More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 19:18:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Chemistry= Stupid coding?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Chemistry= Stupid coding?  (Read 20559 times)
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Sim Chemistry= Stupid coding?
« on: 2006 July 14, 04:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After going into my game, I was peeking into one of my sims relationship panels and noticed something odd about the way chemistry works.
 My sim Tracy's turn on's are glasses and face hair and Lazlo (the sim she always gives those pink heart call me sometime though bubbles to) turn off is fatness (Tracy is fat) and he gives the gag me black hearts though bubble everytime he sees her.
 When they first met she showed two bolts. When I went to his house, he showed no bolts. Back to her she went to two to none!   HUH?

How on earth did she go from two to none and why is she still doing that annoying harpy pinkheart thing when it is neutral?

Plus why can't one sim have three bolts and the object of their desire have a bolt crossed out at the same time?

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Sim Chemistry= Stupid coding?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 14, 05:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me that attraction is always an average because unrequited love is such a part of life.  Cheesy

I think the turn ons/offs are a small part of attraction. Did you change the aspiration of one of them, or do something that altered personality (but not turn ons)?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 14, 05:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attraction is not an average. Chemistry is the average of attractions, but attractions can and often are entirely unilateral. However, unidirectional attraction has basically no effect on the stock game, since the only effect is chemistry +Rel. The attraction engine remains uncoupled from anything that has do with anything, including, for instance, who sims want to flirt with, who they fall in love with, etc.

An experimental hack in testing is currently aimed at reducing the "instant love" effect by making it harder for a single flirt to instantly cause automatic crush/love. People feeling brave can test-drive it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 14, 08:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An experimental hack in testing is currently aimed at reducing the "instant love" effect by making it harder for a single flirt to instantly cause automatic crush/love. People feeling brave can test-drive it.

I got brave and found a call to go to Downtown got my Alexander Goth crushed on the Female who called him even i sayd no. He has no lighting bolts, and  85/82 Relations to her . Cheesy He has only a memory for got best friends with her at this Time. She is a Dormie he knows .
« Last Edit: 2006 July 14, 08:21:53 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 14, 08:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what would cause that. Or what you even did.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 14, 08:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did nothing. He is Popularity she is Romance. She crushed again. I inveted here and she brought another Female Dormie. I have no clue why but now she is crushed with the female Dormie. Relations to here are 95/15.
  I moved here in got her fit (his turn on). No Woohoo option for him no love.
But she could after the fist kiss with him. Now after fullfilling his wish to make out with here they have tree lightning bolts for each other.

But no Love from his side. After tree time Woohoo. Typical Male. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 July 14, 10:44:37 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 14, 10:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never observed crushes occurring over the phone.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 14, 11:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims should both have the same number of bolts for each other.  If they don't, I think something is messed up in your game files.
Pink hearts, crushes and swooning actions have nothing to do with that.  All sims swoon over a romance sim unless you have the hack that stops it.  There are/were some stupid crush-causing things in the game, some are fixed in patches (e.g. hand-helds).

VioletKitty explained the bolts to me on another board.  Here's an extract iin case it helps. 

"Basically, the only purpose [of bolts] is building relationships. Once they are in love, it doesn't really affect the relationship. 2 sims with 3 bolts will be able to engage in certain interactions sooner than they could with none or negative chemistry, and the chance of acceptance is higher as well. You won't see it with a couple that is already in love, but if you just meet someone, there will be lightning bolts by certain interactions because of their attraction.

The highest attraction is two sims with identical personalities and aspirations. Notice that a Family sim is positive toward Knowledge, but Knowledge is neutral toward family. Just because you like a sim, doesn't mean they like you. The bolts are mutual though in the mix.

Aspiration        Attraction                  Neutral                        NegAttraction
Romance         Rom & Pop                    For, Plea, Gr. Chz.           Fam & Know
Fortune           For, Fam, Plea, Gr Chz     Rom                             Pop
Popularity        Pop                              Rom, Fam, Gr. Chz          For & Plea
Family             Fam & Know                   For & Gr Chz                  Rom, Pop, Plea
Knowledge      Know                            Pop, Fam, Plea, Gr Chz    Rom & For
Pleasure          Plea, Rom, For, Gr Chz     Pop & Know                  Fam
Grilled Cheese  Gr Chz                           all others                       none
"
You can't create an attraction  just from turn-on/offs.  Though if you fix the turn-offs, you can tweak the bolts a bit e.g. change a 2 bolt to a 3 bolt attraction.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 14, 12:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx cwykes for your post but i got an Awesome romancemod for testplay in my game so i reportet this to Mr. J.M. .
 I am happy it happened but it shouldnt on the Handy.

I had an Eye on her because i wantet here for him. So i made them knowing eatch other. After his Graduation Party in his new Home  she called him to go to Downtown.
 The usual invite to a Group , for new Sims in a Neighbourhood.
 At this time they got a Crush on each other with no related Memory, and no visible Chemistry.

I invited here to his Home she brought another Female Dormie with here. While i am not watching here she made something with the other dormie and crushed again.

Now she is crushed and in love with A.Goth, but he is only crushed on here. I have made Alexander move here in. She could Woohoo him 3 Times but it works not for him. No Love. Both have tree lighning bolts for each other. So Chemistry is fine. And she is Pregnat now
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 14, 12:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now. Redownload from test.

Sims should both have the same number of bolts for each other.  If they don't, I think something is messed up in your game files.
Pink hearts, crushes and swooning actions have nothing to do with that.  All sims swoon over a romance sim unless you have the hack that stops it.  There are/were some stupid crush-causing things in the game, some are fixed in patches (e.g. hand-helds).
Sim bolts are "cached", so if something changes a sim's chemistry, such as fluctuation of turn-ons, personality, aspiration changes, love potions, etc., the results may be slow to display.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 14, 13:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow thats fast.
* hits Thx Button
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 14, 14:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VioletKitty explained the bolts to me on another board.  Here's an extract iin case it helps. 

"Basically, the only purpose [of bolts] is building relationships. Once they are in love, it doesn't really affect the relationship. 2 sims with 3 bolts will be able to engage in certain interactions sooner than they could with none or negative chemistry, and the chance of acceptance is higher as well. You won't see it with a couple that is already in love, but if you just meet someone, there will be lightning bolts by certain interactions because of their attraction.

I know you are just repeating what you've heard but I have a hard time believing that the bolts have no effect after love is established. I've had 2 3-bolt couples in the last several months and in both cases all they did was kiss and interact with each other (dance, hug, flirt, etc) all day if I wasn't actively telling them what to do. That occasionally happens with my 1 bolt couples, but not to the same extent I saw in both the 3-bolt couples.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 14, 14:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bolts provide a +rel boost. However, nothing requires greater than 100/100 for acceptance, generally not even that, so beyond that, it serves no purpose.

vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 14, 14:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the 3 bolt lovers are more annoying then cute anymore.  In my hostel house, one wife died for following around someone who was not her husband all day and night, even sleeping in the same bed as him.  Every five minutes she was congradulating him for being hot?  Stupid sims.

The End.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 14, 16:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's still funny, but mostly because she died. 3 bolt couples are the most likely to have fights about who flushed the toilet when who was in the shower because of the trailing around after one another.

vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 14, 16:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was kind of funny for the first few hours.  Wife #1 and Husband #2 were the love birds while their spouses also hung out together.  But they weren't so much in love as it was a love hate relationship.  Wife #2 was extremely mean and continually tricked Husband #1 into playing punch you punch me and then giving him a good wack.  Which was immediately followed by him crying and and her laughing just to do it all again.

Linda says to Theodore, "Congrats again, Theo.  You are super fine!"

Kynia says to Joe, "Hey, wanna play punch you punch me again?"

The End.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 14, 19:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's still funny, but mostly because she died. 3 bolt couples are the most likely to have fights about who flushed the toilet when who was in the shower because of the trailing around after one another.

Just like real life! *snickers*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 14, 20:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably this will work OK with the new version of Casual Romance?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 14, 20:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People feeling brave can test-drive it.

Wink
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 14, 23:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one thing I haven't figured out about this system.  As mentioned in an earlier example, Family sims are attracted to Knowledge sims, but Knowledge sims are neutral towards family sims.  So, do they get a lightning bolt or not? What does a neutral/good combo get you in the game? What about bad/neutral compatibility?

It doesn't makes sense to me that the zodiac and aspiration compatibilities are not equal, but yet both sides of the couple have the same number of bolts.  I mean, I do understand that the bolts are the overall chemistry rather than the individual attraction, but I don't understand the purpose of this.  What is the point of attractions not being equal, if it has no effect on game play? Or does it have an effect that's measured in some way other than lightning bolts?
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 14, 23:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the 3 bolt lovers are more annoying then cute anymore.  In my hostel house, one wife died for following around someone who was not her husband all day and night, even sleeping in the same bed as him.  Every five minutes she was congradulating him for being hot?  Stupid sims.

Another reason I try my hardest NOT to get three bolt coupling and that is hard. I must be a good matchmaker or something.

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 15, 00:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey look! Something useful!

It more or less explains all that craptastic irrational attraction stuff.

All real credit goes to Amberdiceless for being awesome enough to make the original chart. It was just insanely hard to read, so I made a pretty one.

* simscompatabilitychart.rar (195.49 KB - downloaded 187 times.)
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 15, 01:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figures Angry  I downloaded the chart and I can't get the stupid thing for some weird reason.

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 15, 05:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this then:

Compatability Chart
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 15, 06:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooh. I just thought of a way to pervert this for my own evil ends in a bachelor challenge story.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: