More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 19:02:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 92366 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #225 on: 2005 October 17, 11:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a look on MTS2 for user startup cheats - or here. Jordi created one he shared on a webpage and I'm pretty sure he had instructions on where to put it. If you haven't found anything in a day or so, PM me & I'll try to help. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: 2005 October 17, 11:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook, I'm positive I installed the right one. 

Twice now actually...lol.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: 2005 October 17, 11:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said Im such a novice I cant create a working user startupcheat or I would probably be Just Fine Embarrassed

The only things in my userstartup cheat are for the tv volume and the max # of visiting sims.  I'd imagine it'd work in any version of the game.

If you can't get it sorted, PM me with your email addy and I'll email it to you.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2005 October 17, 14:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now this is interesting...note: I do NOT have Nightlife.

Error messages galore in game now pertaining to the PleasureSeeker and Grilled Cheese Aspirations since installing the patch.

I only have base + Uni.

i.e. "ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = PleasureSeeker.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)
ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = GrilledCheese.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)"

And it keeps repeating, over and over and over...

Something definitely is wrong with the patch.  Of course I don't have PleasureSeeker or Grilled Cheese wants...I don't own NL!

Those "errors" are innocuous.  They should be just warnings (and they also shouldn't be shown in shipping versions of the game).
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2005 October 17, 15:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My file: http://members.chello.nl/b.kroonspecker/games/userstartup.cheat

Just place in config. Will be updated now and then whenever I change anything.

As you can see I don't change much, but do have aliases for all cheats I use.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 18, 21:23:17 by Jordi » Logged
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2005 October 17, 23:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those "errors" are innocuous.  They should be just warnings (and they also shouldn't be shown in shipping versions of the game).

Innocuous or not, they are still nevertheless showing when I don't have NL installed.  They shouldn't even be checking for NL stuff since I don't have NL...it clogs up LOTs of space that should be showing errors in my version only.  They don't just appear once, they appear 50+times when it happens...makes for a LOT of scrolling thru stuff to see what is REALLY an error...

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2005 October 18, 00:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Innocuous or not, they are still nevertheless showing when I don't have NL installed.  They shouldn't even be checking for NL stuff since I don't have NL...it clogs up LOTs of space that should be showing errors in my version only.  They don't just appear once, they appear 50+times when it happens...makes for a LOT of scrolling thru stuff to see what is REALLY an error...

I'll see what I can find out about why this data got put into the University patch.  However, there's probably nothing I can do at this point to make it better for you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2005 October 18, 05:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you uninstall/reinstall Uni, that should at least remove the patch, and you can go back to your hacks until someone at Maxis fixes the patch.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2005 October 18, 21:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given how long it took for the first one and how serious the bugs were, I think that's a really bad idea.   Shed loads of error messages are better than real bugs.  Maxis only just put out this patch - they're going to want to wait a decent interval before fixing the patch!  doing that too soon would look really bad!

Climbing on hobby horse - Of course what we really need is an updated patch for the basic game with headmaster bug, plagiarism etc etc fixed.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2005 October 18, 21:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it depends on how well the patch is working for you.  If you're still getting loads of problems, then maybe you're better off without it.  I've only just installed NL and played for a couple of hours, and so far I haven't found anything going radically wrong, so until I do, I'll hold off with the patch.  I did put the Uni one in before I installed, though, just in case.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2005 October 18, 23:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well just make sure your objects.package is set to read only then, otherwise it can get corrupted by things like Mrs. Crumplebottom getting bitten by a vampire, which the patch does fix. The patch runs okay for me, but I'm trying to think if it fixed anything I really cared about and that I had trouble with and couldn't fix without a hack. To be honest, I can't think of anything. *shrug* But I'm kind of anal about having to have the latest updates, patches drivers etc and will gladly used beta stuff too. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2005 October 19, 01:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I definitely already miss some of Pescado's stuff!  I'm going to have to check and see what can go back in!

But after running it through SimPE, at least the Flamingo of Contentment is working properly with no problems!

Haven't tried going downtown yet, only the community lots, so no Mrs. C. yet - but why so many more townies?  They seem to be just about everywhere and coming home on the school bus in droves!  Dustin's driving to school in a two seater so there's only room for him and the lodger's daughter!  And although I've no problem like LTW's not matching aspirations, they're all different from previous installations!  Which means Don isn't getting Brandi in this version!  Besides, it would be boring to play everything the same as before.

But if you don't think the patch is causing problems, then I might go ahead and put it in.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005 October 19, 05:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I definitely already miss some of Pescado's stuff!  I'm going to have to check and see what can go back in!

At least you have a list of what pretty much works and what doesn't. And there's a phonehack in testing the more or less works and does let you turn the ringer off. A lot of us early adopters didn't have that.  Sad

But if you don't think the patch is causing problems, then I might go ahead and put it in.

I think it should be fine. It fixes among other things some weird bug where Dustin brings Angela home every day heh, or so I hear. I don't play Pleasantview. Wink

After you patch, set the objects.package in the NL subdirectory to read-only again (the patch resets it to writeable) and also make a backup copy and stash it somewhere. The patch modifies it so if it ever gets corrupt and you use the one off the CD it won't be the latest updated patch version with the fixes.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005 October 19, 07:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And there's a phonehack in testing the more or less works and does let you turn the ringer off. A lot of us early adopters didn't have that.  Sad

The only thing I noticed with the phonehack, is when sims are 'calling friends' the icon in their queue reads 'manage groups' I think, though I didn't report it as I saw a post someone had already made on it. I use 'call family' and 'call friends' and haven't had a problem yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2005 October 19, 10:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks both of you for the advice, I think I will go ahead with it.  Haven't had the angela problem (which actually began in Sims2 itself) as I motherloded and put the brokes in the big new Townhouse, with a lodger and his daughter down in the basement.  And of course, I've made sure that both he and Brandi are turned on by the same things!  And dustin is hitting it off really well with the daughter, so as long as I don't let Brandi get married until they've left home, it should work out fine!  (But I'll definitely leave that up to them!  I've always found Dustin is pretty good at making up his mind what and who he wants - once Angela is out of his life and he's quit his job, anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2005 October 19, 16:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And there's a phonehack in testing the more or less works and does let you turn the ringer off. A lot of us early adopters didn't have that.  Sad

The only thing I noticed with the phonehack, is when sims are 'calling friends' the icon in their queue reads 'manage groups' I think, though I didn't report it as I saw a post someone had already made on it. I use 'call family' and 'call friends' and haven't had a problem yet.
I downloaded the phone hack and the ringer set option work very well in nightlife

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2005 October 21, 14:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks both of you for the advice, I think I will go ahead with it. 

This is probably teaching your grandmother to suck eggs, but  .........
I guess you're going to back up your 'hoods before you patch just in case...   AND take all the hacks out before you patch.  I think I'd back up before I put any back in as well once I'd had a quick trawl around the 'hood to make sure everything was OK.  You need to plan where you are going to go back to if you hit a problem with a hack or download conflict.  We haven't found all of them yet I'm sure!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2005 October 21, 14:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found any need to take the hacks out. *shrug* Someone even claimed taking out their downloads caused them problems when they added them back later though I'm not quite sure why that would be.

Anyhow, I can report that having left them in when I patched caused me no problems before during or after the patch. It's not as big of a deal as an expansion and as far as I can tell no hacks have been broken because of the patch so the only ones I can see the real need to take out are any that have fix something the patch is supposed to fix.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2005 October 22, 10:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed tonight...my Sims on my Uni lots do NOT have their facial animations back when speaking on the telephone.

I noticed this as well when I patched Uni.  However, when I installed Nightlife and patched that, the facial animations are fixed.  The difference is quite striking, actually.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005 October 24, 01:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I patched, I hadn't at that stage put anything back in, I took everything in my Sims 2 folder out before I installed NL and I've been playing with a new version of Pleasantview.  When I'm absolutely sure everything is working the way I want it to, I'll put my neighbourhoods back in, but I'm still in the process of restoring all my downloads, though I've found very few problems so far, apart from a few recolours not working, even though I've run everything through simPE first.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: