More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:10:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Things We've Learned From The BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things We've Learned From The BBS  (Read 59035 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Things We've Learned From The BBS
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 17, 20:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming it's Danny's from valdea.com. Either that or he just turned a nanny into a teen, which I've done before, but then they pretty much still act like nannies minus the back rubbing, old lady bellyaching and orthopedic underwear.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 17, 20:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sitter I have hired also clean and cook automously but never the less they do clean if they walk into a messy house. plus they charge less money 50 simoleans a flat fee no matter how long they are there and unlike the nannies they dont go off the job until an adult is home .I ve had nannies leave an hour before parents arrived home from work with toddlers and babies in the house  and still charge the entire fee for leaving way too early of course my poor sim parent had their babies and toddlers taken by the Social worker just minutes before arriving home from work .the sitter  stays after the parents get home from work as a visitor so no more stuck nannies in my houses either my sim simply says goodbye and the sitter leaves

Do let us all in on the secret, Muisie!  Where do we get this hack?Huh?

Um, you're thinking of Bagelnuts.  My nanny is on fire, remember?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 17, 20:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, you're thinking of Bagelnuts.  My nanny is on fire, remember?

ROFL!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 17, 20:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the sitter mod is dizzy's, I think the thread is called "sitter if"

I think...go look. I cant right now, something about MTS2 being a gaming site.  Roll Eyes

doh its called sitter 1f
Dizzy says it works with all EP and nonep
I havent tried it but it looks like a pretty good alternative to the nannie
« Last Edit: 2005 October 18, 01:01:49 by nectere » Logged
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 17, 21:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you scream something to the effect of "HELP! GIVE U TKONENS OF EVILLL!!!!" you'll get even more help than if you'd offered cash. Of course, none of it will be right, but at least they're not beating you up to take your cash.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 17, 22:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sitter I have hired also clean and cook automously but never the less they do clean if they walk into a messy house. plus they charge less money 50 simoleans a flat fee no matter how long they are there and unlike the nannies they dont go off the job until an adult is home .I ve had nannies leave an hour before parents arrived home from work with toddlers and babies in the house  and still charge the entire fee for leaving way too early of course my poor sim parent had their babies and toddlers taken by the Social worker just minutes before arriving home from work .the sitter  stays after the parents get home from work as a visitor so no more stuck nannies in my houses either my sim simply says goodbye and the sitter leaves

Do let us all in on the secret, Muisie!  Where do we get this hack?Huh?
it  is called sitter 1f at Mod the sims2 its in testing right now but it works great Grin  it isnt Danny's DMA. I had that and didnt like it so I took it out of my game . this is an entirely different hack .I just used it and had my sim call a sitter for his toddler. I had him call a sim who normally delivers groceries .Steven Wolsenko I think is the guys name or it might be Mitch those two look alike

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 17, 22:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to hate the nanny because of the peeing on the floor and the setting on fire, but then once when the parents weren't home at 6pm, she turned a baby into a toddler with none of that stupid standing around that usually happens with actual parents, so now I am willing to let her live, but I do wish she would go home when she is supposed to.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 17, 22:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me a while, but I think I figured out why the parents sometimes have problem with the birthday thing.  I found it by forcing the transition with the birthday cake.

It seems that when the problem crops up, it's because the infant has a low motive, either hunger, bladder or energy.  If you feed the baby a bottle, then wait just a little bit 9 times out of 10 it'll have a messy diaper.  Once the diaper's changed the age transition generally occurs smoothly.

There's nothing like having the baby age transition with the birthday cake, and then have the poor person holding said toddler getting wet on! LOL  It's happened to my sims more than once. Wink

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 17, 23:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'all, laugh while you can.  Someday, kids like those on the BBS will be changing our Depends.   Wink Shocked Cry
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 18, 00:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'all, laugh while you can.  Someday, kids like those on the BBS will be changing our Depends.   Wink Shocked Cry

Only if we end up in really bad nursing homes.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 18, 00:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I missed it, you forgot the Golden BBS Toubleshooting Rule:

If all else fails, your computer sucks and you need to buy a new one.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 18, 01:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that when the problem crops up, it's because the infant has a low motive, either hunger, bladder or energy.  If you feed the baby a bottle, then wait just a little bit 9 times out of 10 it'll have a messy diaper.  Once the diaper's changed the age transition generally occurs smoothly.

I figured that one out some time ago. It's bloooody annoying.

Now that I have Merola's mirror I can use that to select the baby and check it's motives and figure out what's wrong so I can fix it.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 18, 03:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks you're giving them too much credit.  It's my opinion that they'll STILL be at the BBS, whining about how the latest expansion pack for Sims 11 was the WORST EXPANSION EVER!!!!!!!!!111111

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 18, 04:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive never had nanny problems before but recently every time I call one to track my schedule they come over immediately and (one occassion 4 were sent most duplicates) and I didnt realize it until I started dismissing one and then there she was again .  She didnt come the next day at the right time either but the kids were fine no social worker. Im like huh? what is this?  Fired her and tried again...they cant track correctly now for some reason. no biggie I hate them anyway.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 18, 05:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured that one out some time ago. It's bloooody annoying.

Now that I have Merola's mirror I can use that to select the baby and check it's motives and figure out what's wrong so I can fix it.

I always have the flamingo of contentment in my houses, especially if there are babies and toddlers around.  I rarely have a problem with growing babies up, so this is probably why, they never get that low!  Only time I've had a problem recently is when I accidentally removed the icon from a teenager's queue!  Had to go through the whole cake routine then!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 18, 06:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I missed it, you forgot the Golden BBS Toubleshooting Rule:

If all else fails, your computer sucks and you need to buy a new one.
how could we possibly forget that one. somehow we manged to forget the BBS's most common solution fork out tons of money for something you dont need ie video cards ,new hard drives  and new computers. and of course the other rule we forgot was the only viable solution to sims problem is consult the BBS technical help section written by the same people who told us our computer sucks

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 18, 06:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And even though they still specify 256MB RAM on the pack, they'll tell you that even though you have a gig, it's just not enough!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 18, 08:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No way!  Syera'll be changing my Depends!  She's my daughter!  Grin

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 18, 08:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks you're giving them too much credit.  It's my opinion that they'll STILL be at the BBS, whining about how the latest expansion pack for Sims 11 was the WORST EXPANSION EVER!!!!!!!!!111111

ROFLOL! 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 18, 11:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Sims III Holographic!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 18, 12:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A someone has already said: Never go to the BBS.

When I was a naive young(er) simmer, I ventured out to the official boards without any knowledge of what awaited me, bravely (as it transpired) and ill-equipped for the depth of sewage. If I had known that you require an aqualung, flippers and drysuit, I would never dared go there! Five minutes left me breathless and starved of oxygen...any longer would have required rescusitation. Ah me... the dangers of deep bull diving.  Cheesy

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 18, 15:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like sky-diving without a parachute into a pool of raw sewage?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 18, 15:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bbs is good for something though. If you ever have a bad day, go to the bbs, read a couple of posts and you'll feel so much better about yourself. When I started school again, I felt like the stupid kid, but then I went to the good old bbs and now know I will never be stupid because that is stupid at its finest. Grin

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 18, 15:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And your spelling is obviously a cut above theirs!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 18, 15:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things I've learned from the BBS: That no matter how clearly I state a problem or question and say that I haven't any hacks, custom content or do not use *gasp* broolprop, these things will always be to blame for what the problem is, because I MUST have them installed and have used boolprop with wild abandonment. The game/EA/Maxis itself is never to blame for any problems that might creep up, it must be something I have done. Roll Eyes

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: