my sims' previous hotel, but there's no picture icon next to the text. Also, locals were using the hotel rooms as if they were regular rooms. Funny thing is, it was set to hotel, so I decided to set it to hotel again. Next day, I go back to the hotel to grab a bite to eat, and no townies were there at all. None. The chef/waiter/podium person/hotel clerk all show up though. I had a nice stage with open mic too.  Undecided

While I am here, I have been randomly stuck at the loading screen when I want my sims to go to community lots. I make it all the way to the last bar, the bars clear like normal, and poof, just the hour glass spinning around. Now, Fraps I believe is reporting that my FPS rate (I think that's what it is) goes from 2 to 60 as it's loading and once it's done loading and doing the hour glass thing, it stays at a steady 57.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 09, 23:09:15 by fway » Logged

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2008 September 09, 23:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issues with 'upstairs' in apartments are driving me insane.

At one apartment lot the upstairs is counted as outside of the apartment, I can't change furniture or wallpapers.
In another lot the neighbors upstairs is completely visible even though someone lives there, and the neighbors downstairs is hidden.

They both are downloaded apartment lots, maybe I need to load them in build mode once to get them to work properly?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2008 September 10, 01:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had very little borkage in my AL game.  I am playing Belladonna Cove for the time being.  Slowly adding in approved hacks and limited CC.  However, I have run into a little problem with my game crashing every time I try to place any downloaded lot.  I choose a premade house, try to place it, game crashes.  Have tried with two different residential lots.  Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?  In the meantime I'm going to erase all my downloaded lot, download one new one, and attempt to place that one, on the off chance the install corrupted them all.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: