More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 16:05:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Live in maid?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Live in maid?  (Read 24301 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Live in maid?
« on: 2005 December 28, 10:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone heard of a hack for a live in maid for the rich sims?

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Live in maid?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 28, 11:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

p

Not that I've heard of, but couldn't you just make a sim in CAS, merge them into the house, and use them to do all the cleaning?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 28, 12:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christiuanlov has an all-in-ine NPC. She cooks, she cleans, and she takes care of the chidren. I've never used her myself but I think she a live-in maid.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 28, 13:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danny's DMA worker's set has maids:

http://valdea.com/

Also I think the all-in-one nanny will perform as a maid as well.

Unsouper
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 28, 14:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

p

Not that I've heard of, but couldn't you just make a sim in CAS, merge them into the house, and use them to do all the cleaning?

I've read people suggesting this. Make the sim have 10 neat points, 10 nice points and then use the tombstone of L&D to make the sim unselectable after merging them into the house.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 28, 16:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some issues with christianloves all in one causing bugs in the game. It is also weird when it calls a neighbor.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 28, 20:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some issues with christianloves all in one causing bugs in the game. It is also weird when it calls a neighbor.

Yep, so did I. It's a great idea in theory, but I found that it caused more problems than it was worth.
* I just wish I could remember what exactly* LOL

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 29, 00:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a sim with 10 nice points and 10 active points, have them move into the house and live in a small room, and then just do macro/clean, macro/garden, etc.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 29, 01:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danny's DMA's keep getting better and better with each update.  You can get the starter pack for free.  It also comes with a yellow bugrlar alarm that cures vampires, makes friends fast, and does a bunch of other stuff.  The only drawback is that you can't change NPC clothes if you have a themed neighborhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 29, 01:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that DMA is not awesome. Plus the tacking of on functions that really have nothing to do with the hack itself is a me-too practice known as "bloatware".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 29, 01:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Danny's stuff for a while, then I took it out because it puts too many files in my downloads folder that I don't know what they are.  (with file names like abac12345addf.package). And it attatches a funky thing to your phone line that I am always afraid with conflict with pescado's phone stuff.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 29, 02:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any conflict problems and use both Danny's and Pescado's stuff (namely the thing that lets me turn the blamed ringer off - couldn't live without that). And I'm pleased they aren't global hacks (anymore? I think maybe they used to be). Tho I could do without the long list of choices under "service" when I just want a regular one - I kinda wish there was a seperate menu. Yeah, it's bloated. Seems to me like a lot of people combine a whole bunch of stuff into one thing and you end up with lots of extras just to get one small change you really want. Even a few things of yours like that ;) It's easier to keep up with less when you hafta update everything, I guess - makes sense to me. And less awesome :) but definately handy for some things.

Unsouper
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 29, 02:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can download the packs separately.  I wish I hadn't've downloaded the entertainment set as I never use it but my sims and I love the workers and hookers.  I think it is awesome & I could care less what anyone else thinks.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 29, 03:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is awesome & I could care less what anyone else thinks.

Put the phone down Russell.....I'm sure no one really minds if you use this hack or not!  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 29, 03:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um, I meant the less awesome thing as a joke... I have no sense of humor, sorry.

I'm using the hack and liking it - all of them. I don't want to take some out, I just wish there was a seperate menu option as it does spam my phone list :)

Unsouper
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 29, 05:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, this is a total pet peeve of mine...I am incapable of resisting.

What you meant to say was you COULD NOT or COULDN'T care less what anyone else thinks.  Roll Eyes

Think about it...

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 29, 05:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you meant to say was you COULD NOT or COULDN'T care less what anyone else thinks.  Roll Eyes

Think about it...

Well thank god someone else has noticed this! I thought it may have been a 'foreign' way of using this expression so I didn't speak up earlier!

I've always said "I couldn't care less" and I wondered why the hell other ppl say "I could care less" 'cause it sure ass shit makes no sense to me!!  Cheesy

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 29, 06:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, so did I. It's a great idea in theory, but I found that it caused more problems than it was worth.
* I just wish I could remember what exactly* LOL

I use the allinone all the time and there is no issues with it now and the mod is compatable with all the mods I have installed but most of my modds are from JM, TwoJeff Crammyboy and Inge I try not to use too many modders.

The allinone is always being update for any problems bugs and they are nearly ironed out now. He has just posted a new version today it is awesome
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 29, 14:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read people suggesting this. Make the sim have 10 neat points, 10 nice points and then use the tombstone of L&D to make the sim unselectable after merging them into the house.

If you make them unselectable they will walk off of the lot regardless of whether they live there or not.  Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 29, 15:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you make them unselectable they will walk off of the lot regardless of whether they live there or not.  Tongue

When I added them to the family and then made them unselectable, they didn't leave the lot. *shrugs*
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 29, 15:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thank god someone else has noticed this! I thought it may have been a 'foreign' way of using this expression so I didn't speak up earlier!

I've always said "I couldn't care less" and I wondered why the hell other ppl say "I could care less" 'cause it sure ass shit makes no sense to me!!

The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only there. ...

The intent is obviously sarcastic—the speaker is really saying, "As if there was something in the world that I care less about". ...

There's a close link between the stress pattern of I could care less and the kind that appears in certain sarcastic or self-deprecatory phrases that are associated with the Yiddish heritage and (especially) New York Jewish speech. Perhaps the best known is I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often "I have no hope of being so lucky", a closely similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning. ...

And because it is hard to be sarcastic in writing, it loses its force when put on paper and just ends up looking stupid. In such cases, the older form, while still rather colloquial, at least will communicate your meaning—at least to those who really could care less.

I actually like the sarcastic version. Of course, it's a colloquialism we use a lot in Kentucky and I hear the inflection when I read the words. The rest of the (short) article is interesting as well.

<has nothing on-topic to say>

Edit: dumb typo

Unsouper
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 29, 18:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, ok, so the DMA is 'less awesome' but I find it very useful for two features... Call Display and Pregnancy test.
Yes, I know if a Sim is pregnant, but sometimes it's good to know you have a couple hours left before beginning a meal or heading into a small room. I've had more than one Sim go into labour in the middle of preparing a meal and it's just bad for everyone involved (particularly when twins or more)

I don't care for the npcs myself so I just install the 'burglar alarm' components. I really like the COA as well, it's so easy to change the appearances of those nasty unplayable characters, though I use it most to fix any Sims visiting after I've deleted custom content. (Give them hair, eyebrows etc.) Also for grow up emergencies - preventing Sims from transitioning to Maxis clothing, particularly those horrid brown Maxis child pjs.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 29, 20:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think about it...

Well actually, the way I look at it... you couldn't care less...your current level of non-caring is as far as it goes. You could care less...you don't care as it is, and you could care even less...there's no limit to your non-caring. Both make sense to me.

And the only reason I myself still use Danny's DMA's is b/c his teleporter thingamagigs have proven very handy. The yellow one is good for changing pregnant sims into their actual clothes, as opposed to those atrocious maternity outfits the game likes to force on us. So far, this is the only tool that's allowed me to do this. The red one is good for changing townie outfits, as post-NL, it's been impossible to change clothes for townies. So as less-awesome as it is, until some more awesome hacker comes along to address these two issues *hint, hint* Wink, I have to do w/ the DMA stuff.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 29, 22:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I added them to the family and then made them unselectable, they didn't leave the lot. *shrugs*

That's odd. They did when I tried it.  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 29, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the only reason I myself still use Danny's DMA's is b/c his teleporter thingamagigs have proven very handy. The yellow one is good for changing pregnant sims into their actual clothes, as opposed to those atrocious maternity outfits the game likes to force on us. So far, this is the only tool that's allowed me to do this. The red one is good for changing townie outfits, as post-NL, it's been impossible to change clothes for townies. So as less-awesome as it is, until some more awesome hacker comes along to address these two issues *hint, hint* Wink, I have to do w/ the DMA stuff.

I only have the yellow one and an old copy at that, but I like the caller ID function in particular. That way I can send whoever it's for to the phone if I want them to answer it and avoid everyone dropping everything to rush and answer, then wait for so and so to pick it up, etc... The teleport is good in a pinch too, as is the clothes-changing. I used it to get around the limit on party invites to just teleport in whoever I wanted and then change everyone to formal...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: