More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:43:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction  (Read 50263 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Myths, urban legends.... and alien abduction
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 01, 15:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no zombies. Their walk drives me nuts.

Bigfoot? I didn't even know he could become romantically involved. I didn't get to play all that much before I was forced off. I don't think I like the idea anyway. Unless it's just a guy disguised as Bigfoot, and he can take the big hairy suit off.

Wait! Where's Jolrei?

* veilchen cracks up

ETA:

Of course plant sims can become pregnant.  That's how most users learned that the one in Seasons is black.

What do you mean? I'm confused. Do you mean the prototype is a #4 skin sim? I thought this was the prototype.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=230572

« Last Edit: 2007 December 01, 17:01:26 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 01, 17:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could the skin colour be random in each hood?

Bigfoot? I didn't even know he could become romantically involved. I didn't get to play all that much before I was forced off. I don't think I like the idea anyway. Unless it's just a guy disguised as Bigfoot, and he can take the big hairy suit off.

Wait! Where's Jolrei?

* veilchen cracks up

LOL@Veilchen

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 01, 17:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigfoot is not supposed to become romantically involved, but unupdated hacks have weak-checking on this and can sometimes allow it as a loophole. Strangetown has nothing special about its alien abduction odds, other than the prescripted Vidcund abduction.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 01, 18:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no zombies. Their walk drives me nuts
I have 25 (in Dark Side of the Moon, Queen's Cove has none). All the Seasons/BV bin sims, plus the garden club. They're virulent, too. I also have incredibly odd indigenous creatures. Ex:

Wheebo, here, is actually the most normal-looking.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 01, 18:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could the skin colour be random in each hood?

Wait! Where's Jolrei?

* veilchen cracks up

LOL@Veilchen

Oh, honestly!

* ROFL *

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 01, 18:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, I just have to go and see if you have stories about that hood. Virulent? I thought zombies were just generally pissed off, slow as molasses, boring sims.

Cheesy to Jolrei

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 01, 20:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends if you have the zombie apocalypse hack Veilchen. My hood has an increasing zombie population, as the current zombies eat the brains of the non-zombies. Simwitch had her first zombie fight the other night, I was so glad she won because I had decided I would not alter any fight outcomes by making sims normal again and I so did not want to play myself as a zombie.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 01, 21:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigfoot? I didn't even know he could become romantically involved.

He/she can't.  No romance whatsoever; hence the inablilty to reproduce.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 02, 00:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends if you have the zombie apocalypse hack Veilchen. My hood has an increasing zombie population, as the current zombies eat the brains of the non-zombies. Simwitch had her first zombie fight the other night, I was so glad she won because I had decided I would not alter any fight outcomes by making sims normal again and I so did not want to play myself as a zombie.

I disabled the apoclaypse in my one hood for exactly that reason.  I was just starting the population out, and nobody was fight trained, and all of a sudden the one zombie in the hood had quadrupled the population in one sim-afternoon.  I could see all my poor skill-less sims falling in less than a week.

Is there a way to have a zombie killer in game?  That way, the apocalypse could end when either all normal sims were turned to zombies, or all the zombies were dead (er, more than they are already, I mean).

Tribulatio proxima est
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 02, 01:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some guns at Paladin's Place. You can kill the zombies that way.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 02, 04:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course plant sims can become pregnant.  That's how most users learned that the one in Seasons is black.

What do you mean? I'm confused. Do you mean the prototype is a #4 skin sim? I thought this was the prototype.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=230572

No, not the Ideal Plant Sim... what's her face, the playable plant sim lady that comes with Seasons in the new neighborhood.  Rose?  Players were having her "try for baby" with her white husband and got black babies.  There was some confusion (at the TSR forums, not here of course) until someone tried the obvious and learned that if you turn her back to normal she's got skin #4.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 December 02, 04:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, I just have to go and see if you have stories about that hood. Virulent? I thought zombies were just generally pissed off, slow as molasses, boring sims.

Cheesy to Jolrei

I put up a short one mid-afternoon. Only one zombie fight so far, but then they are pretty much confined to the house and I don't let them greet them. Luckily, all my zombies but two have absolutely no body points. Jaden can trounce them easily. His wife might not be able to, depending on which one attacks.

Thanks for the link, kutto. I'm going to want that eventually!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 December 02, 04:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not the Ideal Plant Sim... what's her face, the playable plant sim lady that comes with Seasons in the new neighborhood.  Rose?  Players were having her "try for baby" with her white husband and got black babies.  There was some confusion (at the TSR forums, not here of course) until someone tried the obvious and learned that if you turn her back to normal she's got skin #4.
It's the implicit racism that assumes everyone is white until proven otherwise.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 December 02, 04:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the implicit racism that assumes everyone is white until proven otherwise.

I used to see that way too often in the Sims 1.  I made furry sims and I would categorize them as whatever skin color was the best match for the hands, in case the head wasn't immediately put with the right outfit.  I quickly learned that if I got a complaint about the skin "not showing up in the game," my first response should be, "did you try creating a dark skinned sim?"   Tongue

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 December 02, 06:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to find that, left to my own devices, my starter sims are always white. Lily, ghostly white like myself. That's why I added skintone to my RandomStuff. After the first couple generations, though, I've mixed in so many skintones and hair/eye colors that I get descendants with every imaginable combination.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 December 02, 08:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know fer sure, because I always play with TJ's mod in. Or did. And will again, as soon as my new shiney arrives. My neighborhoods are a bit out of the ordinary, and aliens are essential. That's why I also had a gender equality mod. Both, pixel men and pixel women got pregnant.

I hope that mod is also easy to re-find. I'm hoping it was TJ's. I better go check.

I play with a combination of TJ's higher abduction odds hack and Smonaff's alien pregnancy for females from MTS2. They seem to work just fine and that's with all EPs installed. I'm also using an older version of TJ's increased abduction odds hack where abductions are, while not guaranteed, much more likely to happen. He has modified the abduction odds downwards in the latest version and given knowledge aspiration a slightly greater chance of abduction (relative to the other aspirations). The chance of abduction with TJ's mod does slowly increase with the continuous viewing time so the best bet is to get start the sims stargazing as soon as it gets dark at 7pm.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 December 02, 10:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm going to cheat, I'll just use the cheat on the telescope - with Pescado's fix of course.

Re-reading the thread I see we have a new contender for myths and legends.... 

Is there any truth to the rumor that having more than one sim stargaze at the same time will increase odds of abduction?

I can't imagine that it's going to increase the chances for the sim you're trying to get abducted.  Maybe whoever put that forward is just thinking that odds are additive... so if you have 200 sims stargazing at once one of them will probably get abducted?   I so hate stats.. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 December 02, 15:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't consider TJ's higher odds mod cheating, I consider it the correction of yet another EAxis flub. My neighborhood was very unusual in the "normal" sense. I had many mythical creatures, and a lot unusual CC skin-tones. I don't use the mod to fulfill my knowledge sims wants to earn asp. points, I use to get the alien DNA into my game.

Considering the relative ease in getting plant-sims, vampyre-sims, and zombie-sims, I am all for alien equal rights. I don't know about werewolfs, but it seems there are potions for that sort of thing everywhere, and I remember seeing it in the lot-debugger menu as well. Robots you can simply build with a high skilled sim. Plus, none of the aforementioned spread any DNA around. Zombies and androids can't breed, and the vamp babies are normal babies.

I'm not sure about the plant-sims, but I'm assuming that since you can cure a sim from that, DNA spreading is also out of the question.

I've read about the zombie apocalypse and it sounds very interesting. I might just build a separate hood, just to try it our. With the Paladin weapon, it could be a very entertaining game. Thanks for the link, Kutto. The odds will have to be a little more on the even side, I wouldn't want the zombies to be the odds-on favorites automatically. Can zombieism be cured in the game by any non-mod means, by the way?

I don't know about the higher odds/per more sims. Very few of mine were rich enough to afford the expensive telescope, let alone several expensive telescopes. With seasons, it is also now harder to continually star-gaze. In the summer they overheat, and in the winter they soon freeze their pixel-butts off, and have to stop gazing.

Fall seems to be knowledge season, so who knows, maybe the odds are higher for abduction in that season anyways. I have to try that out and see.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 December 02, 16:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had plenty of green babies, and I don't use any kind of mod.  They have all been bad cases of Murphy's law.  One facehugger was spawned on a poor romance sim just home from college, living in a shack and earning peanuts as a drive-thru clerk.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 December 02, 17:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of my abductions (I've only had two  Cry) were romance sims. Mwa ha ha.

And eevilcat. Thank you thank you for the link to the equal alien pregnancy hack. I've been wanting that desperately!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 December 02, 21:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any truth to the rumor that having more than one sim stargaze at the same time will increase odds of abduction?

I can't imagine that it's going to increase the chances for the sim you're trying to get abducted.  Maybe whoever put that forward is just thinking that odds are additive... so if you have 200 sims stargazing at once one of them will probably get abducted?   I so hate stats.. 

The only way this works is that then you have more than one sim stargazing and they each have their own set of odds, so even if one doesn't trigger an abduction, one of the others has the same odds of doing so and might be "successful".  This would be more true if you have twojeff's hack in that increases the odds as stargazing continues.  However, more sims stargazing do not increase the odds for any individual sim, as far as I know.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 December 02, 21:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as a sim is abducted the others do that OMG witness abduction thing and so reset their own abduction odds (assuming you're using TJ's mod).

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 December 02, 21:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as a sim is abducted the others do that OMG witness abduction thing and so reset their own abduction odds (assuming you're using TJ's mod).

lol, I love that reaction.  When the sim is abducted, they stand around with the "worry" expression and sometimes they cry and just generally look stricken.  Then when the UFO comes back and dumps the abductee on the pavement, if they have any knowledge leanings at all, they run outside and do the "OMG this is so fucking cool!!!!11" thing, cheering and punching their fists in the air, while their friend, spouse, and/or father is crawling around trying to decide whether he still has all his teeth.  Now he's back, no cause for concern anymore.   Cheesy

Next day, everyone wants to be abducted, or more on the sinister side, wants to have someone else abducted (I must confess that I too have wished for this - has not happened so far.  No TJ mod for real life.).

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 December 03, 00:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the random fears that a family member will get abducted. Theodor Heuss's purpose in life is to be abducted. Yet a couple of his nieces and nephews took hits when he finally was. They don't even live in the same house.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 December 03, 01:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of telescopes, what about the shoving and such. It seems to me that it's always the same sims that come over and push my simmie around. Is it predetermined by the game who is the slapper/shover? It's rather silly that a person would know that they are being watched from any kind of distance, but there you have it. EAxis says so, that makes it true.

I also heard that NPC's/non-controlled playables shove kids and teens around if they are the ones 'looking through' the telescopes in the daytime. Is that true? I've never seen that, but I have a hard time believing that adults would shove/slap a neighbors kid around. If anyone would that to my kids, they'd be oh so very sorry.

ETA
Theodor Heuss? I like your style, Zazazu.

That's his birth house. Does yours look similar?

« Last Edit: 2007 December 03, 01:54:33 by veilchen » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: