More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:45:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any one have problems placing lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any one have problems placing lots?  (Read 5168 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Any one have problems placing lots?
« on: 2006 January 07, 00:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last couple of neighborhoods that I've worked on, I've been trying to get that crowded, urban look to them. I'm going for a Manhatten NY look. I want to place the lots right next to each other. I have no problem placing undeveloped lots right next to each other, but if the lot has been built on, it won't place right next to (no space in between) the next lot. I like to have several "template" lots so I don't have to keep rebuilding the same type of lot - especially when there are great builders out there creating the exact lots I'm looking for  Grin  but the templates aren't much use if I can't place them.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Any one have problems placing lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 07, 00:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have, and it drives me up the wall. Because of the strange graphic problems I have in n'hood view whenever I have lots with any elevation change on them, all of my lots are perfectly flat, so it can't be incompatible elevations, especially as most of my terrain is perfectly flat as well.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 07, 02:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yuppers!

it's a pain in the ass when you want pre-built lots right next to each other Angry

I noticed that that when I couldn't place a pre-built right next to another, I also couldn't place any neighborhood decoration trees in that empty spot between them, even though there is enough space  Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 07, 02:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried to exit that hood, then go back and try again?  I think it's a memory problem sometimes.  I knowe that pre-patch, I was able to do in in Downtown, and after the patch it became more of a problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 08, 13:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup I had endless problems making my big Willow Walk neighbourhood.  They all have a river at the back of them, so gaps look really stupid!  I did find the terrain wasn't level a lot of the time.  It looked level, but it wasn't.  You need your lots to be completely level as well.  I tackled it by flattening a big area with one of the maxis community megalots and moving the lot along the road one square at a time flattening hills as I went.  I also agree that something isn't updating properly.  Lots that wouldn't place at all one evening would place fine the next day.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 08, 18:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that often if I moved a lot after I placed a family into it I could get the lots right next to each other where I had gaps before.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 08, 18:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can load your downtown then the neighbourhood again.(or vice versa)  Smiley Sometimes the land clears so you can put houses right next to each other.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 08, 18:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's because there is a funny sharp incline between one lot and the next after bulldozing, sometimes.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that often if I moved a lot after I placed a family into it I could get the lots right next to each other where I had gaps before.
thanks - have to try that one

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 09, 20:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same problem simmiecal. You know the terrace variations I uploaded to laverwinklesims? Those terrace houses were all supposed to be in a row, but I get a gap between them and can't place trees etc. I'll try again now I know that sometimes lots can be placed closer together. I'm obviously holding my tongue wrong.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 09, 23:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same problem simmiecal. You know the terrace variations I uploaded to laverwinklesims? Those terrace houses were all supposed to be in a row, but I get a gap between them and can't place trees etc. I'll try again now I know that sometimes lots can be placed closer together. I'm obviously holding my tongue wrong.

Trying to place your lots and Reg's urban ones was what prompted this thread. I really wanted that row house look and didn't want the spaces. No matter what I did, I couldn't get them to place. I made an alley in the neighborhood screen but unfortunately when you go into the lots, the alley doesn't show and you see green grass.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 09, 23:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmie, you need to place a lot with a house on, then move it along one space at a time. It flattens the land. Either that or use a fairly flat template to start with! Grin I tend to just use my own home-made neighbourhoods now cos they are all flat where I have put the roads.

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 09, 23:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmie, you need to place a lot with a house on, then move it along one space at a time. It flattens the land. Either that or use a fairly flat template to start with! Grin I tend to just use my own home-made neighbourhoods now cos they are all flat where I have put the roads.

Thanks Emma. 

MATYville certainly isn't flat so that must be where my problem is.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 09, 23:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only matters about being flat if you want a housing estate-like neighbourhood. I have a neighbourhood which has houses, trailers and caravans scattered all over, and that one is quite hilly.  Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: