More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:20:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123815 times)
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Freetime Patch is out
« on: 2008 May 29, 10:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.13&languageCode=

Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch.
Please make sure you have your game CD's available during patch installation.

Complete list of changes:

The Sims 2 FreeTime Patch Notes Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch. Please make sure you have your game's CD/DVD available during patch installation Download The Sims 2 FreeTime Patch (Note: This patch is compatible for all languages) Complete list of changes: Note: Not all fixes will take effect on existing The Sims 2 FreeTime saved games. If you have an existing lot, Sim, object or neighborhood that does not seem to be improved by this patch, we recommend that you replace the affected object, or create either a new family, lot or neighborhood, depending on what is affected by the bug.
          o Sims will now remember which side of the bed is theirs to sleep on.
          o Crash will no longer occur when users attempt to load another lot while associating a neighborhood using the Advanced Neighborhood Options panel.
          o "Neon Flamingo" is no longer missing from Buy Mode.
          o In Audio Options, Custom Station icon no longer blocks the Stop button.
          o University Service NPCs are now able to join a dance contest in a Secret Hobby lot if they are not on the job.
          o Sims will no longer pop back onto the screen when Sims walk to a Secret Hobby Lot.
          o "Electrono-Ticket Machine" will now correctly turn off when you move a Home lot into the Lots and Houses Bin.
          o Saved lots with an in progress dance contest will now reset correctly when placed into the Lots and Houses Bin.
          o Sims can now watch UFOs with the "Astrowonder Telescope".
          o Sims can no longer mark items for sale on top of the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft".
          o Iconic Hobbyist NPCs can now be reached by telephone after meeting them.
          o "Socialus Butterfly" can now be caught for the Bug Collection.
          o Sims will no longer teleport when you cancel the walk home interaction in a community lot.
          o Primp interaction is no longer missing from the game.
          o First woohoo memory will now occur when Sims woohoo for the first time in a tent.
          o The reduced bladder effect from the "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" will now trigger correctly when Sims are in range.
          o Sims reading a book from the cooking genre will now correctly gain Cuisine Enthusiasm.
          o Preoccupation will now work correctly at level 10.
          o Pets will no longer chew or scratch cribs if they are in use.
          o Garden Club members are now treated as townies.
          o "Carefree Koi Pond by Simulated Life" no longer displays an environment score.
          o Teen and Child Sims will no longer receive the unachievable Bird Watch Want.
          o College Grades in German, French, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese is now displayed correctly.
          o The Sims 2 FreeTime credit section has been correctly updated.
          o Violin Tip Jar will no longer cause an unusable tile after being picked up.
          o Child Sims will no longer pop when asked to "Clean Up" the juice tray.
          o Vampire Sim can no longer receive a Want to turn Bigfoot into a Vampire.
          o Using the Draft Scene interaction will no longer apply a sketch filter to in-game camera snapshots.
          o Motive decay on the "H-O-R-S-E of course Basket Ball Hoop", "The Goal of Paul", "Teeny Tikes Activity Table", and "One Man's Junk Car from Mechanically Minded" objects and Go Hiking interaction has been retuned.
          o "Basic Blue" and "Gripping Green" wallpapers will now appear in Build Mode.
          o Sims will no longer receive a phone call for magazine subscription at level 2 Hobby Enthusiasm.
          o Sims will no longer gain fishing skill points while digging for treasure.
          o Sims in Custom Neighborhoods can now access secret hobby lots when sub-neighborhoods are unassociated.
          o Custom Radio Stations can now be deleted correctly.
          o Matchmaking Service will now function correctly when the "Dusty Old Lamp" is on the lot.
          o Pregnant Sims can now browse or blog about hobbies on the computer.
          o Items created from the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft" now appreciate and depreciate correctly.
          o Sims can no longer sell home lots from computers on a secret hobby lot.
          o Vacation guest who is asked to Join a Sim in a tent will now properly leave the tent after an appropriate amount of time.
          o Drinking "Eggplant Juice" no longer produces a false memory of maximizing a skill.
          o Having a honeymoon and a wedding party with a child, toddler, or baby Sim in the family will no longer cause a second wedding party to occur.
          o Servo will no longer break in vacation neighborhoods.
          o Children will no longer pop when drinking Hot Chocolate.
          o Female children will now be able to change into gym wear while playing with "The Goal of Paul".
          o "First Place Food Contest Ribbon" can no longer be duplicated by shift clicking.
          o Watch Movie Interaction will no longer produce two of the same pie menu option.
          o Option to "Offer Free Makeover to" "Zip Zap Zop! Classic Model Car" and "Falconeer Chopper" have been removed.
          o FX cloud now appears correctly when destroying Sandcastles.
          o "Ask to Join" interaction no longer appears on Iconic Hobbyists Sims when they route to user Sims while relaxing on a bed.
          o Servo will now recharge correctly after "Tinkering" with any shower.
          o Sims performing the "Join Freestyle" interaction should no longer pop.
          o Text Notification no longer spam when raising Music & Dance enthusiasm by performing "Join Freestyle" interaction.
          o "Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors" car design now appears correctly.
          o Interaction tooltip now appears correctly when Sims use the "Teeny Tikes Activity Table".
          o NPCs will now correctly use "The GrroveLayer 90000 Professional DJ Booth by HotBeets" and "The GrroveLayer 10k Professional DJ Booth by HotBeets".
          o Memory for achieving Lifetime Want "Woohoo with 20 Different Sims" now appears correctly on the appropriate Sim.
          o Romance Sims no longer lose earned platinum tombstones when moved to a community lot.
          o Neat Sims will no longer be furious when told to clean up a waterballon puddle the Neat Sim created.
          o Sims will no longer autonomously attempt to interact with a computer that is already in use.
          o Fish, harvested fruits, and vegetables will now go to the owner's inventory on an owned business lot.
          o Foods will no longer disappear when ordering from the hotel room service.
          o Graduation Party memory will now appear correctly when Sims have a graduation party.
          o Sims will no longer pop while fishing.
          o Medicine created from the "Simsanto Inc. Biotech Station" will now be able to cure sick Sims.
          o Neat Sims will no longer have the "Lick Clean" interaction.
          o "Walk to" lot interaction no longer causes Sim's motives to change abnormally.
          o "Tinker" interaction is now available on the "Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations", "Big and Brown Dishwasher by Romantic Notions", "You Got Feets Bathtub", "SuperJet Corner Shower by Sleek Sensations", "The Coldinator by Kitchensations", and "Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions".
          o "Stock" and "Get Leftovers" interactions are now available on "The Coldinator by Kitchensations" and "Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions".
          o "Compose Contents" is now available to "Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations".
          o "Red Brick Road Walkway", "Neutral Sand Linoleum", "Latipsoh Green Linoleum", "Square Squares Stone Floor in Large Squares", "Square Squares Stone Floor in Small Squares", "Pristine White Marble", "Blank Slate Flagstone Flooring", "Sid's Cement Flooring", "Light Wine Stone Walkway", "Mixed Slate Stone Flooring", "Irregular Views Grap Stone Flooring", and "Octogreat Teracotta Tile" floor tiles will now appear correctly in game.
          o Users can now place objects in front of the "Shiny Sewn Curtains".
          o NPC Maid will now correctly route to available trash compactors.
          o NPC Maid will now correctly clean the entire lot.
          o Sims can now call known sales NPC they meet on a community lot.
          o Sims can now serve "Smart Milk" to toddlers who are sitting in the "High Society High Chair".
          o Teens no longer have the option to "Birdwatch".
          o Servo will now exit correctly after swimming in the ocean.
          o Body temperature no longer increases while Sims go jogging without Seasons installed.
          o Sims will now autonomously use the "Good Times Changing Table".
          o Lot information will now correctly display after deleting a family from the Sim bin.
          o Life Time Want "Reached Golden Anniversary" is now achievable.
          o Sims will now correctly perform the Hula dance when asked to.
      System/Config issues:
          o ATI 2000 and 3000HD series graphic cards will now display correct pictures when Sims use the computer or TV.
          o Resolved an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor.

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 29, 10:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone had posted this yet. Looks like you beat me to it!

It seems to contain a lot of fixes that awesomeware fixed a long time ago - eg Romance asp graves and LTW. I guess we don't need the awesome versions any more?

ISTP
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 29, 11:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gets to 7% downloaded and the server resets - every time.  Huh
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 29, 11:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

84,7 MB  Grin

The old patch was something like 17 MB I think...

No problems with download...
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 29, 11:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Time to wait for new NoCD then.

It seems to contain a lot of fixes that awesomeware fixed a long time ago - eg Romance asp graves and LTW. I guess we don't need the awesome versions any more?

Unless Pescado confirms and removes Awesome fixes to obsolete folder, I'm leaving them right in my hack folder. I don't trust EAxis's claim until I install the thing and see in my own eyes.

o "Tinker" interaction is now available on the "Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations", "Big and Brown Dishwasher by Romantic Notions", "You Got Feets Bathtub", "SuperJet Corner Shower by Sleek Sensations", "The Coldinator by Kitchensations", and "Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions".
          o "Stock" and "Get Leftovers" interactions are now available on "The Coldinator by Kitchensations" and "Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions".

So they fixed Kitchen crap for FreeTime only? So Seasons and BV players can buy the new pack or can go fuck themselves then.

No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 29, 11:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think thats not all. They put up one more FT Patch. The Maty FT Patch.
Promote Maty hardcore at several Community Managers, Rod, Mods, etc. *rofl*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 29, 11:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest waiting to install rather than rushing off immediately, as a new crack will be required to avoid infesting your computer with SuckuROM. If someone is feeling particularly foolish, I will accept the p2 objects.package for diffscan in #grah. Death to all Nesses.

So they fixed Kitchen crap for FreeTime only? So Seasons and BV players can buy the new pack or can go fuck themselves then.
I do not understand what you mean. This word, this "buy", I do not know this word.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 29, 11:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does this mean for those of us who haven't acquired K&B yet, but are intending to do so at some stage?  I presume that if I do patch first, then install K&B it will undo these changes - but I won't be able to repatch as the game will recognise that it is already patched.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 29, 11:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does this mean for those of us who haven't acquired K&B yet, but are intending to do so at some stage?  I presume that if I do patch first, then install K&B it will undo these changes - but I won't be able to repatch as the game will recognise that it is already patched.

Teen stereo and Teen computer had similar issue with BV, missing BV features like slap dancing or booking vacations. EAxis included updated versions in FreeTime Overrides.package. Even if you install Teen crap after FT, FT version will override the outdated version included in Teen crap. (And just like K&B, BV players without FT were completely left out.) I expect it's something along this line with K&B objects too. Probably they included fixed versions in FT objects.package or Overrides.package.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 29, 12:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is complicated. so are you guys saying i should do it in this order:

> install freetime
> wait for a new anti-securom  no-cd exe to come out, replace old exe
> then the freetime patch
> then install kitchen and bath afterwards
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 29, 13:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly.

Wait to install FT until updated NoCD crack for patch is available.
Install FT.
Install patch.
replace .exe with crack
install KB
Run game from FT cracked.exe.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 29, 14:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me, I have to check which no-cd crack I'm running.  I patched FT, but I'm not convinced I updated the no-cd.  Hmmm.  Seems to run fine so far, but best not to risk the unholy hybrid, I suppose.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 29, 14:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is complicated. so are you guys saying i should do it in this order:

> install freetime
> wait for a new anti-securom  no-cd exe to come out, replace old exe
> then the freetime patch
> then install kitchen and bath afterwards

I don't think it matters whichever you install first, FT or K&B. I expect that fixed K&B objects included in FT patch will override outdated ones included in K&B pack. That was the way FT overrode outdated Teen objects, anyway.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 29, 14:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly.

Wait to install FT until updated NoCD crack for patch is available.
Install FT.
Install patch.
replace .exe with crack
install KB
Run game from FT cracked.exe.
If you even want K&B. It's a waste of money/download time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 29, 15:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this do much more than the previous pulled patch? I've already installed that plus the matching no CD executable.

I'm also wondering whether it is safe to run BodyShop, or will that sucker me with securom?

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 29, 15:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno'. I'm not installing it for a loooonggg time. Once I hit the link and 86 megs popped up on my screen I hit cancel.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 29, 15:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like it does a bit more than the previous patch. It'll be interesting to see if this borks if you apply it on top of the previous patch.  I may install it on my laptop just to see, since I won't be playing FT on the laptop for a while.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 29, 16:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap.  This is the longest list yet.  How the hell do they fuck this much up and not notice?

Waiting for a no-cd, like the rest heh.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 29, 16:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resolved an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor.

Considering all the other stuff they found to fix, this might have been considered a non-issue.  I mean, I couldn't care less whether I see the splash screen, as long as I get to hood selection.

Tribulatio proxima est
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 29, 16:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully when they fix all these things the game will work for us. That is, once we get the no cd.

also waiting for the no cd, with the others,
Skye
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 29, 16:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only did they break a bunch of stuff, but they RE-broke a bunch of stuff. For example, pets scratching cribs/cots when in use has been a problem since Pets, and was fixed with a Pets patch. The same problem occurred with BV (and maybe Seasons too - I don't remember), so this means that they re-broke it when BV was released. And now they've broken it yet again. It's turning out to be as bad as the recurring piano borkage. It seems like EAxis is borking and re-fixing the same fucking dozen or so things with every EP. Obviously, they spend absolutely no time on R & D or QA - they just churn out the EPs and SPs in order to turn a profit, not caring if the products actually work, or not. Oh no, testing their merchandise before releasing it would make too much sense! [/rant]

Edited to fix typo.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 29, 17:30:14 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 29, 17:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can i not just use a standard no-cd exe now, then replace it with it with the securom one when it comes out, then patch the newer no-cd exe?

BTW, how long do you guys expect to wait for this updated exe?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 29, 17:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll wait as long as it takes.

Oh, and a note on another site from the dead guy KevinTMC about the SuxRom / Need For Patch issue, because at least one of you may be interested:

Re: Still the SECUROM rages on...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are still some companies that respect their customers. Stardock (see http://www.stardock.com/products/?tab=mygames) comes immediately to mind; they have produced the highly-regarded Galactic Civilizations games (if you've ever been a Civ fan, you're liable to get hooked on those), the new hot title "Sins of a Solar Empire" which I've been meaning to check out, and others. They are proud of respecting customers enough to release games that have no copy protection...and that aren't bug-infested either. (They'd have been too proud and careful to release some of the Sims products, in their current states, as betas.) The lack of customer punishment copy protection hasn't seemed to hurt their sales...GalCiv 2 and Sins both rocketed up to the top of sales charts, and without massive ad budgets too.

They even have a no-DRM downloadable game service, TotalGaming.net, which I've used and would recommend without hesitation--it doesn't take over everything, doesn't seem to burrow deep into anything, only runs when I want it to like any other normal application. I used TG.net to acquire the fun Space Rangers games, so that I wouldn't get the nasty Starforce copy protection which had been used on the CD-ROM versions that Cinemaware Marquee released in this country.

Everyone makes mistakes now and then (there are some real dogs of games being re-distributed on TG.net along with the gems, for instance), and any organization is liable to eventually come down with a case of the evils; but so far in my experience Stardock and TotalGaming.net are teh r0x0rz. So when I become dictator if they ever asked me, I would insist that EA make a deal with these guys to fix up and then redistribute the Sims series via their online service. If the effort to repair Maxis' spaghetti code didn't suck up and exhaust all available talent and resources at Stardock, and cause them to collapse, that is...

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 29, 17:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can i not just use a standard no-cd exe now, then replace it with it with the securom one when it comes out, then patch the newer no-cd exe?

BTW, how long do you guys expect to wait for this updated exe?

I believe you misunderstand.  No-cd crack .exe files are used so you don't have to load the game from the CD or DVD.  Bypassing the CD, means that you avoid installing securom (bad thing) on your computer.  When you patch, the no-cd crack is out-of-date, since it was made for the non-patched game.  This may cause problems due to what we call the "unholy hybrid" (patched game with non-patch no-cd .exe).  Thus, people wait to patch the game until a no-cd crack for the patch comes out, so that we can continue to avoid securom (bad thing).

Tribulatio proxima est
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 29, 17:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if the next EP Apartments will re-break some of these fixes or do more harm to the game it self. Would have been more logical to just wait till the The Sims 2 series was done then come out with a large patch at the end then to have us remove hacks now and then put them back in later after the next EP comes out. We will end up with a broken game anyways since Sims 2 is  almost done and they are busy getting Sims 3 out the door. I don't think I will be in any rush to play the next generation of the Sims anytime soon.

A Sims Nightmare!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: