More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:08:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction  (Read 50260 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction
« Reply #75 on: 2007 December 10, 05:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are lucky not to get tazed!
Would you LIKE this to happen? I COULD make the cops show up and start tazing people.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2007 December 10, 05:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I'm all for making the sims more realistic.  Tongue

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 December 10, 06:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you LIKE this to happen? I COULD make the cops show up and start tazing people.

HELL YES!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 December 10, 06:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you? Cheesy

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 December 10, 11:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes I do.  The electrocution animation would work fine for a tazed sim.  Also could this be made as a random event like the burglar except with slightly more regularity.  Also can I request that the cops laugh whilst tazing?
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2007 December 10, 13:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so warm and fuzzy that my comment is causing such wonderful creative juice for the community.  Wink

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 December 10, 17:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes I do.  The electrocution animation would work fine for a tazed sim.  Also could this be made as a random event like the burglar except with slightly more regularity.  Also can I request that the cops laugh whilst tazing?
Plus, any sim on lot who dislikes the sim being tazed should get a relationship gain to the cop. This'd be lovely.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 December 10, 17:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so warm and fuzzy that my comment is causing such wonderful creative juice for the community.  Wink
That's just the tazing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 December 10, 19:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seat me squarely in the pro-tazing camp. That would be a gleefully welcome addition to my game Smiley

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 December 10, 20:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, who puts stereos outside? You get the cops called on you if you party into the early morning with a stero going. Because stereos are loud.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 December 10, 20:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, who puts stereos outside? You get the cops called on you if you party into the early morning with a stero going. Because stereos are loud.

We had speakers outside at the house I grew up in. It was on a pretty big plot, and our closest neighbors were always invited to our parties. Also, the only music my father tended to play really loud was Vivaldi.

Frat and sorority houses at MSU also regularly had stereos outside when I went there. They also regularly got the cops called on them, but they never learned. Tazering would have helped.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 December 10, 22:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Floormates of mine my freshman year were blasting their stereo in the middle of the day and got the cops (the real ones, not campus security) called on them. Turned out they were smoking copious amounts of pot as well. Having daddy on the Board of Directors doesn't help much when the CPD gets you for possession on campus.

Grin

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2007 December 11, 13:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowledge sims should probably like it and roll wants to be tazed.

And of course tazing should make the sim hate the cop in the short term, but in the long term the relationship will shift to positive as they realise it was for their own good.  Like the relationship with a burglar.

My sims end up with the stereo outside because I usually play with small houses and there's no room inside for dancing.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
sluggo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 December 11, 16:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frat and sorority houses at MSU also regularly had stereos outside when I went there. They also regularly got the cops called on them, but they never learned. Tazering would have helped.

MSU... never learned.. Uh.. isn't that  redundant?
millahnna
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 December 11, 19:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding that old twins food thing; does anyone know what the source of that rumor was?  I swear it was something that came from a  game developer which was why it was given so much credence by the community long after experimentation proved it untrue.  I only have the base game and Uni but I thought I read that some food thing has been or is being added to one of the EPs.  Perhaps the company goon was referring to something that wasn't in the game yet at the point the rumor started?  In any case that one always bugged me because of the non-awesome stupidity it unleashed on the various Sims 2 message boards.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 December 11, 19:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MSU... never learned.. Uh.. isn't that  redundant?

No, "fraternities", "sororities" and "never learned" is redundant. Kind of like "UM" and "snotty brat with no real campus".

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 December 11, 19:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'd like it once, or they would want to see it happen to someone else, like they do with electrocution.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 December 11, 21:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding that old twins food thing... I thought I read that some food thing has been or is being added to one of the EPs...

There was an interview back in the olden days where it was outright stated that a pregnant sim could find that eating "certain" foods increased chances of having twins, after which everyone started swearing it was cookies. No, spaghetti. No, some other damn thing. Then the pre-publicity for OFB announced definitively (backed up by the Prima game guide, so it *had* to be true  Roll Eyes) that eating cheesecake during pregnancy would cause Twins. All well and good, only EAxis forgot to activate the cheesecakey code when OFB shipped, so that part had to be included in a later patch. But finally, yes Virginia, there is a twin-inducing food.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 December 11, 21:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was due to the normal convolution of conversation lines that happens during chats. Someone asked "Is there any way to increase the odds of twins?" and then someone said something about bribing Maxis to get some feature included, and a Maxoid said "I like chocolate-chip cookies." So immediately the sheeple decided that eating cookies guaranteed twins and proceeded to test it. To no avail, since it was false.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 December 11, 22:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, then people sent their pregnant simchicks off to eat cookies (or whatever the theory-food of the week happened to be) in droves during every pregnancy, so when one of them happened to produce twins, people started to cite the one time in 587 tries that it just happened to coincide as "No, really, it works! I have proof!"

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 December 11, 22:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember trying to explain how statistics works (very basically) to people on the BBS back then. They didn't get it.

sluggo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 December 12, 01:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, "fraternities", "sororities" and "never learned" is redundant. Kind of like "UM" and "snotty brat with no real campus".

Well, yeah... That goes without saying.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 December 12, 01:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember trying to explain how statistics works (very basically) to people on the BBS back then. They didn't get it.

I would probably have fainted if they did get it. What a mess that stupid 'twin' thing was at times. Sheesh.

Thanks for the heads up with the borked stereo. I thought it was more EAxis crap. The game audio seems terribly wonky.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 December 12, 02:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So true. Tazing really is fun! I've developed a hefty resistance to it as a result.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 December 12, 03:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So true. Tazing really is fun! I've developed a hefty resistance to it as a result.

Thanks a bunch for the image that just flashed into my head, featuring Pes, Mrs. Pes, and a cattle prod Tongue.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: