More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:50:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Installing the Seasons - problem where existing suburb is not B001
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installing the Seasons - problem where existing suburb is not B001  (Read 4359 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Installing the Seasons - problem where existing suburb is not B001
« on: 2007 July 10, 20:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just installed seasons and the game is throwing a wobbly over neighbourhoods where suburbs have been deleted in the past.  I have one hood with a suburb B002 only and another with B003 only. They worked fine in OFB.  When I click on either of these hoods now I get a flashing neighbourhood screen and a message saying suburbs are being created. It then hangs for a long time and the flashing doesn't stop.  I can't get from there to the 'hood screen though I can eventually get into the suburb via the icon on the top LHS.  Has anyone else hit a problem like this?  When I quit and go look at the files,  I now have suburb files for the missing numbers.  I think it's to do with the extra suburb that Seasons seems to create.

That extra suburb file is going to be a problem for making another sub-hood of anykind.  First indications are that you can't just delete that file and convert the hood into a default sub-hood by changing the ID number and re-numbering the files like you could before Seasons.  Sad Angry  Help wanted on this one too please.

I'll edit or re-post if I get any more detail when I try again.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
Re: Installing the Seasons - problem where existing suburb is not B001
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 12, 13:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has no-one else had this problem at all?  No educated guesses?

I'd like to understand what Seasons does to the suburb files because it messes up making default hoods.  Lechapeau and I have worked out that you can roll your game back using Numenors tool and create sub-hoods, but you can't convert a hood make in Seasons.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 12, 14:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons, like Pets before it, has a stealth subneighbourhood in its files. I don't know exactly what is going on here (I have never deleted a subneighbourhood since getting Seasons, or migrated an old neighbourhood across), but that's where I'd look for it.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 22, 22:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for replying Jordi.  I'm not qute sure what to do next.  So far I've just quit and put back the old version of the affected hoods.  The deletions are mainly from where I was testing adding Sedona on top of Bluewater in various combinations.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 26, 01:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've uploaded one of the hoods that doesn't work to my website minus the pics and albums.  EDIT - download reemoved

I've done a bug report.  Looks to me like the Seasons messes up a hood where B001 does not exist while it's adding the weather.  I suspect the Seasons check for existing suburbs is faulty - no B001=no suburbs.   Can anyone confirm the problem, work out wtf is going on and even better make a fix?  The one I've uploaded is a test hood; my real problem is N004 which has the same problem and is my main Custom hood!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 31, 14:34:28 by cwykes » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 31, 14:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My two hoods with no B001 load as of last night. Cheesy  I re-installed Seasons yesterday and put the hoods back a few at a time deleting the NeighborhoodManager.package every time.  Could be the re-install fixed it, but I reckon forcing the 'hoodmanager to regenerate did the trick.  I still think Seasons can't count past B001 because that was the obvious common factor for those hoods and they were fine before Seasons. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: