More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:44:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fears and Wants that don't trigger
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fears and Wants that don't trigger  (Read 25428 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Fears and Wants that don't trigger
« on: 2008 April 08, 03:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there were only a couple of flakey Wants, such as Stay Home From Work, where the game wouldn't acknowledge that you'd fulfilled it.

Recently I noticed that toddlers don't care if they puke, even if they have the fear.  More significantly, the "Eat XXXX" Want doesn't work anymore.  "Learn to Cook XXX" does, but the simpler Eat want, which I know for a fact used to work, no longer does.

I'm currently running the patched version of Seasons.  Free Time is supposed to show up tomorrow.

Anyone else notice other wants or fears being borked?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Fears and Wants that don't trigger
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 08, 03:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WooHoo in the tent does not satisfy the woohoo want, IIRC.  I know it doesn't show up for the first WooHoo memory.  Of course, public WooHoos have always been rather particular, so this might have been predicted, and duly ignored.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 08, 05:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problem with "Eat/Learn to Cook XXX", they always trigger for me. But then, I have NL. I'm clearing out various audio/video project files to make room for the expansion packs. Since I have the same problem with toddler fears that you do, that means it can't be caused by post-NL b0rkage. I think toddler fears are just b0rken, period.

I'm not sure I've seen the generic "Eat" at all.

"Stay Home From Work" only triggers if you call in, as I recall. Missing the carpool won't fulfill it.

Can't think of any others that simply won't trigger, off-hand. Just the ones that are hard to trigger deliberately.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 08, 07:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have everything up through FT, and I'm rather annoyed right now. One of my sims rolled the want to go on vacation, his wife rolled the higher aspiration go on a specific (in this case mountain) vacation. I decided to gratify them, but when they got off the shuttle at their destination the wants were still unfulfilled, and since then they haven't been rolling up most of the normal vacation wants either.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 08, 15:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I noticed that toddlers don't care if they puke, even if they have the fear.

Are they puking from eating pet food?  As far as I understand, that doesn't really count as puking, you just get the animation.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 08, 15:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I fed them rotten bottles.  They promptly puked, but didn't get the fear.

- Gus

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 08, 15:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the pleasure sim/comm lot want to Soak In Hot Tub never fires, too.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 08, 17:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunh. It fires for me. Brionna was obsessed with hot tubs, and one didn't really fit into their home lot. She had one at Dance! (owned community lot). Getting in it triggered the want to fulfill, and it would pop up again soon.

Now, her brother Bastion was also a Pleasure sim and may never have had the want. I don't recall it. He was more of the "Go on Date" type of guy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 08, 17:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'Play Chess' want on a community lot does not trigger for me, but I'm sure that it used to. I'm wondering if this is because lower-skilled sims can only practise chess, not play it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 08, 22:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

talk to relative, did not work when my sim talked to relative on the phone.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 09, 00:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: I installed Free Time (with the crack, since I no wanty InsecureRom), and the "Eat XXXX" worked again.  Which may or may not be related, you know how it is.

Speaking of which, how the heck do you fulfill the "Win Gaming Contest" want?  My started it, another Sim joined in and lost, and then he just went on and on and on playing by himself.  I had to cancel it eventually because it was time for sleep.

- Gus

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 09, 05:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: I installed Free Time (with the crack, since I no wanty InsecureRom), and the "Eat XXXX" worked again.  Which may or may not be related, you know how it is.

Speaking of which, how the heck do you fulfill the "Win Gaming Contest" want?  My started it, another Sim joined in and lost, and then he just went on and on and on playing by himself.  I had to cancel it eventually because it was time for sleep.
I've always thought any of the "Win a Game Against XXX" wants weren't worth it, because they are almost always paired with the equivalent fear, and I haven't seen any kind of predictability. I *think* if the sim with the highest logic makes the last move in chess, that sim wins, but I haven't tested this.
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 09, 05:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game this has never worked on the phone. You have to invite them over and gossip!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 09, 08:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game this has never worked on the phone. You have to invite them over and gossip!
Works for me. I just did it recently.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 09, 11:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought any of the "Win a Game Against XXX" wants weren't worth it, because they are almost always paired with the equivalent fear, and I haven't seen any kind of predictability. I *think* if the sim with the highest logic makes the last move in chess, that sim wins, but I haven't tested this.
The "Win Game" wants are basically worthless because it is impossible to influence who wins, it is entirely random whether there will even be a winner at all. Since the player cannot build any useful strategy around it, it is just slot trash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 09, 11:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the delusion that Logic skill influenced the outcome.  I was just hoping the "no winner" result was because I'd done something wrong, not because the code sucked.

- Gus

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 09, 11:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the delusion that Logic skill influenced the outcome.  I was just hoping the "no winner" result was because I'd done something wrong, not because the code sucked.
Logic influences the outcome in the same way that the flapping of butterfly wings influences central Asian rainfall patterns and the price of milk in China.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 09, 14:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some wants instantly re-roll themselves without fuss, so you need to count aspiration points before and after to be sure they weren't filled.  It had one I was convinced was borked until I checked that. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 09, 16:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only I could actually get the gaming contests to that point it would be an improvement. I had a sim start one and when another sim tried to join she turned on the computer, waited, inserted the cd, waited, then just repeated the cycle over and over. Meanwhile my sim has already been playing SSX3 for about 2 sim hours.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 09, 20:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that game contest via computer is broken and working only for playstation.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 09, 23:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only done one, but it seemed to work okay, in the "computer bar" comm lot that came with Nightlife. Of course the escaped prisoner who wasn't supposed to be there and who'd just sat down won it, but what can you do...
Saylee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 09, 23:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Buy a karaoke machine" never triggers for me (I'm playing with just the EPs up to Pets), and I've had problems getting "Get fit" to trigger for a pregnant sim, though I haven't had a chance to try it with any sims that aren't pregnant.
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 10, 04:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Buy a karaoke machine" never triggers for me (I'm playing with just the EPs up to Pets), and I've had problems getting "Get fit" to trigger for a pregnant sim, though I haven't had a chance to try it with any sims that aren't pregnant.

I've never had "Get fit" trigger, even when locked. Sim does the "sproing, now I'm fit" animation, but no trigger. I stopped bothering to lock it after a while.

Works for me. I just did it recently.

I wish this did work in my game. It's especially annoying at college during winter (I've got a bunch there right now) and all the family members are at school/work.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 10, 06:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish this did work in my game. It's especially annoying at college during winter (I've got a bunch there right now) and all the family members are at school/work.
I could be imagining this, but I think it only works due to an Awesome mod. I don't recall which one...at all.

I don't know why, but I seem to remember when whatever mod this was first came into play, and I'm sure it was many expansion packs ago.

Actually, it may not even be an Awesome mod. Oh, I don't know. Too many years of simming fried me completely.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 10, 06:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only I could actually get the gaming contests to that point it would be an improvement. I had a sim start one and when another sim tried to join she turned on the computer, waited, inserted the cd, waited, then just repeated the cycle over and over. Meanwhile my sim has already been playing SSX3 for about 2 sim hours.

You need a community lot with just computers, and no other fun objects. You get loads of people joining then. I have one, I'll upload it later.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: