More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:40:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100618 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #875 on: 2008 January 21, 04:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can't you enter the lot?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2008 January 21, 17:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might be best using a summoner to move the YA into another lot. Then save, then see if the lot is now playable. It might be. I've not had that particular cocktail before. Lot stuck in buy/build with a playable present, yes.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2008 January 27, 03:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim does not show up on the Resurrectonomicon at all, it means his character file data has been irreversibly destroyed due to tombstone loss. To prevent unwanted file-shredding, you should have installed nounlinkondelete in advance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2008 January 28, 17:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is it possible to make the Lot Debugger MOAR decorative? I never have a place for it in lots that have no foundations.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2008 January 28, 19:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, back in March of 2006, you posted a reply to someone about adding a 'Remove $Subject' from sims memories.  At that point you replied you'd think about it.  So?
   Reason i'm asking, is somehow, my game on rare occasions seems to corrupt the data of new-born babies when i either 'Save' during play or exit/save to NH.  This is still a fairly new NH, 3 playable houses and one particular family has lost new babies twice.  Their first and fifth baby.  #'s 2, 3 and 4th spawn all grew up fine and dandy, even with the saving/exiting part during infant stage. 
   I've gone thru and run Scan/Fix Disk after each occurance, so at least the offending Blank Icon's no longer show up and cause errors, but those memories of 'Had Baby/$Subject' are still there.  Using the 'Clear Trash'/''Clear Gossip' doesn't effect them.
   I have an aversion to using SimPE, so that is not an option.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2008 January 28, 21:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is it possible to make the Lot Debugger MOAR decorative? I never have a place for it in lots that have no foundations.

I'm thinking of using it as a prop in spawn bedrooms (the batman logo makes it look like one of those novelty toy chests).  Otherwise it sits outside in the back yard, like an airconditioning unit.  Every house with its batman box.  I never bother to try to hide it.  If I hide it, I forget I have it there.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2008 January 28, 21:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was something that was talked about in the Kitchen and Bath L&P thread. I just wondering if El Presidente was interested in it.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2008 January 28, 22:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe make it gray\silver? It could be an air conditioning unit.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: 2008 January 28, 23:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a roof on your house you can use moveobjects to stick it in the roof space.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2008 January 28, 23:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a thought... Although I thought it would've been cool to have a washer/dryer lot debugger. *le sigh*

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2008 January 29, 01:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always stick it under the roof. I don't have any current houses with foundations, and always have to cover the top floor with $0 floor tiles anyways due to the unnatural things I make roofs do. Lot Debugger, ACR controller, and the game's Sim Modder cheat object are my must-haves. The problems come on business lots like Dance! That don't have a foundation and have flat roofs. Sometimes I make mock phone booths. You can kind of layer them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2008 January 29, 03:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking of using it as a prop in spawn bedrooms (the batman logo makes it look like one of those novelty toy chests).  Otherwise it sits outside in the back yard, like an airconditioning unit.  Every house with its batman box.  I never bother to try to hide it.  If I hide it, I forget I have it there.

I'm with you on this one. All of my lots just have a strange collection of junk in the back yard. This is how I discovered that sims LOVE scanning the lot debugger for finger prints. It seems inconvenient for me to hide the objects because then I have to go hunt them down every time I want to use them (and I use the macro box quite a bit).

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2008 January 29, 03:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no plans to make the Lot Debugger "decorative" at present, as I lack skills of an artist. Also, we've put up with it in its black box state for so long that by now, you'd think you'd have gotten used to stashing it someplace, like, under the foundation, under the roof, or under the stairs.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2008 January 29, 04:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no plans to make the Lot Debugger "decorative" at present, as I lack skills of an artist. Also, we've put up with it in its black box state for so long that by now, you'd think you'd have gotten used to stashing it someplace, like, under the foundation, under the roof, or under the stairs.

The problem with stashing it under something (such as the foundation or roof) is that I need to change levels to click on it.  I hate changing from my viewing deck and try to do it as little as possible.

I just stick my hacky things (lot debugger, macro box, lot sync timer, etc) in the front yard - so they can be seen from any floor - and pretend they're off world/OOC.  I don't tend to take pictures of my sims, but if I do want to for some reason, I just move the the hacky objects out of the way so they won't be in the picture then put them back.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2008 January 29, 05:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that "in the fish pond" is a convenient place to stick it. It's not very visible, being underwater and all, and yet is immediately accessible from any level because nothing tends to cover up the pond.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2008 January 29, 05:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no help for a lot that does not load, yes. If the lot is completely non-loadable, you can try the Cellphone Reset tool, if the crashing might be cellphone-related, but otherwise you're SOL.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2008 January 29, 06:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no plans to make the Lot Debugger "decorative" at present, as I lack skills of an artist.

but if it was recolorable then other people could make some nice recolors for it  Wink 

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: 2008 January 29, 07:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no plans to make the Lot Debugger "decorative" at present, as I lack skills of an artist.

but if it was recolorable then other people could make some nice recolors for it  Wink 

That would be a shiny solution: the batman box for 'tards, and recolors for those of us who won't get confused by an object that blends in with the surroundings.  But I shall have to try the pond thing whenever I play again.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: 2008 January 29, 09:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turned lot debugger into the small glass vase from the base game. I use this vase in almost every lot for table decoration. It's a quite simple process if you have done it once. I saved required mesh files in a folder. Whenever lot debugger is updated, I just add those files in SimPE.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #894 on: 2008 January 29, 11:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turned lot debugger into the small glass vase from the base game. I use this vase in almost every lot for table decoration. It's a quite simple process if you have done it once. I saved required mesh files in a folder. Whenever lot debugger is updated, I just add those files in SimPE.

Well-are you going to share? Please! Pretty please? Kiss

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: 2008 January 29, 17:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted on Peasantry. Cheesy

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2008 January 29, 19:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be handy? If the Lotdebugger looked & acted like an endtable. Then it could be used as a stand for the sleepclock. Or it could be a nice desk or table that could still be used as a place to stick the computer. I don't put a lot of decorative stuff around my lots. I put the lotdebugger, macrotastics box, & the synctimer along the side of the house. Say... maybe they could be rosebushes or trees or something? That would be cool.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2008 January 31, 02:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I considered shrubs, but I decided I didn't want to harsh on Inge's vibe. Shrubs are an Inge thing.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2008 January 31, 02:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be handy? If the Lotdebugger looked & acted like an endtable. Then it could be used as a stand for the sleepclock. Or it could be a nice desk or table that could still be used as a place to stick the computer. I don't put a lot of decorative stuff around my lots. I put the lotdebugger, macrotastics box, & the synctimer along the side of the house. Say... maybe they could be rosebushes or trees or something? That would be cool.

I try to get houses with foundations, then I hide them all under the house since you don't have to physically interact to use them.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: 2008 February 02, 18:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but you've got to change levels to get at it and that's a pain - even more of a pain if your graphics are struggling with a big multi-floor lot.  My boxes sit outside the front door with the shrubs and I'm used to them.  I'd vote for making an end table version you can put things on it - multi-functional as well as awesome would be cool.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: