More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:42:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 231640 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
So what's been fixed in NL
« on: 2005 September 13, 18:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried posting this on MTS2 but it got deleted....

So, does anyone know what bugs have been patched in NL?
Hated Maxoid --- nudge nudge.

TA

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 13, 18:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried posting this on MTS2 but it got deleted....

So, does anyone know what bugs have been patched in NL?
Hated Maxoid --- nudge nudge.

TA

Let me know which ones you are concerned about and I'll do some digging.  Otherwise, it may be a bit tough for me to wade through all the changes to see what exactly has been fixed.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 13, 18:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

missing icons from multi gen families, greek amnesia, npcs and townies amnesia when brought into play, death tombstone and inheritence bug, baby lecture, stuck bills, repoed diploma, some party bugs...just a few off the top of my head.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 13, 18:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I wouldn't know where to start listing them all.  Some are obviously more important than others, but how about all the ones there are fixes for on this site?!  A lot of the time it's the little things that cause the main problems, such as stuck kicky-bags and cellphones.  I had a dorm that was practically unplayable and why?  There were about 149 stuck cellphones!!!  It was actually TwoJeffs who discovered this when looking at one of my error logs and he made an immediate fix for it - took him well under 24 hours.  Yet after 6 months there is no fix from Maxis?  The same with JM and the Greek amnesia problem, to name but one.  And if it wasn't for JM's townie/NPC amnesia fix (which I asked for in the first place), I would still be painstakingly copying out endless memories and having to replace each one individually with SimPE.  It's things like this that make the game so frustrating that we wonder why we are playing it.  

I for one could do with the extra money from a bit of the old beta-testing ... any offers???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 13, 19:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I want to know if the missing job icon thing has been fixed. The one related to the remote car. I really like the little thing but it was responsible for me loosing my favorite hood (it wouldn't work properly after I re-installed) and I haven't touched the car since but I really would like to sometime in the future.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 13, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a big problem with children that arrive home from school at the same time as their parents.  They get the queue to hug a parent which causes them to ignore getting out their homework and instead they "jump" off the bus.  Some children end up in the the garden, others warp to the kitchen.  Pescado's hugging hack currently fixes this.

Also have the handhelds been fixed so that they no longer cause crushes?

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 13, 19:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my major ones are the death bug and the final exam bug.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 13, 19:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as is mine
I feel the major problem with the game lies with "over crowded" neighborhoods.
It does not lend itself to long term gameplay.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 13, 19:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like others have already said, the overcrowding bugs are my biggest concern - tombstone/inheritance, not being able to move out, not attending final exams, etc. Not far behind that is the corrupted portal/NPC slowdown issue and saving while a Sim is using a cell phone.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 13, 19:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to know if the ability to move a sim from one neighborhood to another has been fixed. That seems to be a fiery ball from outer space game stopping issue when its done. (maybe not immediately, but it does fubar and usually at the most inconvenient time)
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 13, 20:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like others have already said, the overcrowding bugs are my biggest concern - tombstone/inheritance, not being able to move out, not attending final exams, etc. Not far behind that is the corrupted portal/NPC slowdown issue and saving while a Sim is using a cell phone.

Same here, by far my biggest issues were with the overcrowding bugs- Dead elders showing up in the loading screen and causing all sorts of problems, college graduates who wouldn't go home, final exam screw ups and so on. A couple of other annoyances for me were stuck kicky bags that became invisible (making it impossible to delete the kicky bag), spam of blank "family reunion" memories when anyone had a party and invited family members, Greek house amnesia, and guests who would drop dead from starvation while playing with the rabbit head with a toddler.

I'd love to know what has been done to hopefully rectify these issues.  Smiley
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 13, 20:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

missing icons from multi gen families, greek amnesia, npcs and townies amnesia when brought into play, death tombstone and inheritence bug, baby lecture, stuck bills, repoed diploma, some party bugs...just a few off the top of my head.

missing icons for multi-gen families - not aware of any problem, perhaps you could elaborate
greek amnesia - Nightlife and Uni patch
stuck bills - Nightlife patch and Uni patch
death tombstone and inheritence bug - i think this is a big neighborhood problem.  we increased the max iterations limit in Nightlife, but I'm not immediately aware of anything specific
repo'd diploma - Nightlife patch and Unii patch
baby lecture - please explain?
party bugs - elaborate?
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 13, 20:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I wouldn't know where to start listing them all.  Some are obviously more important than others, but how about all the ones there are fixes for on this site?!  A lot of the time it's the little things that cause the main problems, such as stuck kicky-bags and cellphones.  I had a dorm that was practically unplayable and why?  There were about 149 stuck cellphones!!!  It was actually TwoJeffs who discovered this when looking at one of my error logs and he made an immediate fix for it - took him well under 24 hours.  Yet after 6 months there is no fix from Maxis?  The same with JM and the Greek amnesia problem, to name but one.  And if it wasn't for JM's townie/NPC amnesia fix (which I asked for in the first place), I would still be painstakingly copying out endless memories and having to replace each one individually with SimPE.  It's things like this that make the game so frustrating that we wonder why we are playing it.  

I for one could do with the extra money from a bit of the old beta-testing ... any offers???

I think we fixed the kicky-bag, but I'm not 100%.  As for stuck cellphones, I haven't heard anything about this.  Perhaps you could send an error log.

I'm sorry you are having problems.  We're working on it.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 13, 20:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I want to know if the missing job icon thing has been fixed. The one related to the remote car. I really like the little thing but it was responsible for me loosing my favorite hood (it wouldn't work properly after I re-installed) and I haven't touched the car since but I really would like to sometime in the future.

This has been fixed in the Uni patch and Nightlife patch.  It is related to the RC car being in-use on save/reload.  It should be ok if you are not using it, but I'd stay away from it until the patch(es) are out.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 13, 20:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the final exam bug is fixed, but I'm not sure what death bug you are talking about.  Can you elaborate?
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 13, 20:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to know if the ability to move a sim from one neighborhood to another has been fixed. That seems to be a fiery ball from outer space game stopping issue when its done. (maybe not immediately, but it does fubar and usually at the most inconvenient time)

Ability to move a sim from one neighborhood to the next?  Via the lot catalog?  What problems are you encountering?
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 13, 20:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen this thread?Looks like Nightlife is having a few bugs already

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 13, 20:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is impossible for sims to fulfil the graduate 3 sims from College want.  I've tried having the parent on the lot just prior to graduation and have also had them turn up for the graduation party but it doesn't help.  However I am not aware of a fix.  Here's a link to describe the situation.

Ability to move a sim from one neighborhood to the next? Via the lot catalog? What problems are you encountering?

I do not have a problem as such however I do not like the extra character files that are included during the move.  As the sims are no longer friendly with townies, can their memories be wiped to stop the need for the useless character files taking up unnecessary space in the characters folder?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 13, 20:30:45 by HRH Posie » Logged

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 13, 20:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the final exam bug is fixed, but I'm not sure what death bug you are talking about.  Can you elaborate?

I believe that's referring to the no inheritance/tombstone bug.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 13, 20:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

party bugs - elaborate?

The one party bug I can think of off the top of my head is what I'd mentioned above-the spam of blank "family reunion" memories. In my personal experience I had an elder couple invite three grown children, two nieces, a brother and some friends to their anniversary party. Each of the adult children and the two nieces had 30 blank family reunion memories. Strangest thing I'd ever seen.

And I'm pretty sure gynarchy's right about the reference to the death bug. The elder dies, there's no inheritance/tombstone, the elder remains in the loading screen for the lot. The lot is screwed up in that you can't move anyone out, births crash if you've reached the 8 person max (including the not so dead sim), sims still call on the phone for the "dead" sim. I could be forgetting a few details, once it hit me I used the elaborate "workaround" to get the sim dead for good and then downloaded Pescado's fix.

BTW, thanks for letting us know everything you've been able to find. I really appreciate it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 September 13, 20:39:33 by cabelle » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 13, 20:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baby lecture refers to a sim canceling orders to change diaper to lecture baby for soiling diaper. Dropping tired babies is another issue, as well as birthday problems for babies to toddlers. Often the baby is unable to age properly to toddler and results in many ques to help with birthday, putting the baby down and it getting stuck, the baby getting stuck in the air or what have you.

As for moving sims from one neighborhood to another via lotbinning the house they live in to put them in a different neighborhood, this issue is that the sim(s) bring memories/copies of sims i.e. everyone they ever met from the previous neighborhood to the new one so you will have duplicates. There are scores of threads on this issue. It ends up crashing the game eventually.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 13, 20:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The not being able to go to final exams and not being able to move home I think also go along with the death bug (I'm sure there are others as well), although I had the final exam bug happen with a CAS Sim in a brand new neighborhood.

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 13, 20:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is impossible for sims to fulfil the graduate 3 sims from College want.  I've tried having the parent on the lot just prior to graduation and have also had them turn up for the graduation party but it doesn't help.  However I am not aware of a fix.  Here's a link to describe the situation.

Ability to move a sim from one neighborhood to the next? Via the lot catalog? What problems are you encountering?

I do not have a problem as such however I do not like the extra character files that are included during the move.  As the sims are no longer friendly with townies, can their memories be wiped to stop the need for the useless character files taking up unnecessary space in the characters folder?

I'm having someone look at the College want (it may have been fixed, but investigating).

As for the moving sims from one unrelated neighborhood to another, that's the way it was designed to keep the family tree intact, memories, etc.  Sorry.  The character files should be smaller, but I understand that they count towards the overall neighbor count--this has been fixed in the Uni patch as well as Nightlife.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 13, 20:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado I for one would really appreciate it since you have fixed and are witness to issues with TS2 and Uni if you would join this thread and document what you personally found to be known issues.

It seems to me it might be more advantageous if one (almighty) person who has dealt with and created mods for them, came up with a list here, in a manner which a fellow design person can understand. (you know, that computer speak stuff about trees and x085 etc...)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 13, 20:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom: The missing icon bug is caused by the objects.package from the University CD (not the one from the TS2 CD) getting corrupted somehow. Copying that file from the CD compressed.zip file on the CD to Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects does fix the problem. I don't know if that file is supposed to be modified ever or not, but I noticed when it gets corrupted it does have a later modified date and different file size than the one on the CD.

Some people have connected this bug to the remote controlled car and I think the objects.package file references it so I suppose it's possible. Basically the symptoms are that your icons dissappear and end up blank without pictures and when the sims come home their promotions don't get registered and they don't seem to get their pay either. There's been a lot of discussion about it on MTS2, some here, and I would imagine on the BBS. Some people, like myself, have had this bug numerous times, others never have so it seems to be related to how people play the game, like perhaps some people use the remote controlled car and others don't.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: