More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 14:30:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05  (Read 87210 times)
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
« on: 2006 January 05, 04:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive my fangirl-like excitment, but this expansion pack looks like it's going to be a blast! Really looking forward for more info. on this. Like where exactly will our Sim's businesses be located?

Link: http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep3_videos.php
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 05, 08:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be very good expansion. I think I'll take the risk and order it...Smiley.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 05, 08:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see at least five new hairstyles in that video, not to mention all the other goodies.

Definitely getting. My main neighbourhood is on hold because of it, actually - I have two Teens who aren't going to Uni until OFB is installed.

And the bugs... well, something has to keep me entertained Wink
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 05, 08:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as usual, I will not get it until it has been awesome-ised. However, there are 2 reasons to get it, that I can see from the video: the gnoming bench seems to be back (in some form), and it might make fortune sims more interesting.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 05, 09:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm slightly skeptical of the viability of businesses like the salon....who, exactly, is your customer base? Not your sims, I hope! They probably look exactly like you want them to look!

I also notice that this newest promotional shot features a lack of sims being mean and nasty, unlike the first one. I do not approve.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 05, 09:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm slightly skeptical of the viability of businesses like the salon....who, exactly, is your customer base? Not your sims, I hope! They probably look exactly like you want them to look!
Looks like Sims, Townies, Dormies, Downtownies and probably two new pools of Workers and Shoppers, bumping the average fresh-start neighbourhood to 500 sims before any playables are made. Yay.

Still, the salon should be useful for the latter five.

Does anyone know how exactly the shops are meant to work? Are they residential, or community, or some new lot type?
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 05, 12:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aah! looks like the robot maid is back, so excellent, i really missed it!  Cheesy
as for who will be the customers of the salon, perhaps there will be new haircuts available only for the salon business so we'll have to send our sims to get them. just a thought.  Grin
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 05, 12:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how exactly the shops are meant to work? Are they residential, or community, or some new lot type?

I'm hoping for a possible residential/community combo, as well as just plain community, so it can really become a family business. Plus, no travel/lot change lag!

And those elevators looked positively swish.  Smiley
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 05, 12:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it me or does the tag line of "Your Sims Get Down To Business" sound dirty?

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 05, 12:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear. I know better than to get all excited about anything EA produces but... I'm excited! Robots! Cheesy

I think I may need a better computer for it, though. My poor laptop is having more and more trouble with each expansion.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 05, 12:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tis not just you Mythie Wink

And did I just spot a lift? (elevator, whatever) Awesome.

A proud thread pirate.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 05, 12:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man..I hate to admit it but I'm excited for this EP
My hopes and dreams may be dashed upon installing it but right now it looks great.

I'm most excited about the kites the kids were playing with hehehe
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 05, 13:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope there will be estate agencies and immigration centres so we can choose which Townies we want in which town, and which ones to simply deport never to be seen again Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 05, 13:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that looks awesome. OFB looks good. I wonder how much it will change though. If it adds another area like Uni and NL...gah, I hate switching between areas.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 05, 13:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the first EP I'm actually going to buy - assuming the specs aren't too high for my PC.  Any info on that yet?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 05, 13:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If OFB adds another area I will scream... but only if it is somehow required for the businesses to work. If not, I simply won't add it! I refuse to bugger up my nice custom areas with a few hundred townies I don't want when I can make better ones myself.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 05, 14:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope there will be estate agencies and immigration centres so we can choose which Townies we want in which town, and which ones to simply deport never to be seen again Cheesy

LOL Inge! You always have the best ideas! I still wonder about which "magical creature" we could get wit this EP? I'm giggling like a school girl about this too! It seems so much fun. And I'm glad that the kids are more involved in this EP too...

12th of January Tim leTourneau will have a presentation at Brussels and the lucky ones who get chosen to go will be able to play the game themselves! I didn't even apply yet and I'm already making up excuses to no go to work!!! Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 05, 14:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wonder about which "magical creature" we could get wit this EP?

Given that the first two EP's brought us Zombies and Vampires, respectively, the next logical creature would be a Tax Collector.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 05, 15:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to get it Grin Woo!

Haha Hairfish!

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 05, 15:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to see the system requirements first, which Maxis seems to have conveniently forgotten to post anywhere on the BSB (oops, I meant BBS).

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 05, 15:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Inge! You always have the best ideas! I still wonder about which "magical creature" we could get wit this EP? I'm giggling like a school girl about this too! It seems so much fun. And I'm glad that the kids are more involved in this EP too...

12th of January Tim leTourneau will have a presentation at Brussels and the lucky ones who get chosen to go will be able to play the game themselves! I didn't even apply yet and I'm already making up excuses to no go to work!!! Grin

Snooty has indicated that he/she(?) has received an invitation and is going, so you could check that site to see what info is given out.

Inge -
I know you're not taking requests, but maybe after the school and prison, you could do an immigration office.  Wink  Wink  Smiley
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 05, 16:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that what the cow plant is for ?  Grin
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 05, 16:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like an excited N00b.... REALLY looking forward to this expansion pack! Unlike everyone else who wants PETS PETS PETS PETS (and I really don't, taking care of our golden retriever puppy IRL is enough work for me) this EP is something that really appeals to me.

But I now I HAVE to get it anyway Grin I'll need to update the Sims2DB database!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 05, 17:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I WAS looking forward to it, now I am not:

From what the latest news says it seems that the businesses will all be home based, nothing more.

I like that option, it's is nice to have, but I want a community lot that I can live on and run a business in my downtown area--like in RL, live upstairs, work downstairs. I want to be able to play a sim and take them down to the bakry (for example) and their they will see the Breads Family hard at work, or play the Breads hard at work.

And if I can't have a 'run your own business' downtown, then I don't want the damn EP. It'd just make me have to update all my hacks, etc. I say: Fooey on it! Fooey on Maxis! Smiley At least until they give us some indication that businesses will run just like community lots.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 05, 17:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, that ep is not for me.  I am gonna pass on that one never sounded excited and even by seeing the video it did not made me change my mind.  I only see tons of possible bugs in that one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: