More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 07:33:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336888 times)
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #50 on: 2008 February 28, 11:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I found is when you tell a sim to "make many" of something on the sewing machine or pottery wheel, about 95% of the time, they'll only make one.
I noticed that too, but then I realised my sim didn't have enough money to make any more.

The boy living in the Bell household has a LTW. I thought it may have been hack-related, but I installed the game vanilla on my laptop and he still has it. My own CAS created kid doesn't have a LTW.

ETA: The toddler in in the Aspir household has a LTW too.  Huh She also changes hairs like morriganrant had said.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 12:14:59 by squish » Logged
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 February 28, 12:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some CC installed (all but a couple of twojeffs hacks were awesome), and I wasn't getting bronze/silver/gold talent badges from the sewing machine and pottery wheel.  I removed the CC from my directory and voila, bronze sewing badge.  Any idea which specific hack could be causing this?  Because I can't bear to live without all my hacks and would like to put all but the offending file back.  Smiley
EDIT: It's one of twojeffs's hacks.  That bastard.

Which one?  I thought the Young Adult fixes did need updating.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 February 28, 13:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play the game with a variety of hacks from the FT-directory plus the NoNPCrevert from MTS2 and everything works fine.  Smiley

The first thing I found is when you tell a sim to "make many" of something on the sewing machine or pottery wheel, about 95% of the time, they'll only make one. The other problem I noticed with the sewing machine is after the sim was done sewing something, they'd jump out of the seat and if I tried to have them sew something else, they'd complain and have a chair in their thought bubble, so I guess they couldn't sit in it? If I sold the chair and bought a new one, it would fix it, but it's rather annoying.
I cannot confirm somthing like this. My Sim produces several "Topflappen" (being German I do not know the translation) in a row without interrupt.

I also noticed the new badges take ridiculously long to earn. Like I had one sim work in the garden while another one was sewing, and the gardening sim got his silver badge before the one sewing even got a bronze badge. And I had another sim on the potting wheel for 3 sim days straight with no badge. (I used MaxMotives)
I noticed that too. I vaguely suppose that only the first minutes sewing the Sims get talent points. Maybe stopping after some minutes and restarting sewing speeds up the accumulation of points?  Huh

I've had tons of queue dropping and every time it happens, my sim will jump and their plumbbob will disappear for a second. It's really annoying since I have to tell them to do things one thing at a time, and lots of times I have to tell them to do things like 5 times before they'll do it for longer than a second.
Never encountered that phenomenon. Guess, it must be a conflict with some hack or other game modification...  Undecided

I've also seen lots of graphical glitches. Like in fall, there will be floating leaves like the ones that normally fall, only they just stay in the same spot in mid-air.

This happend already before FT. Fortunately those leaves dissolve after some time.

Another one I got was when my sim with the nature hobby was bug collecting, tons of bees surrounded him. I guess it's supposed to happen. They stayed for like 10 minutes (real time) but the problem is, they didn't fully disappear. There were these almost invisible but not fully. They followed him everywhere and even stayed while he was in the shower. I took pics of the ghost-like bees:
Ok, that must be really annoying.

I'm also getting the bug where when a sim comes home from work, they lose around $30,000, instead of getting paid the amount they're supposed to.
I read in another forum that the Insimenator is responsible for this bug. Never using the Insim., I cannot prove whether this is true.

There are also some previous bugs returning like the bedside problem that happened in BV, but was fixed in the second patch, well, it's now broken again.
Sorry to say, but it was never fixed by EAxis, not even with the 2nd patch.  Wink

raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 February 28, 13:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure that the sewing badge isn't working as programed? My sim had to make exactly 25 potholders to get her bronze badge, which is a lot of pot holders  Undecided But its the same as for the other badges (which is why cash register-ing takes so long but gardening goes pretty quickly).

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 February 28, 13:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Topflappen [lit. Pot-rag] is a "pot holder" in what I presume is US speak, or an Oven Cloth in chef-speak, or and Oven Mitt in colloquial Brit Speak.

Just wanted to observe that I had 3 different sims chased by bees immdetiately after a short bug hunt. That could very quickly become tedious.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 February 28, 14:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few that I noticed straightaway:

Any pre-made sims LTW changes after install without choosing a secondary aspiration.

All of the walk-bys are in their PJs.

Queue dropage.

I also have graphical issues now. A few of the items are semi-transparent now. A few right off the top of my head are the matress in the crib, the dj booth, a couple of chair frames...

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 February 28, 14:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what's happening with badges
I used toy bench and pottery weel
I got bronze badge after 50, 25, 28 toys(all the time the same sim with no skill points
I got bronze badge after 25, 28 normal plates, and 10, 7 broken ones
Do broken ones even contribute to badges and if not why?

EDIT: maybe I was wrong about 50, now numbers seem to be around 25, but not exactly, different each time
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 15:02:27 by blackcat » Logged
quasim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 February 28, 15:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillbuilding with the Thinking Cap on is becoming exceedingly dangerous. One of my sim-teens with a LTW of maxing out 7 skills just lost one point, EACH time when she wore it. Even with totally maxed out Aspiration Sad

The "Summon Aliens", which should work with any standard telescope, doesn't work at all for my (previously abducted) teen.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 February 28, 15:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dining out looks like it's been re-borked. Although bogarting a free lunch is now a lot easier. Just came out of  my all-purpose comm-lot and noticed there were abandoned lobster dinners  at three unoccupied tables. While I watched a  visiting sim who had ordered received a meal and then got up and left without touching the food.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 February 28, 16:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I found is when you tell a sim to "make many" of something on the sewing machine or pottery wheel, about 95% of the time, they'll only make one. The other problem I noticed with the sewing machine is after the sim was done sewing something, they'd jump out of the seat and if I tried to have them sew something else, they'd complain and have a chair in their thought bubble, so I guess they couldn't sit in it? If I sold the chair and bought a new one, it would fix it, but it's rather annoying.
I cannot confirm somthing like this. My Sim produces several "Topflappen" (being German I do not know the translation) in a row without interrupt.
The majority of the time my sims will actually make many when told to make many. But occasionally I have queue dropping mid-throw (both are into pottery) and occasionally they will stop after one piece. I haven't tried the other crafting hobbies. My testers are crafts/cooking and sports/nature/crafts.

I also noticed the new badges take ridiculously long to earn. Like I had one sim work in the garden while another one was sewing, and the gardening sim got his silver badge before the one sewing even got a bronze badge. And I had another sim on the potting wheel for 3 sim days straight with no badge. (I used MaxMotives)
I noticed that too. I vaguely suppose that only the first minutes sewing the Sims get talent points. Maybe stopping after some minutes and restarting sewing speeds up the accumulation of points?  Huh
In Fall, my tester took the equivalent of about 30 hours of pot-throwing to get bronze. In FALL. Ridiculous.

I've had tons of queue dropping and every time it happens, my sim will jump and their plumbbob will disappear for a second. It's really annoying since I have to tell them to do things one thing at a time, and lots of times I have to tell them to do things like 5 times before they'll do it for longer than a second.
Never encountered that phenomenon. Guess, it must be a conflict with some hack or other game modification...  Undecided
This happened to me without hacks. Still happens with DC, but not quite as frequently.

Last but not least. Is anyone seeing birds? I'm trying to figure out if missing birds is a bug (my graphics cards rocks everyone's socks) or false marketing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 February 28, 16:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, haven't seen the birds either.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 February 28, 16:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Topflappen [lit. Pot-rag] is a "pot holder" in what I presume is US speak, or an Oven Cloth in chef-speak, or and Oven Mitt in colloquial Brit Speak.

Just wanted to observe that I had 3 different sims chased by bees immdetiately after a short bug hunt. That could very quickly become tedious.

Thanks for the translation, i was having trouble figuring out what the fuck a pot holder was. I thought it was some weird macramed holder for a pot plant to hang from the ceiling in.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 February 28, 16:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't you Australian floopyboo? I wonder if the word "pot holder" is a regional thing then, because I (also Australian) use 'pot holders'. They're different to oven mitts. Oven mitts being the glove you use to take hot things out of the oven, and a pot holder is just a little padded square you just fold over the edge of the hot thing to grab it (the pot holders in game looked like the padded squares to me, anyway).
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 February 28, 17:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are kids and toddlers now supposed to have LTWs as well or is it just my game Roll Eyes?
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 February 28, 17:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are kids and toddlers now supposed to have LTWs as well or is it just my game Roll Eyes?
I posted about that on the top of this page, so no, you're not the only one.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 February 28, 18:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen birds either. I believe that one was one of the ones I called in the pool, if we want to get technical I think that I said that it would be because of graphics though. On that note, I made a vague prediction about things that were in pictures not being in the game.

Am I the only one who can not "play" with the wolves? My sim is stuck with a want that he seems to be unable to do. He can play with whatever random dog walks as can his family, but neither he nor any other member can "play" with a wolf that wonders by and I've seen 3 different ones to test this.

I have a vanilla game of all but body shop items. I spent several hours before and after FT install making sure of this.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 February 28, 19:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the translation, i was having trouble figuring out what the fuck a pot holder was. I thought it was some weird macramed holder for a pot plant to hang from the ceiling in.

Whereas I always imagined it was some kind of tea cosie for pots, to keep their contents warm.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 February 28, 19:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geniune curiosity: So what do you non-Americans call them?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 February 28, 19:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oven glove. A pot holder is a crocheted thing to hang pot plants in. Totally crap and 'seventies'. My nan has one in her bathroom that I think she made herself years ago.

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 February 28, 19:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oven mitt = a full hand cover for using when taking hot containers from the oven

pot holder = a square piece of quilted cloth to take pots off of the stovetop in case of hot handles;
can also be used to set hot pots on the table to avoid damaging the table
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 February 28, 19:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. We [Americans] use oven mitt too, but those are the ones that look like mittens. Pot holders are just really thick fabric squares.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Morigale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 February 28, 19:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever a child sim uses the telescope, instead of producing a footstool and standing on it, they just kind of twitch a bit and then levitate to the height they'd be if they had a footstool.

The 'Chance cards every day' glitch is back. In three days in this family, I've had four chance cards. The police officer wife got two of the same card two days in a row, then on day three the cat (a stunt double) got a chance card and immediately after the police officer got a different chance card. I selected an option on the first police chance card and the cat's chance card, so that doesn't seem to stop them. They're supposed to be RARE, dammit! (I suspect that this never really went away and was fixed by a MATY hack that just hasn't been updated for Free Time yet.)
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 February 28, 19:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An oven glove, or oven mitt, is a insulated mitten that's usually worn in the kitchen to protect the wearer's hand from hot objects like ovens, stoves, cookware etc. Oven gloves can protect the hands against heat for short periods of time. Fabric gloves consist of heat insulation surrounded by cotton fabric, usually consisting of decorative patterns. Newer oven gloves are made from silicone instead of fabric, which makes them water and stain proof

pot·hold·er     
/ˈpɒtˌhoʊldər/ [pot-hohl-der] Pronunciation Key -noun
a thick piece of material, as a quilted or woven pad, used in handling hot pots and dishes. 

from: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=potholder

Smiley

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 February 28, 19:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we're on the subject of actions being dropped, I've noticed that my sims simply cannot tinker with anything for more than a few seconds, even if I haven't tried to assign anything else. Has anyone else noticed this? It kind of seems to ruin the point of tinkering if they only do it for about two seconds.  Undecided

I sing along with elevator music.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 February 28, 19:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oven glove. A pot holder is a crocheted thing to hang pot plants in. Totally crap and 'seventies'. My nan has one in her bathroom that I think she made herself years ago.

actually that's called macrame, not a potholder  Wink

mac·ra·mé     
/ˈmękrəˌmeɪ/ Pronunciation Key
[mak-ruh-mey] Pronunciation Key
-noun
1. an elaborately patterned lacelike webbing made of hand-knotted cord, yarn, or the like, and used for wall decorations, hanging baskets, garments, accessories, etc. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/macrame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: