More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:57:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lifetime Membership indeed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime Membership indeed!  (Read 7959 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Lifetime Membership indeed!
« on: 2008 March 02, 15:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny thing happened the other day, my tinkering toddler got a membership to the secret tinker lot. (And then proceeded to get memberships to every other lot his array of toddler toys and skills could get him.)

A screenshot:

I'm also not sure why he had a One True Hobby yet, as he'd never done anything to do with science. (He got the 'wow, this is great' message later, when I gave him the logic toy.)

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
Re: Lifetime Membership indeed!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 02, 17:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There... really... should be some way to make sure the kid's of a certain age before he gets a membership. eegh.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 02, 17:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, but knowing Maxis, if you code to stop toddlers from this then you break it for everyone else. Tongue

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 02, 19:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If those want slots are for the toddler, I'd say they look quite wrong.  Have you deleted any sims by any chance?  If you delete a sim via the sim bin for example, their wants data gets left behind and is attached to some future sim who gets allocated the same character number.  For obvious reasons, it tends to show up for toddlers.  Fix it by deleting the toddler's SWAF file in SimPE.

Electric Boogaloo - Deleted 2 is the only safe way to delete sims.  Killing them is much better as well as easier.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 02, 19:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*rubs eyes* How do the want slots look wrong? Seems to me as if he wants to do a lullaby, gain 9 skill in something, be played/read with and grow up well. Normal toddler wants, especially if none of the toddler's parents were on the lot when their new wants rolled.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 02, 19:57:53 by Lythdan » Logged

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 02, 20:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, they look like pretty normal toddler wants to me, too (except for the lullaby, since I haven't installed FT yet).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 02, 20:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten constant messages about sims loosing interest in things i'd swear i never had them start.  I also noticed that sims gain enthusiasum on hobbies while they dream as they dream about tinkering or playing music ect.  No doubt the two of those are connected.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 02, 23:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad someone else has mentioned that, I thought it was my imagination when a sleeping sim got the icon for gaining interest in music and dance earlier today. I haven't deleted any sims without following Deleted 2 though so maybe EA just messed up.

Also I played the new FT neighbourhood for a bit before I put in all my CC and went to play my normal neighbourhood and some of the sims there got their one true hobby highlighted without ever doing anything towards it. Since this happened in a fresh neighbourhood in a game with any hacks or CC it's either a feature or something EA screwed up.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 03, 10:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since FT toddlers have started having slightly more interesting wants.  Before they only wanted to "gain a charisma point" now they want to "reach charisma level 9" and such, which gives a lot more aspiration points.  This means I no longer have to save up one of the big wants, like learning to talk, for right before they age up to get them to platinum.

One of my toddlers got initiated to the secret science society, but it didn't seem too weird since his father was a mad scientist and already a member.  (And yes, I know that had nothing to do with it.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 03, 10:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had toddlers want to "reach x level n" before FT. I'm not too happy about the lullaby want, because it's one more interaction that takes up valuable want slots. I prefer "simple" wants that can be fulfilled fast. Snuggle, speak with, tickle (fulfills also play with) - *wham* platinum and back to skill building.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 03, 13:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that no sims were deleted or had even died yet in this neighbourhood -- though it was the new Maxis one -- this was the first played family, and the first offspring. I also must add that I am loving the 'reach X in Y' skill wants, my toddlers tend to be able to afford the elixir reward before they even become children, it's hilarious. But, this seems to be working as intended.

I did wonder about the toddler who just kept spinning up the old toddler 'gain a charisma point' want after each charisma point gained, but the toddler still had a 'reach 8 in logic' want, so it wasn't like it was going to keep him from platinum.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 06, 13:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Free Time - that's why they didn't look like normal toddler wants to me.  Gwill explained it.  Corrupt memories are going to be much harder to spot now by the look of it.

If those want slots are for the toddler, I'd say they look quite wrong.

Since FT toddlers have started having slightly more interesting wants.  Before they only wanted to "gain a charisma point" now they want to "reach charisma level 9" and such, which gives a lot more aspiration points. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 07, 23:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, as if that wasn't enough...

The toddler can't even use it, but the child (toddler from first screenshot) and parents each had a wish. (Child was able to 'Wish for Peace of Mind', so did, but didn't seem to get any more aspiration points to use.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: