More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 21:56:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 233762 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #300 on: 2005 September 17, 08:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the "selectable" option when you shift click on a sim

Shift-click!!  Ah that's what I haven't been trying Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2005 September 17, 08:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you are a round mound of gray fatness, Inge.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2005 September 17, 09:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It hasn't happened again, but I just put Meroloa's Mind Control Mirror on every lot in Downtown. 

Just as note, I've found the "selectable" option when you shift click on a sim while having 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' on actually does work now (it didn't with the original game or university), so you really don't need the mind control mirror or insimenator to make a sim selectable now.

Thanks I'll try it.

Meanwhile in other news I've found a new problem, I saw it reported elsewhere but thought I'd mention it here.   Cafeteria servers in dorms don't work right.  WHen I first went into the dorm there were two cafeteria workers, one of them a visitor and one of them the "working" cafeteria worker.  However, the "working" cafeteria worker won't work, or leave.   She stays there all day, goes to sleep in a student's bed if not deleted.   The "work in cafeteria" option drops out of queue.   Cafeteria worker comes back at usual time if deleted, but still doesn't work.

Note: my game is currently NOT hack-free.  TOmorrow I'll take out the hacks I just put in and see if that clears it up.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: 2005 September 17, 09:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you are a round mound of gray fatness, Inge.

Love is a wonderful thing  Kiss

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2005 September 17, 09:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read through this thread and must add my two cents.  I saw that the no inheiritance was mentioned, but what about the disappearance of the platimum tombstones.  I actually saw my last tombstone disappear.  It wasn't in an overpopulated neighborhood either.  Also, I have original families(in Veronaville) that are in their original houses where part of them age and part of them don't.  It is happening in 5 families--it doesn't even make sence.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2005 September 17, 09:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remembered something when I was playing downtown.  Don was downtown on 5 dates and he couldn't ask to be seated any of the times.  Everytime the mouse would even get close to the waitress there would be an error.  Something about a missing string to the table or something like that.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2005 September 17, 13:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found a new bug, and since this is where I keep seeing AppreciatedMaxoid (can't hate a rescuer!), I'm posting it here!

My Sims can't get into the cemetery in Downtown! Sorry if there's more than one ~ the one I've tried is the first cemetery on the list. The car procedes normally, but when "I" arrive, the lot is in Build Mode (with red paused frame). Yet, I can't actually build anything, because no matter where I click, the dialog pops up informing me that I must have my Sim use the phone to call a taxi, or changes won't be saved. But I'm not trying to leave, and my Sim isn't even on the lot. So I exit without saving (my only option), and end up back in Downtown.

This happens whether the Sim trying to drive to the cemetery lives in the Neighborhood or Downtown. Either way, exiting puts me Downtown.

No hacks. Uni installed. My karaoke machine actually worksHuh
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2005 September 17, 15:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the problem with the Maxis Floor Lamp - The Tulip Lamp - been fixed?
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. In case you aren't familiar with it, some people do not get all the options for redecorating the lamp, it looks like something uncolorable when you purchase it and you can't use the decorating tool on it. I have the same problem with the most expensive non four poster bed. I didn't even know I had a problem until someone made a fix for it.
Stuck invisible Kicky-Bags still happen with Nightlife (blocked a sink in the kitchen, first lot that was played, during the first ever kicky-bag interaction after installing the EP  Roll Eyes I Hope the Nuke kicky-bag option on the lot debugger still works)
Let us know if it does, to tide us over until we get the patch.

Also, are bonfires fixed? People were saying that when the bonfire is "out" the fire keeps burning, and even if you delete the bonfire, the graphics for the fire are still there, permanently. I've never even bought the bonfire because I didn't want to experience this.

By the way, the spawining of baristas appears to not be fixed.  I wrote down the number of char files in my neighborhood, went to a lot with a coffee bar (and I had been to a lot with one before, so any preliminary servers could be spawned if they wern't with instalation), and had no babies in my hood. When I was done with gameplay, I found one more char file in that folder than was there previously.
Looks like I'm back to juice bars on those lots.

Sara, I'm happy to say that the 'Nuke kicky-bag' option works just like it used to Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2005 September 17, 15:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was hoping to hear - hopefully you'll take that the right way  Cheesy Mine had to be bulldozed as a result too.  Do you have NL?  I'm using 8 money trees that have reloaded around 5 times together so far.  No crashes yet, but don't get your hopes up as I've only had the game installed for a few hours.  I'll set up a lot with loads of trees next, if that doesn't kill it then we may be okay.

I haven't tried it yet, I'm afraid too lol. Thing is with those damned trees every time I tried to get them to do it, like setting up a dummy test lot money tree farm, I couldn't seem to get it to crash. But when I actually had accomplished a lot through several hours of play, you can bet it would crash on my and ruin the lot. :p I guess I should try again though.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2005 September 17, 15:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it yet, I'm afraid too lol. Thing is with those damned trees every time I tried to get them to do it, like setting up a dummy test lot money tree farm, I couldn't seem to get it to crash. But when I actually had accomplished a lot through several hours of play, you can bet it would crash on my and ruin the lot. :p I guess I should try again though.  Undecided

Set up a test lot with a test sim rather than take the chance, it can happen on a custom lot just as well as any other.  I still haven't set up my test lot yet, it was getting pretty late but I think I'll do that right now.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2005 September 17, 16:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruann, I ment was it fixed in the patch that is upcoming.
Man I just got the slowdown bug for the first time. I was able to use the lot debugger to clear visitors, but every sim hour the problem reoccured. The first time the debugger cleared 30 visitors, the second time 45 and this last time it was 55. I just alt tabbed and checked my charecter files for the neighborhood. It shot up from 237 to 433!!! And simpe isn't working with Nightlife for me to clear the new charecters.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2005 September 17, 16:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i had a teenager die from running with scissors... i swear i didn't know that.. that was very sad..
Anyway, the father wanted to ressurect her the stepmother wanted to create a zombie, but the wants of sending her to college vanished

lmao! That happened to me as well. Of course, we shouldn't be surprised should we? I mean, they were RUNNING with SCISSORS!  Tongue

I'm off-topic *hides inside a stuck kicky bag*

Instant gratification takes too long.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2005 September 17, 16:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm off-topic *hides inside a stuck kicky bag*
Hell this is the longest thread I've ever seen here that stayed on topic for so long. I think everyone is behaving for the Maxoid's sake. Otherwise it would be about goats, the Carribean, and football. Oh yeah, and what the British slang for football is. I beleive it is soccer by the way.
This is by no means an encouragement to stray. Definately keep on topic so the Maxoid doens't leave for fear of a breakdown.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2005 September 17, 16:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no! Most Brits throw a fit if you use the word soccer. To them, there is only one football, the one that has Beckhams and Rooneys and so on. They seem to forget about Rugby League Football, Rugby Union Football, Aussie Rules Football, Canadian Football and good old American Football. Go Panthers, by the way.  Grin
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: 2005 September 17, 17:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man I just got the slowdown bug for the first time. I was able to use the lot debugger to clear visitors, but every sim hour the problem reoccured.

If it was the 'missing entrance portal' slowdown bug, it'll keep recurring until the portal is replaced.  I don't know if the usual portal replacement kit works with NL, but I don't see anything in the thread saying that it doesn't...

DC
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2005 September 17, 17:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no! Most Brits throw a fit if you use the word soccer.
yeah Cheesy.
If it was the 'missing entrance portal' slowdown bug, it'll keep recurring until the portal is replaced.  I don't know if the usual portal replacement kit works with NL, but I don't see anything in the thread saying that it doesn't...

DC

Cool, ty. Never heard of this fix, other stuck people I got were on foot, so clearing visitors kept it gone.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: 2005 September 17, 17:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, although I have no singing sounds from my karaoke, no sound effects from bowling, and the Matchmaker brings totally unmatched dates no matter how much she has been paid, one thing has improved ... my water is now BLUE instead of red!  What a shame I deleted most of the ponds from my houses.  Talking of houses, anyone know anywhere to download ones with garages/driveways? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2005 September 17, 17:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruann, I ment was it fixed in the patch that is upcoming.
Man I just got the slowdown bug for the first time. I was able to use the lot debugger to clear visitors, but every sim hour the problem reoccured. The first time the debugger cleared 30 visitors, the second time 45 and this last time it was 55. I just alt tabbed and checked my charecter files for the neighborhood. It shot up from 237 to 433!!! And simpe isn't working with Nightlife for me to clear the new charecters.

Oh Crap Sad  I was thinking about putting crammyboys preventative back in a few minutes ago, looks like I'll have to now.  Let us know if the portal replacement still works with Nightlife please!

Nightlife broke something of Uni's, when a sim tries to make Chef Salad with the Mini-Fridge, the ingredients just up and disappear as soon as they are placed on top of the fridge.  Just gone completely.

Speaking of Uni & Bugs, will there be a fix for the dorm students where they 'want' something like Mac & Cheese, but unless they make it themselves it won't be fulfilled.  In other words eating the Cafeteria's food doesn't fulfill the food want.

On an unrelated note, driveways can be placed on dorm lots with the dormSpecificTools cheat.  My student has been quite happily zooming around campus and downtown with her cheap new car Smiley  Mind you I had to demolish most of her dorm room to make the drive fit in  Cheesy Anyway, just popped out of the game to mention the broken fridge & wants thing, and now I'm heading back in, but before I go Soccer is the American word for our (british) Football.  American football is basically Rugby for pansies, and Rugby is not football at all.   Tongue
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2005 September 17, 17:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Crap Sad  I was thinking about putting crammyboys preventative back in a few minutes ago, looks like I'll have to now.  Let us know if the portal replacement still works with Nightlife please!
Well, I would, but before I got that link, I was already in the process of bulldozing and replacing their house. So I can't test it yet, but will if/when I get the bug again.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2005 September 17, 18:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found a new bug, and since this is where I keep seeing AppreciatedMaxoid (can't hate a rescuer!), I'm posting it here!

My Sims can't get into the cemetery in Downtown! Sorry if there's more than one ~ the one I've tried is the first cemetery on the list. The car procedes normally, but when "I" arrive, the lot is in Build Mode (with red paused frame). Yet, I can't actually build anything, because no matter where I click, the dialog pops up informing me that I must have my Sim use the phone to call a taxi, or changes won't be saved. But I'm not trying to leave, and my Sim isn't even on the lot. So I exit without saving (my only option), and end up back in Downtown.

This happens whether the Sim trying to drive to the cemetery lives in the Neighborhood or Downtown. Either way, exiting puts me Downtown.

No hacks. Uni installed. My karaoke machine actually worksHuh

This only happens for the cemetary?  Hmm, very strange...  Try entering it in simless build mode, force save, and then visit it.  Or try taking an ownable car there (I think we found one problem with the taxi sometimes...).
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2005 September 17, 18:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man I just got the slowdown bug for the first time. I was able to use the lot debugger to clear visitors, but every sim hour the problem reoccured.

DC

We have a fix for the missing portal bug in the Uni & NL patch.  CrammyBoy helped us find it.  In the meantime, you can try to use his fix on MTS2.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 18:16:55 by MaxoidTom » Logged
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2005 September 17, 18:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an aproximate date for this patch to go live? I am starting to miss it a lot, after reading all 4 pages of bugs...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2005 September 17, 18:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to add my voice to the clamor for Uni career LTW. The "design" logic on this makes NO sense. If a teen gets a want for a uni career, it is only by the player's CHOICE that that want will be unfulfillable (if the teen isn't sent to uni). So really, the want is not unfulfillable in ANY sense--all it means is you have to go to uni to fulfill it, which is perfectly reasonable! And yet--I had a lot of sims who were elders when I got uni--want to guess how many of them ended up with wants that were fulfillable? Just about NONE--because they all got career wants for careers they weren't in and couldn't get into (without JM's hack, anyway). And the designers didn't do anything about that!

Even if the teen-"unfulfillable" want were an issue (and if it is, why isn't the elder-unfulfillable want an issue?) there are so many ways around it that have been pointed out in this thread, all so far superior to the one that was chosen!

I do not mean to sound hostile at all as 1. it's not really all your fault and 2. I think you are beyond incredible for listening to all this complaining about bugs and bad design, as well, it's a huge job! I'd just really like to hear, considering the things I and others have pointed out about this, how this "design" really makes any sense and/or is better than any of the suggested alternatives...or why no one thought of any alternatives, or why they're impossible, or anything...
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2005 September 17, 18:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an aproximate date for this patch to go live? I am starting to miss it a lot, after reading all 4 pages of bugs...

Hopefully very soon, but I can't promise any dates (otherwise, people get very mad if we were late and call us liars).  We are still testing it.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2005 September 17, 18:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to add my voice to the clamor for Uni career LTW. The "design" logic on this makes NO sense. If a teen gets a want for a uni career, it is only by the player's CHOICE that that want will be unfulfillable (if the teen isn't sent to uni). So really, the want is not unfulfillable in ANY sense--all it means is you have to go to uni to fulfill it, which is perfectly reasonable! And yet--I had a lot of sims who were elders when I got uni--want to guess how many of them ended up with wants that were fulfillable? Just about NONE--because they all got career wants for careers they weren't in and couldn't get into (without JM's hack, anyway). And the designers didn't do anything about that!

Even if the teen-"unfulfillable" want were an issue (and if it is, why isn't the elder-unfulfillable want an issue?) there are so many ways around it that have been pointed out in this thread, all so far superior to the one that was chosen!

I do not mean to sound hostile at all as 1. it's not really all your fault and 2. I think you are beyond incredible for listening to all this complaining about bugs and bad design, as well, it's a huge job! It just aggravates me to no end that this is repeatedly called "design" when thinking about it for thirty seconds reveals dozens of better solutions that are far more sensible...

I will continue to push on my side for Uni LTWs, but putting them back in will not be that easy, particulary because we need to retest all those things and translate all the strings in all the languages we support.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: