More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:45:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 235947 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #400 on: 2008 July 29, 09:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you can alias the plumbbob toggle in the startup cheat. That's what I did in mine, so I only have to type in "p" to toggle. It's not as good as a "no plumbbob at all" hack, but still much more convenient.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2008 August 01, 17:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love the option to remove any of the eaxis walls/floors that I never use in the game -- which is about 90 percent of them.

I've got both a wall and a floor hider here:  http://ambular.djssims.com/index.php?category=4&subcat=11  They don't hide 90% and there's no guarantee they won't kill some stuff you actually want, but it's a start, and if you're at all proficient with SimPE you're free to customize them to your taste.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
CM
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2008 August 10, 09:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this wonderful thread, I've decided to throw in my wish list for TS2.  Poke and laugh at me if you must, but I have to get this off of my chest:

My Wish List:

1) That the entire EA Management would be thrown out.  And, that people who respect not only PC gamers, but Mac gamers be put in their place.

(Okay, that's a pipe dream because hardly *anyone* in the gaming world who makes games thinks about Mac people, but that's beside the point. ) Sad

On to the game:

2) That the sims would have more types of interactions with each other so that the randomness would mean something and it becomes less predictable.  For example, it is a given that the welcome wagon comes out to meet new neighbors in the 'hood.  But, wouldn't you expect each reaction to be different (from: "Get the heck off of my property!" to "How about some tea? Come inside)?  If that could be done, the longstanding feelings between neighbors could amount in more interesting relationships other than the predictable. And if there are different types of reactions between neighbors, it might put some really interesting twists in the neighborhood story-line.

3)More Aspirations.  I know that some of these aspirations function on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.  But, we need to have something else other than the "Eat Grilled Cheese" aspiration, et al.  There's got to be other types of things that Sims aspire to.  I do like aspirations in the long run, though.  And, I hope that TS3 does not entirely throw them out.

4)More variety of channels.  Along with that line, an easier way to put in custom television and radio stations in the game without the files overwriting themselves every time.

5) A work-around to help Mac folks shoot films in their games.  Right now, it is hard to shoot pictures in TS2 for some of us Mac folks because the video turns out choppy with little or no sound.  And that comes with good specs!!!  Along with that, an easier way to edit .avi video for Mac folks to put custom shows and movies in their games.  Why should Aspyr (or EAxis) sell such an great aspect in the game if it only works properly for some of their customers?

6)Better patches and more reliable updates for Mac players.  It seems that Aspyr has dropped the ball on FT and AL for us.  I wish that they could put aside some of their enthusiasm for Spore and get on with FT and AL. Sad

7) I wish that the entire game could run like the hacks here and elsewhere by talented modders.  Your outstanding work has stopped the repetition in the game.

8)More variety in building styles.  Being primarily a builder in the game, I wish that there was more stuff to there to make interesting architecture.

9) Working dormers and other roofing mods in the game.  (like adding Gambrel roofs without a hack, for instance)

10) A way to control the wolves and the strays from coming on to the lot.  I love animals, but the wolves and the dogs constantly digging in the yard is such a drag.

That's all! I look forward to reading other folks' replies.  Have a nice night. Smiley

Edit:  I wish someone would update or continue to work on Woohoo for Macintosh.  It does a fraction of what SimPe can do for PC's.  If somebody who truly likes Macs and the TS2 out there who does "awesomeware" for the game could do something in that vein, I'd be a truly happy lady.  Mac folks need something similar to SimPE.  There simply needs to be something in which Mac Players can do "surgery" and other things to their Sims and game. 

Pretty Please?  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 08:30:24 by CM » Logged
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2008 August 10, 20:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything to get rid of the stupid "stand dates up" gameplay function.  Seriously, one time my Sim was standing outside waiting for the taxi to come and he STILL stood up the date.

If it doesn't tell you the taxi will pick you up shortly, you have to call a taxi yourself. Doesn't that mostly happen on outings and not dates?
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2008 August 11, 01:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an extremely tiny thing that I've always thought would be fixed, but never did:

When two people (let's say, Person A and Person B) are talking, this is the order of the little popups:

Person A: I like toys!
Person A gets a -{} icon over his head
Person B: Sorry, I don't like toys.

I always figured it it would be like this:

Person A: I like toys!
Person B: I dont like toys.
Person A gets a -{} icon over his head

Another one that I'm not sure if they fixed/changed was every Alien Sim was related to a single Alien, thus making everyone related.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: 2008 August 11, 07:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish for death via suicide. Katy actually did an object-based hack for me, for my asylum-challenge, but neutered it by making it non-autonomous. My original parameters were 25% if the following conditions were met: level 2 aspiration desperation, -50 social, -50 environment, for ages teen and up, 'cause 12's can do it, too! Alas non-autonomy was so lame, so were I to want to to work, I would have to click on this fish plus knife- thingy and direct them to commit suicide. 'Wonder what the response would have been to the other part of the request *grins evilly*. Though irrelevant Tongue  as the finished product in my hands-off asylum, I wondered if one could attempt to influence a sim to commit suicide. If they met the criteria and had a +80 STR and +60 LTR or better,  the sim could try with 25% success if accepted, but a 100/100 drop in STR and LTR, and furious, if rejected. 'Cause really, anyone who advises you to kill yourself is ripe for a beat-down.
The other wish I had was none too sweet, either. *shrugs* I wish for Abortion Plus- plus memories good and bad accordingly, 50 hours of significant comfort, social and energy decline, possibly nightmares, with a reduced chance of further pregnancy, family sims' impregnators take a relationship hit, and oh yeah!- prone to influence! Should influence go sour? Bottoming out the relationship entirely to "Break Up."
The possibilities for reality evil are there!
Bwahahahahahahahahah!
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2008 August 11, 07:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't making the suicide option autonomous just require a simple change to the Autonomy value in the TTAB?
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: 2008 August 11, 21:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps, but a person less SimPe-impaired would know where the heck to look for such a thing, and perhaps have tweaked the hell out of the object, themselves; probably would have tweaked the available abortion pills, as well. Wink
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2008 August 11, 22:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Facial asymmetry
Ability to make sims fat..thin, ect in CAS.  I know they're doing that in TS3.  I don't have hardly any interest in TS3 right now and unless there is something I am missing, don't know why it couldn't be added to TS2.
More random death...illlnesses that could lead to death.  Babies & toddlers occasionally die, I don't know...I'm morbid.
Truly evil sims... who want to like...kill other sims and set fires to things...and yeah...
For things sims have experienced in their lives to actually mean something in their future wants/fears and interactions
For the game to recognize family relations outside of so many generations.  It is dumb that it doesn't let great grandparents recognize their great grandchildren or totally skeevy when Uncle Frank is hitting on his niece that for some reason he doesn't recognize is his niece by way of his wife's sister.
Sunrise/sunsets... I liked these with the lighting mod (hated the excessive darkness & brightness so took it out)
More expensive objects... its too easy to accumulate a huge amount of money and not have anything to do with it
Rounded walls
Teenagers to have more 'life events'... where is prom, graduating high school, first date... and little interactions that go along with them
Regular CAS to work like Uni CAS
A way to control sims finances... like setting the prices for rent, water, electricity and then choosing what the sims pay for... or maybe some sims have to pay child support, or alimony ha
A mix up of intelligence levels...there should be some really truly dumb sims...and then some realliy intelligent ones with the average..being well average
Some sort of funeral type deal...it is disturbing that sims cry for a second and then forget.  At least make them depressed for a few damn days that their loved one died, maybe like the mood meter that is enacted when a sim has a miscarriage using Inteen
For the sims to have an adult touch... andI don't mean like the pervy stuff
For the want to fall in love with everybody the sim has ever went on a date with or made out with to be removed.  I hate when this rolls up on dates especially, blocking the cue for actual meaningful interactions with their date.  No, instead they are on a date with somebody, wanting to fall in love with 3 of their previous dates.  They should only want to fall in love with those they have the most chemistry with,  most in common with...something like that.
Aspiration failure needs to actually mean something.  Maybe it could be like motive failure, where they won't want to study/earn skill points if they are depressed, ect
Being able to place things at variable heights on walls...but I thought I read they will allow that in Apartment Life

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 August 24, 18:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some ideas... I'd like to see some fixes for some of these annoyances

The trees in Neighborhood View. Ever since one EP (I think it was Pets), many of the "normal" trees have changed to that roundish green tree that came with University (still in their respective sizes, but with a completely different design). This is annoying and offensive to horticulturists everywhere.

The rocks in Seasons need fixing. In BV, they instead appear as Rocky Rock and Greta Granite (meaning you cannot combine Seasons and BV rocks), and I know that this was certainly not intentional (but they never bothered fixing it  Roll Eyes).

I'd like Sims to actually Smustle in a room with a stereo. I'm sick of crowds of Smustling sims forming in the bathroom, on the street, at the top of the stairs ect. Sims should actually Smustle near other sims and where the freakin' music is playing from!

The annoying "Some expansion packs do not have subhoods associated with this neighborhood" message. I don't mind it appearing once after I install an EP, but now it appears every time and even when all possible subhoods are associated. I'm sick of looking at that stupid red train!

Sims on Owned Business lots have an obssession to constantly "View Many". I seldom ever get actual customers. Instead, hordes of visitors flock to the back of the shop, before systematically moving around, taking their time to deliberate over the pieces of crap hanging on my business' walls. I coul understand if there was a ticket machine on the lot, but when it's a retail business or restaurant, this is something that I just DO NOT WANT!

Another odd thing I hate is how Sims who hate another sim and have a trashy relationship with will actually gain huge relationship increases over time (fairly quickly too) without actually doing anything at all. For example, Daniel Pleasant got caught cheating with Kaylynn. His and Mary-Sue's relationships were completely trashed and they became enemies. Daniel moved out, and one day (quite some time after this) Mary-Sue walked past when he was at home and I decided to let him greet her in the hope of MOAR FIGHT. Instead, they started joking to each other and immediately gained a best friend relationship. I checked the Relationships panel and it was at 60/60, even though I had made both of them practically ignore each other the whole time. This also happens with burglars, who are my sim's sworn enemy, only to become my sim's nearest and dearest friend within a week.

Finally, an Aspiration/memories fix. Ever since FreeTime, I have Romance sims ecstatic at commitment and Fortune and Knowledge sims miserable about it. I have no idea why this is screwed up, but it's something that really needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 19:11:14 by Alex » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 August 24, 20:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trees in Neighborhood View. Ever since one EP (I think it was Pets), many of the "normal" trees have changed to that roundish green tree that came with University (still in their respective sizes, but with a completely different design). This is annoying and offensive to horticulturists everywhere.

If I recall correctly, this was a feature introduced for weaker graphic cards. You could try "boolprop dontMergeNHFlora true/false" to see the trees in full detail. I cannot remember if "true" or "false" does the trick, though, because I never had that problem on my current PC.

Sims on Owned Business lots have an obssession to constantly "View Many". I seldom ever get actual customers. Instead, hordes of visitors flock to the back of the shop, before systematically moving around, taking their time to deliberate over the pieces of crap hanging on my business' walls. I coul understand if there was a ticket machine on the lot, but when it's a retail business or restaurant, this is something that I just DO NOT WANT!

Another odd thing I hate is how Sims who hate another sim and have a trashy relationship with will actually gain huge relationship increases over time (fairly quickly too) without actually doing anything at all. For example, Daniel Pleasant got caught cheating with Kaylynn. His and Mary-Sue's relationships were completely trashed and they became enemies. Daniel moved out, and one day (quite some time after this) Mary-Sue walked past when he was at home and I decided to let him greet her in the hope of MOAR FIGHT. Instead, they started joking to each other and immediately gained a best friend relationship. I checked the Relationships panel and it was at 60/60, even though I had made both of them practically ignore each other the whole time. This also happens with burglars, who are my sim's sworn enemy, only to become my sim's nearest and dearest friend within a week.

"Business runs you" is your friend, and so is "enemiesaccumulate".

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2008 August 24, 22:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rocks in Seasons need fixing. In BV, they instead appear as Rocky Rock and Greta Granite (meaning you cannot combine Seasons and BV rocks), and I know that this was certainly not intentional (but they never bothered fixing it  Roll Eyes).

Numenor has a fix for the rocks included with the CEP.

I'd like Sims to actually Smustle in a room with a stereo. I'm sick of crowds of Smustling sims forming in the bathroom, on the street, at the top of the stairs ect. Sims should actually Smustle near other sims and where the freakin' music is playing from!
Dizzy at The Laden Swallow has a fix for that. He also has similiar fixes for slap dancing and hulaing.

Finally, an Aspiration/memories fix. Ever since FreeTime, I have Romance sims ecstatic at commitment and Fortune and Knowledge sims miserable about it. I have no idea why this is screwed up, but it's something that really needs to be fixed.
Patch Free Time or find the old fix for it at Simbology.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 August 24, 23:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dancepositioner.

Shiny in diector's cut.

Another odd thing I hate is how Sims who hate another sim and have a trashy relationship with will actually gain huge relationship increases over time (fairly quickly too) without actually doing anything at all. For example, Daniel Pleasant got caught cheating with Kaylynn. His and Mary-Sue's relationships were completely trashed and they became enemies. Daniel moved out, and one day (quite some time after this) Mary-Sue walked past when he was at home and I decided to let him greet her in the hope of MOAR FIGHT. Instead, they started joking to each other and immediately gained a best friend relationship.
Enemies accumulate fixes it so furiousness wearing off does not grant positive rel.

Upgrade to FTp3.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 August 25, 11:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both the latest patch and the fix and they seem to have absolutely no effect on fixing aspirations in my game.  Sad

Big thanks for everything else. The tree thing is interesting. I'll try that out and see what happens. Is there a fix for the rocks without CEP though?

EDIT: It didn't appear to work
« Last Edit: 2008 August 25, 18:39:21 by Alex » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2008 August 25, 19:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: It didn't appear to work

My bad - I just found out that the "dontmerge" thingy was meant to fix problems with seing neighborhood decorations from a lot. Sorry Sad

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 August 26, 12:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both the latest patch and the fix and they seem to have absolutely no effect on fixing aspirations in my game.  Sad

Interesting... I have p3 and I just had a Romance/Knowledge sim get married: engagement memory is green, marriage memory is red.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 August 30, 02:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would LOVE to see more aspirations, and World Domination Aspiration?  Heck yes!  Wants and fears would work around getting money and servants, minions, a secret lair?  It would be amazing!

A driving badge would be hilarious.  You'd have to practice regularly, or you are more likely to crash until you hit high end badge status.
And you would have to pay higher insurance (yes, insurance) for no badge vs. bronze, silver would knock off more, and gold would be the cheapest.

Hm, I saw a mod that affected toddler skills vs real life.
1) If a toddler didn't learn the potty skill, the child is likely to wet the bed.  Lovely idea, that one.

But what about the others?  I would like to see more consequences of my lazy parenting...

2) If a toddler doesn't learn to talk, then as children they would have to take twice as long to build charisma skills, makes friends with great difficulty, and/or take longer to do homework/more likely to lose grade points regardless of completing homework.

3) If a toddler doesn't learn to walk, then as children they'd deal with slower body-skilling, awkwardness (side note: do sims even have a tripping animation?), never upping the hidden dance skill, having a fear of stairs, and similar problems.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 03:36:11 by pentabet » Logged

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2008 September 20, 21:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't the Sims 2 originally advertised as being made in a way that if a toddler didn't learn to walk, talk or be potty trained that it actually would affect them later on? I seem to remember that being a feature I was looking forward to.

I have tried the bed wetting mod of which you speak but I removed it because untrained Sims were wetting the bed to often.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 September 20, 23:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kekeke, somebody else necromanced so now I can add my own wish.

When there's heavy snow on the ground, the 'walls down' view will leave the walls slightly higher than normal, so as not to disappear behind the snow. My wish is for this height to be permanent. A little thing really.

I also wish Will Wright would axe-murder the current EAxis employees, but that's a pipe dream.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 September 21, 05:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The permanent extra wall height would bug the crap out of me!

The one thing I'm really wishing for at the moment is for butlers to be more useful...  I mean serving lunch meat sandwiches, TV dinners and cereal - come on!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2008 September 21, 07:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I'm really wishing for at the moment is for butlers to be more useful...  I mean serving lunch meat sandwiches, TV dinners and cereal - come on!

Do you have fresh frood in your fridge? The one butler I've hired so far started making mac and cheese after I'd stocked the fridge with tomatoes. Before that, I got stuff you'd expect from a butler, like salmon or filet mignon.

I'd love a hack that made sims sit down while talking on the phone.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 September 21, 08:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No fresh food at all.  No fish, nothing.

I was thinking the other day when I saw a sim relaxing on their bed that it would be nice if they could then grab their cell phones and chat away while still relaxing...  Sitting down is the next best thing.
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 September 29, 19:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Top of my wishlist has to be a program/hack that allows you to rearrange/delete sim memories and change the colour. I'm fed up of getting bad memories for family sims marrying/becoming a werewolf and a few others. I used to use simPE for this, but with the new version it just takes far too long to load neighbourhoods.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 September 29, 20:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read somewhere that if you tip the butlers, they start making more useful food.

Tribulatio proxima est
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 September 30, 09:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read somewhere that if you tip the butlers, they start making more useful food.

I cannot confirm this - I definitively got the good stuff before I tipped the butler.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: