More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:18:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work  (Read 256909 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders (updated 11-1-05)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 02, 13:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great, Motoki. I was a bit surprised when my Sim aged to elder and got maternity clothes!  Shocked I bought her some new stuff, but the maternity outfit is still 100% better than what we had before. Thanks again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 02, 13:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! Well I debated whether to put that in or not.  Undecided I finally decided to go with it figuring that maybe someone might want to make a nice less maternity-esque recolor of it.

But they never seem to grow up into anything I like anyhow. I think once or twice I had a sim that did, but otherwise they go right to Pescado's clothing tool after aging. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 02, 15:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh come on, Motoki, pink pajamas are what every little boy wants to wear! Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 02, 21:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims rarely keep the clothes they transition with. That is what clothing tool is for. And I greatly appreciate your inclusion of maternity clothes. Between this and the "force redress" option my sims may actually have decent maternity clothes with the proper meshes.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 03, 00:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG OMG this is the best hack EVER!!!!!! Thank you and I've finally made a maternity outfit using this tool oh Than you Thank you THANK YOU

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 03, 01:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG is all i can say thanks a billion for this Motoki up until now i've been converting adult clothes to elder through simpe to avoid the awful elder figure.  Never made sense to me why their beautiful and good looking then BAM their figure goes out the window.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 03, 07:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you Know if this mod interferes with JMP clothing tool I use to change the outfits before they left college and I am not sure if it is the mod or the patch as I can remember if i have played uni since the patch

I downloaded both of the mod.Huh Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 03, 12:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't interfere with the clothing tool. I know the clothing tool lately has issues with sims who were made selectable but not living on the lot though.

I'll go in the game and check real quick with just these 2 files and the clothing tool and see how it works.

*edit: I just tried running the game with just these 2 files and the latest clothing tool and clothing tool globals for NL and it seems to work fine for all the ages.

I do know it acts a little funky with toddlers too but if you change the age or gender in the clothing buying screen and change back it should make them appear.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 13:10:51 by Motoki » Logged

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 03, 13:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thank you I will try reinstalling the mod to see if that helps after that I am not sure what to do
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 03, 13:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just a certain age group or everyone? Are the sims you've been using it on household members or townies? I'm trying to think what might be causing it.  Undecided

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 03, 13:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are the young adults from college just turned into adults I use it to have niceer clothes to go back to the base hood
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 03, 14:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I just did a test on a neighborhood I don't play with just these 2 files, the clothing tool and TwoJeffs college adjuster. I set the sim to take her exam and then she did and came back and when she grew up but before she got into the cab I used the clothing tool and it did work for me.  Undecided I really don't know what the problem could be.

So if you take these 2 files out but leave everything else in can you then plan your outfits okay?

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 04, 02:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Clothing Tool to change all my Elders into new, better bodies, and haven't had any trouble. But then, I don't try to change YA's clothes into Adult before sending them back to the Neighborhood, so that might be why.

THANK YOU, Motoki, for being so generous with your time and talents, and making such a cool mod for us! I've added a page about it to my site, with a link back here, so HOPEFULLY people will remember their manners and thank you once they've downloaded it.
http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2enableelder.html

I've also added some new FA-FYA-FE skins that I made with this mod, plus some FA-FYA Flares that I hand-altered to work with Elders. (Scroll down ~ they're there!)
http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2clothing_fa-fya.html

The ol' gals are lookin' pretty good these days!  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 04, 02:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked My god woman you have been busy!  Grin It's all very nice stuff too.

*must not download everything must not download everything*

My file just made it so that the elders aren't all hunched over and frail looking but you actually gave them some nice non frumpy stuff to wear and even made that slob mesh not look so bad.  Wink

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 04, 07:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked My god woman you have been busy!  Grin It's all very nice stuff too.

Thank you. I never thought I'd enjoy making Elder skins, but I do, now.

Barbie Mattel is all spiffed up with her new perky boobies, so none of the old saggy Elder women will speak to her any more.  Grin
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 04, 07:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, you're an absolute legend.

Thank you for this - it's great.  Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 04, 07:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is awesome.  I remember my very first female elder.  She was gorgeous, super fit, and proud of her body (max fitness, workout and swim wants every day).  When she turned elder ... ugh!  If she'd been a real person I think she would have cried to see what she'd turned into.  I wish I'd had this mod of yours back then.  Too late for her now, that early neighbourhood was lost in a BFBVFS, but my current and future elders thank you.

Can I put a request in here Motoki?  It's sort of related, in that it's about modifying existing Maxis clothing.

I never use the table to change my toddlers into everyday wear.  After their first sleep, they spend the rest of their toddlerhood in their sleep clothes.  It would be nice to have a bigger choice of toddler sleepwear.

Is there a chance that you could modify the toddler everyday wear so that all the regular maxis toddler everyday clothing appears in the toddler pj menu?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 04, 09:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be mighty confusing, since there's a clear distinction between Everydaywear and Sleepwear for Toddlers...namely shoes.

However, you could run your Toddler Everyday skins through Body Shop and recategorize them as Sleepwear. That's even OK to do with custom skins, as long as they're just for your own private use.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 04, 12:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it very much. I've been looking around for your elder adjustment work, you've been talking about it since way back when, but I could never find it. All I found were your laptops, which I've been using for a while. Thanks Motoki.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 04, 14:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a chance that you could modify the toddler everyday wear so that all the regular maxis toddler everyday clothing appears in the toddler pj menu?

Sure, here you go. I've attached the file to this post. It actually recategorizes all toddler clothes to both everyday and sleep. I guess it might look a little odd to put them to bed with a dress or tux on lol but otherwise it should work okay, I did try it out. I put the NL stuff in too but if you don't have NL it shouldn't be a problem, they just won't show up.

re: recategorizing stuff via bodyshop

I've been trying not to recategorize stuff via making clones in the bodyshop because it makes a copy of the texture file that sits in your downloads folder and those are quite large files. This file I made only took me a couple of minutes and is 28kb, if you made clones of all the everyday toddler stuff via bodyshop and set it up as sleepwear I'm guessing it might be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10MB so that's quiet a difference. Seeing as my downloads folder is already bloated I try to do whatever I can to not make it any worse.  Shocked

[404'ed!]

Star
Asinine Airhead

This is what Democracy looks like loves

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 04, 21:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this and love it! I do have a few questions though...

If I recolor one of the adult outfits made for elders, will it be made available for all three age groups then? (adults, young adults, elders)
Second, if I upload a recolor of an adult outfit for an elder, will someone be able to download it without your mod? Or will they have to dowload your mod first, in order for the outfit to show up in game?

Finally, I have a request, if it's at all possible. lol I don't know if you have Nightlife or not, but if you could make the new toddler winter coats available for children? I don't even know if you can do this, but I would be beyond happy if you could.  Smiley

PROUD DEMOCRAT

Are you spending too much time online? Find out now!
http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm
If so, how about taking up some underwater basket weaving!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 04, 22:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recolor one of the adult outfits made for elders, will it be made available for all three age groups then? (adults, young adults, elders)

Yep.

Second, if I upload a recolor of an adult outfit for an elder, will someone be able to download it without your mod? Or will they have to dowload your mod first, in order for the outfit to show up in game?

Yep to this one too. They don't need the file, you only need it to be in your downloads when you make your new outfit in the bodyshop.

Finally, I have a request, if it's at all possible. lol I don't know if you have Nightlife or not, but if you could make the new toddler winter coats available for children? I don't even know if you can do this, but I would be beyond happy if you could.  Smiley

Now this is something I really can't do because the body size and proportions between toddlers and children are completely different. It would require a new worked mesh and like a reworked texture too and basically need to be made from scratch. Sad

Star
Asinine Airhead

This is what Democracy looks like loves

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 04, 22:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's perfectly fine. I just had someone asking if I could make a toddler coat into a child's one and I had no clue. lol Thanks for the answers.  Smiley

PROUD DEMOCRAT

Are you spending too much time online? Find out now!
http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm
If so, how about taking up some underwater basket weaving!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 05, 00:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again Motoki  Grin

After Hairfish made her suggestion I did try fumbling with Bodyshop, but when I saw it made a duplicate item with my first attempt I thought I must have been doing it wrong somehow, as I didn't want duplicate items.  I don't want a bloated download directory so I gave up at that point.

I have a fresh almost empty d/l folder following a bad install of NL.  When I uninstalled & reinstalled I backed up my neighbourhoods, but I forgot to back up my download directory ... oops.  On the bright side, at least now I have the opportunity to start over and be much more choosy about what I download.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 05, 02:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Hairfish, you made Bines Sim Revue. Smiley

http://www.8ung.at/sims2/finds2/3finds_thesims2_05_11.htm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: