More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:15:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vamprocillin-D
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vamprocillin-D  (Read 10824 times)
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Vamprocillin-D
« on: 2005 September 26, 03:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone managed to influence a vampire to drink Vamprocillin-D? One of my sim's friends is a vamp, and I was trying to turn her human again by influencing her to drink the Vamprocillin. Unfortunately, she really doesn't seem to want to. I put the potion on the ground next to her, use the "Influence to drink Vamprocillin-D" action, and the vamp nods as if the interaction worked, but then nothing happens. I lose no Influence points, and the vamp doesn't drink.

Tried a number of different things with this, including trying with two different sims, on a residentital and a community lot, with both a vamp and a non-vamp sim doing the influencing.....tried emptying my Downloads folder in case a hack was doing it....but no joy. Anyone have any ideas?
nothingbutsims
Re: Vamprocillin-D
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 26, 03:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm - I wonder if the vamp needs to use her own Vamprocillin-D, therefore, needing it in her inventory?  Just a thought.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 26, 03:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone managed to influence a vampire to drink Vamprocillin-D? One of my sim's friends is a vamp, and I was trying to turn her human again by influencing her to drink the Vamprocillin. Unfortunately, she really doesn't seem to want to. I put the potion on the ground next to her, use the "Influence to drink Vamprocillin-D" action, and the vamp nods as if the interaction worked, but then nothing happens. I lose no Influence points, and the vamp doesn't drink.

Tried a number of different things with this, including trying with two different sims, on a residentital and a community lot, with both a vamp and a non-vamp sim doing the influencing.....tried emptying my Downloads folder in case a hack was doing it....but no joy. Anyone have any ideas?

I was discussing in another thread a similar thing about my Sim's wife to be turning into a Vampire and getting her turned back etc. I was getting excited until I read nothingbutsims post.  Sad   Good thought though.
Ah well, maybe I'll try influencing her to drink it anyway............if it works, I'll post the results.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 26, 03:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm - I wonder if the vamp needs to use her own Vamprocillin-D, therefore, needing it in her inventory?  Just a thought.

I've seen other posts about this on one of the other sites, or maybe the BBS (can't remember at the moment) but I think nothingbutsims is right. The vamp needs to use his/her own Vamprocillin-D from his/her inventory. For some reason they won't touch it otherwise, even if it's on the table right in front of them. I don't know if this is a glitch or as designed.  Huh Would you be able to get the medicine into the vampire's inventory with Merola's mind control mirror or is that not NL compatible yet?

There's always the options of the new cheats, and some nifty new modded objects made from the cheats (as I mentioned in the other vampire thread). Carrigon's gold spider and Twojeffs' college adjuster have options for the vampire cheats, along with many others. They definitely make my gameplay more enjoyable for me.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 26, 03:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't have to be in their inventory. Have a look down the bottom: http://www.livejournal.com/community/thesims2/1284926.html

Wouldn't make much sense if a non-controllable vamp had to have the Vamprocillin in their inventory.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 26, 15:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't have to be in their inventory. Have a look down the bottom: http://www.livejournal.com/community/thesims2/1284926.html

Wouldn't make much sense if a non-controllable vamp had to have the Vamprocillin in their inventory.

My apologies for not being clear in my post. With the other posts I've been seeing that describe the same problem as you I think this is an unfortunate glitch. By design you should be able to influence a sim to drink the potion (whether it is the vamprocillin, the renu-port-a-chug or the love potion) but for some reason it doesn't work. The interaction simply disappears. I had the same problem with the renu-port-a-chug. Olive Spector placed hers on the dining table but Nervous Subject (who lives with her now) won't drink it. I could be wrong but I'm thinking this can be added to the list of NL bugs.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 26, 22:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, same thing for me.

I tried to influence my Sim's lady love to drink the vamprocillin, but to no avail. She nodded like she wanted to drink it but then....nothing!!

Definitely something that must be addressed in the patch.............whenever that eventuates!!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 27, 21:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finally got my first vampire, had to get her relationship with the Contessa to 100/70 before she would bite.  Not sure if it means anything, but the Contessa invited her to a group outing and immediately before she bit her one of them was arguing with the other.  Maybe it was my Sim arguing about not wanting to be bitting, because she immediately sprang-up a want to buy the Vamprocillin.  I did get her some, but so far she hasn't asked to take it so it's in her inventory.  If there isn't a want to take it, she's stuck!  I probably won't leave her as a vampire for long anyway, she was only a means to an end.  No new townie vamps yet, the Count was sort of trying but preferred to go around poking my Sims instead (it's all he ever does). 

I suppose the best answer to this Vamprocillin problem would be for all Sims to carry a phial about their person in case of emergency.  They only cost $60 each, so it's not exactly a big expense.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 30, 01:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've seen, it looks like if you Influence a vampire to take the potion, the potion needs to be sitting on a table somewhere. If your sim is the vampire, they need it in their inventory before they can use it.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 30, 02:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I am starting to wondering is if we can buy vamprocilyn for another Sim like we can buy them a coffee.   If so, it means that when we see the matchmaker on a lot we could buy that bottle for a townie on a community lot.

I am just wondering if this is possible or not since I never tried it.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 01, 10:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've seen, it looks like if you Influence a vampire to take the potion, the potion needs to be sitting on a table somewhere. If your sim is the vampire, they need it in their inventory before they can use it.

Interesting Dizzy-Two.......

I'll try that  Smiley

twinpeekaboo
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 09, 00:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else have any issues even ACQUIRING Vamprocillin? Every time one of my sims calls the matchmaker or bumps into her in town, the only options I can get out of her are talk, influence to, dismiss, or flirt <yikes!> There is no mention of buying the sweet, sweet elixor of life, and my vampires are tired of getting toasty in the morning. Am I a lucky contendor of "guess that glitch" or am I just missing something blatently obvious?

Peek
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: