More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:54:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  More CS stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More CS stuff  (Read 151856 times)
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: More CS stuff
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 19, 09:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Birdcage is evil, Sims get stuck Birdfood Streams on the hands after filling the Cage. Have seen this after ripping it myself.

I've gotta' put this in my game and get wicked awesome snapshots!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 19, 10:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Birdcage is evil, Sims get stuck Birdfood Streams on the hands after filling the Cage. Have seen this after ripping it myself.
This happens with the regular birdcage also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 19, 11:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you had any luck in exporting the lighting from CS?

This upload dedicated to Lady Moiraine. Smiley

Here are the links:
Lamps and Torches http://www.mediafire.com/?n3x3jmbd2y1
OMG these are great!!!  Thank you so muich!!  I have to contact IPower my host and get my site fixed up and as soon as I do, I'll send everyone on over here to grab your stuff, thank you for taking the time to do these uploads, they're great!!   Grin

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 19, 13:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens with the regular birdcage also.

Sure but you could use TwoJeffs mod to stop this. I tried to add the modified BHAV to the Native Cage but have not tested if it works.

And devilsrope why on earth have you used the fix integrity option on all items. I only looked into the lamps but i think you have done it with everything.
It would have been easy to use textures shared between objects who use them also.
Fix Itegrity is only needed for Clones from TS2, Story objects work pretty good if you let them as they are. Only exeption are Items who replace a TS2 object like the native benchpress.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 19, 14:12:33 by Havelock » Logged
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 19, 16:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness you guys are here. I guess you noticed I'm drowning, not waving.

So, I've been implementing the repository thing where I can...the one lamp didn't want to cooperate, so I've got to keep hammering it. I'm uploading it today as a stand alone object; if I get it fixed, I'll reupload, to save you guys the 400k or so in duplicate textures.
Dupe textures are evil cuz they chew up massive RAMz.

Agreed. My stupid is preventing me from fixing this right now.

I think maybe my brain just numbed out after working on the trees (those things were made all kinds of stupid). I don't know how to create a stand-alone package of the textures and other needed bits, so in some cases there are multiple master objects.
Sounds like a mess. What you SHOULD do is simply extract the texture and other files RAW, without attempting to change their names or instances, then remove the duplicates and leave it as-is. Don't tamper with any of the resources unless absolutely necessary.

It is a mess (both the repository situation and my brain). I looked at your cratesgas.package as an example, because I think that method is what you'd like me to use (several objects in one package in this case). I will attempt your suggestion and and bother you when I break it. I assume this method should be used for all conversions though? I have been cloning with SimPE, using the advice from MTS2, the Stories Crap thread, and various other places Google had led me to read. This (the cloning) in itself is a mess, which is why I have posted everything with the caveat that it's probably horribly broken.

I have used Pescados Harvestable as Repository for the Palmtrees. If you not fixed them it would have been easy to do so. All you have to doo is delete the Texures and save.

This is a good idea, however Pescado's trees aren't recolorable. The 4 palm trees I attempted all have 2 colors, although only 2 of the trees were recolorable in-game (they are borked this way in CS). So, I fixed that issue, then created my own repository, not remembering that the harvestables use the same mesh texture. Using Pescado's textures would be better, so thanks for pointing that out - I'll see if I can do that. However, this won't make them stop dropping leaves in fall...? I'm guessing this has to do with BHAVs or the GLOB, both of which frighten me.

Also, one of the table lamps is weird - it lights up, but the candle doesn't create a flame. That's how it is in CS, too, so I figured...meh.
The one lamp misses a line in the BHAV who generates the Flame. The Birdcage is evil, Sims get stuck Birdfood Streams on the hands after filling the Cage. Have seen this after ripping it myself.

On your suggestion, I have messed with the BHAVs, and fixed this. Thank you! I haven't seen that issue with the birdcage, but before testing this (which included multiple refillings of the food dish), I've had exactly one sim-bird, and I guess I've just never seen this happen yet. I encourage you to post improved versions of any objects as you see fit.

And devilsrope why on earth have you used the fix integrity option on all items. I only looked into the lamps but i think you have done it with everything. It would have been easy to use textures shared between objects who use them also. Fix Itegrity is only needed for Clones from TS2, Story objects work pretty good if you let them as they are. Only exeption are Items who replace a TS2 object like the native benchpress.

Well, because I don't know how else to do it? I have done it on every object (is it really bad?), because my clones throw errors in SimPE and are invisible in-game otherwise. When I clone an object (which is how I've been extracting them) I generally use these settings: Fix cloned files (and the 2 sub-settings) and Pull #STR-linked resources. Seeing as the only tutorial I can find on MTS2 about cloning an object is over 2 years old (following it gave me invisible objects), and I have barely opened SimPE before 3 weeks ago, I went with that cause it seemed generic enough (obviously not). The only reason I was able to get objects to start showing in my game is because of an offhand comment by someone explaining, to someone with this same problem, how to re-input the shape information to the resource node, which led me to use fix integrity. Without doing that, I can't preview the object in SimPE (it tells me the joint hierarchy can't be built), and can't see it in the game. If I can follow Pescado's advice properly, I will do that. Otherwise, if you can, please explain the proper/better/easier way to extract objects. I'll take any pointers I can get.

As for sharing textures, yes, I agree. That's why I let people know I hadn't done it when I posted the items, and as promised in my OP here, I'm now working on correcting that. Believe me, just having the objects show in my game and be usable made me pretty happy at the time, given my extremely novice status.

I appreciate both you guys stopping here to give me your input. I hope I can make good use of it.

edited to add: I have re-uploaded the lamps in the appropriate post
« Last Edit: 2008 May 19, 17:23:20 by devilsrope » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 19, 18:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you clone a Storys Objects you have in Simpe to disable the CEP in Filetable and uncheck all settings in Objectworkshop otherwise you get the 0x1C050000 Group and the object has unlinked resources.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 19, 18:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CS piano currently overrides the Maxis one (not the base game one obviously, the other one, can't remember what EP it came from... FT?)

Dive in!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 19, 18:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CS Piano overrides the BV Grand Piano.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 19, 19:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be the one, yes. Grin

Dive in!
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 19, 19:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

devilsrope,

re. the SimPE cloning options, I've found this tutorial very helpful -- I have SimPE 0.66 (I think it's .66 -- the FT one, in any case) and it told me all I needed to know, even though it's old. Just in case you haven't seen it already .. it's not always easy to spot the right tutorial at mts2 =)

And thanks for doing this, of course.
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 19, 19:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you clone a Storys Objects you have in Simpe to disable the CEP in Filetable and uncheck all settings in Objectworkshop otherwise you get the 0x1C050000 Group and the object has unlinked resources.

Ahhh, ok, I'll see if that helps. What about TS2 objects, though? When I have tried to clone those, I get the same problem. Should I always uncheck CEP, except when doing recolors? And why the hell isn't there any clear information about how to do this basic stuff anywhere (at least not anywhere I found). That's not directed at you, Havelock, it's just my frustration that there doesn't seem to be an abundance of practical (clear and concise) information for newblets like me. It like a scavenger hunt to figure this stuff out.

The CS piano currently overrides the Maxis one (not the base game one obviously, the other one, can't remember what EP it came from... FT?)

And gah. I knew I forgot something when I uploaded. My apologies. Will be fixed momentarily...also, deleting the treasure chest since it's from BV. Heh, shows you how much vacationing my sims do; never saw it.

Fake edit: thanks, pbox...I had forgotten, but yes, I did read that. Am I blind or does it also say nothing about the file table (if this fix will work, haven't tried it yet)? Or am I the only one having the invisible clone problem (besides the one reference I found on MTS2)?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 19, 20:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, ok, I'll see if that helps. What about TS2 objects, though? When I have tried to clone those, I get the same problem. Should I always uncheck CEP, except when doing recolors? And why the hell isn't there any clear information about how to do this basic stuff anywhere (at least not anywhere I found). That's not directed at you, Havelock, it's just my frustration that there doesn't seem to be an abundance of practical (clear and concise) information for newblets like me. It like a scavenger hunt to figure this stuff out.

You are right there exist no Tutorials about cloning. I had to find it myself after deleting tons of broken clones. If my english would be better i would make a Tutorial but i am limited in explain tech information in english. Its not my first language.
Privateer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 19, 21:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This CS-to-Standard conversion is great! I keep wanting to revamp into a new 'hood with all this stuff, now...

Do any of you know if the mine-able rocks and chop-able wood have been converted anywhere, or if one of you will? I'd love to have them for their decidedly non-awesome money/work ratio for a Medieval or Castaway 'hood.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 20, 02:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, devilsrope. You are brave and I admire that. You dive right into uncharted waters. Because of that, I triple-thank you for what you are doing. Not only did you do these conversions, you shared them, and you accepted other's advice. That's awesome, and I like to see that in the Sims 2 community.

Silly F-type comments over. Continue with your regularly scheduled MATY.
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 21, 06:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Kazzandra, that's really kind of you. I don't mind F comments at all. Smiley I always think I ought to be an F, but I always end up ISTJ and firmly a the T at that. Confuses me actually.

Privateer, I don't know of anyone who's done those. I'd bet Pescado could, if he were so inclined. A rock quarry full of slaves would be quite delicious.

edited because I forgot to say:

Havelock, I'm sure any number of people would be willing to proof read a tutorial for you. Besides, your English is quite understandable, and the contribution would be valuable. Bring on the tutorial, I say.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 21, 06:54:23 by devilsrope » Logged
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 22, 15:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love the Castaway objects, to use them in Sims 2, and I thank you devilsrope from the bottom of my heart....

/Lisen
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 23, 16:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I was thinking, would it be possible to salvage the following:

-the medical box (as a decorative object it would be just fine)

-the idol (I'm actually building a temple with the extracted bits and "treasure", so it would be great to have Spaulding. lol) Him spewing poisonous gas would be extra cool but something tells me that's Pescado territory...

-the steamer trunk (acting as a fridge would rock, but would make a nice decoration too)

...I hate it how whenever I try to make this kind of posts they sound so demanding, but they're meant as suggestions, stuff I've thought about and have not seen anywhere, and since you're on a roll... Smiley

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 23, 21:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking of buying this game simply to see the cool stuff, but now you've saved me from this fate! I LOVE this stuff. Makes such a fun island retreat vacation lot Smiley

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 26, 18:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello I just wonder if someone have converted these plants, the lovely small plants that the sims can walk in:

The grass

or the harvestable grass

And I would also love to have the texture:

Is there a tutorial in how to convert objects from Castaway to the "real" Sims2?

Many thanks
/Lisen
« Last Edit: 2008 May 26, 18:42:23 by Lisen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 May 26, 20:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't really a tutorial because doing so is equal parts standard object extraction done MANUALLY because SimPE is a smartass, black magic, and voodoo debugging.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 May 26, 21:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't really a tutorial because doing so is equal parts standard object extraction done MANUALLY because SimPE is a smartass, black magic, and voodoo debugging.

I have to second that CS Objects wont work nicely in TS2. The jelly bean palms trow an error if Dogs try to interact whit them same for the grass.
Also they are flowers so they need gardening but this is not working also.
You get Sims and Pets reset everytime they try to do anything with them.
What would you do with the harvestable grass ? It needs other accessories to work.

Hey, I was thinking, would it be possible to salvage the following:

-the medical box (as a decorative object it would be just fine)

-the idol (I'm actually building a temple with the extracted bits and "treasure", so it would be great to have Spaulding. lol) Him spewing poisonous gas would be extra cool but something tells me that's Pescado territory...

I got them to work with all needed accessories but the stuff is useless in TS2. And i lack the knowledge to try to reprogramming the stuff.
Its not really a challenge to place the items on different lots only to make your Sim search for them and after everything is done the Tristikki is worthless.
The only nice usage is the sim talking to the Idol. But you get the same with a Garden Gnome.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 May 26, 21:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I just want these objects because I find them very nice and good looking on my lots in CS and it would really be nice to have them in the real Sims...
I also think it'e very good looking that sims kan walk in the grass, the plants...
Isn't possible to take away the needs for gardening and just make them decorative, like carpets or something?
Well, I'm not so good in programming and english is not my native language so it's hard to explain.
But, I love all the items in Castaway and would like to use them in Sims2...

/Lisen
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 13:21:01 by Lisen » Logged
shastakiss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 May 27, 06:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I would also love to have the texture:

Xianah converted all the walls, floors and terrain paints in the Salvaged Stories thread.

http://rapidshare.com/files/90400693/Xianah-CSWallsFloors.rar.html

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 May 28, 05:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like the large clump of grass, but only as a decorative object that sims can walk through. For decorative purposes on those old dilapidated houses and over grown lots.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 May 28, 15:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got them to work with all needed accessories but the stuff is useless in TS2. And i lack the knowledge to try to reprogramming the stuff.
Its not really a challenge to place the items on different lots only to make your Sim search for them and after everything is done the Tristikki is worthless.
The only nice usage is the sim talking to the Idol. But you get the same with a Garden Gnome.

Oh, they don't have to function like in Castaway (but making them searchable sounds cool regardless of how easy it is!). I would still love to have them just to decorate my lots. Cheesy

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: