More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:29:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.  (Read 467785 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life Borkiness, or how i ended the world in 1 hour.
« Reply #250 on: 2008 August 30, 17:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Picture of what beach apartment lots do (effects do not occur until move-in):

Yeah, it's bad. They still look okay from the 'hood.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 August 30, 18:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's something seriously wrong with the witch sparkles. First the sparkles disappeared when the witch came home from work. Now when I loaded the same lot again, the sparkles were suddenly there! Directly after load. Next time she went to work, she was sparkling as she should, but when she came back from work, the sparkles were gone again! I checked the alignment, and the good alignment bar was completely full. I bet when I load the lot again, the sparkles will be there again. Hmmpf.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 August 30, 19:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the phone rings and a Sim attempts to answer on their cell phone, the cell phone immediately disappears from the inventory.  Answering on the landline phone appears to work fine and calling out on both the cell phone and landline yields no issues.  Only answering on the cell phone.

I'm attaching a forced error log of the cell phone just because that's all I have.  I don't know if it'll do any good.
Error is found and fixed. Will be in next hack updates. Do not force unsolicited errors, they never help.

I keep getting these "attribute number out of range" errors on apartment lots with only the AL director's cut as hacks. Anyone know what this is about?
This is some kind of test-tree issue with beds. I have no hacks pertaining to bed relaxation, so once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Upon receiving any NL mail like coupons or whatnot, the apartment mailbox reverts to a standard mailbox thus preventing apartment-based mailbox actions.
Issue is under investigation and will be fixed as soon as I figure out how to receive a piece of NL mail.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 August 30, 19:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dine at a whole bunch of restaurants. I typically get a coupon after three or four meals.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 August 30, 19:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the broken cell phones, and my Sims' weird tendency to go to sleep before I would have told them to (just because it's nighttime), the only other glitch I'm noticing is in the house in the new neighborhood with a helicopter pad on the roof.  I moved the two single men into it, whereupon I noticed that the floor tiles couldn't be edited in the room in the rear right corner (with the mailbox and trash can directly facing you).  All other rooms are fine.  My guess is it's due to the very bumpy lot (I know AwesomeSpec requires a completely flat lot, and preferably a completely flat neighborhood), or else to this new thing with ceiling tiles.  I use walls-down mode, so I don't know whether there are ceiling tiles in the room, but next time I will check.

I am having no errors otherwise, as long as I keep my Sims in houses rather than apartments, and use regular landline phones rather than cell phones.  But I have yet to see how "Screen Calls" works, which may make me no longer need cell phones anyway.

I don't have SNS installed right now, but one thing we were worried about is the temperature control with the new central AC units -- has anyone noticed whether that's working?  Just curious.

Thanks for your hard work, JMP -- I know we all appreciate it!
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2008 August 30, 19:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Picture of what beach apartment lots do (effects do not occur until move-in):

Yeah, it's bad. They still look okay from the 'hood.

That was covered in the readme - said not to make apartments from beach lots.  Not that it's not stupid that you can't do that, just that... we were sort of warned.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 August 30, 19:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, we were. But some people wanted to see what it looked like when you tried.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008 August 30, 19:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the pics Zazazu, I was wondering what it looked like.

As for the EAxian Downtown stupidity:

I wonder how this could be fixed effectively? It seems either Belladonna Cove or Downtown has to be all glitchy and ruined.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008 August 30, 19:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. I cannot find the medicine cabinet or the medicine cabinet mirror. I have checked every category, it does not exist for me.
It's in Decorative/Miscellaneous about 16 clicks in ($280). There are mirrored and non-mirrored versions. Never heard of a medicine cabinet without a mirror, but oh well.

10. Not a bork, but some really weird townie names in Belladonna Cove. Christian Love...
There are lots goofier townie names (Goopy Gils Carbo, anyone?) but I wondered earlier if Christian Love who used to upload mods at MTS2 has gone to work for EA. They seem to name some of their townies after EAxis slaves employees. Somebody told me CL is back updating his stuff at MTS2 though.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 August 30, 20:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims can't study Physiology.  I have a Knowledge Sim, and I wanted to see just HOW MUCH the Physiology bug would speed her skill-building.  She takes the book out, sits down, opens it, immediately closes it, and puts it back.
This isn't anything specific to the DC, as I have no reading-related hacks, so it may just be standard ADHD.

You are correct, sir.  Macro>Concentrate fixed it.

I'm having tons of errors with the Juice keg.  Peoples' hands get stuck in the cup-holding position.  I don't know if this is an AL exclusive bug, as I haven't used the juicer in YEARS.  Undecided

As someone else stated, evil witches on community lots spawn roaches, which is weird and phail.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008 August 30, 20:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the portrait switching has been mentioned already, but today I had a sim electrocute themselves fixing a trash compactor - and the portrait was going *mental*.  From what I could tell, every time her appearance switched between the 'skeleton' and 'normal' appearance during the electrocution, the portrait would switch as well. 
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2008 August 30, 20:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting these "attribute number out of range" errors on apartment lots with only the AL director's cut as hacks. Anyone know what this is about?
This is some kind of test-tree issue with beds. I have no hacks pertaining to bed relaxation, so once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Thanks for pointing in the right direction. It wasn't a hack issue but a borked new custom bed.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2008 August 30, 20:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the EAxian Downtown stupidity:
http://i34.tinypic.com/j83055.jpg

I wonder how this could be fixed effectively? It seems either Belladonna Cove or Downtown has to be all glitchy and ruined.

That's what I was referring to when I said the high-rise condo plopable was replaced by the new AL building decoration, which does that for all instances. 

Good to hear about the fixes are in the works for some of the more critical problems.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2008 August 30, 20:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone else stated, evil witches on community lots spawn roaches, which is weird and phail.

Roaches are mentioned in the 'storm' spell's description, the one that those evil witches just love to cast. Apparently these bugs are a 'feature'.

Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2008 August 30, 20:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the constant-hugging: It seems that even people who have 63/22 relationship scores will turn down the hug gesture. This is driving me ballsy. I mean, it's hilarious in a sense, but I'm getting seriously tired of seeing red minuses all the time. Any suggestions as to what I can do? Otherwise I'm just going to have to leave everyone on Macrotastics 24/7 (which I try not to do).

ETA: It's definitely not a gesture. It's just Friendly Hugging.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 21:41:40 by Katuchan » Logged
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008 August 30, 20:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having tons of errors with the Juice keg.  Peoples' hands get stuck in the cup-holding position.  I don't know if this is an AL exclusive bug, as I haven't used the juicer in YEARS.  Undecided
That's pre-AL. I had it the very day before I installed AL. It seems to go away on it's own after a little while though, and it does make for some very amusing pictures.

It seems AL broke curved pools. Well some of them anyway. I tried replacing them and it didn't fix it.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008 August 30, 20:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, you awesome people, tell me not to worry about AL townie-spawning! Because I'm afraid we can see another BV tour guide-spawning catastrophe.
After installing AL, the EP generated tons of new townies, including pre-made families and NPCs, that's OK, new social groups. My second gameplay day resulted 30 new townies (all adults and social group members). My third gameplay day resulted 8 new townies, again all adults and socials. My fourth gameplay day (today) generated 7 new townies, all adults, social groups (it was just a 1-hour gameplay day).
Now I'm so scared that I stop to visit community lots to prevent spawning more and more townies!
I checked this whole thing via Clean Installer, Character's folder of my neighborhood, sorting by date.

I also wonder about that because I was on a community lot when the infallibly good witch showed up. I was socializing with her to get her in my panel when it started to rain. So another infallibly good witch showed up for an hour to cast the stop rain spell since I was keeping the first one busy with macro...socialize.

Why would we need more than 1 NPC good witch spawned. Not to mention the one that showed up on the lot and I was socializing with was different from the one the Cordial sisters knew. Sounds kind of like the tour guide to me though so far not as prevalent.

I'm not sure if someone reported this already but:
after my two twin kids(conceived and born AFTER the install of AL) played with some of the playground items they could no longer interact with each other. The only option there was "join" which simply made them walk up to the monkey.. climbing bar thing and play.
I only had CC objects, clothing and hair in the game. No hacks or mods, no insimenator.
I did have the global mod that is needed for modular sofas to work.. and I highly doubt that was the problem.

I had this happen too.Though without the mod sofa and only updated awesome hacks.  I couldn't socialize with any sims until they went to bed after playing on the playground.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2008 August 30, 20:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tempus interuptus (time freezing spell) seems pretty badly MATY-made borked. Isolated a jump bug during frozen time where clicking on a sim jumps them and only allows entertain and primp. Time freezing itself works as it should. This is the DC, so no bvanimchildfix is involved. Spell works fine with no MATY stuff.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 00:12:27 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2008 August 30, 21:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at EAxis got smart and was thinking the OFB international Windows have wrong named Subsets. He/She fixed it and now recolors are broken.
Actually the problem was that they were re-relesed while the door was not, so they independentized it.
I have fixed this, but depending on how much you have played, there might be broken stuff, and there WILL be broken stuff on EAxis-made lots.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 August 30, 21:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another new thing I'm noticing, now that I'm trying UNI out with AL added on top, is that dormies are constantly entering my playable Sims' bedrooms and sleeping in their beds.  I've never had this happen before.  I suppose I could just lock the doors, but it still strikes me as odd and phail.  I'm running base+UNI+FT+AL at the moment, and there is some tight pants including the InSimenator, but oddly, almost everything else is working OK -- besides cell phones and anything inside an actual apartment.

I have yet even to see a witch in-game, much less try out magic, though....
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2008 August 30, 22:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The binary search has revealed that nopedostalkers (fully updated) is once again at the cause of AL borkage, this time screwing up stuff during frozen time.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2008 August 30, 22:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the curved corner pools, this happened pre-AL with me, but with the outside of the pools, not the inside like in the above pic.

oh, and whats this Apartment Life Director's Cut?
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 August 30, 22:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, and whats this Apartment Life Director's Cut?

Here.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 August 30, 22:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another new thing I'm noticing, now that I'm trying UNI out with AL added on top, is that dormies are constantly entering my playable Sims' bedrooms and sleeping in their beds.  I've never had this happen before.  I suppose I could just lock the doors, but it still strikes me as odd and phail.  I'm running base+UNI+FT+AL at the moment, and there is some tight pants including the InSimenator, but oddly, almost everything else is working OK -- besides cell phones and anything inside an actual apartment.
The same thing happened to me in Bon Voyage on a vacation lot. I haven't played any Uni lots yet.

I have yet even to see a witch in-game, much less try out magic, though....
Go to a community lot. Try a park or someplace out of doors. Good witches come in the daytime and evil ones come at night. No pun intended.  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 August 31, 00:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tempus interuptus (time freezing spell) seems pretty badly MATY-made borked. Isolated a jump bug during frozen time where clicking on a sim jumps them and only allows entertain and primp. Time freezing itself works as it should. This is the DC, so no bvanimchildfix is involved. Spell works fine with no MATY stuff.
Okay, now that is weird. I'm going to have to do more research in how that spell works, because the error you're getting should never happen and apparently may invalidate the version checking method, requiring a rewrite of everything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: