More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:55:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336973 times)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #425 on: 2008 March 10, 04:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting random complaints about the middle chair on the side of the 3 tile table, intermittently.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: 2008 March 10, 09:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband can't add custom outfits to the wardrobe in his game. The option isn't there for him, but it is there for me. Which is strange, we both have vanilla games and identical EP/SP set ups.
I didn't see a reply to this one.  Just wondered if hubby is using a CC wardrobe rather than Eaxian.  New options probably won't show on old CC.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 March 10, 20:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that, my sims will read with their fun meters full. But when they try to read the parenting book, the sim will sit down then jump up and the book will no longer be in her hands. So none of my sims are able to study parenting, no matter what house it is that I tried.

This with maxis bookcases as well? Seems like you have a wonky file somewhere, either a hack that needs updating, a hack conflict or just a badly made bit of custom. I once had a custom sink that caused errors on all the other sinks.

I've only been using regular bookcases. But I suppose I could take out any custom ones that in in my downloads folder. Even if I'm not using them, they're still there to cause problems. Strange that it worked once with a bookcase but then after that, not at all. I also had my sim jump from the desk whenever she tried writing a novel using the desktop. But it's fine if she uses the laptop. I've taken out all my custom computers, but I may have missed one so hopefully that'll fix that too. Naturally, the simplest answers are obvious ones.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 March 10, 21:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at N99 has isolated the problem regarding super-fast dropping motives and no-autonomy:

I have been having trouble with two things in particular. One involves their needs dropping too fast. They will not eat, bathe, use the bathroom until they are in the red - and even then, sometimes I have to direct them to do it or they STILL won't. One thing I did notice, is that even when they are eating a meal, for every tiny bit the meter goes up to the right (filling it), you can visually see it jump to the left (depleting it!). There is definitely a problem with this, and frankly, I think this is one of the most serious game issues I've seen out of any expansion pack. It definitely affects gameplay no matter what you are doing with your sim.

The other problem I've noticed is what I call the "standing around like an idiot syndrome". Specifically, sims will queue up to do something, maybe talk to another sim who is obviously busy (maybe riding the exercise bike), and the sim will stand there forever, never giving up and moving on to something else. The way my game used to play, before FT, was this might happen but within a reasonable amount of time, the sim would either get distracted and move on or would realize this won't happen anytime soon & move on to something else. With FT, they will DIE standing there if you let them. I notice that they even do this THROUGH walls! If they are in one room and another sim is in the adjacent room, they will queue up at the wall parallel to where the other sim is and stand there forever waiting on them. Also, there is an issue with the attraction system where they will follow someone around that they are attracted to even when they are in complete needs failure with SEVERAL things all at once. More times than not, I find all my sims in a household (I've been playing Uni dorms/greek houses), all bunched up outside the front door swooning over some highly attractive sim that has just returned from class. They won't come back into the house/dorm for 6-7 hours, no matter if they are starving, stinking to high heaven, etc.

Anyway, back to my experiment -- I tried playing several households and refused to assign any of the new Lifetime Aspiration Benefits. Guess what? None of those sims had a problem. They function as normal. When they are even halfway hungry, they cook/eat. When they are dirty, they bathe. So, all these newfound problems in my game are definitely tied to the Aspiration benefits. I plan on having all of the ones I had previously assigned use the ReNuYuSenso Orb's "reset lifetime aspiration benefits" feature today to get rid of them (until EA comes out with a patch that fixes this) so my game can function enjoyably again.

My sims haven't been having that many problems. They still can take care of themselves, as well as they used to, at least. They go shower when they are still in the yellow/green, eat, all the usual things.

Also, either it now takes forever to get flower arranging badges or there is something wrong with the lot (the same one). Unless I'm mistaken, it shouldn't be taking several days of constant arranging (enough to max the respective hobby from zero to max) without getting to bronze.

I just thought they always took this long to meet the badge requirements. I'm trying to get my one sim a robot badge and it's at least been a week or so and she's not even bronze yet. She keeps making little toy robots. She's spending so much money on it I just made her go into business.

I kind of like the gyspy bug. Not all my sims get random lamps, but I do miss the old sims 1 lamp. I need my sims to make friends easier, not love. Because it's hard enough to get them to friendship without worrying about the love.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2008 March 10, 23:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: I hope some of you recall the problem I was having regarding not getting tendable (is that a word?) weeds with my vegetables in a greenhouse. I removed the indoorplant fix and now the plants are getting the 'tend' option. So, apparently this was not a bug with the game but a side-effect of the mod.  Undecided  Now I can send my tots to the salt mine to tend the garden to gain badge points.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 March 10, 23:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: I hope some of you recall the problem I was having regarding not getting tendable (is that a word?) weeds with my vegetables in a greenhouse. I removed the indoorplant fix and now the plants are getting the 'tend' option. So, apparently this was not a bug with the game but a side-effect of the mod.  Undecided  Now I can send my tots to the salt mine to tend the garden to gain badge points.

Actually, it's a feature of the mod.  That's one of the reasons why it took us so long to work out what the problem was, as it's not a glitch, it's the mod working as intended.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 March 10, 23:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this after your last post, which you obviously completely ignored. It is the entire PURPOSE of the mod.

Do you know what RTFM means? It means Read The Fucking Manual! I suggest you do that before installing hacks, since you obviously have no clue what their purposes are. Geesh.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 March 11, 00:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm terribly sorry. I did read the description but *thought* that it referred to indoor (as in a house grown with grow lights) plants. I have a few lots with that feature. So, I guess I thought wrong. Again, sorry for the trouble.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2008 March 11, 02:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm terribly sorry. I did read the description but *thought* that it referred to indoor (as in a house grown with grow lights) plants. I have a few lots with that feature. So, I guess I thought wrong. Again, sorry for the trouble.

I thought the same thing. I wouldn't apologize; yelling at people for failing to read the manuals is a competitive sport around here.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2008 March 11, 02:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the same thing. I wouldn't apologize; yelling at people for failing to read the manuals is a competitive sport around here.

I agree. Also, you were yelled at by someone who is supposed to have souped a while back. Just continue ignoring her and maybe she'll go away.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2008 March 11, 02:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The interaction "Paint Grilled Cheese" cannot be resumed if the action is canceled or interrupted. The only option is "Scrap Painting".
That is basically an artifact of EAxis reverting the OFBp2 easel fix back to its broken state, and they NEVER RE-FIXED IT.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2008 March 11, 19:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did EAxis break the grand piano, or is it my game? After installing Freetime the regular piano provides fun as usual, but all my sims with grand pianos are losing fun when they play. The grand piano was working fine before.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2008 March 11, 23:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having trouble with custom lots? I cannot seem to get any of my custom lots to load. If I make in within the game it runs fine, but any lot I download will get stuck in the loading screen forever. I can hear the Sims moving around, flushing toilets etc., but I can't seem to play the lot. Is this like the Pets CAS thing? No pre-FT lots are allowed?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2008 March 11, 23:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having trouble with custom lots? I cannot seem to get any of my custom lots to load. If I make in within the game it runs fine, but any lot I download will get stuck in the loading screen forever. I can hear the Sims moving around, flushing toilets etc., but I can't seem to play the lot. Is this like the Pets CAS thing? No pre-FT lots are allowed?

Have you tried loading the lots with the testing cheats enabled? Perhaps there is an offending object on the lot that can be reset or deleted. I haven't had any problems loading downloaded lots.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 March 11, 23:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a male sim into a mansion that had been made a few years ago (I found the Queen Bee 'challenge' and wanted to know if it was feasible with the Knowledge aspiration perks to do it with a guy) and everything works just fine.

I did serve up a six pack of instant meals one time, and my only guest took the whole six pack and drank it. I took a picture for the lulz (and can't be fucked finding it), but then the plate was unselectable and I couldn't clean it up. The maid did when he came over the next day, though.

I'm playing a very safe game at the moment, too. No violin, no pre-existing sims...it's fun, in a playing-the-grand-piano way.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 March 12, 00:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried loading the lots with the testing cheats enabled? Perhaps there is an offending object on the lot that can be reset or deleted. I haven't had any problems loading downloaded lots.

Not yet, will go and try now. Sigh. Was hoping to avoid long and drawn out. Its every C lot I have right now. Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 March 12, 00:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played my own custom lots, binned pre-FreeTime as well as installed from the package post-FreeTime (still pre-FreeTime created lots) on my test account. All load fine. Sounds exactly like the issue I had several EP ago with some custom no-water flowers. I had to use debug mode and choose delete for all errors, then go into the lot and delete the offending items and resave.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 March 12, 01:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, it gave me a message for which I am clueless (not a rare occurrence, admittedly)

"Object id: 244
name: Controller - Lot Load - Curtain Pull-Down
Stack size: 5
Error: Invalid constant."

I have attached the log. Any clue?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 March 12, 05:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have curtains the sims can close or which close automagically at sunset or something, remove those.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MuseEgo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 March 12, 09:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew my luck wouldn't last, though I'm not quite sure if this is strictly a FT bug, it wasn't doing this before.
I have a strange error occuring on one lot only - a custom lot that didn't come with any CC, but has a jack-in-the-box and a kite in it, not sure where they came from. When I first loaded the lot, my sim started birdwatching and the game slowed down a lot. Switching on debug mode gave me a lot of errors relating to the Climate Controller. I attached the first error log to this post.

So, is this hack related (I checked all my hacks but may have missed something obvious) or a FT issue?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 March 12, 09:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't speak to the errors, but the guy-in-a-box and the kite are toy bench items.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 March 12, 14:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew my luck wouldn't last, though I'm not quite sure if this is strictly a FT bug, it wasn't doing this before.
I have a strange error occuring on one lot only - a custom lot that didn't come with any CC, but has a jack-in-the-box and a kite in it, not sure where they came from.

It's a game issue -- there were discussions here a long time ago (at least a year or more) about custom lots that came with odd objects having problems, and putting weird files in your downloads folder (usually 0 bytes).  Back then it was things like a single toy from a toy box, but no toy box on the lot for it to be associated with.

You can try deleting the two stray items from the lot, leaving the game, and checking to see if you have any 0 byte files in your Downloads folder.  If yes, just delete them, and that may fix the problem. Or, a simpler approach is to use the Clean Installer to scan your Downloads for 'empty package files' (they show up highlighted in light red/pink), and deleting them that way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2008 March 12, 15:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have curtains the sims can close or which close automagically at sunset or something, remove those.

How do you remove something from a lot if you can't get into the lot?I assume SimPe. or somesuch? What I did was remove my neighborhoods folder, etc, un-install FT and then reinstall it and add everything back in, for some reason this unborks the lots, don't know why, but they all work now. However, when I add new ones this will all have to be repeated, unless I can figure out what the underlying problem is.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2008 March 12, 15:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the error pops up when it is loading, hit delete instead of reset. That error will pop up until you have deleted all of the curtains on the lot.  Also, remove the curtains from your Downloads folder.
MuseEgo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 March 12, 21:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a game issue -- there were discussions here a long time ago (at least a year or more) about custom lots that came with odd objects having problems, and putting weird files in your downloads folder (usually 0 bytes).  Back then it was things like a single toy from a toy box, but no toy box on the lot for it to be associated with.

You can try deleting the two stray items from the lot, leaving the game, and checking to see if you have any 0 byte files in your Downloads folder.  If yes, just delete them, and that may fix the problem. Or, a simpler approach is to use the Clean Installer to scan your Downloads for 'empty package files' (they show up highlighted in light red/pink), and deleting them that way.

I'll try that, thanks. Though, I did use the clean installer to install the lot, I always do, and the only file was the lot itself.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: