More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:52:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Things We've Learned From The BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things We've Learned From The BBS  (Read 59040 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Things We've Learned From The BBS
« on: 2005 October 17, 02:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As we all know, the BBS is home to a wealth of information, just waiting for anyone brazen/thickheaded/naive of better places enough to look.

So, what have we all learned from the BBS?  I'll start off...

-Any problem can be fixed by doing the following:
--Installing an updated video driver.
--Deleting all your custom content.
--Reinstalling the game and starting over from scratch.

-If all else fails, download a video card!  Er, as soon as you find out from the BBSers who are so much brighter than you where you can download one of these all-powerful items.

-Hacks and mods are evil.  And yes, they are out to get you, having been specially made to make your computer explode.
--The first thing you should do if you even SUSPECT you have a hack is reinstall the game.

-No doubt about it, a hack has a greater chance of making your game explode than does the latest expansion pack.  Even though, ironically, more people seem to gripe about the latest expansion pack making their game explode than do people gripe about hacks doing this.

-Meshes are also evil.  Especially if you don't know what they are.

-Any custom content that doesn't have Maxis' seal of approval emblazoned across it is evil, too, and will cause your game to explode.
--Of course, the only way to deal with THIS is to re-install your game.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Re: Things We've Learned From The BBS
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 02:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any problem can be solved by pointing and laughing?
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 02:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will not reinstall game unless there is no other option to do so espesilly if the HD was formatted because it wasnt working or had a major break down. Boy are some people stupid and they dont know what they are talking about. As for hacks most of them are useful and fix problems with in the game that Maxis have not or no Idea about.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 04:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-If you're asking for assistiance, the proper way to title your thread is "HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"  After all, it gets a Maxoid's attention every time.

-Benes are like fishing bait.  If you dangle them on a hook, you get a lot of juicy suckers.

-The real Bella Goth is in a galaxy far, far away with her alien lover.  Er, no, she's been murdered and you can see her if you meditate in front of her painting.  No!  She's a burglar and she'll appear if you buy the...

-Although the fact that expansion packs come out six months apart on the dot, there is a strange time-distortional effect that actually makes it so that each expansion pack takes noticably longer than the last to be released.
--Of course, anyone with actual brains will tell you that it's the whining 13-year-olds who created this time-distortion in the first place...

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 04:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-If you're asking for assistiance, the proper way to title your thread is "HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"  After all, it gets a Maxoid's attention every time.

You misspelled it, goofball Wink The correct spelling is HLLLLEEEEPPPPP MEEEEE!!!!!111111
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 05:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As we all know, the BBS is home to a wealth of information, just waiting for anyone brazen/thickheaded/naive of better places enough to look.

So, what have we all learned from the BBS?  I'll start off...

-Any problem can be fixed by doing the following:
--Installing an updated video driver.
--Deleting all your custom content.
--Reinstalling the game and starting over from scratch.

-If all else fails, download a video card!  Er, as soon as you find out from the BBSers who are so much brighter than you where you can download one of these all-powerful items.

-Hacks and mods are evil.  And yes, they are out to get you, having been specially made to make your computer explode.
--The first thing you should do if you even SUSPECT you have a hack is reinstall the game.

-No doubt about it, a hack has a greater chance of making your game explode than does the latest expansion pack.  Even though, ironically, more people seem to gripe about the latest expansion pack making their game explode than do people gripe about hacks doing this.

-Meshes are also evil.  Especially if you don't know what they are.

-Any custom content that doesn't have Maxis' seal of approval emblazoned across it is evil, too, and will cause your game to explode.
--Of course, the only way to deal with THIS is to re-install your game.
Rofl  and dont forget you will find your computer lying on your desk in a million pieces of melting plastic and smoking metal if you dare to even think of a Fix for a bug that isnt made by Maxis I learned that from the BBS on my first trip there

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 09:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL... (ouch, made my ribs hurt) Grin Grin

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 17, 10:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the fix isn't made by Maxis, or the bug isn't made by Maxis? Grin

Case in point, if you have time.....

Back before the sims1 patch came out, I was experiencing (or my sims were experiencing) the jump bug.  I didn't have internet access, so I didn't know this was a bug, and I phoned the UK helpline, where I was told my characters were corrupted and I should just ditch them and reinstall.  Well, I did the reinstall, but luckily I saved the game folders elsewhere, then less than a week later, finally back on-line, and I found out immediately I went to SF that the patch was out, downloaded it and hey-presto, problem solved - but not till after about 3-4 quids' worth of phonecalls to the twits who hadn't a clue!

Zephyr Zodiac
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 17, 10:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned from the BBS not to visit the BBS.

Most useful lesson evah.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 17, 10:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you want to be told how to sort your game out by a thirteen-year-old in words of one (mis-spelled) syllable!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 17, 10:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well we've definitely learned how dense wool can be Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 17, 10:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Particulartly cottonwool!

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 17, 17:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most useful lesson evah.

Two things I am thankful to the BBS for:

1. I don't have to buy the Prima guides because some schmuck will type the whole thing out if you offer them "benes"

2. Being directed by a couple of the intelligent posters there (so few of them) to sites that really have helped me: MTS2, Various Simmers, Snooty Sims, Simlogical, and last but certainly not least, MATY. 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 17:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most useful lesson evah.

Two things I am thankful to the BBS for:

1. I don't have to buy the Prima guides because some schmuck will type the whole thing out if you offer them "benes"

2. Being directed by a couple of the intelligent posters there (so few of them) to sites that really have helped me: MTS2, Various Simmers, Snooty Sims, Simlogical, and last but certainly not least, MATY. 
I directed someone to MTS2  and got banned from the BBS for 3 days heaven forbid you direct any one there for a censor mod for nightlife that works.guaranteed to get you banned for at least 3 days and any other site that makes fxes for game issues including MATY.. when I saw the sorry you are banned until 10.12/2005 at 12:00 A.M PST message I ROFL. because I knew it was my daring to direct someone to MTS2 for Quaxi's censor removal blur in nightlife

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 17:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ONe thing I just learned is if you havent had any problem with those evil nannies, go buy an ep and get yourself a nanny bug! 

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 17, 17:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ONe thing I just learned is if you havent had any problem with those evil nannies, go buy an ep and get yourself a nanny bug! 
good grief  Tongue who wants the evil nanny ???I went and got a hack that gives me  a sitter instead,much better than a nanny and doesnt get stuck like the nannies or pull nasty pranks on the employers and has great interaction with the toddlers and babies.thank goodness foer the person who made the sitter hack it overwrites the Nanny so that option isnt available anymore but when my sim calls the sitter they get a menue of st least three option if they dont know anyone yet more if they have met neighbors already all you do is click one of the faces that shows up in the menu and  they appear instantly. and no social worker  warning with the sitter either. and My sims can leave for work on time without having to be late or miss work if they still carpool waiting for the evil nanny to appear.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 17, 17:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good grief  Tongue who wants the evil nanny ???I went and got a hack that gives me  a sitter instead,much better than a nanny and doesnt get stuck like the nannies or pull nasty pranks on the employers and has great interaction with the toddlers and babies.thank goodness foer the person who made the sitter hack it overwrites the Nanny so that option isnt available anymore but when my sim calls the sitter they get a menue of st least three option if they dont know anyone yet more if they have met neighbors already all you do is click one of the faces that shows up in the menu and  they appear instantly. and no social worker  warning with the sitter either. and My sims can leave for work on time without having to be late or miss work if they still carpool waiting for the evil nanny to appear.

And that sitter hack would be called what and found where....?
I really prefer to use elders, but some elders have too many adult children so they can't sit for all of them. I really would like a non-elderly sitter for some of my homes: a teen would be perfect. It would be nice if in the Business EP, teens could work as sitters on your lots and earn money for college.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 18:21:03 by simmiecal » Logged
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 17, 18:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If its one thing I've learned its that Strangetown Bella is compareable to the Anti-Christ.  She is pure evil and should be killed by any means necessary the very moment she walks by your house.  And she is SO FAKE!  Really, you just shouldn't socilize with her at all.

Goopy is the same way, but to a lesser extent.  The same goes for Marsha.

Oh yeah, and there IS a twins cheat.  Maxis is just being a big meanie and won't tell us what it is.   Sad 
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 17, 18:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like nannies.  They clean.  And sometimes they set themselves on fire with baked alaska.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 17, 18:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=simmiecal link=topic=1015.msg35937#.And that sitter hack would be called what and found where....?
I really prefer to use elders, but some elders have too many adult children so they can't sit for all of them. I really would like a non-elderly sitter for some of my homes: a teen would be perfect. It would be nice if in the Business EP, teens could work as sitters on your lots and earn money for college.
[/quote]I got it at Mod the sims 2 and its listed under game hacks I have the NL version but there is a version for those with out NL

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 17, 18:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL those nannies are amusing and unpredictable if nothing else. Wink And I've had some seriously messed up ones all the way back to the original out of the box game with no patches or addons so they've always been like that in my game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 17, 18:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nannies have their good and bad points.  They do clean and will sort of take care of one infant or toddler.  They're completely useless if they're trying to take care of twins.  And the amount of food they leave to rot on the counter is just atrocious, and since they have high cooking skills it's usually the most expensive food.

Now to the BBS: I've learned that no matter what Maxis does or says, it's 'NOT FAIR!'

I've also learned that when the first little glitch (could even be *gasps* user caused) happens with a new expansion pack, even though the player's been waiting months for this expansion and has been posting on the expansion pack board like rabid fiends, this expansion pack is suddenly 'THE WORST EXPANSION EVER!!!!!!!!'

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 17, 18:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like nannies.  They clean.  And sometimes they set themselves on fire with baked alaska.
the sitter I have hired also clean and cook automously but never the less they do clean if they walk into a messy house. plus they charge less money 50 simoleans a flat fee no matter how long they are there and unlike the nannies they dont go off the job until an adult is home .I ve had nannies leave an hour before parents arrived home from work with toddlers and babies in the house Huh and still charge the entire fee for leaving way too early of course my poor sim parent had their babies and toddlers taken by the Social worker just minutes before arriving home from work Angry.the sitter  stays after the parents get home from work as a visitor so no more stuck nannies in my houses either my sim simply says goodbye and the sitter leaves

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 17, 19:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nannies have their good and bad points.  They do clean and will sort of take care of one infant or toddler.  They're completely useless if they're trying to take care of twins.  And the amount of food they leave to rot on the counter is just atrocious, and since they have high cooking skills it's usually the most expensive food.

Now to the BBS: I've learned that no matter what Maxis does or says, it's 'NOT FAIR!'

I've also learned that when the first little glitch (could even be *gasps* user caused) happens with a new expansion pack, even though the player's been waiting months for this expansion and has been posting on the expansion pack board like rabid fiends, this expansion pack is suddenly 'THE WORST EXPANSION EVER!!!!!!!!'

heaven forbid the user be the one glitching their own game on the BBS nope can't Happen  its all Maxis fault  according to the BBS . they are supposed to patch user caused errors and glitches. the posters on the BBS have taught me Never ever go there for help.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 17, 19:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sitter I have hired also clean and cook automously but never the less they do clean if they walk into a messy house. plus they charge less money 50 simoleans a flat fee no matter how long they are there and unlike the nannies they dont go off the job until an adult is home .I ve had nannies leave an hour before parents arrived home from work with toddlers and babies in the house  and still charge the entire fee for leaving way too early of course my poor sim parent had their babies and toddlers taken by the Social worker just minutes before arriving home from work .the sitter  stays after the parents get home from work as a visitor so no more stuck nannies in my houses either my sim simply says goodbye and the sitter leaves

Do let us all in on the secret, Muisie!  Where do we get this hack?Huh?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: