More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:08:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Entering my Lot ...... FAILURES
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Entering my Lot ...... FAILURES  (Read 6750 times)
Snowy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Entering my Lot ...... FAILURES
« on: 2006 February 18, 05:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had assigned this problem to the fact that my thingamabog is a 750 instead of an 850, but on the off chance that someone can suggest a remedy, here goes:

I installed games with University, created a wonderful 'romancy, sexy player girl'.... stood her on her lot, went into build and made her a fabulous house. Just as I finished, it cut away to her and then, I saved, and tried to play. She refused to move. I got no menus at all from her. Broken ... kaput... fooey! Ok... I evicted her. tore down the place, and then went back and tried to move her into a new place. The game froze at the entering neighborhood screen. I had to 'hard shut down' my computer.

I restarted it, tried to move her in again; same result. I would just throw her out and start over, but it happened with a previous version of her as well. It wasn't the exact same Sim both times. The creation was new and the skins were not the same at all. I thought it might be that I had built her in a terrain I had downloaded somewhere, but it was the Maxis Ying Yang Terrain the second time, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Oh yes.. there are no Hacks of any kind in the game at this time, nor were there the first time.

There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works. ~ Will Rogers
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Entering my Lot ...... FAILURES
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 18, 09:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was your neighbourhood working ok before this happened - and is it the campus or the neighbourhood?  the first time I installed Uni, nothing worked, and everything kept locking up.  After about four attempts I reinstalled and it was fine.

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 18, 09:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many different lots did you try?  It could be possible that the lots themselves have become corrupt, or did you move her into fresh placed lots (as in a empty patch of land)?  I know that Maxis made lots easily implode somehow.  Several Maxis lots i've played have eventually become corrupt and literally unplayable.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 18, 10:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snowy, instead of passing all this "via dolorosa", you could keep the girl meanwhile in the students bin/family bin, build the house you want, save, exit to the neighbourhood, click on the house, and choose "package lot" (the asteric (*)). The packaged house will be found in your "Saved Lots" folder, in my documents/EA games/Uni, and you can install it again and again.

If the house is more expensive than 20,000$, put the girl in an empty lot, call "motherlode", give her the money she needs - save, exit, move the girl to the students bin, then move her to the house you built.

Now, if you have problems, you always can move her back to the students bin, and fix the lot.

I have for all my students the same  packaged lot, to which I move them. Very comfy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 18, 10:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, cheating is not the answer to everything. Have you considered actually playing the game instead of just cheating outrageously?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 18, 10:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, JMP, you know I am cheataholic!  I suggested "motherlode", because she/he wrote, that she/he built smashing house, and for that you need money.

To your surprise, I have built packaged lots with the price of 17,500 - I use them for my elders sims. No money cheat at all. All Maxis stuff.

My suggestion to package a lot, and then move the sim in, still stays. It's the best way to prevent frustrations.

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 18, 14:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, JMP, you know I am cheataholic! 

I am right there with ya on that !!! When TS2 first came out I played it for several weeks without any cheats, hacks or custom content.....I DESERVE to use any available methods in order to make this game more playable....and enjoyable....it put in my time dammit! I served my sentence and have been paroled!  Grin  Tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 18, 15:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also suggest building the house first, then moving in; at least that way, if something goes wrong, you still have the house you worked so hard on. I think it also cuts down on the loss of money due to instant depreciation of things you make in build mode.

You might also want to try cloning the sim in simPE and rebuilding her personality; if there's a bug tied to that sim's id somehow (I don't actually know what I'm talking about), then maybe that will help.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 18, 20:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, cheating is not the answer to everything. Have you considered actually playing the game instead of just cheating outrageously?

I'm with Pescado when it comes to cheating there is no need for it.  My main family has a net worth of like 1 million then the other houses that spinned off from it all have a net worth of 100-300 thousand.  Whenever i need money to build a house i just send it from one of the houses.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 18, 21:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, JMP, you know I am cheataholic!  I suggested "motherlode", because she/he wrote, that she/he built smashing house, and for that you need money.

To your surprise, I have built packaged lots with the price of 17,500 - I use them for my elders sims. No money cheat at all. All Maxis stuff.

My suggestion to package a lot, and then move the sim in, still stays. It's the best way to prevent frustrations.

Gali, is there a place where we can see and download your creations?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 18, 22:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, I uploaded some lots on the Exchange, but always after one week they were deleted by the Sim Masters. After the third upload, I gave up and now I don't have uploads anymore.

...But I have some nice chandelliers and hanging lamps for TS1 (I look for a tutorial that can teach me how to turn them available for TS2, if you know one, I'll thank you for telling me). The chandelliers are in my web site
http://www.geocities.com/galily2002/LightSims.html

Snowy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 19, 01:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What!!!!! I can build a house without having a family own the lot first?HuhHuh?? I may have died and gone to heaven!!!! Is that true? HOWWW?Huh pls?

Snowy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 19, 01:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What!!!!! I can build a house without having a family own the lot first?HuhHuh?? I may have died and gone to heaven!!!! Is that true? HOWWW?Huh pls?

Oh, and I modified a house that I got in game, as I almost always do...  The first time this happened, I lost her entirely because I freaked and deleted and reinstalled the whole thing.. without saving my stuff..... grrrrr Second time was in a totally different neighborhood. First time was in one I created, second time in a Maxis neighborhood. I am thinking seriously of reinstalling it again tonight and checking again ... but since I am sooooo loathe to do that, I will fire up the game and see if it locks.. then go from there. Thanks.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 19, 01:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, you can know before you move the family in how much the house worths.  You can even set-up your all neighborhood houses before you even create one Sim (I am at doing this right now for my MATY hood).  Did you ever go to the "lot exchange" at Sims 2.  There are both houses with and without family in it that you can download from there.  Use the search tool on the site.  I always search for house without cc stuff so I don't hand up with weird downloads in my game.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 19, 01:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course you can.  This was true in the Sims 1 days, and it works exactly the same way in TS2.  From the Neighborhood screen, click on the house icon to switch to the Lots and Houses bin.  Place an empty lot (or an unoccupied house) in the neighborhood.  Double-click on the lot to build.  When you're done, save the lot, then switch back to the Family view to move a family into the house.

Karen
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 19, 02:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the lots & housebin there are several Maxis made houses that you can place too in your hood.  Any house you download and install in your game from the Sims 2 site will appear in the lots & housebins.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 19, 10:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course you can.  This was true in the Sims 1 days, and it works exactly the same way in TS2.  From the Neighborhood screen, click on the house icon to switch to the Lots and Houses bin.  Place an empty lot (or an unoccupied house) in the neighborhood.  Double-click on the lot to build.  When you're done, save the lot, then switch back to the Family view to move a family into the house.

Karen

Actually, no, that wasn't true until after Unleashed.  Up to that point, large houses were a pain as you had either to bulldoze them, or wait until a family had enough money to move in.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: