More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:22:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a problem  (Read 3193 times)
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
I have a problem
« on: 2005 September 09, 16:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with some of my lots and I believe this used to happen in just sims 2 and the patch was suppose to fix it but it is back again.
I started a new town because my other one was so glitchy it was impossible to play them anymore and I dont want to destroy it so when the patch or something is released I can play it again.

anyway,,,,, lolol... My household first had a burglar ,  and yes I had an alarm ,  but the police never showed up .. i seen one come into the scene then popped out like it was never there and the burglar got away with alot of my things.. so i just went out of that game without saving so I could save my things from being stolen... Then,, they had a fire and yes I have the alarm ,  again the fire department popped in and out within a eyeblink and no one came to put out the fire.. lost two of my sims trying to put it out... so again I left without saving so I could get my sims back....
Next I ordered groceries and the delivery man came in with a blink and left with a blink and my groceries were left on the other side of the street... new and different bugs each time I play and yet it seems to me these were happening in just sims2 and that was the reason for the 1st patch... Now this is a new town with hardly and any people in it yet... so its not over crowded ... any Ideas on whats going on ?  And which of the downloads I need to fix it maybe? 

Your help is so much needed ,, thanks for any advice.....
Brenda
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I have a problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 09, 16:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have a problem with portals being broken.  Crammyboy has a fix which will tell you if this is the case, and there is a link there to another program which can be used to replace missing portals.  I haven't used it, but some people have reported good results from it.  You can get them from MTS2.  I'll try and find the link for you and post it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/search.php?searchid=2138808

I noticed that the fix is for University, but it may work for you, I don't know.  If it doesn't, I would suggest removing your complete Sims2 folder and doing a complete uninstall/reinstall, then copy your sims2 folder back into my docs/EAGames.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 09, 16:21:07 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 09, 16:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley  Hi Brenda.  Have you tried JMP's  lot debugger? And definately try the portals fix ZZ just mentioned.  It's something in your lot that's bugged. 

Good luck to ya, hon.  Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 09, 16:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The portal fix worked fine in my game.  I had a Uni lot that no-one could leave when they graduated.  Turned-out to be the grocery delivery van portal that was messed-up, although quite why that stopped them leaving in a taxi I have no idea, because the taxis arrived no probs when I ordered them to go to community lots.  Anyway, it worked and after that they could leave, so I didn't bother trying to analyse the whys and wherefores!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 09, 16:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger is a good idea too, but does it work in just Sims2?

Zephyr Zodiac
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 10, 00:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone I will try the debugger first... hopefully it fixes it...
I have university but this problem I believe was also when it was just sims2 .  and couldnt figure out why it would manifest again....
Thanks for all the help...

Brenda
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: