More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:06:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't think this would get you a dream date...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't think this would get you a dream date...  (Read 40899 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: I don't think this would get you a dream date...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 20, 23:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just added another billion outfits to my sims' wardrobes. Way to slow your game down, Brynnie!
I have a question. It's off-topic, but since I started this thread, I won't get mad at me. And it's not important enough for its own thread. Here goes:
Why do the male sims sometimes wear an engagement ring and sometimes not? I thought it was dependant upon who proposed. If the man proposes, the female gets the ring, and vice versa. That's what the cinematic shows, anyway. But Justin proposed to Jennifer, and they both have sparkly rings. Looks kind of bling-blingish on the men, if you ask me. When Joe proposed to his current wife, he also wore an engagement ring. But most of the time, the men stay ring-free if they do the proposing. Why is this? Anyone? 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 20, 23:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's kinda cute, for sims, that is.  But if you find out, let me know cuz I've been wondering that too.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 21, 06:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you get his sister's hair?  It looks cute.

http://www.pronupsims.net/ page 7 of the hairstyles

edit to add:
I am currently on a downloading spree at pronupsims. Thanks, rainbow! Tongue Now I won't get anything done!

Oh great..now I am going to have to shut down my game so I can go on a downloading spree..lol

Pertaining to the original topic..my romance sims will now roll marriage and engagement wants for sims they are in love with.  I only catch them doing it on dates though...not any other time.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 21, 18:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run into Knowledge sims who basically get stuck on the learn-learn-learn thing and popularity sims getting stuck on the friendship thing.  (I end up using the flirt>check sim out and ask>do you like what you see? to re-roll wants frequently when it's a date with anything other than romance or family.)  Maybe it's just because Romance sims are so stuck on the whole love thing they bring up those engagement and marriage wants.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 21, 18:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run into Knowledge sims who basically get stuck on the learn-learn-learn thing and popularity sims getting stuck on the friendship thing.  (I end up using the flirt>check sim out and ask>do you like what you see? to re-roll wants frequently when it's a date with anything other than romance or family.)  Maybe it's just because Romance sims are so stuck on the whole love thing they bring up those engagement and marriage wants.
But the weird thing is that Romance sims usually fear commitment of any kind--engagement, marriage, having babies.  Mine started rolling a fear of getting engaged to a sim they just fell in love with (I think it was after I installed Uni), and engagement and marriage carry a red background signifiying a bad memory.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 21, 19:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  I know.  And now what I'm seeing in Romance sims is that when they have a crush on a sim they're afraid of getting engaged, then the next thing I know it turns to love and they WANT to get engaged.  I wouldn't mind seeing this once in a while, after all it can make an interesting story arc.  But consistently isn't any good. 

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 21, 20:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What makes it difficult is when they have a want to marry a particular sim while simultaneously having a fear of marrying that same sim. Damned if I do, damned if I don't! Since Justin's gotten engaged to Jennifer, he hasn't rolled any fears of marrying her, so that's good.

When I had Justin's father, Joe, propose to his current wife, it was pretty funny. Marina was a romance sim at the time, and the cinematic played with Joe down on one knee, Marina gleefully accepting the ring, big hug, then as soon as it cut back to the game, she dropped to the floor flapping her lips in aspiration failure! I felt bad for my poor Joe. I decided it would be best to change her to a pleasure-seeker. She still has the three bolts with Joe with that aspiration. 
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 21, 20:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always wondered why, if a sim has a fear of engagement or getting married they even accept the proposal!   Roll Eyes

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 21, 20:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they'll accept it happily while creating a bad memory and aspiration point loss! I would think Romance sims would also occasionally protest a little when instructed to propose. I mean, when I tell them to flirt suggestively, they yawn at me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 21, 21:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they'll accept it happily while creating a bad memory and aspiration point loss! I would think Romance sims would also occasionally protest a little when instructed to propose. I mean, when I tell them to flirt suggestively, they yawn at me.
I don't get that either.  Why would a Romance sim yawn at being instructed to flirt?  They get all excited when I tell them to make out.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 21, 21:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get that either.  Why would a Romance sim yawn at being instructed to flirt?  They get all excited when I tell them to make out.

I think it has to do with their personalities, like how a shy Sim will whinge about tickling someone or telling a dirty joke. Outgoing Sims like to goose their lovers, but the other flirty stuff is too boring for them. I started a list a long time ago (I was really bored) of what actions each personality type liked and disliked, I don't think I ever finished it though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 21, 22:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and mean sims will complain about giving somebody a hug. I've been seeing that a lot lately, I've had an influx of mean sims in one of my neighbourhoods.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 22, 00:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My outgoing romance sims yawn at flirt suggestively and kiss hand, I've noticed.  Some of my grouchier, and probably less playful, sim-teens (haven't tried with the adults), throw a mini-fit if told to "bust a move". But they do it, anyway!

The reactions I always thought were funny, pardon my going off topic again, were when the adults  are in the middle of something and a child or teen has an accident. The adults rush through to finish whatever they were doing so they can lecture the child. It's like they're on high-speed, or something. I've had adults spring up from naps to lecture a child. Looks weird, though, because they stand up in the couch.   
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 22, 03:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep--it would be nice if their wants matched their personalities.  I always just LOVE the family sim who has a want to 'play' with their child and you tell them to do it and they look up at you and point at themselves as if saying, 'Who me?  You must be outta your mind!' then with shoulders hunched go ahead and carry through.  Roll Eyes

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 22, 05:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be a lot nicer if Sim wants matched personalities a little more closely, but again, I'm for anything that makes them less predictable and more interesting.

I've discovered you can easily train a Sims to want whatever you're willing to give them which sucks because whatever you do in the beginning to make them happy will be the only thing they ever seem to want.

I tried a little experiment on twins. Gave them identical personalities and aged them to toddlers with 8 days of toddlerhood. Each was potty trained, taught to walk and talk immediately, put into Inge's escapable cribs, then left.
Sage was put in a room with no doors, spilled chocolate, a supply of smart milk, a potty and a xylophone. Seth was left in the family room with chocolate, tickled, talked to, snuggled and read to by his parents in alternating shifts. Sage ended up spinning endless wants for creativity skill points until this was maxed, then logic, then charisma. For social, I gave Sage whatever interactions she did not 'want'. Once maxed, she wanted to grow up well, the rest of her wants blank. Seth continued to spin interactions with his parents.
They both grew up well, and the first thing Sage wanted was to gain a body skill point, then cleaning, then body, then cleaning... maxing out all skill points in a couple days. Seth wanted to make friends and talk/play/be read to by his parents.
It was relatively interesting for a while, but just confirmed my fears that the game is too easily predicted. This is probably why my Knowledge Sims are more interested in socializing and woohooing than learning, I'd been encouraging social.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 22, 10:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...that's very interesting. And probably explains why some of my family sims are obsessed with their spouses and some are obsessed with...other sims' spouses.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 22, 10:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've discovered you can easily train a Sims to want whatever you're willing to give them which sucks because whatever you do in the beginning to make them happy will be the only thing they ever seem to want.
That's what I've found.  You can change a sim's wants over time too, though, not just by how they were in the beginning.  I've had some CAS sims, townies, and Maxis pre-made sims who spun up the usual wants for their aspiration, like fortune for example, and they were boring until after a while they started to spin wants having more to do with the sim I'd paired them with, if I was consistent about it.  Even though they'd still spin wants for buying stuff, they would spin wants to do stuff with their SO sometimes.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 22, 11:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, but it really takes the fun out of it when you have to train variety. I like the toddler stage. Everything is just so cute and adorable, except for those annoying wants.
be talked to by dad, now talked to by mom, now tickled by dad, now tickled by mom, oh, mom come snuggle me, dad, your turn, mom, stop dinner and read to me, dad? your turn, ooh, finally I want a skill, oops, now I've wet myself, and am ready to pass out and even though mom is still holding me, she's going to put me down so everyone else in the house can take a grab at me until I pass out on the floor.
Finally, you can proceed with your own lives, oh, but stand with hilarious worry faces for a few minutes first. Then lose interest and wander off, don't worry
I'll wake up just in time to re-interrupt everyone and when I'm refreshed, I will respin the alternating parent things so that my whole toddlerhood is wasted.

ok, so it's not quite that bad, but I'd like them to want interactions from one person and not necessarily a parent. I'm sure I've seen 'be snuggled by grandparent' in SimPE, so why don't I see it in game? Or maybe that's a child interaction, but have I even seen that?

I prefer single parents and putting them in a room in a race to build skills. I've even put off potty training until their last day because a diaper change is quicker than multiple trips to the potty and baths... heh heh

Perhaps I'm just getting bored, I've been on a feral child kick lately and have been setting parents as townies and abandoning toddlers and children.... it's fun for now...and they learn to become efficient very quickly.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 22, 13:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, but it really takes the fun out of it when you have to train variety. I like the toddler stage. Everything is just so cute and adorable, except for those annoying wants.
be talked to by dad, now talked to by mom, now tickled by dad, now tickled by mom, oh, mom come snuggle me, dad, your turn, mom, stop dinner and read to me, dad? your turn, ooh, finally I want a skill, oops, now I've wet myself, and am ready to pass out and even though mom is still holding me, she's going to put me down so everyone else in the house can take a grab at me until I pass out on the floor.
Finally, you can proceed with your own lives, oh, but stand with hilarious worry faces for a few minutes first. Then lose interest and wander off, don't worry
I'll wake up just in time to re-interrupt everyone and when I'm refreshed, I will respin the alternating parent things so that my whole toddlerhood is wasted.

ok, so it's not quite that bad...

Oh, it sooo is!  Grin

Meh...
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 22, 16:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zeljka, great info.  Thanks for posting, and if you've done any other interesting experiments, please write 'em up for us!

This confirms what I've been posting since Sims 2 first came out.  People complained about romance Sims in particular always rolling up romance wants when they were married.  But I found that if you treated a Sim as if it were a different aspiration, it would get the wants of the different aspiration.

The first family I ever made had a CAS knowledge Sim wife and her romance townie hubby.  He was inside studying to fulfill his knowledge wants (for a job promotion in this case) while she had romance wants.  So I sent her outside to let her flirt with the grocery delivery lady.  In her undies.  Then I had her skip back inside, which just seemed somehow appropriate. Smiley  And the grocery lady got a crush, while my Sim didn't. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 23, 15:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One nice thing about my style of playing with aging off (I just carry the Bayfield family through all kinds of situations. Justin is an off-shoot of that, through Joe's affair with Bella) is that I don't have to turn them into wrinkly stooped over sim-elders. I enjoy AllenABQ's (did I get that name right?) custom skins on my adult males too much for that!
for a pixelated person Justin is hot.and thanks for the pronup sims link I downloaded some hairstyles there. like you IIve been on a downloading binge lately. but I did discover I had four download folders all exactly the same  today after trying to figure out why know matter hom many times I removed downloads I never use they were still in my game.I deleted  3 0f the 4 identical download folders in the game andthen deleted stuff I never use and discovered my computer liked that Idea. I recovered actual disk space went from 49% available to 59% available

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 23, 18:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to tackle that, myself. Instead, I provide a link for pronupsims which sets me off on another downloading bender...
It'll never stop. I need help.
I have so so so many hairstyles I will never in a gazillion years use. And looking at them, I wonder what made me  download them in the first place. Some are atrocious. The creator must have done some photo-editing to make them more appealing as a download, because in the actual game they look like mishaps with a weed-whacker. I'd post pics for examples, but that wouldn't be very nice of me. Tongue

edit: I'm not referring to pronupsims. They have very nice hair.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 23, 19:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to tackle that, myself. Instead, I provide a link for pronupsims which sets me off on another downloading bender...
It'll never stop. I need help.
I have so so so many hairstyles I will never in a gazillion years use. And looking at them, I wonder what made me  download them in the first place. Some are atrocious. The creator must have done some photo-editing to make them more appealing as a download, because in the actual game they look like mishaps with a weed-whacker. I'd post pics for examples, but that wouldn't be very nice of me. Tongue

edit: I'm not referring to pronupsims. They have very nice hair.
I need help too I actually googled to find more download sites LOL and I wish I had Justin in my game.he would make for some gorgeous sim babies in my neighborhood.I did get som playboy clothing for my sim females out the google search like I really neede more clothes for my sims NOT  Wink

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 23, 20:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually in the middle of yet another download binge, myself. AGAIN.
My name is Val, and I'm a downloadaholic.
Justin makes very nice looking children. He has 5, so far. I also had Joe and Bella (his parents) have more kids because Justin and his two full-sisters are so purty. See the thread about Don Lothario's 9 adopted children. LOL 

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=899.msg32947#msg32947
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 23, 20:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually in the middle of yet another download binge, myself. AGAIN.
My name is Val, and I'm a downloadaholic.
Justin makes very nice looking children. He has 5, so far. I also had Joe and Bella (his parents) have more kids because Justin and his two full-sisters are so purty. See the thread about Don Lothario's 9 adopted children. LOL 

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=899.msg32947#msg32947
My Name is Darlene. I saw that thread and rolled with laughter the Idea of Don with  9 kids was Hysterical. has Don survied or has he snatched himself bald headed yet?I am a downloadaholic as well the problem is I only have a 40gig hard drive  for the moment . Im gettting ready to buy a 200 gig hard drive to replace the 40 I currently have.Funy when I bought this pc 2 years ago $0 gig seemed huge  now Im screaming for a bigger hard drive LOL. I just put in a gig of Ram replaced the ram I had when I got the base game I jumped to 512 mb  and now woth nightlife I am jumping  to 1 gb.my desktop came with 256 mb 2 years ago

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: