More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 20:03:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't think this would get you a dream date...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't think this would get you a dream date...  (Read 40695 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
I don't think this would get you a dream date...
« on: 2005 October 20, 12:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a recently divorced romance (take note of that!) sim, Justin Goth-Bayfield. Very recently divorced. He's now on the rebound, I think. I had him ask a sim out, and she rolled the typical date-wants: dine out with Justin, sing karaoke, slow dance, etc. Justin rolled these wants, shown in order of appearance:

Everything is normal here except that he wants to marry the mailwoman, while also fearing marrying the mailwoman. Note his date is not the mailwoman. His date is the blonde sim, Tara Lovejoy.

After fulfilling one of the normal date wants, Justin now wants to marry Jennifer Burb. He also fears it.

All righty, then. Fulfilled the karaoke want, and now we want to marry the mailwoman and Jennifer Burb, do we, Justin, honey?

And after fulfilling the "kiss Tara" want, the next logical step would be making out with her . Or you could marry the mailwoman, Jennifer Burb, or Angie, a sim you haven't seen in ages. Whatever.

Could somebody please explain this to me? LOL
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: I don't think this would get you a dream date...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 20, 12:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the game is struggling to revert this sim to the TRUE meaning of romance...?

Let the Beast inside you free!
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 20, 13:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he is on the rebound then maybe he is just very upset about the breakup and confused, much like in real life.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 20, 13:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In spite of his fears of marriage - this sim SHOUTS to you - "I want to get married, no matter with whom!".

The last wishes don't have a marriage fear in them - this guy is hungry for a wife, he doesn't want a date...Smiley.

My opinion is, that he was very happy when being married, and wants to return to the previous condition - being married.

I had a romance female which wanted a baby, without showing fear of babies. The fear of babies appeared in her pie queue only when she got elder and couldn't get pregnant anymore. I gave her 5 kids...Smiley.

Anyway, no matter what you decide to do with him - thanks for sharing it with us...). I'll appreciate if you continue to inform us about this sim - I already like him...Smiley.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 14:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty simple, he

1.  wants a girl to hang out with, Tara looks good
2.  wants wife to stay at home to cook and clean, anyone will do
3.  fears wife finds lipstick on shirt and makes a fuss, that would be bad
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 15:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny Brynne, I've never seen a sim roll up wants to be married to 3 different sims at the same time. After reading your posts, why do I get the feeling my sims are boring?  Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 16:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I've never seen this before, either.  Of course, as I have Justin in my game in another incarnation (as it were), I am most intrigued by this situation.  Bearing in mind that most Romance males make better husbands & fathers than Family Sims, I suppose that explains it a bit. I think you are going to have to let the poor guy marry the most suitable of these ladies.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 16:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could have him as a "Hollywood" sort of sim who marries numerous times throughout his lifetime. Can't wait to see all the juicy details. Wink
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 17:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the only one with Romance sims rolling up some pretty bizarre wants.

Although since I don't have Uni I can still only have 4 wants for my sims, Leo's four wants were almost always cluttered with things like that.

It seems like the way the programming's set, is that once a sim is either very close to or in love with another sim they want to get engaged to them, and sometimes they don't even bother with the engagement want, just roll up the marriage want.  And I've seen a couple of other aspirations that haven't rolled up either.  In fact, I've seen more rolling up engagement and marriage wants with my Romance sims than with any besides family so far.

Leo had five girlfriends and during the course of his dating them he rolled wants for engagement for everyone of them, and did get engaged to one of them.  Then when he'd be dating the others he wanted to get engaged to them, too.  I don't think he understood he could only be engaged to one sim at a time.  LOL

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 17:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that some Sims are no longer getting the engaged want.  I had one couple on a date and although the female wanted to get engaged to the male, the male just wanted to marry the female.  She's Knowledge, he's Family.  They got engaged on the date, but she didn't roll-up the get married want.

They were at Uni then and they moved into a new house together after graduating.  The Family Sim continued to want to get married, but the female Knowledge still hasn't rolled the want to get hitched.  When she arrived at the new place, what she actually wanted to do was woo-hoo in bed, so I satisfied that for her.  She enjoyed it so much, she immediately wanted to do it again. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 17:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the fact that Justin is perma-plat has something to do with it? I remember JM (I think!) saying that one reason romance sims seem to make the best grandparents is because they've already fulfilled so many of the romance goals. Justin is by no means a grandparent, but he does have 5 kids (all with the same woman. A rarity in my game!) and he reached platinum as a teen.

Gali, I had Justin divorce his wife because they married before NL and have no chemistry. That and the fact that she kept wanting to flirt with Daniel Pleasant and one of my other male sims. She wasn't good enough for Justin. Wink Anyway, I think you'll be happy to know that he is engaged to Jennifer Burb, now. They have 3 bolts for each other, and are very cute together! Justin is one of my favorite sims (he's the son of my original romance stud, Joe, and Bella) so I promise to keep him happy and well-fed.

Cabelle, Justin's father is working on that "hollywood sim" role lol. He's on marriage #3, and has kids by 4 different women!

Muisie, I agree. It looks like he wants to have his cake and eat it too... 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 17:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When she arrived at the new place, what she actually wanted to do was woo-hoo in bed, so I satisfied that for her.  She enjoyed it so much, she immediately wanted to do it again. 

One of my family sims , Giles Kimbrell, is going through this right now. One "woohoo in bed" want right after another. His poor wife, Samantha (who is Justin's sister, btw)  is exhausted! They also had 6 kids, one after another, lol.

I'm waiting for Justin to have the want to marry Jennifer again before I get him hitched. Of course, with him being romance, that may not happen, so I may have to go ahead and let them get married. Just because I said so.

How cute is this- this is his current wants panel:

He wants to be best friends with his neice and talk to his two nephews and his sister! Awwwwww...
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 17:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, he really is a good looking sim (please don't shoot me, I didn't say I had the hots for pixelated person! lol), you should clone and upload him somewhere.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 17:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already sent him to AncientSim, so I've had the request, before! He's pictured in many threads on this forum. And what's wrong with having the hots for a pixelated person? Justin is hot!

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 18:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sims that are just plain hunky, no matter how you slice it! LOL  I'd say about 90% of the sims I've created in BodyShop have gone by the wayside, but I have a handful that I just keep reincarnating in one capacity or another.  Then there are those that are produced genetically that I make copies of and put back in other neighborhoods either as Townies or playable.  I keep thinking at some point I really ought to get tired of these old sims but I never do. LOL

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 18:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One nice thing about my style of playing with aging off (I just carry the Bayfield family through all kinds of situations. Justin is an off-shoot of that, through Joe's affair with Bella) is that I don't have to turn them into wrinkly stooped over sim-elders. I enjoy AllenABQ's (did I get that name right?) custom skins on my adult males too much for that!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 18:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One nice thing about my style of playing with aging off (I just carry the Bayfield family through all kinds of situations. Justin is an off-shoot of that, through Joe's affair with Bella) is that I don't have to turn them into wrinkly stooped over sim-elders. I enjoy AllenABQ's (did I get that name right?) custom skins on my adult males too much for that!

Oh, I can't play with Aging Off for very long.  I LOVE my elder sims!  They're so much fun, especially as grandparents, and they generally get into a whole love-related wants thing with their spouses.  Maybe part of my thing with the grandparents is that my own kids were fairly deprived of theirs when they were quite young.  My mom passed away when my oldest was 3; my dad was with us until this last winter but we didn't get to be with him as much as I would've liked; my husband's dad was an absolute control freak who wanted nothing to do with his grandkids and completely monopolized hubby's mom.  He passed away about a year-and-a-half ago so my kids (ages 19, 16 and 7) are just now getting to build a relationship with their only surviving grandmother.  It makes me a bit sad when they die, but at the same time it's like parting with someone in real life:  they've had a long, fulfilled life so that knowledge is comforting to me.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 19:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How cute is this- this is his current wants panel:

He wants to be best friends with his neice and talk to his two nephews and his sister! Awwwwww...

Where did you get his sister's hair?  It looks cute.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 20, 19:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that some Sims are no longer getting the engaged want.  I had one couple on a date and although the female wanted to get engaged to the male, the male just wanted to marry the female.  She's Knowledge, he's Family.  They got engaged on the date, but she didn't roll-up the get married want.

They were at Uni then and they moved into a new house together after graduating.  The Family Sim continued to want to get married, but the female Knowledge still hasn't rolled the want to get hitched.  When she arrived at the new place, what she actually wanted to do was woo-hoo in bed, so I satisfied that for her.  She enjoyed it so much, she immediately wanted to do it again. 

Most of my sims don't get the engaged wnat period, for someone or just in general, and i've only had one or two marry soemone specific wants in a while, the family sims will usually roll the generic get married want even when they are engaged, it drives me nuts!

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 20, 19:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got elders in my game; Joe's parents are very much alive, and they do the grandparent thing well. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like elders. I just play my game more in real-time (except for the 72 hour pregnancies, 3 day infancy, etc.) so that when they reach the adult stage they don't have to age until I want them to. When I first got the game a year ago, I started with my Bayfield family, with Gregory and Maryann as the parents and Joe and his brother Gary as their children. Another brother, Jeffrey, was born later. I played Joe and Gary with aging on until they reached adulthood, at which point I turned aging off. Their parents transitioned into elders once Joe began having kids. My game is basically centered around this family, and these characters and all kinds of interesting scenarios. Sure, many of Joe's offspring look the same age as Joe, but I don't mind. After all, this is a game where the men can be abducted from looking through a telescope, then impregnated. And now we have vampires. To me, the non-aging is just another fantasy-world element. It's kind of nice, because each sim gets a real sense of history.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 20, 19:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you get his sister's hair?  It looks cute.

http://www.pronupsims.net/ page 7 of the hairstyles

edit to add:
I am currently on a downloading spree at pronupsims. Thanks, rainbow! Tongue Now I won't get anything done!
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 19:47:03 by Brynne » Logged
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 20, 21:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that looks AWESOME!!!  Thanks for the link, Brynne  Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 20, 21:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, those are gorgeous.
edit to add:
I am currently on a downloading spree at pronupsims. Thanks, rainbow! Tongue Now I won't get anything done!
Hehe, don't blame me for your lack of willpower. Wink  I am not forcing you to click on all those pretty hairstyles!  I'm going to have to go back and grab some more soon...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 20, 21:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I do have a sim wedding to plan...so I am being productive, after all! I can rationalize anything.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 20, 21:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I do have a sim wedding to plan...so I am being productive, after all! I can rationalize anything.
There you go. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: