More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:50:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An Asylum Challenge Conundrum
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An Asylum Challenge Conundrum  (Read 8968 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
An Asylum Challenge Conundrum
« on: 2007 December 04, 17:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to restart my Asylum Challenge this week due to the original neighborhood I had becoming a BFBVS.

So in Matyhood Redux last night,  just after maximizing the logic skill while looking through the telescope, JM was abducted by aliens. Due to there being eight sims on the lot, of course he won't be able to give birth (nor has he produced even a pregnancy bump).

The problem I have is this: Should I install a hack (such as Lotfullo'sims, although I can no longer find it on MTS2) that allows JM to pop out his alien spawn (even though the challenge clearly states that babies are NOT allowed and of course, hacks aren't allowed in the challenge either) or should I let him suffer in his pregnant state and not allow him to spring forth his progeny until the end of the challenge?

Either way it seems that the Asylum Challenge has been ruined (although obviously alien abduction is completely out of my control). Undecided

Ideas and/or opinions, please.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: An Asylum Challenge Conundrum
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 04, 17:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he pregnant? If there are already 8 sims on the lot and you don't have an increased household size hack then there shouldn't have been any baby chimes or possibility of resultant green spawn.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 04, 18:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, come to think of it, no chimes. I just ASSumed he was pregnant. Embarrassed

I plead ignorance. This was the first alien abduction I have ever seen in my game other than the scripted one in Strangetown.

Edited to get rid of extraneous letters.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 04, 18:58:57 by KellyQ » Logged

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 04, 18:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he pregnant? If there are already 8 sims on the lot and you don't have an increased household size hack then there shouldn't have been any baby chimes or possibility of resultant green spawn.

Sorry to disappoint, but eevilcat is correct. In an unmodded game, if there are 8 sims already on the lot then an abduction will not lead to pregnancy.

ISTP
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 04, 18:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, he got probed, "Just for practice."  Cheesy

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 04, 18:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LotFullofSims by Jordi isn't working with BV and was slightly tempermental with Seasons, so Jordi pulled it. There's a hack I use from MTS2 called LargerHouseholds by 5th LMNt. It works with BV, but you have to take it out before sending anyone on vacation or it errors into oblivion. Not really a huge deal, but if you are running a lot of huge houses, potentially annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 04, 18:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmn, I'm still running with Jordi's mod and have households larger than 8. I thought it was only the marry functionality that's borked and you get around it by having the sim move in first.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 05, 06:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as I installed BV, I couldn't get my Ghetto Superstar family (now abandoned) to get another baby. No "try for a baby" option, didn't work from the tombstone either. That's when I was using Jordi's. You can take out either hack and still have households with more than eight sims, you just can't have more babies and, I believe, move in sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 05, 07:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked and it's still working for me. I've got a household of 11 of which both Flamingo's and Witch's sons just moved back in after graduating. They also still have the try for baby option available and another couple in the household had a baby just after they moved back in. I've sort of moved away from having massive households and most of the rest of the Alphabet legacy lots hover around 8 sims but I do like the option to be available. I'm not sure where my version of Jordi's mod came from - I think he has had his stuff somewhere other than MTS2 for while.

Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 05, 12:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not having any problems with Jordi's mod either. But I'm going to go check again now, just incase I got a one-off.

EDIT: Well, after testing, it appears it still works. Using InSim, I got my test Sim pregnant with quads, twice, making 9 on the lot. I then made someone in CAS who could join the house, making 10. Then I got her in bed with another Sim and Try for Baby is still there.

Looks like the problem's on your end, Zazazu.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 05, 13:44:35 by Lyra » Logged
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 05, 14:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that bv fixed what seasons broke in lot full of sims - I've got full functionality back. I take it I need to back that hack up then? righto, time to go mail it to myself.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 05, 15:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to save while the abductee is away in the ufo, so if something happens and I don't get a pregnancy, I have time to address it.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 05, 16:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay me. Grr, I really liked Jordi's better, too, and can't get it since it's been pulled (hinthint).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 05, 16:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay me. Grr, I really liked Jordi's better, too, and can't get it since it's been pulled (hinthint).

I'm too nice.

LotFullOfSims.package

Also attached, just in case Jordi doesn't mind Wink

* LotFullOfSims.package (0.79 KB - downloaded 258 times.)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 05, 16:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't have BV installed since it only succeeds in crashing my computer regardless of whether or not I am running a vanilla game or one with mods/downloads. I'm running all EPs except Pets (and BV obviously) and all stuff packs except Holidays.

I did have Jordi's mod but I apparently deleted it at some point in preparation for BV or something. I had looked at the LargerHouseholds mod on MST2 but I am leary of using a mod by someone who I had never heard of.

Anyhow, after playing the Asylum Lot last night I see that eevilcat was correct; JM is not showing any signs of being pregnant, he was merely probed for "practice" as Jelenedra said. Cheesy

edited to add: Ohh, thank you Lyra!

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 05, 19:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Lyra. I had the mod, and it was running as advertised in my game. But my computer took it down with it. That was one of the little here and there mods that I could not get back, because Jordy pulled it.

It was running as it should in my now dead and gone neighborhood, Zazasu. I never use the marry option without move in first anyway. It's a personal preference.

I just finished installing all the TS2 stuff, but for some reason my userstartup.cheat isn't working. Dammit all to blazes, I'm doing it the way I did it the first time around. Why, oh why isn't it working now?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 05, 19:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished installing all the TS2 stuff, but for some reason my userstartup.cheat isn't working. Dammit all to blazes, I'm doing it the way I did it the first time around. Why, oh why isn't it working now?

Just some guesses:
1) make sure you can see filetype suffixes and ensure that the .txt suffix is not appended to the filename.
2) try re-ordering the lines of your .cheat file: put boolprop cheats first, followed by intprop cheats (this seems to work for me, although I might be dreaming it) The "moveobjects on" line never seems to work in my userstartup.cheat file.  I always have to enter it manually.

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 06, 02:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jolrei. I just finished getting Zazasu's cheat-sheet in the other thread. the 'moveobjects on/off' is usually best if aliased, I think. Zazazu has it that way too.

It was the .txt extension. That was quite silly of me. I blame the snow, because I can't think of a good excuse. I had that feature un-ticked on my old computer, but completely forgot about doing it on this one. I'm loving my new computer. It plays everything like a charm. I can see fish in the ponds, the water is blue, not grey, and I can hear sim-footsteps. I wonder what else I'll find out that I never knew existed.

For the first time I can play Oblivion on the higher resolutions. Fabulous, absolutely fabulous.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 December 06, 03:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent - Sounds like a nice computer.  I might go the laptop route myself soon (if my wife keeps using this one for her music composition software for hours on end).  I mean, how dare her work get in the way of my gaming!  Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: