More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:47:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336874 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #575 on: 2008 March 26, 14:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the gypsy, I get the lamp and tons of random townies showing up at my sims' door at random times at night. Ones I've never seen before.
Walk-bys seem increased. I get a family member walk-by nearly every single day, on all of my lots. Sometimes they just barge right in, sometimes they stick around in the yard until either they get bored or are invited in. When I do invite them in, a random townie my sims may or may not know comes in a half hour to hour later, uninvited, and they were not on the lot at the time the family member was greeted.

It's much too frequent to be sadorandomness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2008 March 26, 16:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My train set caught fire.  Shocked

A child was playing with it, and had just started playing when it caught alight. Soon the whole thing was burning and she was, too. I got the fireman in, who put the fires out. The child did not die but her bladder and hygiene were in the red and she had heatstroke. She fainted from heat, peed on the floor and then passed out from tiredness. Fortunately I got her to eat on time so no social worker came.

Sprinklers and fire alarm are now duly installed in the games room.  Tongue

Simwardrobe has a fix to prevent it from catching fire, I believe. Heh, I work at a railroad museum, so some days I wish the model layout would catch fire, but no luck there so far Tongue
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2008 March 26, 16:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the gypsy, I get the lamp and tons of random townies showing up at my sims' door at random times at night. Ones I've never seen before.
Walk-bys seem increased. I get a family member walk-by nearly every single day, on all of my lots. Sometimes they just barge right in, sometimes they stick around in the yard until either they get bored or are invited in. When I do invite them in, a random townie my sims may or may not know comes in a half hour to hour later, uninvited, and they were not on the lot at the time the family member was greeted.

It's much too frequent to be sadorandomness.

I think they're increased, too... I have one of those process-walkbys hacks in (dizzy's, I think) and now I occasionally have pileups of visitors and their pets by the mailbox, so I wonder if the hack is doubling the increased walkbys. Possibly it's just that hack doing its thing, though.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2008 March 26, 16:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that one, but then I'm not seeing a veritable pile-up. Possibly it's hack + new coding.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2008 March 27, 17:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened with me, with a beauty wish.  It happens when the wish backfires.  Fortunately it was only temporary, and wore off after about 4 days.  I read on another forum that all the wishes (apart from peace of mind) have a chance of backfiring.

Thank you for telling me this. I have been going crazy trying to figure out why all these random strangers were showing up at all hours of the day and night, waking up my sims and making me irritable. Backfire on the wish. GOT IT! How I hate EAxis for that! Is there a fix so that the stupid lamp doesn't mess you up?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2008 March 29, 19:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good, I'm glad it works.  Will the toddlers still use the table autonomously?

Yes, both toddlers and children still use it autonomously, but now they play with other toys too.

(Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been AFK this past week.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2008 March 29, 20:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a never ending butterfly spots. Has anyone else experienced this? I have awesome hacks and a few of TJs. I had some butterflys in the way of a building location and sent the sim to catch them instead of just nuking them. Yeah, he caught them, then he caught another jar full and another. He made it to seven jars before I just went ahead a nuked them. This has occurred on several other lots as well.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: 2008 March 29, 20:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think catching the butterflies actually gets rid of them.

Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2008 March 30, 01:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am experiencing a bug when I try to get my Sim to stargaze in either telescope, they start to look through it and then jump back and stop.  I have gotten two messages
saying that I found a new planet. That is all well and good but I was hoping for an abduction and I can't get them to stay at the telescope long enough to build any skill
much less be abducted.
I am also noticing that when my Sims use the exercise bike their temp meter starts to immediately go in the red.  They don't seem to be overheating yet but I was wondering
if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

\"We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked."<br />Monty Python and The Holy Grail
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2008 March 30, 12:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this telescope problem last night, it started happening with the sim I used the Summon Aliens option with, I haven't tried him with a different telescope yet but another sim was able to stargaze on the same telescope normally even while he couldn't so I'm guessing the sim itself is the problem atm.

Noticed the temperature thing too but they never went into the danger zone afaik.
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2008 March 30, 15:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the Summon Aliens option with this sim, I was just trying to get him to stargaze period and he kept jumping back from the telescope. 
I tried it with both of the telescopes that come with the game and didn't have any luck getting him to stargaze.

\"We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked."<br />Monty Python and The Holy Grail
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: 2008 March 30, 16:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the Summon Aliens option with this sim, I was just trying to get him to stargaze period and he kept jumping back from the telescope. 
I tried it with both of the telescopes that come with the game and didn't have any luck getting him to stargaze.

I had that problem with elders trying to use the expensive microscope. Turned out I had a hacked telescope in my downloads (the one that increased by 5x & by 10x depending on the telescope) that was very much borkinated by the Freetime. Check your downloads folder - I found mine in with some poli-techs I'd downloaded.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2008 March 30, 18:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the higher abduction odds hack is that the same as a hacked telescope?
I have the updated for FT version but if that is causing my problem I will delete it.

sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2008 March 31, 11:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a glitch wich can be FT related.
I was building a house with a pool.
When I moved the fountain from OFB somewhere else.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/The%20sims%202/snapshot_54f40a40_d4f40a41.jpg
This happens:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/The%20sims%202/snapshot_54f40a40_d4f40a4e.jpg
The spot were the fountain was, is unusable. I can still place furniture, but no pool.

I exited the house without saving I went back. The spot in the link above was some how fine again. So I placed the fountain somewhere else. Then by accident I pressed the Live mode. Went back to build mode and guess what the second spot were
fountain stood is unusable.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/snapshot_b4f4ec86_b4f4ec88.jpg

I tried the Object Stuck remover it did not work.

Okay, I'm having a simular problem, but I had it with that 'toddler table'-thing... The  toddler table wasn't in use, when I noticed the problem. I wanted to make a sim play with the 'toddler table' When I noticed that I couldn't click on it. So I went to buy mode deleted it (MoveObjects was on at that time)  and got another 'toddler table' and placed it somewhere else. A few minutes later, when I wanted to buy something else, I noticed that I couldn't place anything there (not even furniture)....

(No, the problem is not in my downloads folder)

Anyone an idea on what is causing it? And how to prevent something from happening again?

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2008 March 31, 12:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A(nother) neighbourhood reset occurred last night, Sim-time (about three days ago real time: the 'hood has a lot of families in sync). While most families were in bed since that's when I save and exit, a couple had people up: one of my vampires was sewing and a couple of goblins on another lot were at potter's wheels. This issue occurred with both objects:

When they jumped during the reset, my Sims left their project progress bars behind at the crafting stations, which still displayed as in-use when clicked on. Forcing an error didn't do anything to help. Oddly, I was able to sell them back to the catalogue without moveobjects, so I did that and re-bought them.

Goblins were running under a macro, but the vampire wasn't.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2008 March 31, 13:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem with elders trying to use the expensive microscope. Turned out I had a hacked telescope in my downloads (the one that increased by 5x & by 10x depending on the telescope) that was very much borkinated by the Freetime. Check your downloads folder - I found mine in with some poli-techs I'd downloaded.

Just did a quick check of my mods and I'm pretty sure I don't have anything that looks abduction/telescope related, I'll have to do some testing to be 100% *sigh* here I go again.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: 2008 March 31, 13:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when I looked at them the first time I thought they were just telescope recolours by the way they were named, then I saw the '5x' and '10x' on the file names & realised this was the source of my problem. It may not be the source of yours, but be aware that I didn't pick it up on a search for abduction-related hacks.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2008 March 31, 14:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far it's looking mod related (I'm playing without cc for the most part until the game is more stable) I'll let you know which file is causing the telescope problem for me when I find it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2008 March 31, 15:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when I looked at them the first time I thought they were just telescope recolours by the way they were named, then I saw the '5x' and '10x' on the file names & realised this was the source of my problem. It may not be the source of yours, but be aware that I didn't pick it up on a search for abduction-related hacks.
Yeah, the telescopes that came with Multiple Pollination Technitions (I can never spell that freaking word) don't work with FreeTime. Sad, because they were my chosen abduction hack. Everything else seems a bit too cheaty to me.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2008 March 31, 16:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried playing another house and they could stargaze with no problems. I will have to check the previous house again.

ETA: I have also notice more Its raining/snowing activity again.  Is anyone else having this problem?
I had the hack to fix this I am not sure it is working now.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 31, 17:06:32 by Purplepooki » Logged

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2008 March 31, 16:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infinite sims is reporting that EA put out a patch that fixes get this -- 34 bugs!  However, it is not on the main site, has anyone heard anything about it?  I really can't believe that they got that out so fast!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: 2008 March 31, 19:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infinite sims is reporting that EA put out a patch that fixes get this -- 34 bugs!  However, it is not on the main site, has anyone heard anything about it?  I really can't believe that they got that out so fast!

There is a FT patch in EA Germany.

http://www.diesims.de/files.list.asp?id=583

Patch für Die Sims 2: Freizeit-Spaß - 31-03-2008
Kategorie: Die Sims 2 - Patches

Der aktuelle Patch zum Erweiterungspack Freizeit-Spaß behebt über 30 Fehler im Spiel (eine komplette Liste findest du auf dieser Seite).

The complete list of bugs patched is here. It's in German. Interesting that they finally fixed that forever borked afhairmediumcenterpart hair. Also they claim to have fixed the borked BV seashell collection, so that it works as intended.

I'm not going to touch this patch until a new NoCD comes out though.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 31, 19:30:15 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2008 March 31, 19:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. Must have my no-cd...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2008 March 31, 19:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the higher abduction odds hack is that the same as a hacked telescope?
I have the updated for FT version but if that is causing my problem I will delete it.

No, these are two different things.  I thought there were problems (potentially?) with the hacked telescope (or one of them, if there are more than one).  I use TwoJeffs' higher abduction odds hack for FT and have not had any problems with stargazing or using the telescope.  I use only maxis telescopes.

I use the "Look for UFO" option which seems to result in a satisfactory chance of alien abduction in combination with the hack.  A lot of my sim families seem to be having girls these days, which means that those abducted are mostly female sims at the moment.  Cuts down on alien pregnancies.

Tribulatio proxima est
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2008 March 31, 20:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stargaze_lookT4All_FT.zip-"FreeTime"version.Get Abducted = Summon Aliens and auto for non-playable sims too.Also broken for FT Witness Abduction fixed.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=256614
Also one more bug I noticed with FT it's wrong children animation for stargaze(no stool ,but with stool for look through).
But this bug not provoke any errors and seems no need to fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: