More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 09:11:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hydrobot watering veggies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hydrobot watering veggies  (Read 6167 times)
Auntie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hydrobot watering veggies
« on: 2007 August 28, 11:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there is a hack that lets the hydrobots water the vegetable garden?  If there isn't one already, could there be one?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hydrobot watering veggies
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 28, 11:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hydrobots cannot water the garden reliably because if they tried, they get stuck unable to path through the garden vegetation, since the bot is too wide to be able to path between the plants. Not to mention that it's completely unnecessary, since there is already a sprinkler.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 28, 11:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hadn't noticed this as hydrobots are banned in my game, along with cleanbots.

the sprinklers work perfectly well, now i have the hack that makes them break less often.
i go into overhead view when i place the sprinklers and the soil, to ensure that all veggies get sprinkler coverage, by just one sprinkler to avoid overwatering.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 28, 13:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redundant sprinkler coverage does not overwater plants. Sprinklers don't truly "water" like that, they merely "set" a plant's water level, if not higher, to 5. The effect is not additive and multiple sprinklers will not overwater the plant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 29, 13:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OHHHHHH! Didn't know that one - Baaaa!

So do the corner plots that are only partly in the sprinker area get watered up to level 5 as well?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 29, 13:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do the corner plots that are only partly in the sprinker area get watered up to level 5 as well?
All plots within the green squares of the sprinkler are watered equally. The spheroid is purely graphical., a 4x4 sprinkler covers the entire 4x4 area even though the corners may appear to receive poor coverage.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 30, 10:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaa - I'll pass that on - I bet I'm not the only one wondering if the corners are getting full coverage.
I downloaded a TSR challenge lot where the sprinkers were set up overlapping and covered the fruit trees too. 
You don't need to water the trees at all surely.

The TSR challenge was the McDonalds; it was a lot of fun and took ages as I stuck with the spirit of it, gave hubby an LTW of marry off 6 kids (instead of 6 grandkids which doesn't working in my game) and had them pop out another 4 kids on top of the pair they had.  Getting a continually pregnant sim a top level home farm business took a long time!
« Last Edit: 2007 August 30, 10:42:08 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 30, 11:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baa from me too. i thought overlapping sprinklers might cause those pathetic dripping plants.

however, using sprinkers together with macro-garden does sometimes result in overwatering of plants in greenhouses.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 30, 11:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baa from me too. i thought overlapping sprinklers might cause those pathetic dripping plants.

however, using sprinkers together with macro-garden does sometimes result in overwatering of plants in greenhouses.
Macro Garden will not cause overwatering of plants even when used with sprinklers, as Macro-Garden specifically detects the presence of sprinklers and deliberately abstains from watering if a sprinkler is present, although watering remains open as a sprinkler only raises water to 5 (overwatered is something around 40), and thus may do light watering for badgepoints if not gold.

Macrotastics *IS* programmed to intentionally drown plants for the health boost before harvesting, however, so this could be what you're seeing. It will not, however, normally overwater plants, unless you ordered it to Skillinate Gardening (in which it overwaters purely to gain badge points).

The damage inflicted by overwatering is considered to be relatively minor when the cause of the overwatering is manual. However, in pre-patch versions of the game, indoor plants can be overwatered by rain if you do not install the indoor plant fix.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 30, 15:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaa - I'll pass that on - I bet I'm not the only one wondering if the corners are getting full coverage.
I downloaded a TSR challenge lot where the sprinkers were set up overlapping and covered the fruit trees too. 
You don't need to water the trees at all surely.

The TSR challenge was the McDonalds; it was a lot of fun and took ages as I stuck with the spirit of it, gave hubby an LTW of marry off 6 kids (instead of 6 grandkids which doesn't working in my game) and had them pop out another 4 kids on top of the pair they had.  Getting a continually pregnant sim a top level home farm business took a long time!

i am also playing that lot, the lag on my computer from playing a large lot is awful though. i deleted most of the sprinklers (orchard trees do NOT need watering as you say) and rearranged the greenhouse, the layout was pathetic. also, the house is at least twice as big as it needs to be.

More F than you
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 31, 12:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the shop is miles from the house too and doesn't have a bathroom.  Encouraging the kids to be active helped them sprint between the garden, the pond, the loo and the shop!  Emma never did sprint.  Things got easier when the eldest daughter went permaplat after maxing her career - the LTW she originally had exists, but doesn't work in my game so I changed it. I suppose I ought to have stuck with it and then cheated her permaplat instead, but you make your own rules with the challenges.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 31, 16:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the shop is miles from the house too and doesn't have a bathroom.
Ow. The 3 hour walk that guarantees assures lazy sims will end up peeing on the floor. Running is mandatory!
* J. M. Pescado crack whip.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 03, 10:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just built an extra building with toilets and showers in it, and put BUY in. but i regret not moving the family to a smaller lot when i started playing. once i had deleted all the extra sprinklers, generally sorted out the yard and done extra building, i was too lazy to move them.

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: