More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 10:25:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Toddlers are allowed to date?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddlers are allowed to date?  (Read 6628 times)
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Toddlers are allowed to date?
« on: 2006 January 09, 18:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been screwing around with the Chav challenge by Avie.  Very entertaining by the way.  The mother of the family receives a call from a toddler inviting her on a date to downtown as his father had such a great time with her on their date.  Just to see what would happen - if she could actually go on the date or if the game would explode - I clicked yes.  The options for the date location popped up with no options available so I canceled the screen.  Several hours later a popup chided the sim for standing up the toddler. 

Has this happened to anyone?  Is this the begining of the end for this neighborhood?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Toddlers are allowed to date?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 09, 19:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've had it happen. The toddler wasn't asking you on a date however but on an outing. In NL, after a good date, you can get a new "contact". They are like a temporary friend. You start out with a high daily relationship level and you have a chance to move up the lifetime relationship level. It is "timed" like the furious mode - if you look at the picture in the realtionship screen you will see it is highlighted green (instead of red like the furious state). For some reason, the contact routine doesn't check to see if the new contact is a toddler.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 09, 21:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the chav challenge and where can I find it? Tongue sounds interesting.

Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 09, 22:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I SHOULD start a Chav Challenge game
A single female sim should have at least five kids by different fathers without ever having a job
She has to bring up her offspring by herself but she must stay unemployed and unmarried

This is found under the thread "Bloody Build mode, It is out to get me".  I'm on my second child (this infant is the stepbrother of the toddler who called).

I haven't done an outing since I got the game and I completely forgot they existed.  That interaction makes much more sense now.

Edited to fix stupid internet explorer error.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 22:52:21 by Ilikecoffee » Logged
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 09, 23:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a toddler, but I had some strangeness (for me) involving dates happen just last night. Romance Sim asked out a friend she had no bolts for, they had a Dream Date. He calls the next night, wants to do it again. So, they have another Dream Date. The next night - he calls again! I have her decline and the phone rings immediately after with his sister wanting an outing, graah. I've never had that happen, and I've had several Dream Dates - they all had bolts, though, and this couple didn't. So strange. I've gotten a few outing calls before after a Dream Date and a few regular calls to chat from the datee, but never a 'let's have another date' call, let alone twice.

I played his house in between the first and second date and they went steady there (red memory for her!) but otherwise the dates were all the contact they had. Perhaps he was just very impressed with the public woohoo. In that case he should quit dropping roses and start dropping the expensive gifts! What's happened to that!? I haven't seen it in forever...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 09, 23:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only get gifts if I have just 1 outing or date in that (sim)day. I think the game gets confused if you have more than one date or outing.  Smiley

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 09, 23:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only get gifts if I have just 1 outing or date in that (sim)day. I think the game gets confused if you have more than one date or outing.  Smiley

Hmmm. I don't usually do dates that much... and these were all on different Sim days, too. I know sometimes the auto-greet intercepts them before they can do that amusing creeping up thing but I didn't see that here. Oh well...
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 10, 00:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had three dates show up to leave flowers at a romance sim's house - all at the same time. What is interesting is that they didn't seem to take notice of each other - or the fact that the romance sim was woohooing in the outdoor hot tub with date #4. It seems they are completely oblivious to what is going on when they drop off gifts. Has anyone been able to interact (get them to stay) with the date that is dropping off the gift/flowers?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 10, 00:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the toddler the father's only friend, apart from the sim he had the date with?  When you get one of these "My friend had such a great time with you, I wondered if ..." calls, the person who rings is always a friend of the other party on the date. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 10, 02:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the toddler the father's only friend, apart from the sim he had the date with?  When you get one of these "My friend had such a great time with you, I wondered if ..." calls, the person who rings is always a friend of the other party on the date. 

It's funny that you mention it. The one time this happened to me, a guy had gone out on a date with the college floozy and "scored" on their first date. Right afterwards, his toddler son called up and said "you had such a good time....." I thought wow! this kid is starting out young and what a reputation this girl has!  Cheesy  I believe the toddler was the only "friend" of the date - he had lots of aquaintances, but being a single dad didn't leave him too much time for socializing (outside of taking out the college floozy, that is).  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 10, 04:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, rosalinda Scarlatti had a blind date with Mitch Wolosenko!  Had a great time and fell for him in  a Big way - don't ask me why!   So, she gets a phone call from Julio Leblanc, saying all that stuff - now the only time Julio has ever spoken to Mitch is when Mitch delivers the shopping, and he's a total prat at that!  But Mitch does actually have one or two acquanintances who are a bit further than "known sim"!  So why not one of them?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 10, 16:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny that you mention it. The one time this happened to me, a guy had gone out on a date with the college floozy and "scored" on their first date. Right afterwards, his toddler son called up and said "you had such a good time....." I thought wow! this kid is starting out young and what a reputation this girl has!  Cheesy  I believe the toddler was the only "friend" of the date - he had lots of aquaintances, but being a single dad didn't leave him too much time for socializing (outside of taking out the college floozy, that is).  Cheesy

Actually, the toddler wasn't the only friend of the guy.  His wife has a higher relationshipscore with him.  I'm envisioning that outing call . . . "Please come downtown with me.  We need to discuss your activities with my husband."

Now that I've thought about it, I'm glad the toddler called.

I still haven't recreated the glitch where they had no options to go anywhere.  I thought it was part of the toddler not being able to leave the lot. 
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 10, 18:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird situation.  The outing arranger was legit but Regan Capp's twins were part of the outing--they were infants.  They were laying in the street when the Taxi arrived.  It was really weird.  I had some of the related sims play with them but unfortunately they got spit up on.  So I deleted the twins and moved the outing to their house so they could get a shower.  When the taxi arrived, the twins were in the street again so I deleted them-again.  Amazingly enough the outing topped out and they got a Flour Fountain for their efforts.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 10, 23:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had three dates show up to leave flowers at a romance sim's house - all at the same time. What is interesting is that they didn't seem to take notice of each other - or the fact that the romance sim was woohooing in the outdoor hot tub with date #4. It seems they are completely oblivious to what is going on when they drop off gifts. Has anyone been able to interact (get them to stay) with the date that is dropping off the gift/flowers?
As far as I know, you can't.

I had an interesting semi-related bug today with flower-dropping and what appeared to be some kind of infinite loop.

Story so far: Don left Cassandra at the altar, which woke Mortimer up to the fact that he still has a family. He finally started listening to what his children had to say about Dina, realised they were right, and went to exact revenge. He got her pregnant. She was desperate; about to give birth and Nina had already walked out with half of the money, so there was very little in the bank.

So, Dina went fishing and met a Downtownie named Ziatrarrio Centowski (not kidding), who she calls Mark. In her third trimester, she invited him over for a date and finally got past the big 70/70 marker on both sides. Propose engagement, end the date. Dream Date.

After ending the date, I immediately proposed marriage; no point in a ceremony as he'll be dead soon Wink He accepted, they wed, about two hours later young Medea Caliente-Goth was born. Dina went Downtown to get some toddler clothes.

A short while after she returned, I sent Mark to go and get himself abducted at the telescope as he'd suddenly decided that he wanted a baby. He got as far as the front door, stopped, dropped off a bouquet, turned around, picked it up, dropped it on another tile, picked it up... and so on. I tried to force an error but the pie menu kept deleting itself. I ended up exiting without saving and reloading from the point where Dina came back from Downtown,then resetting Mark immediately. It worked properly then; he dropped the bouquet once and went off to get abducted like a good little boy. Should be showing up in Strangetown soon Roll Eyes

Moral: Do Not Marry Right After A Dream Date. At least, don't marry your date...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 11, 01:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Dina married Mortimer in my latest Pleasantview and they had her usual set of twins (Dinmort and Mordina).  Mortimer died not long after the birth and Alexander went off to Uni, leaving Dina holding the babies.  My intention was that Alexander would come back and throw her out ... unfortunately, I hadn't bargained on him arriving at Uni with 3 lightning bolts for her.  Looks like she may stay the Mistress of Goth Manor after all.  Is there no end to this woman's unscrupulousness?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 11, 01:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moral: Do Not Marry Right After A Dream Date. At least, don't marry your date...

Heh! I had a couple do just that, but she just went and left her flowers on the back patio *eyeroll*

Finally got a Sim to not leave flowers but a present again. It wasn't a Dream Date, though, but just a Great Date... well, I'll take it anyway, heh!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: