More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:23:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work  (Read 256975 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
« on: 2005 November 01, 14:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file that makes Maxis Maternity Clothes show up as Everyday is the 4th and last file attachment at the bottom of this post

*EDIT* Sims Baby now has made the Glamour Life Stuff clothing available for elders. Get the male ones  here and the female ones here

Getting Adult Maxis clothes to show up for Elders:

- If you have the base game only or don't care about getting NL or OFB outfits for elders get Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E

- If you have NL but not OFB get Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL)

- If you have NL and OFB get Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB)

This is what these files do:

- All adult clothing that came with the original TS2 game buyable and wearable for adults, young adults and elders.
- All of the above will also show up in the bodyshop and new outfits can be made from them. The new outfit will retain its ability to be bought and worn by adults, young adults and elders.
- Sweatsuits, coach outfits, Hiphop sweats (male), drawstring pajama pants (male), tanktop with suspenders (female), and 'diving' bathing suit (female) have been made to be also available as workout clothes.
- Korean clothing from formal is now also buyable as everyday.
- Maxis wedding outfits are now buyable.

Some notes and things to be aware of:

Don't mix and match an elder bottom with and adult top or vice versa, it will leave a gap. If you use one of the recategorized adult tops for an elder you need to also find a recategorized adult bottom to go with it.

This file doesn't contain any meshes or textures at all. It's just property set values changed to make the original Maxis clothes show up under different age groups or categories

Custom clothing is not effected by this at all. If you want custom adult clothes for elders, you'll have to manually change it.

I have posted a tutorial here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1281.0

Fairiegurl has a tutorial here: http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52437

If you recolor a Maxis outfit with one of these files in your downloads directory, your new recolored outfit will also be available for Elders. The user who downloads your outfit will not need any of these files to make your new outfit show up for elders, it will be automatically built into your clothing recolor package file to be Elder enabled.

**Other Files**

Elder Clothing Hide

This second file hides all of the original Maxis hunched over and saggy mesh elder clothing. This file is completely optional and not needed to run the first file. If you want to be able to buy adult clothes for your elders but still want some elders to use the original saggy clothing then don't get this file.

It does not remove or delete anything from the game, it merely hides the original Maxis elder clothes from showing up in the clothing buying tool, the CAS and the bodyshop. Service npcs and townies will not be effected and will still wear their original hunched elder clothing. Any sim who is currently wearing elder clothing will continue to do so until and unless you plan their outfit to something else and any sim who has original Maxis elder clothing in their closet will continue to keep those items in their closet. This won't remove them.

Basically, only get this if you never plan to use the original Maxis elder clothes again on your playable sims and are sick of looking at saggy tits when you go shopping. Wink

Buyable Work and NPC Clothes
*Edit* Military uniforms now show up as formal as well
- All NPC and career outfits are unlocked and buyable for adults, young adults and elders.
- Some other hidden outfits like the Gamespot and IGN promo ones are now unlocked and buyable.

Buyable Maxis Maternity Clothes
- Pregnancy clothes for males and females are now buyable as everyday for adults, young adults and elders.

The pregancy clothes will not make your sim pregnant or give them a belly, it's just buyable as everyday, though they are really loose fitting, particularly the female one. It won't effect pregnant sims ability to get those outfits, they will still get them as normal and get the belly particular to their day of pregnancy.

-----

As far as credits go, do whatever you want with it, share it or upload it where ever. No need to credit me. Just make sure if you do upload it somewhere that people know what they are getting into. I don't want to see a bunch of threads from people saying 'HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! MY ELDER CLOTHES ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!' etc. Oh and take these files out of your downloads temporarily please when packing up a house otherwise someone might get an unwanted surprise. :p

I've tested these in my game and everything seems to be working fine, but if you run into any problems please let me know and I'll do my best to look into them and fix it.

Thanks to Hairfish for the pictures and mirroring the files.

Thanks to Curious Spurious for getting off her butt when I didn't and updating this to NL and OFB.

* Clothing_Equality_Mod.zip (58.77 KB - downloaded 9508 times.)
* Buyable Work and NPC Clothes.zip (2.92 KB - downloaded 8228 times.)
* elder clothing hide.zip (8.28 KB - downloaded 3819 times.)
* Buyable_Maxis_Maternity_Clothes.zip (0.83 KB - downloaded 9133 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 October 16, 02:55:00 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Clothing diversity mod - adult clothes for elders (updated 11-1-05)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 01, 14:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! That's awesome, Motoki! Thanks, and I'm downloading now.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 01, 14:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you rock
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 01, 14:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki.  *refrains from using emoticon by presence of Nectere*
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders (updated 11-1-05)
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 01, 14:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for this.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 01, 14:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EXELLENT! Looks like you've thought of everything! THANK YOU!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 01, 16:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have no idea how happy this makes me! I hate the elder stage only because of the hunched-over-nipples-to-the-knees look. Thanks so much Motoki. <insert very happy emoticon here>

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 01, 18:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Motoki.   I hate the hunched over elders, I'm one myself and don't walk like that.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 01, 18:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki my mother-in-law is in her 80's and doesn't walk like that.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 01, 19:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah.. My days of being frightened by elder female's massive-protruding-from-the-side-thighs are finally over. And I can finally get at those special outfits anytime I want them, huzzah!

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 01, 19:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The  best aspect of this is that I can use the adult clothing for my fit elders and the elder clothing for my fatties.  For the in-betweenies I have various custom meshes that improve the elder one without going as far as using adult clothes does.  I just wish I could use my custom adult clothes, because the majority of the Maxis ones are so awful they're actually worse than the elder clothes!  I don't really want my elder females going around in tarty tops and so on.  So, I await your tutorial eagerly.  Actually, I probably don't, seeing as I've done it before myself.  Silly me.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 01, 20:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Motoki! Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 01, 20:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great.  It will save me so much time exporting all the adult clothes I like and modifying them for elders.  That will save space on my hard drive as well.  I look forward to your Uni and NL editions. Smiley

(Erm, why can't we use emoticons around Nectere???)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 01, 20:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*gasp* OMG, this is awesome!  Grin

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 01, 20:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki. This will make the elders just a little less unbearable.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 01, 21:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomeness! Since I have been playing with aging on, this will certainly come in handy. Motoki-san is the man of the day!  Cool
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 01, 21:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much....this is a fantastic step toward

"Equallity for Senior Citizens"

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 01, 21:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now we just need an Elder Slouch walk fix.

Is there any way to make all the different color hair available to Elders besides the basic boring dull gray?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 01, 22:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki. This will make the elders just a little less unbearable.

You're welcome. And I also wouldn't complain if someone got rid of some of the more annoying elder idle animations like back rubbing and such. *hinthint* Wink

Oh and I see I am officially a peasant now. Go me.  Grin I take it this is the place for the peasantry who are less awesome than Pescado and TwoJeffs to post their sundries?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 01, 23:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to make all the different color hair available to Elders besides the basic boring dull gray?

You can do it through custom hairs you make in the bodyshop. Problem is those have all the other age groups too and are huge files. I was thinking of going in and doing that and just yanking out all the data for the other age groups but A) the files will be signifigantly larger than this one is because it will contain lots of textures and B) does anyone like the Maxis hair? Wink

I'll see if I can finagle something where it can make a new custom hair entry but will grab an existing Maxis adult hair texture file from the game files without me having to waste space and include a duplicate. I know custom gets really messy when you have a lot of custom hairs, particularly for elders when almost no one messes with them so you get all these clones of grey Maxis hair for every custom adult hair color you download, but I don't want to go so far as to mess with overriding the default Maxis elder grey completely.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 01, 23:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do it through custom hairs you make in the bodyshop. Problem is those have all the other age groups too and are huge files. I was thinking of going in and doing that and just yanking out all the data for the other age groups but A) the files will be signifigantly larger than this one is because it will contain lots of textures and B) does anyone like the Maxis hair? Wink

I'll see if I can finagle something where it can make a new custom hair entry but will grab an existing Maxis adult hair texture file from the game files without me having to waste space and include a duplicate. I know custom gets really messy when you have a lot of custom hairs, particularly for elders when almost no one messes with them so you get all these clones of grey Maxis hair for every custom adult hair color you download, but I don't want to go so far as to mess with overriding the default Maxis elder grey completely.
Well, I like some of the Maxis hair, especially since that's all you have to choose from at first.  I have started downloading some custom hair but it does get messy trying to sort through all of them under the Custom icon.  And it annoys me that most of the people who make custom hair only let the elders have a gray version of it instead of any of the colors like adults have.  There are lots of people who dye their hair.  Why can't elder sims???  You make a good point about cloning the adult hair for elders.  I have done that and now I have all these cluttering up my custom hair section in all age groups.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 02, 00:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki:

Will you marry me?

You are my new hero. Seriously.

I am over my secret crush on Pescado now. *grin*

This is great!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 02, 00:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Motoki many times over. The elder bodies have been one of my major pet peeves, they should only look the way Maxis depicted them if they're low in fitness. Now my elders can look beautiful like my grandma.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 02, 02:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for this I just hate the way maxis make the elders look  Grin
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 02, 08:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is fantastic. Now there can actually be some variety in my neighbourhoods. Great work!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: