More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:43:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?  (Read 16082 times)
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?
« on: 2008 March 08, 06:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is supposed to be a popup box to choose other people your sim knows to age with them right?  I never get this pop up box.

I have a child sim, he knows three townie kids, cloe goganzaga, marsha bruenig and some other random kid. I've tried it with the kids on the lot at a party, I've tried it with the kids off the lot with no party, with cake, without cake.  No pop up box. 

I've tried removing my hacks, then removing the whole darn downloads folder in case something is interfering, still nothing.

I don't know what to do now. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 08, 06:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was only for teens and up?

Thus, with Uni installed, remarkably unhelpful.

iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 08, 06:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other people have said that its children and up.  It makes no sense otherwise since we can already age up teens. Sad  Can anyone here confirm? Can you only age transition townie teens?

Are poor marsha and chloe cursed to be nothing but telephone stalkers forever?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 08, 06:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the option to grow up a townie child when Pauline Aspir grew up from child to teen.  This was in the new 'hood, obviously, and she was BFF with the townie kid.  I also get lists of adult names to grow up when my adults age to elder.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Charlotte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 08, 06:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sim kids age Smiley
I was actually quite surprised since my child sim wasn't friends with 3 out of the 4 kids she knew, but the pop up still came up to say if I would like them to age....

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 08, 07:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aging townies up is foolish. Do you want only Elder townies in your neighborhood?!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 08, 07:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually horribly fascinated by the idea of an aged up Marsha Bruneig. Not that I'll do it, 'cause with the empty templates and all, but I really wanna know if she's still the same, creepy stalker freak when she's older. You know she totally spends all day at the telescope "looking through" at the rest of the neighbourhood.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 08, 07:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe (Epheremeral??)Toast once aged up Marsha in some story. She looked like an Angela Pleasant clone.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 08, 07:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, she is quite sweet as a teen. I've aged all mine up, pre-FT, using Ste's Grow Up Townies hack. I only ever used it on townie kids.

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 08, 07:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one likes Marsha anyway, she should stay the creepy child stalker that she is.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 08, 08:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a pop-up box, it offered me three townie kids to grow up, I picked all three. I've seen one of the teens since and she seems fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 08, 08:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I do get the pop up when doing teens aging to adults.  WTF is wrong with my game?  Why can't I age children?  If anyone can think of anything I should check or do or whatever, please let me know.

** I made some more families and tried this out tonight.  All the other kids that I've transitioned from Kid to teen have gotten the pop-up.  The only thing I can think of that's different between the first kid and the kids who do get popups is that the one who can't age his friends is adopted.  Any possible way that they shafted adopted kids?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 08, 15:19:30 by Perez Hilton » Logged
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 08, 12:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had no problems with this so far, so sorry can't help there, but I did notice when I wanted to send one guy off to college and take his townie girlfriend with him - she didn't show up on the list of townie teens to make households out of? Kind of weird and irritating.

A proud thread pirate.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 08, 15:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how the game picks the list of townies available for aging, since the last sim I had age was given the option to age three sim children he barely knew. *shrug* I didn't age any of them because, well, if I wanted my sims to age up I'd just move them into a house somewhere.

I sing along with elevator music.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 08, 16:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the game views the adopted brat as a townie, and townies can't age up townies. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 08, 18:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the game views the adopted brat as a townie, and townies can't age up townies. =p

Maybe so, but I always thought that adopting a kid was about the same thing as marrying a townie.  Maybe there's some other crazy thing all together different that's borked with this kid.  I guess I could see if other adopted kids will get the pop up or not.  I have aged this kid through to adult and he didn't get the option with either birthdays.  He finally married Marsha and I had to get the Broke kids to age her for me.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 08, 18:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aging townies up is foolish. Do you want only Elder townies in your neighborhood?!

I would image that new kids would be created once you remove one from the pool.  Notownieregen might stop that though.

I haven't used the option yet, but what I plan to do is only age children that my sim has a relationship to.  This way they can grow up together.  I think it's a cute option and better than having your kids be friends with their great great grandparents friends.  How creepy is that.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 08, 19:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used the option yet, but what I plan to do is only age children that my sim has a relationship to.  This way they can grow up together.  I think it's a cute option and better than having your kids be friends with their great great grandparents friends.  How creepy is that.

I've always imagined with each generation that the townie was the child or niece/nephew or granchild of the original townie, named after their relative.  And that the older generation are friends with them as they are friends of the family.  Helps lessen the creep factor - that way a sim doesn't get their first kiss with great-great-grandma's first love.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 08, 20:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get the pop up box either for the children.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 08, 21:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having the same dang townies in a perpetual temporal rift is dull. I age mine, but not through the game, and in a more organized manner so that they are even. They die eventually like playables.

The only unfortunate thing is that I currently have a townie I really want to marry in the family, Bonnie Hendrickson. She frequents Dance! and has this long sort of bowl cut hair, bright red to contrast with the fact that she's black. As a teen, she wore this skin-tight leopard print number. Now, as an adult, she has that white jean, jacket, and leopard print tank top outfit. Both were just what she randomly spun into when she grew up. Unfortunately, though, she started making out with another townie at Dylan and Violet's wedding, and I've caught them at it a few times afterwards. She ages up to an elder in two rounds, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 09, 11:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you age up all the townie kids and have notownieregen, all your sim kids are going to bring playable friends home from school.  If you don't have many or don't want them all knowing each other, think twice about it. 

Puzzling why you didn't get the option for the adopted kid.  Maybe we need another trial of that to see if it is the adoption or not.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 09, 23:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I aged two sims last night:

Adult to elder - had the option to age any three adult townies, even ones he hadn't met. (Part of me wonders if he'll get the option at his next 'transition')

Child to teen - no option. Could be because he didn't know any townie children, though the adult could age ones he hadn't met.

The child in question was the result of the adult's alien abduction, so, not adopted.

Fake edit: And another this morning, another child to teen - this child a product of the above adult and his wife. Still no option.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 10, 00:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two FT-born alien children that are about to age up. Will see what happens there. Will also adopt next lot.

Edit: Both alien children had the option to age up townies.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 01:24:07 by Nec » Logged
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 10, 05:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My second and third adopted children on different lots got the pop up on their birthday.  Now I don't know WHAT is wrong, maybe its the lot?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 10, 17:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, did your alien kids actually know the townie kids they could age up?

I actually used a cake last night to age up Derek from child to teen. He was born pre-FT. No options to age anyone up. He didn't know any townie children, either (just knew a YA and teen...the girl who brought back their runaway cat and some random guy who came over uninvited while she was there to shoot pool). Now, he didn't have a party, so I'm not sure if that's a factor.

Speaking of which, I'm having a lot more uninvited visitors than before. Mostly family members, which is standard, though that even has been odd. I'm having couples come over uninvited. For Dylan, it was perhaps his first night in his house and he'd invited his girlfriend over, only to have his mom show up a few minutes before Violet arrived to look through his trash, then right after Violet showed up (at which point he only got the "Greet Violet" option, not "Greet Everyone"), his dad showed up to do some rather tasteless PDA with his mom. Both then went into the house to watch tv.   Later on, mom invited Dylan over and Violet showed up a couple of minutes later. And no, I didn't do "Invite Household".

Then with the lost-kitty-returner (a favorite dormie who didn't know anyone currently in the house...somehow Evaluous got all the way to PU). She came over and of course was greeted and tipped for her trouble. Stupid cat had left when his father died, despite having high relationships with everyone but the dog. Kitty-returner came in, no problem. Then some random townie came in, uninvited, and joined everyone for pool.

I'm used to townies joining in if there's a wedding at the house, but now it seems that any time I invite someone over, an unannounced visitor comes along at nearly the same time. Could just be sadorandom.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: