More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 06:10:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  game stuck loading lots, but only sometimes...?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: game stuck loading lots, but only sometimes...?  (Read 6003 times)
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
game stuck loading lots, but only sometimes...?
« on: 2008 April 06, 09:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is having a problem entering lots - it just gets stuck on the loading screen - but only sometimes, and it isnt predictable when it's going to happen. Angry

I have just installed BV and FT (never played it with just BV) and its happened since then. i thought it was a hack problem, but i have tested the game without them, and it still sometimes happens and sometimes not. sometimes, the PIP window pops up over the loading screen to show the family, but i cant effectively click it.  Huh

i have also tried removing CC, then adding it back in bit by bit, but still get the problem, sometimes. the only time i dont get the problem is with no CC at all, so obviously (?) it's a CC thing. although admittedly very unawesome in computer skills, i think i have run through my downloads fairly rigourously. i spent half a day on it anyway. i cant possibly play without CC.

i havent added any new hacks since BV and FT, have updated all (I think) the hacks.

it just seems to be a random error? or maybe a conflict with some CC - how do i check that??

also, possibly unrelated, when i start the game up, i sometimes get a message about emulation software being detected, and the game wont start. i dont have any emulation software. this isnt a securom thingy is it?

some awesome help would be awesome. thanks.  Smiley
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: game stuck loading lots, but only sometimes...?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 06, 13:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Wrong forum.
2. Hack conflict detection utility is your friend. Get it [rl=http://www.simwardrobe.com/]here[/url].
3. Have you tried the magic wand?
4. Yes, it probably is a SecuRom issue.
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 06, 13:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

magic wand??
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 06, 13:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the hacks directory.
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 06, 14:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i got it - what does the magic wand do? i can never understand pescado's explanations...
i ran the hack conflict program, most of the conflicts were with inteen, but i have always had those hacks in without a problem.

also,i dont think i do have securom bc i followed li'lbrudder's reply no 32 in the securom thread, and there was no securom when i ran regedit. so i guess i dont have it??? maybe bc i never played BV by itself, only after i had added FT?
« Last Edit: 2008 April 06, 14:44:16 by VirtualAlex » Logged
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 06, 14:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have the latest version of Inteen. It's notorious for always borking things up when a new expansion is released and always needs to be updated as a result.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 06, 18:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just Inteen.  ALL hacks should be checked against their sources for EP updates.  This is exactly why you should keep your CC organised with clear notes about where everything came from.

If your game works without CC, then the problem might appear intermittent with CC because you have more than one borkened hack or object.  It doesn't have to be a conflict per se, just two or more things that affect the same lots.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 06, 18:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i got it - what does the magic wand do? i can never understand pescado's explanations...
Stick it on the lot, save, exit, re-enter the lot.

This technique works better, of course, if you put it down before the crappiness begins...

i ran the hack conflict program, most of the conflicts were with inteen, but i have always had those hacks in without a visible problem.
Fixed Tongue

also,i dont think i do have securom bc i followed li'lbrudder's reply no 32 in the securom thread, and there was no securom when i ran regedit. so i guess i dont have it??? maybe bc i never played BV by itself, only after i had added FT?
If you've ever run either BV or FT from the disc, you have SecuRom. Unless, that is, you have another game that uses an earlier version of it (such as NWN2).
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 06, 22:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check what version you have of CEP, and get the latest one.
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 07, 00:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

latest CEP - check.
magic wand - cant find it in buy mode, but then, every lot is randomly impossible to enter, not just one particular one.
securom - when i get to the part about "uaservice7 /remove" it says command not found - so then i cant have it, can i??
this morning the lot that didnt run last night ran fine, without anything different. very annoying, although one odd thing, she is an adult and couldnt get a job because her grades werent good enough?Huh? something dickie here...
thanks for your suggestions so far - awesome...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 07, 04:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she is an adult and couldnt get a job because her grades werent good enough?Huh? something dickie here...

that is a hack conflict between InTeen and one of Pescados hacks, maybe the petsp0-jobfixes hack. I know it's mentioned over at the InTeen site.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 07, 14:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The magic wand is a collection.  It doesn't show as an iindividual buy item - but only on the collections tab.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 07, 16:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

securom - when i get to the part about "uaservice7 /remove" it says command not found - so then i cant have it, can i??
Yes, you can. I didn't have one of the files either, because I had an old version from my install of NWN2. Make sure you've deleted all the other crap that SecuRom puts on your computer.
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 08, 08:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where do i find the crap?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: