More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:33:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The stupid trees are back!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The stupid trees are back!  (Read 20228 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The stupid trees are back!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 14, 02:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I think that because TSS's objects are contained within its own packages, which host redundant information, that redundant and obsolete information maybe overwriting "good" BV info.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 14, 02:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BV.  I have TSS.  I have no tree problem.  I'm running from the BV exe file.

Don't recall patching either seasons or BV, but I could be wrong.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 14, 07:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running from BV exe. Patched.

Trees are gone in my game and I didn't do anything but clear groups.cache.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 14, 12:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, Groups.cache is always a good source of evildoing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 14, 12:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any tree problems (and I have all EPs and SPs install), but I've been afraid to place any maple trees ever since the problems originally occured, so I might not have any in my hood.  (I don't take Maxis' word for fixes.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 15, 00:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed teen style and I have my first tree problem, but then I also had a crash (PC crash - not crash to desktop) which resulted in missing sims from newly installed occupied lots, a cat that thinks it's a sim (looks really bizarre trying to climb into bed), a female sim with a male voice and none of the Pets community lots in the lot bin!  The lot debugger has not helped; I think force error on everything actually helped convince the cat it was really a sim. I suspect my problems are self-inflicted because I didn't re-install base game starter after adding Pets.  I'm heading off to use Inge's brand new simPE and see what I can fix.  I've also deleted groups.cache and I'll report if that fixes the tree problem  Good thing it's a test hood!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 15, 23:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed teen style and I have my first tree problem, but then I also had a crash (PC crash - not crash to desktop) which resulted in missing sims from newly installed occupied lots, a cat that thinks it's a sim (looks really bizarre trying to climb into bed), a female sim with a male voice and none of the Pets community lots in the lot bin!  The lot debugger has not helped; I think force error on everything actually helped convince the cat it was really a sim. I suspect my problems are self-inflicted because I didn't re-install base game starter after adding Pets.  I'm heading off to use Inge's brand new simPE and see what I can fix.  I've also deleted groups.cache and I'll report if that fixes the tree problem  Good thing it's a test hood!

Yup I had that happen to with one of my cats after a crash.  The crash borked my entire hood.  Luckily simpe was able to at least open the neighborhood file to extract everything.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 16, 03:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to reinstall  BV and I had the tree problem again--  it said that everything was up to date but i tryed to install the Season's patch anyways and it accepted it and the trees were fixed.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 16, 12:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Inge's SimPE, I've cleaned up after the crash and deleted most of the sims that went missing.  I've nuked everything the lotdebugger finds as well including attraction markers and all the gossip in the entire 'hood.  I bulldozed the lot with the tree problem too.  I can see the trees on the 'hood screen, where the lot used to be but I can't select them to move or delete them.  I bowed to the inevitable and placed the new version of the lot somewhere else.  I have error logs about the cat if anyone wants them.

I haven't installed BV.  I'm running off the Seasons .exe patched.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 17, 21:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wandering trees are just a case of EAxian coders reading too much Tolkein. They aren't maples, they are Ents.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 18, 02:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No way, Ents are bright. Maples are too stupid to get out of the street.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 December 18, 02:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No way, Ents are bright. Maples are too stupid to get out of the street.

You think an Ent can outrun a car? Well, I mean, if you piss them off sufficiently, maybe, but still.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 December 19, 09:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that Teen Style Shit is simply a massively buggy pack, as when injected into a BV game, it will overwrite parts of BV's code with legacy code from Teen Shit, thus reintroducing bugs and errors.

It is not entirely clear how to resolve these issues, as they're endemic. Recommended course of action at this time is to deinstall it. I have limited capability to research the issues, as I don't have this pack!

What if you install the stuffpack(s), and THEN install BV? I am generally in the habit of waiting to buy and install stuffpacks until an EP that I want comes out. I install the stuffpacks before the EP, due to the weird name-changing phenomenon that sometimes occurs with stuffpacks. Would such a procedure prevent TSS from buggering BV?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 December 19, 09:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It doesn't matter what order you install them in, the problem is that Teen Shit pretends to be a higher bit than BV, and this apparently causes problems. You'd have to wait until the next Real EP comes out before it would be safe to install.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 December 22, 00:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat! I wanted the pretties. Oh well. I guess I'll be waiting until Free Time the next Lies and Propaganda comes out becomes real.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 December 23, 12:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem in my game. The tree moved each time I exited lot to visit business, and it left after a few days. I don't have TSS though just BV. However I am completely unawesome so it's probably some sort of karma.

Do I just delete the group.cache file to clear it? Or do I have to do some strange doohikery in SimPE?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 December 23, 19:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I just delete the group.cache file to clear it? Or do I have to do some strange doohikery in SimPE?
You just need to delete it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 December 27, 08:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly OT: Why, exactly, is the BV patch a VBT? I assume it broke more than it fixed, like the first Pets patch, but I'd like to know exactly what it broke, so I can decide for myself if the benefits outweigh the risks.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 December 27, 08:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV Patch updated ScrewuROM. This was a bad thing. Those issues have since been ironed out by third-party fixes.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 January 17, 22:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW: It's not just maple trees.  Roll Eyes I just had a phantom birch tree spring up in the middle of the living room.

Deleting group.cache didn't help, either. Grrr

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 January 18, 04:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't you souped yet?

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 January 18, 16:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't you souped yet?

How many times do I have to tell you that I don't soup?  If you want rid of me, Ban me. Otherwise I'm just here, minding my own damn business, not even taking part in Moar Fight. Have you degenerated so far that someone can't even get game help here anymore?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: