More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 09:29:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  this could be bad!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this could be bad!  (Read 11314 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
this could be bad!
« on: 2005 December 04, 01:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a sim give birth to twins... nothing too unusual about that...

but...  this was right as the car pool was due to arrive - so the car arrived just as she was spinning around with the second baby...  now, this silly sim has gone to work still holding the baby!

The baby still has an icon in the family panel, but...  I'm hoping that mum comes home still holding the baby, or I'm going to have a bit of a problem here!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: this could be bad!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 04, 01:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL.  It was "Bring your Child to Work" day.  Cheesy

Luckily, you don't have to wait long to see if she brings the baby back.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 04, 01:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baby's already back...  what a relief!

at least now, this has the twins out of sync with each other when it comes to nappy changes.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of alien skin tone beyond the first generation?  I recall that before nightlife, aliens would give birth to green children - these twins were the 2nd and 3rd children for this particular alien, and while the toddler has some alien features (mouth and ears, poor thing!), all three children have a human skin tone.  The babies are still too young to see what alien features they will get.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 04, 01:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alientone is dominant, and a pollination has thus an alien tone with a human tone genetically, and is always green barring a malfunction.

This means that in the second generation, you have a 50/50 chance of getting green again, since the alien tone is dominant, but it is no longer assured.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 04, 01:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...  that's what I've always thought...

but since nightlife, I haven't seen any green aliens apart from the ones born from abductions.  It wouldn't be the new purple aliens I have now, thanks to Dylan, would it?
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 04, 04:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if one of your sims has a custom skin it will override the alien skintone..not sure though.

About the original post..I once had one of my teens take her baby sister to school with her..she got off the bus with the baby  stuck to her chest.  Sourta amusing heh
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 04, 07:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alientone is dominant, and a pollination has thus an alien tone with a human tone genetically, and is always green barring a malfunction.

This means that in the second generation, you have a 50/50 chance of getting green again, since the alien tone is dominant, but it is no longer assured.

Actually, no. After thorough testing, it's been determined that alien tone is dominant only if one parent is homozygous to the alien skin tone (which is why abduction babies always (should) end up green). However, when a parent is heterozygous to the green skintone, like the babies born from an abduction usually are, the green skintone turns equal with other Maxis skintones, and they only have a 25% of having a green baby themselves (when custom skintones are excluded). So, a sim can have a green skintone gene without expressing it, since it's no longer dominant. This is why it's so hard to get green babies from half-alien sims.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 04, 14:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had an alien sim who got abducted and had twins who had the alien skin tone but facial features were all normal.  Since they would be 75% alien, that was really odd!

I haven't had babies taken to work or school, but just lately, since NL and the patch, I have kids coming home from school with the stepstool stuck to their foot!  Very strange!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 04, 15:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the Holiday Pack, if my Sims get hold of the teddy bear, it gets imbedded in their middle. They go everywhere with it...work, school, Downtown. Luckily, a bearectomy can eventually be performed with moveobjects on. I never liked that stupid bear anyway, except it looked cute in kids' rooms.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 04, 15:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it does satisfy a Pleasure Sim's want for a toy!  Even if there aren't any babies or kids in the house!  (And it's cheap, LOL!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 04, 15:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the bears for toddlers, cute when they snuggle it, even cuter when they bash it, and kids carrying it is cute too, but I don't usually put them in homes because my Sims are obsessive skill builders. (Plus it's so attractive to visitors) I suppose I should turn the autonomy off for visitors.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 04, 16:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus it's SOOO annoying when they put it down wrong, and the next sim to want it can't get it!  But as I said, it does satisfy a Pleasure sims want for next to nothing, which is useful if all their other wants cost a lot and they're still poor!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 04, 21:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, no. After thorough testing, it's been determined that alien tone is dominant only if one parent is homozygous to the alien skin tone (which is why abduction babies always (should) end up green). However, when a parent is heterozygous to the green skintone, like the babies born from an abduction usually are, the green skintone turns equal with other Maxis skintones, and they only have a 25% of having a green baby themselves (when custom skintones are excluded). So, a sim can have a green skintone gene without expressing it, since it's no longer dominant. This is why it's so hard to get green babies from half-alien sims.
Thanks for that - heading off to correct my post on  another board...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 04, 21:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive had that happen once... it turned out okay. They return home and the baby will probably be hungry and very stinky.   Yep there is Smith doing the hey check me out dance with one of her twins.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 07, 04:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the elven skin?  I had Titania marry a sim with custom skin and eyes and she had oodles of children spanning three games and not once did the kids get their father's skin.  They always got his eyes and unfortunately about half of the girls got her big nose.  So the elven skin is god.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 07, 07:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the Holiday Pack, if my Sims get hold of the teddy bear, it gets imbedded in their middle. They go everywhere with it...work, school, Downtown. Luckily, a bearectomy can eventually be performed with moveobjects on. I never liked that stupid bear anyway, except it looked cute in kids' rooms.

lol. I had that happen with a toddler and his mom. She was potty training him and all of a sudden he wasn't sitting on the potty anymore...

(Don't know if it's because of the holiday pack, although I do have it installed.)

Be your own fish.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 07, 07:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toddler stuck in mommy's stomach thing has happened to me sometimes, too, while potty training. No Holiday packs.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 08, 16:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't gotten that before..it looks creepy! it's as if she's pregnant again and the baby's decide to come out via another route..

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 08, 16:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the game just misreads the toddler for the darn teddy bear!

Zephyr Zodiac
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 08, 16:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had this happen to me a few time where the toddler gets stuck in the person who is teaching it to go potty.  The thing I noticed the most was that the toddler was "using" the bathroom in the other person  Undecided and while this was going on for some reason the "other" sim's need to use the bathroom was going up.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 08, 16:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, it's misreading mum (or dad) and thinks they're a potty? Grin  Now that's potty!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 08, 21:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had this happen to me a few time where the toddler gets stuck in the person who is teaching it to go potty.  The thing I noticed the most was that the toddler was "using" the bathroom in the other person  Undecided and while this was going on for some reason the "other" sim's need to use the bathroom was going up.

That's terrifying!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 14, 09:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked I've never had a Toddler get stuck in a parent! That's worse than any blooper on the EA site!  Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: