More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:57:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is it Curtains?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it Curtains?  (Read 9079 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Is it Curtains?
« on: 2008 March 27, 03:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I played Freetime everything was fine.  All mods from here were updated and all others I could update.  No problems.  I had a problem with a neighbourhood that wouldn't show in the opening screen and managed to sort it out, which resulted in custom content disabling itself.  When I went into a lot, the adults had vanished and only the children were left.  I teleported the adults in and they obviously knew each other, but they had no relationships with anyone and Inge's TP bush errored whenever I tried to move them in.

When I re-enabled custom content, I could no longer play any lot in either neighbourhood.  All I get is a strange message about the game being unable to pull down curtains.  The error log clearly suggests it has to do with ageing.  The strange thing is, I replaced the entire Sims 2 folder with the original that I'd played with no problems straight after installing FT and I'm still getting the error.  The only new mods I've added today have been the FT update for Syberspunk's Townie Ageing Mod (which I thought might be the problem) and some new mods of Inge's.  Removing them made no difference and they were not in the original Sims 2 folder I replaced, nor were they ever in there. 

Having replaced the entire folder with one that worked fine at the outset, I am at a loss to know what the problem could be.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Is it Curtains?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 27, 03:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The object returning the error is not "curtains", it's "Controller - Lot Load - Curtain Pull-Down", which is probably the part of the game that displays the blue loading screen while it sets up the lot. The actual error is "Invalid constant". It's probably caused by conflict with a hacked object.

Try removing all hacks and CC first to see if it works. I'm guessing all of these are hacks:

Code:
Object Name : Controller - FFS Macrotastics id : 196	Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - AutoSocializer id : 195 Room: -1
Object Name : Phone Call - Sim2Sim - AutoYakYak id : 193 Room: -1
Object Name : MQ_Child_Support_Controller_B id : 192 Room: -1
Object Name : MQ_Child_Support_Controller_A id : 191 Room: -1
Object Name : MQ_Child_Support_Controller id : 190 Room: -1
Object Name : MQ_Child_Support_Controller_Accts id : 171 Room: -1
Object Name : MQ_Child_Support_Controller_Pie id : 163 Room: -1
Object Name : Portal monitor id : 162 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - Squinge - Sell Items id : 161 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - FFS Skillinator id : 160 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - Twojeffs Smart Beds id : 159 Room: -1
Object Name : Dolphin's ControlThisSim id : 157 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - Grow Up Townies id : 155 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - NPC Assign - by Christianlov id : 154 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - NPC All In One - by Christianlov id : 152 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - Common - by Christianlov id : 151 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - Token By Christianlov id : 145 Room: -1
Object Name : Controller - NPC Nanny - by Christianlov id : 23 Room: -1

Probably only one of these, or one I missed, is the guilty party, but try removing everything first, to verify it's not a problem with the *game*. If the game works, then add back half the stuff you removed. Follow the binary search procedure in the FAQ.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 30, 05:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely agree that it sounds like a hack problem.  I assume you've run the HCDU so it would seem likely to me that it's one of those non-awesome hacks which haven't yet been updated.  I'd take out everything but JM's stuff as in my game that accounts for around 50% of my hacks and I would be surprised to find the problem in that folder unless I'd been careless and not updated something, or removed something that needs to be removed.  After that, I'd put things back one modder's folder at a time, starting with the ones I trust most......

Zephyr Zodiac
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 14, 11:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it occur when trying to move a sim/family in?  If so we're having the same error.  I've stumbled accross a work around; disable CC, move them in, save, re-enable CC, quit and restart.  It might be a good idea for us to compare hack lists, narrow down which hack it is causing it...

- ElenaRoan
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 25, 09:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this will help or not, but I tracked down what it was causing my problems (which produced error logs that look the same).  It was my LotFullOfSims hack, obviously it needed to be updated and I didn't realise it...

Hope this helps.

- ElenaRoan
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 25, 09:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this will help or not, but I tracked down what it was causing my problems (which produced error logs that look the same).  It was my LotFullOfSims hack, obviously it needed to be updated and I didn't realise it...

Hope this helps.

Odd.  I have a lot full of sims hack and it works for me.

May all your fears & worries come true.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 25, 12:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to make sure you have the absolute latest LFoS from the inteen site; the on on MTS is pretty outdated, and has been known to cause problems.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 25, 14:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also suspect the Christianlov hacks - are these FT compatible?  And since the error message seems to suggest a curtain controller, I would yank the closeable curtains (pun intended) as well.  I thought I recalled someone else somewhere having a problem with those.

Tribulatio proxima est
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 25, 16:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, you're on a wild goose chase, because the error message doesn't say anything about a curtain controller. Eventually, the people having this error are going to have to do a binary search to find the actual error.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 25, 16:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh - I misread something somewhere then.  Regardless, my general conclusion would be the same - test by removing hacks, modded objects, etc.  That said, my post has now become too boring to be of interest.

Tribulatio proxima est
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 28, 09:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, you're on a wild goose chase, because the error message doesn't say anything about a curtain controller. Eventually, the people having this error are going to have to do a binary search to find the actual error.

Uh...that's what I did...and found it was caused by my majorly out of date LotFullofSims...silly me hadn't thought to update it since Pets.  "Curtain pull down" is referring to dropping the loading screen if I recall correctly...

- ElenaRoan
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 28, 15:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. LotFullofSims is working great (the current version), much to my chagrin.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 28, 23:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a hord of anklebiters? *giggle* that reminds me...I haven't caught up on your tales...*goes to check*

- ElenaRoan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: